114 Good Argumentative Essay Topics for Students in 2023
April 25, 2023
The skill of writing an excellent argumentative essay is a crucial one for every high school or college student to master. Argumentative essays teach students how to organize their thoughts logically and present them in a convincing way. This skill is helpful not only for those pursuing degrees in law , international relations , or public policy , but for any student who wishes to develop their critical thinking faculties. In this article, we’ll cover what makes a good argument essay and offer several argumentative essay topics for high school and college students. Let’s begin!
What is an Argumentative Essay
An argumentative essay is an essay that uses research to present a reasoned argument on a particular subject . As with the persuasive essay , the purpose of this essay is to sway the reader to the writer’s position. A strong persuasive essay makes its point through diligent research, evidence, and logical reasoning skills.
Argumentative Essay Format
A strong argumentative essay will be based on facts, not feelings. Each of these facts should be supported by clear evidence from credible sources . Furthermore, a good argumentative essay will have an easy-to-follow structure. When organizing your argumentative essay, use this format as a guide: introduction, supporting body paragraphs, paragraphs addressing common counterarguments, and conclusion.
In the introduction , the writer presents their position and thesis statement —a sentence that summarizes the paper’s main points. The body paragraphs then draw upon supporting evidence to back up this initial statement, with each paragraph focusing on its own point. In the counterargument paragraph , the writer acknowledges and refutes opposing viewpoints. Finally, in the conclusion , the writer restates the main argument made in the thesis statement and summarizes the points of the essay. Additionally, the conclusion may offer a final proposal to persuade the reader of the essay’s position.
For more tips and tricks on formatting an argumentative essay, check out this useful guide from Khan Academy.
How to Write an Effective Argumentative Essay, Step by Step
- Choose your topic. Use the list below to help you pick a topic. Ideally, the topic you choose will be meaningful to you.
- Once you’ve selected your topic, it’s time to sit down and get to work! Use the library, the web, and any other resources to gather information about your argumentative essay topic. Research widely but smartly. As you go, take organized notes, marking the source of every quote and where it may fit in the scheme of your larger essay. Remember to look for possible counterarguments.
- Outline . Using the argumentative essay format above, create an outline for your essay. Brainstorm a thesis statement covering your argument’s main points, and begin to put together the pieces of the essay, focusing on logical flow.
- Write . Draw on your research and outline to create a solid first draft. Remember, your first draft doesn’t need to be perfect. (As Voltaire says, “Perfect is the enemy of good.”) For now, focus on getting the words down on paper.
- Edit . Be your own critical eye. Read what you’ve written back to yourself. Does it make sense? Where can you improve? What can you cut?
Argumentative Essay Topics for Middle School, High School, and College Students
Family argumentative essay topics.
- Should the government provide financial incentives for families to have children to address the declining birth rate?
- Should we require parents to provide their children with a certain level of nutrition and physical activity to prevent childhood obesity?
- Should parents implement limits on how much time their children spend playing video games?
- Should cellphones be banned from family/holiday gatherings?
- Should we hold parents legally responsible for their children’s actions?
- Should children have the right to sue their parents for neglect?
- Should parents have the right to choose their child’s religion?
- Are spanking and other forms of physical punishment an effective method of discipline?
- Should courts allow children to choose where they live in cases of divorce?
- Should parents have the right to monitor teens’ activity on social media?
- Should parents control their child’s medical treatment, even if it goes against the child’s wishes?
Education Argument Essay Topics
- Should schools ban the use of technology like ChatGPT?
- Are zoos unethical, or necessary for conservation and education?
- To what degree should we hold parents responsible in the event of a school shooting?
- Should schools offer students a set number of mental health days?
- Should school science curriculums offer a course on combating climate change?
- Should public libraries be allowed to ban certain books?
- What role, if any, should prayer play in public schools?
- Should schools push to abolish homework?
- Are gifted and talented programs in schools more harmful than beneficial due to their exclusionary nature?
- Should universities do away with Greek life?
- Should schools remove artwork, such as murals, that some perceive as offensive?
- Should the government grant parents the right to choose alternative education options for their children and use taxpayer funds to support these options?
- Is homeschooling better than traditional schooling for children’s academic and social development?
- Should we require schools to teach sex education to reduce teen pregnancy rates?
- Should we require schools to provide comprehensive sex education that includes information about both homosexual and heterosexual relationships?
- Should colleges use affirmative action and other race-conscious policies to address diversity on campus?
- Should the government fund public universities to make higher education more accessible to low-income students?
- Should the government fund universal preschool to improve children’s readiness for kindergarten?
Government Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should the U.S. decriminalize prostitution?
- Should the U.S. issue migration visas to all eligible applicants?
- Should the federal government cancel all student loan debt?
- Should we lower the minimum voting age? If so, to what?
- Should the federal government abolish all laws penalizing drug production and use?
- Should the U.S. use its military power to deter a Chinese invasion of Taiwan?
- Should the U.S. supply Ukraine with further military intelligence and supplies?
- Should the North and South of the U.S. split up into two regions?
- Should Americans hold up nationalism as a critical value?
- Should we permit Supreme Court justices to hold their positions indefinitely?
- Should Supreme Court justices be democratically elected?
- Is the Electoral College still a productive approach to electing the U.S. president?
- Should the U.S. implement a national firearm registry?
- Is it ethical for countries like China and Israel to mandate compulsory military service for all citizens?
- Should the U.S. government implement a ranked-choice voting system?
- Should institutions that benefited from slavery be required to provide reparations?
- Based on the 1619 project, should history classes change how they teach about the founding of the U.S.?
Bioethics Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should the U.S. government offer its own healthcare plan?
- In the case of highly infectious pandemics, should we focus on individual freedoms or public safety when implementing policies to control the spread?
- Should we legally require parents to vaccinate their children to protect public health?
- Is it ethical for parents to use genetic engineering to create “designer babies” with specific physical and intellectual traits?
- Should the government fund research on embryonic stem cells for medical treatments?
- Should the government legalize assisted suicide for terminally ill patients?
Social Media Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should the federal government increase its efforts to minimize the negative impact of social media?
- Do social media and smartphones strengthen one’s relationships?
- Should antitrust regulators take action to limit the size of big tech companies?
- Should social media platforms ban political advertisements?
- Should the federal government hold social media companies accountable for instances of hate speech discovered on their platforms?
- Do apps such as TikTok and Instagram ultimately worsen the mental well-being of teenagers?
- Should governments oversee how social media platforms manage their users’ data?
- Should social media platforms like Facebook enforce a minimum age requirement for users?
- Should social media companies be held responsible for cases of cyberbullying?
- Should the United States ban TikTok?
Religion Argument Essay Topics
- Should religious institutions be tax-exempt?
- Should religious symbols such as the hijab or crucifix be allowed in public spaces?
- Should religious freedoms be protected, even when they conflict with secular laws?
- Should the government regulate religious practices?
- Should we allow churches to engage in political activities?
- Religion: a force for good or evil in the world?
- Should the government provide funding for religious schools?
- Is it ethical for healthcare providers to deny abortions based on religious beliefs?
- Should religious organizations be allowed to discriminate in their hiring practices?
- Should we allow people to opt out of medical treatments based on their religious beliefs?
- Should the U.S. government hold religious organizations accountable for cases of sexual abuse within their community?
- Should religious beliefs be exempt from anti-discrimination laws?
- Should religious individuals be allowed to refuse services to others based on their beliefs or lifestyles? (As in this famous case .)
Science Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should the world eliminate nuclear weapons?
- Should scientists bring back extinct animals?
- Should we hold companies fiscally responsible for their carbon footprint?
- Should we ban pesticides in favor of organic farming methods?
- Is it ethical to clone animals for scientific purposes?
- Should the federal government ban all fossil fuels, despite the potential economic impact on specific industries and communities?
- What renewable energy source should the U.S. invest more money in?
- Should the FDA outlaw GMOs?
- Would the world be safe if we got rid of all nuclear weapons?
- Should we worry about artificial intelligence surpassing human intelligence?
Sports Argument Essay Topics
- Should colleges compensate student-athletes?
- How should sports teams and leagues address the gender pay gap?
- Should youth sports teams do away with scorekeeping?
- Should we ban aggressive contact sports like boxing and MMA?
- Should professional sports associations mandate that athletes stand during the national anthem?
- Should high schools require their student-athletes to maintain a certain GPA?
- Should transgender athletes compete in sports according to their gender identity?
- Should schools ban football due to the inherent danger it poses to players?
Technology Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should sites like DALL-E compensate the artists whose work it was trained on?
- Is social media harmful to children?
- Should the federal government make human exploration of space a more significant priority?
- Is it ethical for the government to use surveillance technology to monitor citizens?
- Should websites require proof of age from their users?
- Should we consider A.I.-generated images and text pieces of art?
- Does the use of facial recognition technology violate individuals’ privacy?
Business Argument Essay Topics
- Should the U.S. government phase out the use of paper money in favor of a fully digital currency system?
- Should the federal government abolish its patent and copyright laws?
- Should we replace the Federal Reserve with free-market institutions?
- Is free-market ideology responsible for the U.S. economy’s poor performance over the past decade?
- Will cryptocurrencies overtake natural resources like gold and silver?
- Is capitalism the best economic system? What system would be better?
- Should the U.S. government enact a universal basic income?
- Should we require companies to provide paid parental leave to their employees?
- Should the government raise the minimum wage?
- Should antitrust regulators break up large companies to promote competition?
- Is it ethical for companies to prioritize profits over social responsibility?
- Should gig-economy workers like Uber and Lyft drivers be considered employees or independent contractors?
- Should the federal government regulate the gig economy to ensure fair treatment of workers?
- Should the government require companies to disclose the environmental impact of their products?
In Conclusion – Argument Essay Topics
Using the tips above, you can effectively structure and pen a compelling argumentative essay that will wow your instructor and classmates. Remember to craft a thesis statement that offers readers a roadmap through your essay, draw on your sources wisely to back up any claims, and read through your paper several times before it’s due to catch any last-minute proofreading errors. With time, diligence, and patience, your essay will be the most outstanding assignment you’ve ever turned in…until the next one rolls around.
Looking for more fresh and engaging topics for use in the classroom? Also check out our 85 Good Debate Topics for High School Students .
- High School Success
With a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing from Columbia University and an MFA in Fiction from the Michener Center for Writers at the University of Texas at Austin, Lauren has been a professional writer for over a decade. She is the author of the chapbook A Great Dark House (Poetry Society of America, 2023) and a forthcoming novel (Viking/Penguin).
- 2-Year Colleges
- Application Strategies
- Big Picture
- Career & Personality Assessment
- College Essay
- College Search/Knowledge
- College Success
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Extracurricular Activities
- Graduate School Admissions
- High Schools
- Law School Admissions
- Medical School Admissions
- Navigating the Admissions Process
- Online Learning
- Summer Programs
“Innovative and invaluable…use this book as your college lifeline.”
— Lynn O'Shaughnessy
Nationally Recognized College Expert
College Planning in Your Inbox
Join our information-packed monthly newsletter.
Sign Up Now
227 Amazing College Persuasive Essay Topics [Free Ideas]
Ever wondered what a persuasive essay is? Are you struggling to differentiate it from an argumentative one? Do you think it’s impossible to find original persuasive speech topics for college students?
If you have answered yes to any question, you’ve come to the right place. Our team can help you!
A persuasive essay is a piece of academic writing that convinces readers to accept the author’s position and agree with their ideas. Through clear arguments and examples, the writer demonstrates the legitimacy of their point of view.
Below, we have provided a list of the most interesting and unique college persuasive essay topics. So, don’t waste any more of your time searching for the right title. Use our ideas and create an outstanding persuasive essay!
- 👉 How to Choose?
- ✨ Best Speech Topics
- 🎓 Ideas on Education
- 📜 Topics on History
- ⚖ Ideas on Politics
- 👍 Topics on Sociology
- 💰 Ideas on Economics
- 🚌 Transportation
- 🌿 Environment
- ⚙ Technology
- 🌍 Traveling
- ✌ Lifestyle
- 🏫 Teenagers
- 📚 Literature
- 🖐 25 More Topics
👉 How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic for College?
The main secret of the successful persuasive essay is a compelling topic. Therefore, when choosing the right persuasive topic, follow these few simple pieces of advice:
- Re-read the assignment . The task that you’ve received from your tutor can be of great assistance. You just have to read it correctly. Unfortunately, college students tend to underestimate the power of the question. Don’t make this mistake. Read your assignment carefully because it can provide clues on the topic to look for.
- Brainstorm ideas. Before writing any paper, college students have to research. It will ensure the argumentative part of the persuasive essay. To understand what to examine, have an ideation session, and consider a variety of ideas. Picking the most appropriate one, you’ll see where to start your research. Try to find as many topics as you can. Free college essays collection is a good place to check out as a part of your session. You’ll be able to see what topics are already covered, and what you can expand upon. It will make your investigation and writing processes easier!
- Don’t pick an idea if it’s too broad . You may think that in this case, you’ll have plenty of things to argue about. Well, maybe a bit too many. In your essay, you should cover an entire topic so that it sounds convincing. When the idea is too broad, you can’t fit every argument in one paper. So, specify your title. For instance, you want to persuade your readers to stay healthy. Then don’t investigate all the aspects of maintaining health. Focus on one specific issue. For example, explore the positive influence of sport on the general health condition of a human being.
- Ensure that you have credible sources. In some colleges, even the smallest essays may require a list of references. Thus, make sure you have materials to research and later list as your sources. Remember: Good persuasive paper topics for college have to offer a wide variety of sources to investigate. So, if you are not confident in your materials, better change the title. It will prevent you from a lack of evidence to support your arguments.
- Choose a topic of personal interest. We’re not compelling you to write something that you enjoy when it contradicts the assignment. But try to select an idea that doesn’t bore you from reading it out loud. It is always more pleasurable to write on a topic you are passionate about. Don’t miss your chance to make turn your essay writing process into an exciting activity.
- Select something you have an opinion about, but open to debate. Your tutors can disagree with your position. Nevertheless, it is not a reason to give up. It’s the right time to show your critical thinking skills. State your position clearly and provide convincing arguments to support it. Show your readers that you can change your position if you see some compelling data. It can give you some extra credit. The best persuasion topics for college create an environment for debates and discussions.
- Be unique! In colleges, the amount of papers done daily is enormous. Don’t make your professors read about the importance of waste sorting, for example, yet again. The topic of environmental protection is undoubtedly extremely significant. However: It is way too overused. The professors are tired of reading essays on the same issues again and again. Surprise them and stand out.
✨ 12 Best Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students
- How important is mental health?
- Is online school more effective?
- Are GMO products good?
- Is social media dangerous?
- What’s wrong with the education system?
- Does recycling work?
- Is veganism bad for the environment?
- Should foreign policy be feminist?
- Is marriage an obsolete institution?
- Can protests and demonstrations bring change?
- Can alternative medicine actually work?
- Is modern advertising unethical?
🔑 Essential College Persuasive Essay Topics
We bet, every college student at least once had an assignment to write a persuasive essay. Haven’t you had yet? The best is yet to come! Thus, you have to be prepared to face all the challenges of a persuasive essay composing.
Searching for interesting persuasive essay topics is a complicated issue. However, you don’t have to worry about it. Our team of experts gathered the most popular and effective ideas in one place.
Don’t stress out about the topic:
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics for college students. We divided our ideas into sections so that you can find the most appropriate one. So, you can easily navigate throughout our page for a more effective search.
🎓 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Education
- An educational system should encourage creativity .
- Student diversity should be present in a school classroom .
- Why should college students care about their mental and physical health?
- Why should we stop girls’ discrimination in the modern educational system?
- Why should computer science programs be taught in colleges and universities?
- Why should parents take part in their children’s education?
- Why reading performance of students with learning disabilities should be improved?
- Studying abroad results in better education.
- Homework does not help in the learning process.
- The costs of higher education should be reduced.
- A grade does not show a student’s knowledge.
- The Internet overuse blocks the mental development of a modern teenager.
- Education should not depend on technologies.
- Essay writing develops the critical thinking skills of students.
- Foreign language learning should be mandatory in school . Conduct research on how foreign languages influence children and teenagers. What are the positive sides of such education? Then, persuade your readers that foreign languages are essential in the school core curriculum.
- Art classes should be a priority in middle school . Elaborate on the importance of the development of the sense of art for children and teenagers. Why should art classes be higher in the list of priorities than technical or science courses? How can the right perception of art help pupils in future life?
- The core curriculum of the high school should not be too broad. Why do we have to narrow down our focus in high school? Explain how teenagers will benefit from studying particular subjects instead of getting general knowledge. Convince your readers about the importance of focusing on a specific field in high school.
- A gap year before entering the university is beneficial. Give persuading evidence why students should take a gap year. What are the advantages? Make your readers debate whether a gap year is worth considering. Finally, convince them that it is worth it.
- Mobile phones should not be allowed in school. State your position regarding the usage of smartphones during the learning process. What adverse ramifications do the mobile phones have on the academic results of pupils? Persuade your readers to prohibit phone usage in school.
- Traditional education is more effective than remote learning . How the benefits of the conventional way of learning outweigh the advantages of remote education? Compare the aspects of remote learning for different age groups: 1st grade age, 6th grade age, and a college student.
📜 College Persuasive Essay Topics on History
- The American Revolution was a turning point in USA history.
- The year 1763 is crucial in US history.
- The media played a crucial role in promoting the Vietnam War .
- We shouldn’t underestimate the significance of African-American social reform.
- Technological advancement of the 17th century was a new era in world history.
- Without Enlightenment and Romantic Age , the European culture wouldn’t be so progressive nowadays.
- People should’ve stopped the propaganda of Adolf Hitler and Jim Jones before the intensive development.
- The historical influence of Abraham Lincoln should become a role model for modern political figures.
- Americans should have abolished slavery in the United States way earlier.
- The four voyages by Christopher Columbus are crucial in the progress of world history.
- Cultural exchanges in the medieval period significantly impacted the civilizations.
- Protestant reformation was the most influential Christian movement.
- Japanese women in the Middle Ages should have been more powerful.
- The world war should never happen again.
- The age of exploration . Who are the key figures? How did they impact world history formation? Convince your readers of the importance of the age of exploration.
- The Mayan calendar system did not predict the end of the world . Investigate the Mayan calendar system. What is your explanation of the fact that the calendar system ended in the year 2012? Persuade your readers that the suggestions about the end of the world in 2012 are false.
- Racial discrimination in America violated human rights to a great extend . Give a brief overview of racial discrimination in the USA. Persuade the readers to perceive racial discrimination as an act of human rights violation.
- Apollo 11 – the first spaceflight that landed people on the Moon . Discuss the importance of this event. Convince your readers about the significance of the Moon exploration.
- History studying should become the top priority for students. The knowledge of history may help to prevent mistakes from the past. So, persuade your readers to explore historical events.
- Holocaust should not be justified and denied . What are the horrible consequences of holocaust tragedy? Analyze an opinion regarding the denial of the holocaust. Persuade the readers not to support this idea.
⚖ College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Politics
- Civil rights of black Americans should not be limited.
- Migration should not be restricted because it has certain benefits to modern countries .
- In the battle of socialism vs. democracy , the second one should win.
- Nationalism in international relations should be accepted.
- E-government should become transparent and accountable for the citizens .
- Celebrities should stay aside from political activities.
- The laws for each state of America should become common.
- A voting system should be transparent.
- Ordinary people should not be allowed to own guns.
- The federal tax return process should become more manageable.
- Individual rights versus the common good . Express your position regarding the issue. What do you support: individual rights or common good? Persuade the readers to follow your ideas.
- Gay marriage should be allowed . If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments. Exclude harsh comments and offensive language from the narrative.
- The death penalty cannot be justified . Why do you think so? Give clear arguments to support your opinion. If you believe that the death penalty is justifiable, prove your position.
- Electronic voting in the United States should not be banned . Present the positive sides of this way of voting and convince the readers in your rightness. Don’t you agree with this opinion? Then, provide counterarguments.
- Abortion should be legal . Provide clear arguments to express your position. Or provide counterarguments to contradict the idea of abortion legalization.
👍 College Persuasive Essay Topics on Sociology
- Community services should be provided for mentally disabled people .
- Equality and diversity are the main social issues .
- Interpersonal communication skills are crucial in modern society.
- Gender inequalities in the 21st century should be overcome .
- Should the Canadian government legalize prostitution?
- Max Weber’s rationality theory should be accepted by society .
- China should take specific steps to overcome the overpopulation problem .
- Gender stereotypes in a family should be dismantled.
- Abusive relationships in a family should not be hidden.
- Implementing more tough punishments on the lawbreakers should reduce the crime rates of the USA.
- Does family promote or limit mobility? Choose one side of the issue and provide clear arguments to support your ideas.
- Divorce has negative effects on children . Do you agree with this statement? Convince the readers to accept your point of view by stating your position clearly and powerfully.
- Birth control should be monitored on a governmental level. Express your opinion regarding birth control in modern society. Conduct a study on the cultural, religious, and political aspects of the birth control issue.
- Is there the right age to get married? Decide if there are any age suggestions to create a family or no? Support your choice with bright ideas and appropriate examples.
- To resolve the conflict, we need to know the nature of the conflict . Do you agree or disagree with this idea? Provide strong arguments to make people believe in your point of view. How do you think psychology works while resolving the conflict?
💰 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Economics
- Competing theories are the core of economic development.
- We have to consider John Locke’s and Karl Marx’s economic ideas nowadays.
- Demand and supply correlation in the market matters a lot.
- Adam Smith’s “invisible hand” concept can improve modern economics .
- If we want to stabilize the economy, we have to implement the monetary policy .
- Should big banks be broken up?
- We should consider the relationship between money supply and inflation while preventing the high level of inflation.
- We shouldn’t take the Keynesian explanation of the recession too seriously.
- Industrialization plays a significant role in economic development.
- Small business owners should receive financial support during the period of crisis.
- The governments should reduce monopoly power.
- The role of understanding the goals of human resource management in the context of human capital theory . Explain the significance of effective HR management for a business flourishing. Persuade your readers to invest enough resources in human capital.
- Exchange regimes have a significant impact on macroeconomic performance . Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Provide well-developed arguments to prove your point of view. Persuade your readers to accept your position.
- Consumer behavior is different in every country. If you agree, develop this idea by providing strong arguments. If you don’t, state your position. Either way, support your arguments with supporting evidence. Make your readers follow your opinion.
- The understanding of the basic concepts of economics is essential for every person . Explain how the knowledge of economics can help people to manage their money wisely. How to survive during the crisis? How to lead a business successfully, etc. Persuade your readers to study the basics of economics.
💡 Interesting College Persuasive Essay Topics
Are you already impressed with a diversity of topics our team collected for you? But don’t think that’s all we have to offer for you. Since our mission is to help you, we have more persuasive essay ideas for college to share.
Below, you can find more fascinating ideas for your assignments. For your convenience, we divided persuasive essay topics for college into several sections. Investigate our ideas and don’t hesitate to use them.
🚌 Transportation Persuasive Essay Topics
- Planes should newer take off if weather conditions are inappropriate .
- Never drive a car if you are under the alcohol or drug effect .
- Hybrid cars are environmentally friendly, so they should become the future of the transportation industry .
- Why should people study driving?
- The usage of alternative energy resources should reshape the global transportation infrastructure .
- The governments should invest enough money in public transport advancement .
- Cars usage should be regulated .
- A school bus should be checked at least once a month to ensure the safety of pupils.
- The reserves of petroleum should be replenished to provide a proper transportation industry operation.
- The shipping of essential goods during the state of emergency (quarantine, dangerous natural conditions, etc.) should be free.
- We should use public transport instead of private cars to save the environment.
- Hybrid engine vs. standard engine . Examine the positive and negative aspects of both of them. Which one would you prefer? Persuade your readers to support your opinion by giving clear arguments.
- Information technology influences the logistics industry to a great extent . Provide appropriate examples of the IT impact on logistics. Convince your readers of the importance of your opinion.
- The role of transportation in the development of tourism . Prove your audience that transportation progress has a direct impact on tourism opportunities.
- We have to reduce the use of crude oil in the transportation industry . What are the possible adverse ramifications of such oil usage? Persuade your readers to limit applying this type of fuel. If you don’t agree with the idea, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments.
🌿 Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
- The government should control the overpopulation to prevent consequences for the environment .
- Human activity should be limited to preserve biodiversity .
- We have to examine an ecologically sustainable approach .
- Alternative energy sources are essential for saving the planet .
- We should try our best to live a zero-waste lifestyle .
- Saving endangered species must be a top priority issue for environmental organizations.
- Solar energy can save the environment.
- Hunting sports should be banned because they harm biodiversity.
- The conservation of global resources is necessary for maintaining the lifecycle of the planet.
- Waste sorting should be mandatory all around the world.
- Stopping deforestation will prevent the loss of natural habitat for animals.
- Tourism negatively affects wildlife. Comment no the negative consequences of traveling on nature. If you believe that tourism does not harm wildlife, provide counterarguments to claim your position.
- Farming has to be wise. Explain how intensive farming damages nature. Convince your readers about the importance of following the farming rules. They can help to prevent intensive farming’s adverse ramifications.
- The Prime Days on Amazon should be banned . Explain how the incredibly low prices on items during the Prime Days result in extremely high costs for the environment. Persuade your readers to resist the desire to buy unnecessary goods from Amazon.
- Without rainforests, our planet will suffocate . Prove the significance of the preservation of the rainforests for the environment.
⚙ Technology Persuasive Essay Ideas
- Globalization influences computer technologies to a great extent .
- The government should implement Internet censorship .
- Cloud computing is an innovative era in computer science .
- Cyberbullying should be controlled to prevent a negative influence on youth .
- Dependency on computers is a considerable threat to human well-being .
- Data and information security should be a top concern of every internet user .
- Investing money in developing information technology systems is profitable for companies.
- The internet blocks the development of human intelligence.
- To prevent the development of serious illnesses, we should use genetic technology.
- Technological advancement should focus on the improvement of the health sector.
- We have to use technology wisely to make people smarter.
- A scientific revolution started the technological advancement. Convince your readers about the importance of the scientific revolution in technological development. If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion, providing counterarguments.
- E-books or audiobooks will never replace paper books. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? State your position clearly and make your readers accept it.
- Nowadays, society is too dependent on computer technologies . Comment on its negative and positive sides in the life of modern people. Persuade the readers not to overuse technology in everyday life.
- Technology and science complement each other. Provide clear arguments to prove this idea or counterarguments to disprove it.
😃 Easy College Persuasive Topics
Do you think that persuasive essays have to cover only serious or global issues? Do you feel as if you have to be overwhelmed with the complexity of the subject? You are mistaken. A paper won’t become less successful if it explores even everyday life topics.
We prepared the next section of the article for you. Here you can find simple persuasive essay ideas for college students. Select a fascinating topic and compose an outstanding essay.
🎶 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Music
- Music has a significant impact on culture .
- Music preferences depend on personality type .
- Music can influence our behavior .
- Songs with lyrics that promote violent behavior should be banned.
- A musician is not just a job; it is a vocation.
- Medical workers should investigate the positive effect of music on mental illnesses’ treatment.
- Music can be helpful in the learning process.
- Good song lyrics can inspire people . Provide a sample of inspiring verses. How can it motivate listeners? Persuade the readers to pay attention to the song lyrics while listening to music.
- A guitar is always a good idea for friendly gatherings . Prove to your readers that several songs played on a guitar can create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
- Rap reflects violence. This is a generally accepted opinion. Do you agree or disagree with it? Prove your point of view by providing well-developed arguments.
🌍 Persuasive Topics for College on Traveling
- While traveling, health and safety issues should be a top priority .
- Tourism should be sustainable .
- A trip to India will make you see the world from the other side.
- Summer will become more memorable and fascinating if you travel.
- Traveling broadens people’s minds.
- Traveling with family or friends is an essential part of a happy life.
- Spending a holiday on a trip is always more pleasurable than in front of a TV or computer.
- Every person should visit Europe at least once in life. Explain why Europe is a must-see destination for every tourist.
- People should travel as much as they want. Persuade people not to resist the desire to explore new places by listing the advantages of traveling.
- Traveling is affordable for everyone. Persuade people to visit various countries, even with a limited budget.
✌ Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Lifestyle
- Parents should be responsible for their children’s obesity .
- Proper nutrition and positive behavior prevent cancer .
- A healthy lifestyle prevents aging .
- Weight management programs and hypnotherapy are useful in maintaining good shape and a healthy organism .
- An active way of life should replace a sedentary lifestyle to prevent heart diseases.
- You should plan your weight loss process wisely.
- Well-balanced nutrition is a way to a healthy and beautiful body.
- Regular yoga and fitness will help you to maintain mental and physical wellness.
- Regular physical activities and enough sleep can help students to study better.
- Media influences the development of eating disorders . Explain the mechanisms media’s effect on eating disorders. Persuade your readers to pay enough attention to the information on social media.
📺 Persuasive Topics for College about Media
- The role of mass media in modern society shouldn’t be underestimated .
- Media affects the way people look at society .
- TV shows have a negative influence on children .
- Parents should control the effects of mass media advertising on teenagers .
- Professional psychologists should review every cartoon before being released on television.
- The information on the internet should be filtered to avoid the spreading of fake news.
- Censorship is a must-have for modern television.
- Old cartoons are more insightful than modern ones. Compare and contrast old and new animated films. Prove the usefulness of old ones. Convince the audience to make their children familiar with old cartoons.
- Social media develops an inferiority complex among teenagers . How pictures of luxurious life in social networking sites influence adolescents’ self-esteem? Persuade the readers to filter the information seen in social media.
- Mass media in the 1950s was more ethical than contemporary mass media. Analyze the ethical issues that are present in modern media. Why is following the ethical rules while sharing the information through the mass media vital?
🏫 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College on Teens
- Both abstinence and sex education should be taught in high schools .
- Professional psychologists or psychiatrists should treat anxiety disorders in children and adolescents .
- Cheating in schools should be strictly punished.
- Understanding teen depression is a crucial step in overcoming it.
- The federal government should enact anti-bullying laws .
- Bullying in school should be the main issue to deal with for the headteacher.
- The teenage period requires constant monitoring of children’s behavior by parents and teachers.
- Parents should have access to teenagers’ academic results.
- The mental health of teens is precarious. Convince the readers to monitor and maintain adolescents’ mental health.
- Parents should control social media usage by teenagers. Why should parents monitor the social networking accounts of their children? Explain why it is useful to teach teens how to behave on social media.
📚 Persuasive Topics for College on Literature
- Literature studying should be mandatory in schools.
- Literature teaches us how to live a worthy life.
- Robin Hood should become an example to follow.
- You have to read some books several times throughout life to get the idea.
- Lyric poetry may help in dealing with inner conflicts.
- William Shakespeare is an outstanding figure of English literature that should always be appreciated.
- Every person should have one book that will always remain their favorite one.
- The theme of Romeo and Juliet will always remain relatable. Support this idea by providing compelling arguments and examples from the play. If you don’t agree with the statement, present clear counterarguments to prove your point of view.
- The parents should read fairy tales to their children from early childhood. Persuade your audience to make their kids familiar with the fairy tales. Explain the importance of positive aspects of this genre of literature.
- Dorian Gray and Oscar Wilde are connected. Describe Oscar Wilde’s background. Analyze how the author reflected his personality in the character of Dorian Gray. Convince your readers to accept your point of view. Propose examples from the book and the author’s biography.
🖐 25 More Topics to Persuade College Students
Here you can find a pleasant bonus from our team—25 more ideas to write about. You can use them not only for essays but also as persuasive speech topics for college.
So, take the benefit of our list of topics. Show an outstanding academic performance in the college.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Family
- A happy relationship should be based on trust and honesty.
- In small and big families, parents should treat their children equally.
- After giving birth, motherhood should become the primary concern of a woman’s life.
- Parents should be the most significant support for their kids when they are sad, confused, or lost in life.
- Children should take their retired parents to their home instead of the nursing home.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Health
- Physical activity is an effective way to prevent heart diseases.
- People should quit smoking .
- Mental health is not less important than physical health.
- Well-balanced nutrition is key to a healthy body.
- Taking care of general wellness should be everyone’s primary concern.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Medicine
- Strong pain killers should be sold by prescription only.
- Drug prices should be set ethically .
- Herbal medications are the safest.
- Self-medication is extremely dangerous, even in the case of a simple cold or an allergy.
- Differentiating various forms of medicines is essential . What is the working principle of a capsule, pill, syrup, etc.? Prove that the inappropriate application will not have an appropriate effect.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Sports
- Visiting a gym is extremely useful for our health .
- Physical education should be mandatory in high school.
- Extreme sports are only for professional athletes.
- The governments should invest enough money in the development of sports schools.
- Football is not only for boys. Women can create a successful football team, as well.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Religion
- Discrimination by religion or culture should not be acceptable in modern society.
- Every person should have a right to choose a god or goddess to worship.
- The representatives of different religions should be tolerant of each other.
- The attitude towards wealth in Christianity differs from the perception of wealth in Islam.
- Any other religious representatives should not criticize the central beliefs of Judaism .
Thank you for visiting our page! We hope the information was useful to you. Don’t forget to leave your comments and share the article with other students.
- Persuasive Essays, Writing Resources, Hamilton College
- Persuasive Essay Outline: HCC Learning Web, Houston Community College
- Choosing a Topic for Your College Essay: Essay Writing Center, International Student
- Choosing College Essay Topics: Accepted
- 35 College Essay Prompts and Topics: Kayla Rutledge, SignUpGenius
- How to Write a College Essay: Kelly Mae Ross, Devon Haynie, and Josh Moody for U.S. News
- How To Answer the 2022-23 Common App Essay Prompts: College Essay Advisors
- Writing a Political Science Essay: Charles King, Georgetown University
- Writing a Paper about an Environmental Issue: Frederic Beaudry, ThoughtCo
- Evidence: The Writing Center, the University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill
- Introducing Quotations and Paraphrases: UNSW Current Students
- How Do I Write an Intro, Conclusion, & Body Paragraph: College of Literature, Science, and Arts, University of Michigan
- Essay Writing Guide for Psychology Students: Saul McLeod, Simply Psychology
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay: Writing Guides, Ultius
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via email
You might also like
Top 257 Good Persuasive Essay Topics [Tips & Prompts]
150 Strong History Dissertation Topics to Write about
110 Original History Essay Questions: Examples and Topics
Summer Deal! Top-rated Essay Writers Online! Get 50% OFF On Your First Essay Order!
Your 50% Off + Real Help Await!
Skip the Bots, Talk to Us
Have us text you Estimated wait time: about 2 minutes
Have us call you Estimated wait time: about 5 minutes
Chat with support Estimated wait time: about 3 minutes
Email us The current response time is 6 hours
Have us text you
Estimated wait time: about 2 minutes
We will contact you shortly!
Have us call you
Estimated wait time: about 5 minutes
The current response time is 6 hours
Please reach out to us at:
Persuasive Essay Writing
Persuasive Essay Topics
Easy and Unique Persuasive Essay Topics with Tips
15 min read
Published on: Jan 4, 2023
Last updated on: Sep 8, 2023
People also read
How to Write a Persuasive Essay: A Step-by-Step Guide
The Basics of Crafting an Outstanding Persuasive Essay Outline
Ace Your Next Essay With These Persuasive Essay Examples!
Persuasive Essay About Gun Control - Best Examples for Students
Top Examples of Persuasive Essay about Covid-19
Learn How To Write An Impressive Persuasive Essay About Business
Learn How to Craft a Compelling Persuasive Essay About Abortion With Examples!
Make Your Point: Tips and Examples for Writing a Persuasive Essay About Online Education
Learn How To Craft a Powerful Persuasive Essay About Bullying
Craft an Engaging Persuasive Essay About Smoking: Examples & Tips
Learn How to Write a Persuasive Essay About Social Media With Top Examples
Craft an Effective Argument: Examples of Persuasive Essay About Death Penalty
Share this article
You're staring at a blank screen, trying to come up with a topic for your persuasive essay. You know you need to pick something interesting, but you're unsure where to start.
It's hard to get motivated when it feels like everything has already been said on the topic you're considering. You are wondering how can you make your essay stand out.
The good news is that CollegeEssay.org is here to help.
We have compiled a list of potential persuasive essay topics to get your creative juices flowing. Whether you are looking for something controversial, humorous, or informative – we have it all.
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics below to get started.
On This Page On This Page -->
Unique Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Writing a persuasive essay can be quite an interesting task for students. It allows them to showcase their research and analytic skills and present their thoughts orderly.
Choosing the right topic is key to making the writing process more enjoyable.
Here are some great ideas that you can use for your essay:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Should students be required to wear uniforms in school?
- What are the benefits of a longer school day?
- How can technology help improve student engagement and learning?
- Is it important for all schools to have equal access to resources?
- Should physical education be mandatory in all schools?
- How can schools better prepare students for entering the job market?
- Should a studentâs grade be based solely on test performance?
- Is it important to limit screen time, or should there not be restrictions?
- Should recess time be increased or decreased in school?
- Is it beneficial for students to take part in after-school activities?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Should school lunch prices be lowered to make it more accessible for all students?
- Is there an argument for allowing cell phone usage in the classroom?
- Should schools offer a wider variety of electives?
- Is there a persuasive case for requiring physical education classes in elementary and middle schools?
- Should students be allowed to opt-out of standardized testing?
- Is the current homework load for elementary and middle school students too much?
- Should school provide free breakfast and lunch to all students, regardless of financial status?
- Should sixth-grade classes have more field trips and outdoor activities?
- Should students have access to more technology in the classroom?
- Is there an argument for making recess mandatory for all grade levels?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Should schools have a dress code?
- Should students be required to do community service projects to graduate?
- Is it necessary for all student-athletes to take mandatory drug tests?
- Are the current laws on gun control sufficient enough?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- Should teenage drivers be allowed to have passengers in their cars?
- Is standardized testing an effective measure of student success?
- Should homework be abolished in schools?
- Should young children be allowed to use mobile phones or tablets at school?
- Are video games too violent for young children?
Tough Essay Due? Hire a Writer!
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Should physical education classes be mandatory in high school?
- Is a strict dress code necessary for student success?
- Are standardized tests an effective measure of student achievement?
- Does social media have a positive or negative impact on teenagers?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should cell phones be prohibited in the classroom?
- Should schools offer fast food options like McDonald's or Taco Bell?
- Is competitive sports necessary for a well-rounded education?
- Are after-school activities essential to a studentâs development?
- Should students be allowed to choose their classes?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Should universities require all students to take at least one course in diversity studies?
- Should universities implement free speech zones on campuses?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Is it ethical for employers to ask about an applicantâs criminal history during the hiring process?
- Should college students be required to take a foreign language course?
- Should the US government provide free tuition for all qualifying students?
- Is it ethical to use animals in scientific research?
- Are standardized tests an adequate measure of academic aptitude and ability?
- Should paper textbooks be replaced with e-books?
- Should all students be required to learn coding and computer science in school?
Persuasive Essay Topics for University
- Should universities offer free tuition to all students?
- Are special scholarships beneficial for university students?
- Should college athletes be paid for their services?
- Is it important for universities to provide mental health resources to their students?
- How can universities help prevent cheating and plagiarism among students?
- Should universities be required to provide online courses?
- Are university degree requirements outdated and irrelevant?
- Is it necessary for university students to take physical education classes?
- Does the presence of social media in academia positively or negatively impact learning?
- Should universities prioritize research over teaching?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics from Different Fields
When choosing essay topics, there is no shortage of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields available.
Here are some examples of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields:
Arts & Culture
- Should museums be more inclusive of diverse cultures?
- Should the government fund public art programs?
- Are comic books an important form of literature?
- Does graffiti have any value as an art form?
- Is the traditional concept of beauty outdated in todayâs society?
- Is it important for the public to have access to art galleries and museums?
- Do modern movies have any real artistic value?
- Are video games a form of art?
- Should government funding be given to the performing arts?
- Does the music industry put too much emphasis on image rather than talent?
- Should governments guarantee a minimum wage?
- Should the government subsidize green energy projects?
- Is it necessary to introduce higher taxes on wealthy people?
- Are free trade agreements beneficial or detrimental to developing countries?
- Can economic growth be sustained without harming the environment?
- Is immigration beneficial or detrimental to a countryâs economic growth?
- Should governments limit the size of banks and financial institutions?
- Is it necessary for countries to regulate their currency markets?
- Should governments invest in renewable energy sources instead of fossil fuels?
- Should high officials pay more taxes?
- Should students be required to complete a certain number of community service hours to graduate?
- Should school uniforms be mandatory for all public schools?
- Are textbooks becoming obsolete due to technological advances?
- Should the education system focus more on practical subjects such as coding and programming?
- Is the current grading system in public schools fair and effective?
- Is homeschooling a viable alternative to traditional schooling?
- Should standardized testing be abolished from the education system?
- Should teachers receive bonuses for good performance in the classroom?
- Are students more likely to succeed if they attend a private school or university?
- Should all students have access to free college tuition?
- Is using animals in medical research ethical?
- Should parents be allowed to choose their childâs gender?
- Should companies be held responsible for the pollution they create?
- Are businesses obligated to act ethically when conducting business abroad?
- Is it ethical to censor content on the internet?
- Should the government enforce stricter regulations on genetically modified food?
- Is it ethical to use artificial intelligence in decision-making processes?
- Should corporations be allowed to have their own private security forces?
- Are restrictions on freedom of speech necessary for public safety?
- Do companies have an ethical responsibility to pay fair wages?
Government and Politics
- Should the government regulate social media?
- Should term limits be placed on members of Congress?
- Are taxes too high in the United States?
- Should voting be mandatory for all citizens?
- Is the Electoral College still relevant today?
- Does the death penalty serve as a deterrent to crime?
- Should the US switch to a single-payer health care system?
- Should there be limits on campaign spending?
- Should the United States adopt a flat tax system?
- Is it time to repeal the Second Amendment?
- Is legalizing marijuana an ethical practice?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their child?
- Is it ethical to test medicines on animals?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of genetic engineering?
- Are there any health risks associated with using digital screens too often?
- Should physical education be mandatory in every school?
- Is the healthcare system in your country adequate for your needs?
- Are there any benefits to eating organic food?
- How does mental health affect physical health?
- Should vaccinations be mandatory for all children?
- Was the Spanish Inquisition justified?
- Were the American Colonists justified in rebelling against Great Britain?
- Did Christopher Columbusâ discoveries benefit or harm indigenous populations?
- What effect did Genghis Khan have on world history?
- Did World War I significantly change the course of history?
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Did Napoleon Bonaparteâs rule bring about positive or negative changes for France and Europe?
- Should the United States annexed the Philippines in 1898?
- How did the Great Depression shape world history?
- Is there any validity to the theory of a âclash of civilizationsâ?
- Should artificial intelligence be regulated?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Is the internet making us less social?
- Should research into cloning be banned?
- Are there moral issues related to genetic engineering?
- Should governments fund space exploration programs?
- Are smart home devices making us more vulnerable to cyberattacks?
- Should the government regulate social media use?
- Are robots taking away jobs from humans?
- Should nuclear energy be used as an alternative to fossil fuels?
- Should professional athletes be drug tested?
- Is there a gender gap in sports?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performances?
- Does skill or luck decide the outcome of sports competitions?
- Are sporting events becoming too commercialized?
- Is it necessary to increase public funding for sporting events?
- Is the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports cheating or fair?
- Should college students be able to choose their own sports teams?
- Do professional sports hurt young people?
- Should parents allow children to play violent video games?
- Should schools replace textbooks with tablets?
- Are algorithms replacing human decision-making in the workplace?
- Is it time to regulate the use of facial recognition technology?
- Can artificial intelligence and robots be used to improve healthcare outcomes?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Should Internet access be a basic human right?
- Should social media platforms do more to protect user privacy?
- Is blockchain technology the future of banking and finance?
- Are virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa invading privacy?
- Can we trust that autonomous weapons system will make ethical decisions in war?
Here are a few social media persuasive essay topics. Take a look at them.
- Is social media a positive or negative influence on society?
- Should employers be able to access an employee's social media accounts?
- Should people be allowed to post anonymously online?
- How can parents protect their children from the risks of using social media?
- Does the spread of fake news on social media hurt society?
- Should governments regulate online speech on social media?
- Should employers be allowed to conduct background checks using social media?
- Is the personal data of individuals safe from exploitation by corporate interests on social media platforms?
- Are people spending too much time on their digital devices?
- Is the use of social media by young people making them more isolated?
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the death penalty be reinstated in all states?
- Should gun control laws be stricter?
- Is global warming a real threat?
- Are vaccinations safe for children?
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- Should marijuana be made legal?
- Does school uniform violate personal freedom?
- Should genetically modified foods be allowed in the market?
- Should sex education in school be mandatory?
- Should animal testing be banned?
Fun Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should cats be allowed to go to school?
- Should people have a minimum number of friends before they can graduate?
- Is it okay to laugh at your own jokes?
- Should parents be required to take parenting classes?
- Are video games the best way to spend free time?
- Should kids be allowed to wear pajamas in public places?
- Should students have to pass a test before they can drive a car?
- Are cell phones essential for teenagers or should they be limited?
- Should everyone learn how to cook their meals?
- Would it be better if all schools had the same uniform?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Should the internet have censorship?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption?
- Is social media good or bad for society?
- Should the drinking age be lowered or raised?
- Should school attendance be mandatory for students?
- Are video games too violent and negatively influencing children?
- Should religious education be banned from public schools?
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Choosing a writing topic for your persuasive essay writing is essential.
The right topic will let you draft an exceptional and well-written essay. Selecting a persuasive essay topic might sound easy, but it can be challenging.
You cannot randomly start writing a persuasive essay about any topic and expect your essay to be brilliant.
To select the best topic for your essay, take these essential steps:
1. Know your Interests - You can only draft an effective essay if you are writing about something that interests you. When you write something you are passionate about, the enthusiasm helps to persuade the readers.
2. Narrow Down Ideas - Make a rough list of the topic of your interest. Then, analyze all the issues and identify topics you think you can present well.
3. Pick your Stance - Now that you know the information is sufficient on a topic, decide your stance. Pick a side to support with evidence and logic.
4. Controversy is the Best Policy - People love to read about controversial stuff. It is more likely that the readers will go through the entire essay to ease their curiosity.
After passing your ideas through these filters, you will have a strong and arguable topic to draft an essay on.
Tips for Writing a Compelling Persuasive Essay
Whether you are in school, college, or university, crafting an effective persuasive essay can be difficult.
Fortunately, with a few tips and tricks, you can create a compelling, persuasive essay that will make your readers take notice.
Here are six tips to help you write a compelling, persuasive essay:
1. Choose Your Topic Carefully
You need to select a relevant and interesting topic for your audience. Make sure you feel passionate about it and can present it logically and convincingly.
2. Do Extensive Research
Before beginning your essay, research your topic as much as possible. So you can present both sides of the argument in an informed, balanced way.
3. Identify Your Audience
Before writing your persuasive essay, consider who will be reading it and their interests.
This will help you write in a language that resonates with them and ensure that your arguments suit their understanding.
4. Use Logical Arguments
It is important to provide logical and compelling arguments to be persuasive. Make sure you use facts, statistics, and other evidence to make your points more convincing.
5. Structure Your Essay Well
An effective persuasive essay should be well-organized. Divide it into an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Pay attention to the structure of your essay, as it can help you make your points more effectively.
Learn how to make a perfect persuasive essay outline with the help of our blog.
6. Make It Engaging
An engaging, persuasive essay will capture your audienceâs attention from beginning to end.
Use various techniques to make your essay interesting and engaging, such as using examples, analogies, and persuasive language.
We hope you are inspired by our comprehensive list of topics. Pick up a topic that entices you and start working on it. By following these amazing tips and tricks, you can surely compose an essay that will wow your professor.
Still not sure how to draft a perfect essay? Well, leave it to us. Our essay writing service helps you craft your argument in the most effective way possible to get the desired results.
Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with the process! Trust our professional persuasive essay writer.
Let CollegeEssay.orgâs persuasive essay writing service guide you on your journey and take your writing to the next level.
Take the stress out of writing persuasive essays and get the results you need with our expert essay writer AI .
Frequently Asked Questions
How can i choose a good persuasive essay topic.
When selecting a persuasive essay topic, consider an issue that is interesting to you and has two or more opposing viewpoints. Research various resources about the topic to gain a better perspective
What strategies can I use for writing a persuasive essay?
When writing a persuasive essay, establish facts from reliable sources to support your argument. Be concise but thorough, and use persuasive language to strengthen your argument.
How can I make my persuasive essay stand out?
To make your persuasive essay stand out, use vivid language and strong, specific evidence to support each point. Make sure all sources are current and relevant to the argument being made. With these elements, your persuasive essay will stand out from the rest!
Cathy A. (Literature, Marketing)
For more than five years now, Cathy has been one of our most hardworking authors on the platform. With a Masters degree in mass communication, she knows the ins and outs of professional writing. Clients often leave her glowing reviews for being an amazing writer who takes her work very seriously.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That’s our Job!
Join our mailing list for discount & offers
- Cookies Policy
- Refunds & Cancellations
- Our Guarantees
- Affiliate Program
- Referral Program
- AI Essay Writer
Disclaimer: Our website content is sometimes created using AI but is reviewed and verified by our experienced team of editors. All client orders are completed by our team of highly qualified human writers. The essays and papers provided by us are not to be used for submission but rather as learning models only.
Email Address Already Exists!
Please Enter Valid Email!
- Essay Guides
- Essay Topics
Persuasive Essay Topics: 300+ Ideas for Your Writing
- Speech Topics
- Basics of Essay Writing
- Other Essays
- Main Academic Essays
- Research Paper Topics
- Basics of Research Paper Writing
- Chicago/ Turabian
- Data & Statistics
- Admission Writing Tips
- Admission Advice
- Other Guides
- Student Life
- Studying Tips
- Understanding Plagiarism
- Academic Writing Tips
- Basics of Dissertation & Thesis Writing
- Research Paper Guides
- Formatting Guides
- Basics of Research Process
- Admission Guides
- Dissertation & Thesis Guides
Table of contents
Use our free Readability checker
Have you read an article online about the alarming threats of climate change? Or, maybe, one that claimed 5G wireless frequencies have caused the COVID-19 pandemic? They were pretty convincing, right? This is because authors making such articles use several special techniques to persuade you to believe in their sometimes ridiculous ideas. This is a core element of persuasive writing topics. Many writers use very good persuasive essay topics to convince you of their assertions on a given issue. In this guide, you will explore 300+ persuasive essay ideas on different subjects and themes, which can greatly help you in academic work. In case you lack motivation, best recruit a persuasive essay writing service and wrap the task up quickly.
What Are Persuasive Essay Topics?
Persuasive essay topics are designed to convince the reader to agree with your point of view. More often, they are opinionated rather than descriptive. Since persuasive ideas are argumentative in nature, they challenge readers to think about the issue critically. However, topics for persuasive essays lean more towards the writer’s position instead of discussing both sides, like in argumentative essay topics . People write a persuasive essay for varied reasons, such as creating an advertisement and convincing customers to buy a product or generally change someone’s opinion on a given subject. On most occasions, persuasive paper topics revolve around issues in culture, politics, and religion. Regardless of their purpose, you should use a convincing language amd examples to sway readers. In this context, persuasive topics are somewhat identical to exemplification essay ideas where you also provide evidence to get your point across.
Characteristics of Good Persuasive Essay Topics
You can come up with many good topics for persuasive essays, but that does not mean that you should necessarily write about them. Specific persuasive essay prompts are easier to develop into strong and convincing papers. Then, what constitutes great titles for essays ? Below are characteristics of good persuasive essay topics you should consider:
- Relevant to current trends.
- Timely and contain updated information.
- Clear and concise. They enable readers to understand and grasp what is being discussed.
- Appeal to the audience by generating interest and emotions.
- Provide evidence that supports your argument.
- Focused and specific instead of broad or shallow.
- Debatable, allowing writers and readers to formulate arguments and counterarguments, and make a strong case.
How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic?
You have been asked to choose a topic. So, how do you approach the assignment? Of course, you can think of many persuasive topics to write about, but you must be careful about what you select. In fact, settling on a particular subject can be tough given the high academic expectations. These 6 tips will help you choose an appropriate persuasive essay topic:
- Identify your area of interest When selecting a topic for a persuasive paper, make sure you are passionate about it. This way, it will be much easier to generate ideas.
- Think about your audience Consider the readers and what they find interesting. Your choice should be relevant to them.
- Reflect on the purpose Define the reasons for writing the essay and what you want to accomplish. It should align with your personal goals.
- Conduct research Sharing an opinion on an issue does not mean it is informed. You still need to find more information from credible sources that will help build your arguments.
- Go for controversy Settle on a topic that has conflicting opinions. This will engage your readers and give them something to think about.
- Avoid sensitive issues Do not write about personal or uncharacteristic topics that can provoke your readers.
List of Persuasive Essay Topics
The biggest challenge for most students is understanding where to start when picking persuasive essays topics . Is it an appropriate one? Will the lecturer accept it? We have combed through several lists of persuasive topics to provide you with 10 that are simple, relevant, and current:
- Should high schools be free for all students?
- Is the death penalty more appropriate for dangerous criminal offenders?
- Should the government implement more stringent measures on gun control?
- Is it ethical to clone animals and use them for scientific research?
- Should countries enforce mandatory COVID-19 vaccination on its citizens?
- Is it appropriate for football players to protest about social injustices in a foreign country?
- With the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war, should the U.S. administration get involved in the conflict?
- Should children be allowed to play complex video games from an early age?
- Does motorsport racing under rainy conditions make it more exciting?
- Should social media companies implement greater restrictions on what people post online?
Scroll down to find more persuasive essay ideas. If you require a helping hand, remember that you can always rely on professionals. Say ‘ write me an essay ’ and our expert writers will do the rest for you.
Best Persuasive Essay Topics
The best topics for persuasive essays are thought-provoking, current, and controversial. They can generate multiple perspectives. Here is a list of 15 best topics to write a persuasive essay on:
- Are genetically modified crops beneficial or harmful to society?
- Does social media positively or negatively impact personal privacy and security?
- Is net neutrality relevant in this modern era of interconnectivity?
- Do phone manufacturing companies that recycle plastic waste help the environment on a larger scale?
- Does early childhood development have an impact on long-term success?
- Is online shopping making the traditional business model obsolete?
- Do renewable energy sources benefit or derail a country’s economy?
- Is technology positively or negatively impacting mental health and well-being?
- Do online learning programs harness or destroy traditional universities?
- Will criminal justice reforms become a necessity to society?
- Does reducing greenhouse gas emissions significantly contribute to climate change?
- Are drones good or bad for personal and commercial use?
- Is social media use positively or negatively impacting politics and democracy?
- Do privacy laws promote personal freedom or restrict it?
- Will legalizing marijuana bring more good than harm to society?
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
Good topics for a persuasive essay elicit emotional response and lead to a strong argument. There are so many to choose from, but you can check out these 15 good topics to write a persuasive essay on and pick one that interests you:
- Should each country increase its minimum wage?
- Can gun ownership and sale be regulated?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Should learning institutions ban the use of smartphones by students within their premises?
- Is lowering the voting age to 16 an appropriate move?
- Should using genetically modified organisms (GMOs) be regulated?
- Should citizens receive free healthcare?
- Should schools ban junk food?
- Should colleges require learners to wear uniforms?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should sex education be part of the curriculum?
- Should States ban the use of plastic bags?
- Should animal testing be banned?
- Should the government regulate internet access?
- Should the legal age of drinking be increased?
Consider ordering essays online if you need professional help with persuasive writing.
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
An interesting persuasive essay prompt should grab the reader’s attention and touch on issues that bring out strong opinions and reactions. Here are 15 interesting persuasive paper topics for you. You can pick one that resonates with you.
- Artificial intelligence is proving powerful even at its infant stage. Can its use be regulated?
- Fake news and misinformation are spreading fast following increasing online activities. Should social media companies be held accountable for this?
- Can virtual reality be used for therapeutic activities?
- Should the government provide free for its unemployed citizens?
- Can college admission be based solely on merit?
- Should telemedicine become the new norm in healthcare?
- Should universities teach financial literacy as a core subject?
- Will revising school curriculums help integrate diverse perspectives in teaching and learning?
- Should plastic surgery be more regulated?
- Do modern movies portray any artistic value like their classical counterparts?
- Should the government introduce higher tax brackets for wealthy people?
- Does the death penalty deter crime?
- Will robots replace humans in workplaces?
- Should animal rights be considered on par with human rights ?
- Should self-drive vehicles be allowed on public roads?
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
An easy persuasive essay topic is straightforward and requires less research to write as it does not need one to have a deep understanding of complex issues. Readers can easily familiarize with them and formulate clear arguments. Here are 15 easy persuasive topics you can write on:
- Should students be mandated to participate in physical education in school?
- Can food trucks serve healthier meals?
- Should learning institutions offer free menstrual products to all female students?
- Can rehabilitation centers be made free for patients battling substance abuse disorders?
- Should the government provide tax reprieve for citizens using environmentally friendly vehicles?
- Is it better to give or receive?
- Should kids be allowed to go to bed past midnight?
- Is it better to have more field trips and outdoor experiences than in-class learning?
- Should zoos be banned?
- Should working pregnant women be added more maternity leave time?
- What should the government do to help homeless people?
- Should electric vehicles replace gas-powered cars?
- Is singing the national anthem before a world cup match necessary?
- Can torture be used when dealing with matters of national security?
- Should convicts be permitted to vote?
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
You may want to use humor to sway a reader’s opinion. Fun persuasive essay topics incorporate jokes, pun, and sarcasm to make a point. Here are 15 persuasive paper topics you can use in your write-up:
- Should aliens be granted citizenship on Earth?
- Can there be a law requiring people to take a nap each day?
- Should superheroes be real and work for the government?
- Can robots be allowed to compete in sports?
- Should pizza be recognized as a staple food?
- Is it realistic for schools to have similar uniforms?
- Should the government invest in a department of sarcasm?
- Can pets go to school?
- Is it acceptable to laugh at your own funny jokes ?
- Should adults be required to take parenting lessons before they become one?
- Is playing video games the best way to spend free time?
- Should all books be required to have a happy ending?
- Can emojis be taught in school as a second language?
- Should unicorns be recognized as a real species?
- Should students be required to make a minimum number of friends before graduating?
Unique Persuasive Essay Ideas
If all the above ideas do not match what you are looking for, see if these 15 unique persuasive essay topics would appeal to you. Remember to select persuasive essay prompts that you are familiar with and can find information to back your stance.
- How much should people know about a president’s personal life?
- Do animal zoos protect or exploit them?
- Can virtual reality be used as a tool for criminal rehabilitation?
- Should the government fund human enhancement technology for the disabled?
- Is it ethical to train soldiers to be excellent assassins?
- Should the use of virtual currencies be regulated by banks and other financial institutions?
- Should internet access be free to all citizens?
- Should human cloning be permitted for medical research?
- Can schools offer classes on self-defense against criminals?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their kid?
- Is it reasonable for parents to genetically alter their babies?
- Is there a good reason for countries going to war?
- Which would you prefer, being rich and alone or living a poor life but with friends?
- Is life better today than it was 60 years ago?
- Should cryogenics be considered a valid option for preserving one's life?
Need more unique ideas? Give our Essay Topic Generator a shot! It can generate various titles in seconds.
Controversial Topics for Persuasive Essays
Controversy is part of human interest that leads to endless discussions and arguments in favor of or against different viewpoints. Controversial topics for persuasive essay mostly challenge societal norms and beliefs. Such papers can elicit strong emotions from readers and, more often than not, spark heated debates. Check out these 15 controversial things to write a persuasive essay on:
- Are COVID-19 vaccinations safe for children?
- Should the Second Amendment be abolished or reformed?
- Should marriage be redefined to include same-sex couples?
- Should abortion be legalized?
- Should police officers be required to wear body cameras?
- Should schools be required to offer courses on climate change and environmental activism?
- Should the government conduct surveillance on its citizens?
- Can affordable housing projects solve homelessness in most African countries ?
- Are cryptocurrencies scam?
- Should military organizations be allowed to develop and test biological weapons of mass destruction?
- Should patients be able to access assisted suicide when terminally ill?
- Are video games getting too violent for our children?
- Should schools ban religious education?
- Is global warming threatening human existence?
- Should social media platforms be banned during election periods?
Persuasive Essay Topic Ideas for Students
Students may be required to tackle some persuasive writing prompts to show how they develop and present opinions on various issues. The instructor may provide several guidelines on how to approach the assignment, but you will most likely be free to focus on an area that appeals to you. With so much to choose from, you could be too overwhelmed to settle on good persuasive essay topics for students. If you feel stuck, take a look at our suggestions list below.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
If you are in elementary school, practicing some persuasive tactics can help you learn how to express yourself better. Coming up with topics to write about for a persuasive essay can assist students build critical thinking skills from an early age. Here are 10 elementary persuasive essay topics you may find useful:
- Should schools have dress codes?
- Should teachers give out homework to students?
- Should students bring their favorite toys to school?
- Should the school day end earlier?
- Should students be required to learn a foreign language?
- Should schools have a student council?
- Can students send a letter to the school management?
- Should elementary schools provide free meals to all students despite their financial status?
- Should recess be made mandatory for all grade levels?
- Should students receive pocket money from their parents?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
For middle school students, choosing a simple title for a persuasive essay and then researching them is a viable approach to helping build an understanding of different issues of the world around. It will also assist them in better expressing their opinions. These 10 persuasive essay ideas for middle school should get you started:
- Should kids access the internet without parental control?
- Are celebrities bad role models for children?
- Should people wear safety belts when using public transport?
- Should social media platforms limit the age required to create an account?
- Should parents pay their kids after scoring good grades in school?
- Is it necessary for children to be informed about politics?
- Should students be allowed to wear what they want, even if it's unconventional?
- Is it important for individuals to respect different cultures and beliefs?
- Should kids be allowed to engage in extreme sports ?
- Should teens be able to express their opinions freely?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
Choosing high school persuasive essay topics is a demanding task since they should strike a balance between being challenging enough for your but not too hard to research. In essence, the prompts should cover issues pupils have learned in class and can easily relate with. We have chosen 10 good persuasive essay topics for high school that will challenge your thoughts but simple enough to prevent any confusion:
- Should teens care for their ageing parents?
- Should schools offer more technology education, such as coding and computer engineering?
- Following today’s culture and societal norms, has Christmas lost its true meaning?
- Should schools provide free birth control and condoms to students?
- Do human activities cause climate change?
- Should college tuition be free for all students?
- Should high school students have part-time jobs?
- Are all politicians good people?
- Does money make the world go round?
- Should cities across all states have free Wi-Fi?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Colleges Students
For students who want to challenge themselves, picking college persuasive essay topics can be a great way to improve their critical thinking skills. You can select one of these 10 persuasive essay topics for college level if you are up for the task:
- Should churches be taxed?
- Is climate change the most significant issue humans have ever faced?
- Should countries focus on their development rather than pumping resources to solve global issues?
- Should freedom of speech have its limits?
- Should colleges and universities offer more courses on sustainable living and environmental protection?
- Are humans fueling their own destruction?
- Is morality objective?
- Can we rely on nuclear power ?
- Should prisons be privatized?
- Is social media positively or negatively affecting learning in colleges and universities?
Persuasive Writing Topics by Subject
When choosing persuasive writing essay topics, there is no shortage of a good idea from any of the available subjects. We have carefully taken an in-depth look at some fields and came up with a wide range of prompts for persuasive essays. From the examples given below, you can pick one that interests you and can comfortably write about it. We urge you to go through the list, and if you find an area that appeals to you, do not hesitate to use it.
Persuasive Essays Topics on History
Persuasive research paper topics on history are excellent for social studies, asking students to debate on various past and present issues. Some questions may not be as straightforward as you think. Here are 10 topics for a persuasive essay:
- Was the early European exploration mission to Africa and other continents a good or bad thing?
- Should companies be allowed to make contributions towards political candidates?
- Is democracy effective as a form of governance?
- Was the American Civil War primarily fought over states' rights or slavery?
- Was the Vietnam War a necessary conflict?
- Should schools teach revisionist history?
- Should the Confederate flag be displayed in public places?
- Are the founding fathers heroes or villains?
- Was it justifiable for America to use atomic bombs in World War II?
- Should we commemorate and celebrate Columbus Day?
Read more: Historical Research Topics
Persuasive Essay Ideas About Culture
You have probably heard many arguments on culture and related issues, which are perfectly suitable for persuasive writing ideas. Examine cultural heritage, traditions, immigration, and other ideas for persuasive writing below:
- Can music be used as a treatment intervention for mental illness?
- Should there be limits on immigration to preserve a country's cultural identity ?
- Is cultural diffusion a good or bad thing for society?
- Should there be restrictions on cultural exports, such as music, movies, and art?
- Should cultural heritage sites be preserved for future generations?
- Should the representation of different cultures in media and entertainment be more diverse?
- Should culture be modified to fit modern society?
- Do the Kardashians positively or negatively influence young people?
- What can museums do to encourage more people to visit?
- Should cultural traditions be preserved, even if they are harmful?
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
The ever-evolving science world brings up lots of ethical concerns, making it easy to find a persuasive research topic. See what you think about these 10 topics for a persuasive research paper in this field:
- Is evolution a fact or theory?
- Should the government continue funding space exploration?
- Is understanding human psychology essential for college students?
- Is it ethical to perform scientific experiments on animals?
- Should scientists access genetic testing to predict future health problems?
- Should companies be allowed to cause more environmental damage because they make good products that benefit society?
- Should researchers conduct early clinical trials on humans rather than animals?
- Do you think humans are similar to animals?
- How likely are robots going to overrun the human population?
- Should genetically modified organisms be released into the wild?
View more: Science Research Paper Topics
Persuasive Essays for Topics on Education
Education is one of the most important aspects of a person's life, as it provides individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in their future careers and personal lives. Moreover, it is constantly evolving and adapting to meet new challenges. As such, there are many contentious and thought-provoking topics to write persuasive essays on in this field. See if these 10 persuasive essay titles related to education inspire you:
- Should online education replace traditional classroom learning?
- Should schools offer courses in mental health and wellness?
- How much should parents get involved in their children’s learning process?
- Should schools provide more opportunities for students to study abroad?
- Should schools provide more support and resources for students with learning differences?
- Should teachers communicate with their students through social media?
- Is college education necessary for a successful career?
- Are exams the right approach to determine if students are actually learning and understanding course concepts?
- Is detention necessary curbing indiscipline among students?
- Should students take vocational lessons before graduating?
Read more: Education Research Topics
Political Persuasive Essay Topics
People have varying political opinions. Choosing topics to write a persuasive essay on means you have no problem conducting in-depth research to understand other perspectives. Take a look at these 10 titles for persuasive essays, but remember you can receive backlash from those on the opposing side:
- Should the United States have a two-party or a multi-party political system?
- Should protestors block off roads and cause traffic? Are their actions a concern for public safety?
- Should same-sex marriages be legalized?
- Should we continue protecting religious liberties?
- Should local governments do more to fight global warming ? If yes, how so?
- How can the threat of terrorism be mitigated?
- How should countries encourage female participation in politics?
- Can the issue of immigration be solved?
- Should the government regulate political advertising and propaganda?
- Should money spent on political campaigns be limited?
>> View more: Political Science Topics
Topics for a Persuasive Essay on Technology
The evolution of technology is remarkable, bringing forth developments that would have been impossible if it remained only a theory. In fact, it has changed how we learn, communicate, interact, and access information. When it comes to writing about technology, you can never miss things to write persuasive essays on, especially if you have a huge interest in the field. Here, we outline 10 ideas for persuasive essays you can explore:
- Is technology improving or hindering our ability to communicate effectively?
- Are we becoming too dependent on technology?
- Should internet access be considered a basic human right?
- Is technology making us less social and isolated?
- Does technology contribute to the growing inequality in the world?
- Are wearable technologies like smartwatches and fitness trackers improving our health?
- Do action video games, such as Call of Duty and PUBG, increase juvenile violence?
- Should children under a certain age be banned from using social media and other technology devices?
- Which is better, Android or iOS?
- Do you think car manufacturers can design automotive vehicles with similar capabilities as the Transformers?
>> More ideas: Technological Research Topics
Military Persuasive Essay Topic Ideas
War is part of our history, and understanding the role military personnel play is essential in building a better society. From this, persuasive paper topics on their activities and warfare have become common in college-level studies. Here, we will take a look at 10 of the most popular topics for persuasive essays you may encounter:
- Should the military budget be increased or decreased?
- How can the country help war veterans as they integrate into society?
- Should military personnel protest and express their political views?
- Should women be assigned to combat positions in the army?
- Should the military use more advanced technology, such as drones and robots, in warfare?
- Should the United States provide military aid to other countries?
- Can the military be called upon in response to humanitarian crises and disasters?
- Do you think that a large military base is a show of strength and power?
- Due to their service to the nation, should the army be exempted from paying taxes?
- Should the military be more transparent about its operations and decision-making processes?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Health
We all worry about the state of our public health system. There are so many persuasive essay topics to choose from in this field. For example, how do we deal with increasing mortality rates? Can an HIV/AIDS vaccine work? You can try these 10 other health persuasive essay topics and gain insight into today’s societal challenges:
- Should schools screen students for depression?
- Is it advisable for companies to drug test their employees anytime?
- Substance abuse is at an all-high following the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic . What should be done to combat this?
- Only one state mandates all restaurants to display nutritional content on their menu. Do you think this should be applicable for all other states?
- Can the Affordable Care Act be replaced? If yes, what improvements do you want included in the new one?
- Should unhealthy foods be taxed to discourage consumption?
- Should people understand their family medical history?
- Should health insurance providers give out financial incentives to encourage their clients to adopt healthy lifestyles?
- Should mental health be treated with the same priority as physical health?
- Should citizens access healthcare regardless of their ability to pay?
>> Read more: Mental Health Topics to Write About
Persuasive Essay Ideas by Theme
One way of grouping your work is by themes, meaning organizing similar topics to create a coherent essay. This way, it will be easy to find things to write a persuasive essay about. In the following list, choose persuasive questions you are passionate about and understand well. Focusing on one area will help you build strong arguments and convince the reader to agree with your point.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Sports
Sports have always been a favorite pastime for many people, and it's not surprising that they are popular among students. Writing persuasive essay topics on sports allows you to explore diverse opinions surrounding various issues in this field. From the use of performance-enhancing drugs to its impact on society and education, there is no shortage of ideas to choose from. Whether you are a fan or simply interested in exploring the different arguments and perspectives, selecting this theme can be a fascinating and rewarding challenge. Have a look at these 10 sports persuasive essay topics for your next paper:
- Is it important for children to participate in sports?
- Does participating in sports have a positive impact on academic performance?
- Should sport events be held in venues with retractable roofs or open-air stadiums?
- Should athletes be held responsible for their actions off the field or court?
- Are violent sports harmful to participants and should they be banned?
- Is it fair for athletes to receive such high salaries?
- Should sports teams provide equal pay for men and women?
- Should athletes caught doping receive a life ban on future sports participation?
- Should betting on sport be legal?
- Should sport events be more environmentally friendly?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
Animals are an important part of our world, and they play a vital role in our ecosystem. They create emotional connection in people and inspire us to take action and protect their rights and habitats. A persuasive paper idea on the ethics of zoos and circuses, wildlife conservation, or animal testing can be a good starting point for your essay. You can also look at these 10 other animal persuasive essay topics below if they interest you:
- Should hunting animals be illegal?
- Is animal-assisted therapy ethical?
- Is it ethical to use animals for entertainment, such as circuses and rodeos?
- Are animal rights activism and advocacy effective?
- Is it right to keep wild animals as pets?
- Should there be limits on the amount of sea creatures that can be caught for commercial purposes?
- Is it necessary to have animal welfare laws that protect domesticated animals?
- Should domestic animals, such as cats and dogs, be spayed and neutered to reduce overpopulation?
- Should animals be given the same legal rights as humans?
- Is it ethical to use animals for food production?
Entertainment Persuasive Writing Ideas
Entertainment is a constantly evolving industry that captivates and engages people from all walks of life. From movies and music to video games and television, there are countless forms of entertainment that shape our culture and influence our beliefs and values. Your persuasive paragraph topics can range from the impact of technology on the entertainment industry or representation of marginalized groups in media to the role of entertainment in shaping societal norms. In your writing, you can use any of these 10 persuasive paper ideas for your entertainment-themed essay:
- What is the best music to listen to when in a bad mood?
- Should people download copyrighted music and movies for free?
- Is it important for society to access free public entertainment options, such as parks and museums?
- Should streaming services pay the same amount as traditional TV networks for the rights to air content?
- Are there benefits or drawbacks to binge-watching TV shows, and what impact does it have on our viewing habits?
- Is it ethical for celebrities to use their influence to endorse products?
- Is there a moral obligation to consider the ethics of reality TV shows and their impact on participants and audiences?
- Is it important for TV networks to have diversity in the content they air?
- Should individuals livestream their personal lives 24/7?
- Should TV networks air a certain amount of educational content daily?
Persuasive Essay Topics on Food
Food is a basic life necessity that can bring people together and shape our cultural identity. From the rise of veganism to the impact of fast food on our health, you can find many persuasive paper ideas on this theme that inspire lively debates. If you are looking for more ideas on food, check out the following persuasive research topics:
- Should there be restrictions on the use of artificial sweeteners in food production?
- Is it necessary for individuals to reduce their meat consumption for the sake of the environment?
- Is the global food system sustainable, and what changes must be made to ensure long-term food security?
- Should fast food restaurants list the calorie count of their menu items?
- Should there be restrictions on the sale of junk food to children?
- Should the use of antibiotics in food production be limited?
- Is it important for individuals to eat locally sourced food?
- Should the use of growth hormones in food production be banned?
- Should fast food restaurants be held responsible for promoting unhealthy food choices?
- Should supermarkets donate unused foods to the homeless?
Persuasive Essay Topics on Depression
When looking for a persuasive essay title on depression, you have to be mindful since this is a sensitive theme. To get started, you can pick a topic for a persuasive essay from the list below:
- Should employers provide mental health benefits for employees?
- Is therapy the most effective treatment for depression? If not, what are the alternatives?
- Is it important for society to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and depression?
- Should medication be the first line of treatment for depression?
- Is it possible for someone with depression to live a happy and fulfilling life?
- Should mental health screening be mandatory for all?
- Is it important for society to educate individuals about depression and mental health?
- Should people take antidepressants without a prescription?
- Should the government invest more in mental health research and treatment?
- Is it necessary for people to talk about their depression in order to overcome it?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Music
Music is a universal language that can tell a story, link people together, and create emotional connection. From classical to rock, from hip-hop to jazz, there are countless genres of music that have shaped our culture and continue to inspire new generations. Many topics for persuasive papers can be engaging and allow you to express your opinion on different musical perspectives. When choosing what to write, you can talk about the impact of technology on music, its role in society, or you can settle on one of these 10 persuasive research essay topics below:
- Is music education necessary in schools?
- Is classical music more culturally significant than popular music?
- Does music have a healing power?
- Should music with explicit lyrics be censored? Does this impact free speech and artistic expression?
- Are music competitions fair and beneficial for musicians?
- Are music videos an important aspect of music or are they distracting and unnecessary?
- What is the impact of the music industry on the economy?
- Is it important for musicians to have a concrete message in their music?
- Can music be used to spread hate and violence?
- Should people be allowed to play music in public spaces without permission?
Persuasive Essay Ideas About Love & Friendship
Love and friendship are common themes for persuasive essays and letters as they can elicit strong emotions and opinions from people. When searching for ideas for a persuasive essay, you may argue for or against romantic love or about the benefits and drawbacks of different types of friendships. Whether you are composing a love or friendship essay , the following 10 topics for persuasive writing will give you an opportunity to express your own views and engage others in a meaningful dialogue:
- Is love more important than friendship in a romantic relationship?
- Is true love a matter of fate or choice?
- Can money buy happiness in a relationship?
- Is it better to be in a relationship or single?
- Can friendships last for a lifetime?
- Is honesty the best policy in a relationship?
- Is it advisable to be long-term friends before dating?
- Is it better to have a few close friends or many casual friends?
- Is physical attraction important in a relationship?
- Can you be friends with an ex-partner?
Keep in mind that we have different lists of topics for your essay writing. Find them in our blogs, be those analytical essay topics or position paper topics .
Bottom Line on Persuasive Essay Topics
Good ideas for persuasive essays can be challenging to formulate, but in this guide, we have provided over 300 engaging and exciting persuasive article topics on different subjects and themes to help you with this task. Remember that your choice should be influenced by interest, availability of evidence, and the ability to present concrete arguments. Once you pick a topic, follow these tips as you begin writing:
- Avoid unusual persuasive essay topics that are far too complicated and can provoke your readers.
- Research your topic and make sure you can present the opposing sides of the argument.
- Understand your audience. This will help choose a subject they can relate or engage in.
- Go for controversy. People like reading about issues that elicit strong opinions or emotions.
If you feel that writing is still a struggle for you, don’t hesitate to buy a persuasive essay from an academic writing service. Our professional writers will do their best to provide you with your paper timely.
Daniel Howard is an Essay Writing guru. He helps students create essays that will strike a chord with the readers.
You may also like
Persuasive Essay Topics: Top 150 Choices
Did you know that the word 'persuade' is derived from the Latin word 'persuadere,' which means 'to make someone agree or believe through argument or reasoning'? It's a fascinating linguistic connection to the art of writing a persuasive essay, a skill that has the potential to shape opinions, spark discussions, and even drive change.
In this article, our persuasive essay writer will delve into a carefully curated selection of 150 essay topics that are designed to ignite debate, stimulate critical thinking, and empower you to make a compelling case for your viewpoint. Whether you're a student looking for a captivating, persuasive essay idea for your next assignment or an advocate seeking to raise awareness about critical issues, our list offers a diverse range of ideas that can serve as a powerful catalyst for meaningful discourse and positive transformation.
A Comprehensive List of Persuasive Essay Topics
In this comprehensive list, our paper writing service experts have compiled an extensive range of persuasive essay topics to suit various interests and academic levels. Whether you're a college student seeking to engage in complex debates, a high school student eager to make a compelling case, or an advocate looking to address critical issues, we've got you covered. Our topics span across diverse categories such as education, history, society, health, and more. This article is your one-stop resource for finding the perfect topic that aligns with your passion and purpose, ensuring your persuasive essays stand out.
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
In our pursuit of engaging and impactful essay subjects, let's begin by delving into ten distinctive topics that transcend the commonplace. These choices not only provide fresh perspectives but also present an opportunity to learn how to research a topic effectively.
- Contemplating the Art of Mindful Consumption : Discuss the ethical implications of our consumer choices and how conscious shopping can transform our world.
- Digital Privacy in the Age of Big Data: Analyze the trade-offs between personal privacy and data collection in our increasingly interconnected world.
- The Future of Work: Universal Basic Income: Delve into the concept of universal basic income and its potential to address economic inequality and job displacement in the age of automation.
- Cryptocurrency Adoption and Its Impact on Traditional Banking: Examine how the rise of cryptocurrencies is reshaping the financial landscape and challenging traditional banking systems.
- Sustainable Fashion: Balancing Style and Environmental Responsibility: Discuss the fashion industry's ecological footprint and the importance of sustainable clothing practices.
- Decoding Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: Explore the transformative potential of AI in revolutionizing healthcare and its implications for medical professionals and patients.
- The Power of Solar Roadways: Investigate the concept of solar roadways as an innovative solution for both energy generation and sustainable infrastructure.
- The Intersection of Virtual Reality and Education: Analyze the benefits and challenges of integrating virtual reality technology into the classroom for enhanced learning experiences.
- Reimagining Urban Planning: The 15-Minute City Concept: Delve into the urban planning movement that aims to create more sustainable and livable cities by emphasizing short commutes and community-centric design.
- The Impact of Eco-Anxiety on Mental Health: Discuss the psychological effects of climate change-related anxiety and ways to address and mitigate its impact on individuals and society.
Get Pro Help and Boost Your Grades!
Hopefully this guide will help you discover good topics for a persuasive speech or essay and write a top-notch paper. Looking for more advice or professional help?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
When it comes to persuasive essay topics for students, the expectation is high. College-level writing demands critical thinking, compelling arguments, and well-researched positions. Here are ten thought-provoking topics tailored for the academic environment:
- The Ethics of Cloning and Genetic Engineering in Higher Education: Explore the moral and scientific considerations of cloning and genetic engineering research conducted in university settings.
- Quantum Computing and Its Implications for Computer Science Education: Delve into the potential of quantum computing and its influence on computer science programs in colleges and universities.
- Deconstructing the Prison-Industrial Complex: A Call for Education Reform: Discuss how higher education institutions can play a role in addressing the social and economic issues related to mass incarceration.
- Space Exploration and University Research: Analyze the contributions of universities to space exploration and their potential impact on future interstellar exploration.
- The Intersection of Art and Artificial Intelligence: Examine the collaboration between artists and AI technology in creating innovative and thought-provoking works of art.
- The Philosophy of Time Travel: Academic Approaches and Paradoxes: Explore the theoretical aspects of time travel from a philosophical and scientific perspective.
- Biodiversity Conservation in University Campuses: Discuss the role of colleges in preserving local biodiversity and creating sustainable environments within their campuses.
- The Influence of Virtual Reality on Archaeological Studies: Investigate how VR technology is transforming archaeological research and preservation efforts.
- The Philosophy of Mind in the Age of Brain-Computer Interfaces: Explore the ethical and philosophical implications of brain-computer interface technology in academic and research settings.
- Transhumanism and the Future of Human Enhancement: Discuss the ethical, social, and philosophical aspects of transhumanism within the context of higher education.
Persuasive Essay Topics High School
High school students often engage with a wide range of issues and concerns. Here are some essay topics tailored to their interests and age groups:
- Promoting Financial Literacy in High Schools: Discuss the importance of including comprehensive financial literacy education in high school curriculums to equip students with essential life skills.
- Social Media's Impact on Teen Mental Health: Explore the influence of social media on the mental well-being of high school students and advocate for responsible usage.
- The Need for Racial and Cultural Diversity in High School Reading Lists: Analyze the benefits of incorporating more diverse voices and perspectives in the required reading list.
- Youth Activism and Its Impact on Social Change: Highlight the role of young activists in shaping social and political movements, both historically and in the present.
- The Effects of Violent Video Games on Adolescent Behavior: Discuss the potential impact of violent video games on high school students and the debate over-regulation.
- Promoting Healthy Eating Habits in Schools: Advocate for better nutritional standards in high school cafeterias to combat childhood obesity and encourage healthy eating.
- Cyberbullying Prevention and High School Policies: Examine the issue of cyberbullying and the role of high schools in preventing and addressing this problem.
- The Pros and Cons of School Uniforms: Debate the advantages and disadvantages of implementing school uniforms in high schools.
- Youth Voting Rights and Civic Engagement: Discuss the benefits of lowering the voting age to 16 and increasing youth participation in elections.
- Climate Change Education in High Schools: Explore the need for comprehensive climate change education in high schools to prepare the next generation for environmental challenges.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
Education is a dynamic and crucial field that constantly evolves. Here are ten topics related to education:
- The Impact of Inclusive Education on Student Development: Explore the advantages of inclusive classrooms where students with diverse abilities learn together.
- The Role of Teachers in Fostering Critical Thinking: Discuss how educators can nurture critical thinking skills in students, preparing them for a rapidly changing world.
- Standardized Testing: Is it a True Measure of Student Ability? Debate the effectiveness and limitations of standardized testing in assessing student knowledge and readiness.
- Digital Learning Tools in the Classroom: Analyze the benefits and challenges of integrating digital technology into the education system.
- The Importance of Arts Education in Schools: Advocate for the inclusion of arts education as a fundamental part of the curriculum, promoting creativity and well-rounded development.
- Homeschooling vs. Traditional Schooling: A Comparative Analysis: Examine the pros and cons of homeschooling in contrast to traditional classroom education.
- The Role of Education in Combating Cyberbullying: Discuss how schools can address the issue of cyberbullying and promote safe online behavior.
- The Necessity of Physical Education: Encouraging Active Lifestyles: Explore the importance of physical education in high schools and its contribution to students' health.
- The Impact of Early Childhood Education on Future Success: Discuss the long-term benefits of quality early childhood education programs.
- Environmental Education: Preparing Students for a Sustainable Future: Advocate for the inclusion of environmental education in school curriculums to raise awareness about sustainability and ecological responsibility.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Society
The topics that follow provide distinctive viewpoints on society, offering a novel vantage point from which to delve into the complexities of human culture, behavior, and interpersonal dynamics.
- The Influence of Culinary Culture on Society: Delve into how culinary traditions, food choices, and dining habits shape our cultural identity and social interactions.
- Understanding Society Through Foreign Language Semiotics: Examine how symbols and signs in everyday life convey meaning, reflect societal values, and influence communication.
- The Role of Festivals and Celebrations in Building Community: Explore how communal celebrations and festivals foster a sense of togetherness and unity within societies.
- The Art of Storytelling: Oral Traditions and Their Impact on Culture: Analyze the significance of oral storytelling traditions in preserving cultural heritage and passing down knowledge from generation to generation.
- Collective Memory and Historical Narratives: Discuss how societies construct and maintain collective memories and the impact of these narratives on their sense of identity and unity.
- Urban Planning and the Psychology of Space: Examine the psychological effects of urban environments, architectural design, and city planning on the well-being and behavior of residents.
- The Societal Significance of Public Transportation: Explore how public transportation systems shape social interactions, reduce environmental impact, and influence urban development.
- Fashion as a Mirror of Society: Discuss how clothing, styles, and fashion trends reflect cultural values, historical influences, and societal changes.
- The Rituals of Everyday Life: Examining Mundane Practices: Analyze the significance of daily rituals and mundane practices in creating a sense of order and meaning in society.
- Digital Subcultures and Online Communities: Investigate how online communities and subcultures have emerged as significant facets of modern society, influencing the way people connect, share interests, and form identities.
Persuasive Essay Topics on History
When considering how to write persuasive essay on history, these topics will provide you with a platform to delve into the past, draw valuable lessons, and make compelling arguments about the significance of historical events, figures, and movements in our world today.
- The Significance of Historical Preservation: Discuss the importance of preserving historical sites and artifacts for future generations.
- The Impact of World War II on Global Politics: Analyze how World War II redefined international relations and its lasting effects on the world.
- The Legacy of the Civil Rights Movement: Explore the achievements and ongoing challenges related to the civil rights movement in the United States.
- The Role of Ancient History in Modern Society: Discuss the relevance of studying ancient civilizations and their impact on contemporary culture and politics.
- The Cultural Significance of the Renaissance Period: Analyze the contributions of the Renaissance era to art, science, and human thought.
- The Causes and Consequences of the Industrial Revolution: Examine the factors that led to the Industrial Revolution and its effects on society.
- The Impact of Colonialism on Indigenous Peoples: Discuss the long-term consequences of European colonialism on indigenous populations and their cultures.
- The Lessons of the Cold War: Analyze the Cold War's influence on geopolitics and diplomacy and what lessons can be drawn from it for current international relations.
- The Role of Historical Truth in Reconciliation: Discuss the importance of acknowledging historical injustices in the process of reconciliation and healing.
- The Influence of Historical Figures on Modern Political Thought: Explore how historical figures have shaped contemporary political ideologies and movements.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Social Issues
Social issues encompass a wide range of concerns that affect individuals and communities. Here are topics related to social issues:
- Addressing Homelessness in Urban Areas: Discuss strategies to combat homelessness and support those in need in cities and urban environments.
- The Impact of Bullying in Schools: Analyze the consequences of bullying and explore ways to create a safer and more inclusive school environment.
- Youth Substance Abuse and Prevention: Advocate for effective prevention programs and support for young people struggling with substance abuse.
- Racial Profiling and Police Violence: Discuss racial profiling and excessive use of force by law enforcement and advocate for reforms.
- Access to Affordable Healthcare: Explore the challenges and solutions for providing affordable and accessible healthcare for all.
- Gender and LGBTQ+ Rights: Advocate for gender equality and the rights of the LGBTQ+ community, including issues like marriage equality and transgender rights.
- Combating Human Trafficking: Discuss the global issue of human trafficking and propose solutions to combat it effectively.
- Mental Health Stigma and Awareness: Explore the stigma surrounding mental health and ways to promote awareness and destigmatization.
- The Impact of Social Media on Mental Health: Analyze the relationship between social media use and mental health concerns, such as anxiety and depression.
- Environmental Justice and Access to Clean Water: Advocate for equitable access to clean water and address environmental disparities in vulnerable communities.
Crime and Legal Persuasive Essay Topics
Issues related to crime and the legal system are often the subject of intense debate. These topics provide a platform for students to examine complex issues in criminal justice, law, and ethics while presenting well-researched arguments and potential solutions.
- The Efficacy of Restorative Justice Programs: Explore the effectiveness of restorative justice as an alternative to traditional punitive measures in the criminal justice system.
- Sentencing Reform and the Need for Second Chances: Advocate for reevaluating sentencing guidelines and promoting rehabilitation over lengthy prison sentences.
- Cybersecurity and Digital Privacy Laws: Examine the importance of legal measures to protect digital privacy and combat cybercrimes.
- Capital Punishment: Abolition or Reform? Analyze the arguments for and against the death penalty and consider potential reforms.
- Criminal Profiling and Ethical Considerations: Explore the use of criminal profiling in law enforcement and the ethical questions it raises.
- Hate Crimes Legislation and Protection: Advocate for stronger hate crime laws and measures to protect vulnerable communities.
- Juvenile Justice Reform: Discuss the need for improvements in the juvenile justice system, including alternatives to incarceration for young offenders.
- Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform: Discuss the practice of civil asset forfeiture and advocate for reforms to address potential abuses and protect property rights.
- Mandatory Minimum Sentences: A Review and Reform: Analyze the impact of mandatory minimum sentencing laws and propose potential reforms for a more equitable criminal justice system.
- The Role of Mental Health Courts: Explore the benefits and challenges of mental health courts as an alternative approach to addressing criminal cases involving individuals with mental illnesses.
Health Persuasive Essay Topics
These health-related essay topics encompass a wide range of issues, from public health policies to individual health and well-being, providing opportunities for students to explore critical topics and propose meaningful solutions.
- Universal Healthcare: A Right or a Privilege? Debate the merits of universal healthcare and its implications for society and the economy.
- The Obesity Epidemic and Public Health: Discuss strategies to combat obesity, promote healthy lifestyles, and reduce the associated health risks.
- Vaccination Mandates and Public Health: Analyze the controversy surrounding vaccination mandates and their impact on public health.
- Digital Wellness in the Age of Screens : Examine the impact of constant screen exposure on physical and mental health.
- The Role of Nutrition Education in Schools: Advocate for the inclusion of comprehensive nutrition education in the school curriculum to combat childhood obesity and promote healthy eating habits.
- The Opioid Crisis and Addiction Treatment: Explore strategies for addressing the opioid epidemic and improving access to addiction treatment.
- Reproductive Health and Women's Rights: Discuss the importance of women's reproductive health rights and access to healthcare services.
- Healthcare Disparities in Underserved Communities: Analyze the disparities in healthcare access and outcomes in underserved and marginalized communities and propose solutions.
- Telemedicine and the Future of Healthcare: Examine the growth of telemedicine and its potential to improve healthcare access, especially in rural areas.
- The Impact of Aging Populations on Healthcare Systems: Discuss the challenges and innovations needed to address the healthcare needs of an increasingly aging population.
Women's and Gender Persuasive Essay Topics
Gender and women's issues are essential topics for discussion and advocacy, inviting students to address crucial matters related to gender and work toward a more equitable and inclusive society.
- Equal Pay for Equal Work: Advocate for closing the gender pay gap and ensuring equal pay for women in the workplace.
- Women in Leadership: Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Discuss the barriers women face in reaching leadership positions and strategies to promote gender equality in leadership roles.
- Reproductive Rights and Access to Healthcare: Explore the importance of women's reproductive rights and access to comprehensive healthcare services, including contraception and family planning.
- Violence Against Women: Prevention and Support: Discuss the prevalence of violence against women, including domestic violence and sexual assault, and propose strategies for prevention and support for survivors.
- Women in STEM Fields: Encouraging Gender Diversity: Analyze the challenges women face in STEM careers and advocate for increased gender diversity in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Gender Stereotypes and Their Impact: Examine the influence of gender stereotypes on society and discuss strategies to challenge and overcome these biases.
- The Representation of Women in Media: Discuss the portrayal of women in the media and the need for more diverse and empowering representations.
- Intersectionality and Women's Rights: Explore how race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other factors intersect with gender, affecting women's experiences and rights.
- Child Marriage and Gender-Based Violence: Advocate for ending child marriage and addressing gender-based violence against girls and young women.
- The Role of Men in Feminism: Discuss the importance of male allies in the feminist movement and how they can support gender equality.
Ethics Persuasive Essay Topics
Ethical issues are at the core of many important debates and decisions in society. Here are some interesting suggestions from our online essay writer that explore various ethical dilemmas:
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Automation: Discuss the ethical considerations surrounding AI, automation and their impact on the workforce and decision-making.
- Bioethical Dilemmas: Genetic Engineering and Designer Babies: Analyze the ethical concerns raised by genetic engineering and the creation of designer babies.
- Ethics in Animal Testing and Research: Debate the ethical considerations of using animals for scientific experiments and research.
- Euthanasia and the Right to Die with Dignity: Discuss the ethical aspects of euthanasia and whether individuals have the right to make end-of-life decisions.
- Environmental Ethics and Conservation: Explore the ethical principles underpinning environmental conservation and sustainability efforts.
- Ethical Implications of Privacy in the Digital Age: Analyze the ethical dilemmas related to data privacy, surveillance, and digital information sharing.
- Ethics in Journalism and Media Integrity: Discuss the ethical responsibilities of journalists and media outlets in reporting news and information accurately.
- Ethical Considerations in Healthcare Resource Allocation: Explore the ethical challenges healthcare professionals face when allocating limited resources, such as during a public health crisis.
- Ethical Implications of Cloning and Stem Cell Research: Examine the ethical concerns and potential benefits of cloning and stem cell research.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethical Business Practices: Advocate for ethical standards and social responsibility in business practices, including issues related to sustainability and fair labor practices.
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
These science-related topics allow college students to engage in discussions about the role of science in addressing critical global issues and how scientific knowledge can shape our understanding of the world and improve our lives.
- Climate Change and Urgent Action: Advocate for the importance of addressing climate change and the role of scientific research in finding solutions.
- Space Exploration: The Quest for Knowledge and Discovery: Discuss the value of space exploration and the knowledge gained from missions to the cosmos.
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and Food Security: Explore the benefits and risks of GMOs in agriculture and their role in food security.
- The Role of Science in Addressing Public Health Crises: Analyze the significance of science in responding to public health crises, such as pandemics and infectious diseases.
- The Untapped Potential of Mycorrhizal Fungi in Enhancing Sustainable Agriculture : Explore the largely uncharted territory of harnessing mycorrhizal fungi to improve soil health, nutrient absorption, and crop yields.
- The Importance of STEM Education: Advocate for the promotion of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education in schools to prepare future generations for scientific and technological challenges.
- Artificial Intelligence and its Ethical Implications: Explore the ethical concerns related to AI technology, such as decision-making algorithms and machine learning.
- The Impact of Scientific Discoveries on Medical Ethics: Discuss how scientific advances, such as gene editing and organ transplantation, influence medical ethics and healthcare decision-making.
- Biodiversity Conservation and Ecosystem Health: Analyze the role of science in preserving biodiversity and maintaining the health of ecosystems.
- The Role of Scientific Skepticism in Critical Thinking: Advocate for the importance of scientific skepticism in evaluating claims, combating pseudoscience, and fostering critical thinking.
Persuasive Essay Topics on AI Impact
These essay topics on AI impact suggested by our dissertation service writers provide students with an opportunity to critically examine the various ways AI is reshaping our world, considering both the benefits and challenges it presents.
- AI in Literature and Creative Writing: A New Era of Storytelling: Explore the use of AI in generating creative content, such as poems, stories, and novels, and its potential impact on the literary world.
- AI in Archaeology and Historical Preservation: Discuss how AI technologies are aiding in archaeological discoveries, historical research, and the preservation of cultural heritage.
- AI and the Future of Personal Relationships: From Virtual Companions to AI Love: Examine the ethical and emotional implications of AI-powered virtual companions and their potential influence on human relationships.
- AI in the Workplace: Job Automation and the Future of Employment: Analyze the impact of AI on the workforce, considering job displacement and the need for new skill sets.
- AI and Privacy Concerns: Balancing Innovation with Data Protection: Debate the ethical and privacy considerations related to AI technologies and data collection.
- AI and Mental Health: Chatbots and Supportive Technologies: Explore the use of AI in providing mental health support, including chatbots and virtual therapists.
- AI and Criminal Justice: Predictive Policing and Bias Mitigation: Analyze the role of AI in criminal justice, including predictive policing and efforts to address bias.
- AI in Art and Creativity: Tools, Innovations, and Copyright: Discuss the impact of AI in creative fields, raising questions about copyright and the definition of art.
- AI in Environmental Conservation: Enhancing Conservation Efforts: Explore how AI technologies are used to monitor and protect endangered species and natural ecosystems.
- AI and Accessibility: Empowering Individuals with Disabilities: Advocate for the use of AI to improve accessibility and inclusivity for individuals with disabilities.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Racism
These persuasive writing prompts on racism provide opportunities to engage in important discussions and advocate for social justice, equity, and change. They encourage college students to address the multifaceted issues related to racism and contribute to the ongoing fight against discrimination.
- The Impact of Systemic Racism on Communities of Color: Discuss the pervasive effects of systemic racism on individuals and communities, including disparities in education, healthcare, and criminal justice.
- Racial Profiling and Police Violence: Analyze the issues of racial profiling and the use of force by law enforcement, as well as strategies for reform.
- Hate Crimes and Discrimination: Explore the prevalence of hate crimes based on race, religion, or ethnicity and advocate for measures to combat discrimination.
- The Importance of Diverse Representation in Media: Discuss the need for more diverse and accurate portrayals of racial and ethnic minorities in film, television, and advertising.
- Affirmative Action: Balancing Equal Opportunity and Meritocracy: Debate the role of affirmative action policies in addressing historical injustices and promoting diversity in education and employment.
- Race and Education: Addressing the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Examine the disproportionate impact of disciplinary policies on students of color and the need to dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline.
- The Role of Allyship in Combating Racism: Discuss the importance of allyship in supporting marginalized communities and dismantling racist systems.
- Racial Health Disparities: A Call for Equity in Healthcare: Analyze the disparities in healthcare access and outcomes among racial and ethnic groups and advocate for equitable healthcare solutions.
- Microaggressions and Unconscious Bias: Explore the impact of microaggressions and unconscious bias on marginalized communities and strategies for raising awareness.
- Reparations for Historical Injustices: Debate the need for reparations to address the historical injustices inflicted on communities of color, particularly the descendants of enslaved individuals.
Unique Persuasive Essay Ideas
These persuasive essay ideas offer opportunities to explore unconventional and fascinating topics, encouraging critical thinking and in-depth examination of issues that may not be as widely discussed but are nonetheless thought-provoking.
- The Ethics of Space Colonization: Explore the ethical considerations and responsibilities of humanity as we venture into space and potentially colonize other planets.
- The Impact of Digital Immortality: Discuss the ethical and existential questions raised by advancements in digital technology that allow individuals to preserve their personalities and memories beyond their lifetimes.
- The Necessity of Emotional Education: Advocate for the inclusion of emotional intelligence and empathy education in schools to promote healthy relationships and emotional well-being.
- The Role of Psychedelics in Mental Health Treatment: Examine the potential therapeutic benefits of psychedelics, such as psilocybin, in the treatment of mental health disorders.
- The Art and Science of Laughter: Explore the physiological and psychological benefits of laughter and its potential as a form of therapy.
- The Future of Sustainable Fashion: Discuss innovations in sustainable fashion, including circular fashion, eco-friendly textiles, and ethical fashion practices.
- The Impact of Silence on Mental Health: Examine the importance of silence and solitude in maintaining mental well-being in a noisy and interconnected world.
- The Philosophy of Time Travel: Paradoxes and Possibilities: Delve into the philosophical questions and paradoxes related to time travel and its feasibility.
- Human Augmentation and Cyborg Ethics: Explore the ethical considerations surrounding human augmentation technologies and the blurring of boundaries between humans and machines.
- The Art of Procrastination: Creativity and Productivity: Discuss the potential benefits of procrastination in fostering creativity and innovation.
In conclusion, this article has presented a diverse array of persuasive essay topics, spanning from pressing social issues to the ethical implications of AI and beyond. It highlights the importance of engaging in critical discourse, fostering empathy, and advocating for positive change in our ever-evolving world.
At the same time, if you find yourself seeking assistance with your academic endeavors, remember that we can help you with your homework, ensuring you stay on top of your studies and coursework. Whether it's tackling complex essays or asking for support like ' do my homework ,' our resources are here to aid you on your academic journey.
What if Your Essay Could Change Minds and Transform Ideas?
Explore the endless possibilities of interesting persuasive essay topics that elevate your writing and inspire change.
Argumentative Essay Guide
Argumentative Essay Topics
250+ Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas To Help You Out
17 min read
Published on: Feb 7, 2018
Last updated on: Nov 22, 2023
People also read
The Ultimate Guide to Argumentative Essay Writing
Argumentative Essay Outline: How to Structure Your Argumentative Essay
Argumentative Essay Examples: Samples & Tips
Learn the 3 Different Types of Argument and Multiple Argument Claims
Share this article
Have you been assigned an argumentative essay? Are you wondering about which topic you should choose?
Choosing a good topic is the first step to writing your argumentative essay . But ideas and inspirations don’t come easily.
That’s why we've curated a list of 250+ captivating argumentative essay topics. Whether you’re in high school or college, we’ve got you covered. These topics will sharpen your critical thinking and also encourage you to delve into contentious issues.
So read on to find the best argumentative topic to write about!
On This Page On This Page -->
Best Argumentative Essay Topics for Students
Below is a list of argumentative topics for students of all levels. With such varied topics available for exploration, you can easily find one that sparks your interest without difficulty.
Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle School Students
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in school?
- Is homework necessary for students to succeed academically?
- Should school uniforms be mandatory for all students?
- Is video gaming harmful or beneficial for young people's development?
- Should pets be allowed in school to reduce stress and anxiety?
- Is it important for middle school students to learn a second language?
- Should junk food be banned from school cafeterias to promote healthier eating habits?
- Is online learning as effective as traditional classroom learning?
- Should students be required to participate in physical education classes every day?
- Is it fair for students to be graded on their participation in class discussions?
Argumentative Essay Topics For Grade 6
These easy argumentative essay topics for 6th graders are perfect for sparking classroom debates.
- Should schools have a longer summer vacation?
- Is it important for students to have a say in the rules and policies of their school?
- Should students be allowed to choose their own books for reading assignments?
- Is it fair for students to have to wear school uniforms?
- Should junk food be banned in school cafeterias?
- Should schools provide more opportunities for physical education and exercise?
- Is it important for students to learn a foreign language in school?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in the classroom?
- Should schools be required to offer art, music, and creative subjects?
Argumentative Essay Topics For 7th Graders
- What rights, if any, should teenagers have to control their lives?
- Do children learn more from rewards or punishments?
- Should physical education be mandatory in schools?
- Is the amount of homework given to students appropriate or excessive?
- Are standardized tests an effective measure of student performance?
- Should parents have access to their children's social media accounts?
- Do video games have a positive or negative effect on academic achievement?
- Should students be allowed to bring their own technology to school?
- Does the Internet create more opportunities for learning or less?
- Should schools teach values and morality as part of the curriculum?
Argumentative Essay Topics For Grade 8
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in school, and what are the pros and cons of this policy?
- Is the use of social media by middle school students harmful or beneficial to their development?
- Should schools teach financial literacy and money management as part of the curriculum?
- Is it important for 8th graders to learn about climate change and its environmental impacts in school?
- Should standardized testing be the primary method of evaluating student achievement and teacher effectiveness?
- Is there a need for stricter gun control laws in the United States?
- Should students have the option to choose their own extracurricular activities, or should these activities be assigned by the school?
- Is it ethical for zoos to keep animals in captivity for educational purposes?
- Should the voting age be lowered?
- Should the government provide free public transportation for middle school students to reduce traffic congestion and pollution?
Argumentative Essay Topics For High School Students
- Should the government regulate the sale and consumption of sugary drinks to combat obesity?
- Is it ethical for schools to use metal detectors and conduct random searches of students' belongings?
- Should high school students be required to perform community service as part of their graduation requirements?
- Is the use of technology in the classroom, such as laptops and tablets, more helpful or harmful to learning?
- Should schools teach comprehensive sex education to high school students, including topics like consent and contraception?
- Is the death penalty an effective and just punishment for serious crimes?
- Should high school athletes be required to maintain a certain GPA to participate in sports?
- Is homeschooling a better educational option than traditional public or private schools?
- Should schools have a mandatory course on digital literacy and internet safety?
- Is the use of surveillance cameras in public places a violation of privacy rights?
Argumentative Essay Topics For O Levels
- Should religious education be mandatory in schools?
- Do children learn better through traditional teaching methods or the use of technology?
- Should the school curricula include more practical skills than theoretical knowledge?
- Is the internet a necessity or distraction for studying?
- Are violent video games responsible for violent behavior?
- Should school days be shorter to accommodate more activities?
- Does the availability of online resources improve educational standards?
- Is there enough emphasis on education in our society?
- Should schools provide healthier meal options for children?
- Are parents responsible for their child's educational outcomes?
Argumentative Essay Topics For College
- Should college athletes be paid for their participation in sports?
- Is online education as effective as traditional classroom learning for college students?
- Should colleges and universities implement affirmative action policies to increase diversity among students and faculty?
- Should college education be free?
- Should colleges have stricter policies against plagiarism and academic dishonesty?
- Is there a need for stronger gun control laws in the United States to prevent mass shootings on college campuses?
- Should college students be required to take courses in ethics and morality as part of their core curriculum?
- Is it ethical for colleges and universities to invest their endowment funds in industries such as fossil fuels or tobacco?
- Should colleges and universities eliminate standardized testing (SAT and ACT) as a requirement for admissions?
- Should the curriculum in colleges and universities be more focused on practical skills and job readiness?
Argumentative Essay Topics For University Students
- Is there a need for stricter regulations on social media platforms to protect user privacy and combat misinformation?
- Should universities implement quotas to increase diversity among students and faculty?
- Is artificial intelligence a threat to employment and job security for university graduates?
- Should universities adopt a pass/fail grading system instead of traditional letter grades?
- Is it ethical for universities to accept funding from industries with questionable environmental or ethical practices?
- Should universities require students to take courses on global citizenship and cultural competency?
- Is the use of animals in scientific research morally justifiable, and should it be allowed in universities?
- Should universities offer courses on cryptocurrency and blockchain technology?
- Should universities lower tuition fees to make education more accessible?
- Should universities be allowed to use affirmative action policies for admissions?
Argumentative Essay Topics For Kid
- Should students have a longer summer break?
- Should students be allowed to have a pet in their classroom?
- Is it better to read books in print or on a digital device?
- Should schools have a dress code?
- Is it important for kids to eat their vegetables every day?
- Is it better to have a longer or shorter school day?
- Should kids be allowed to have a TV or computer in their bedrooms?
- Is it important for kids to learn to play a musical instrument?
- Lunch break should be 1 hour long.
- Argue in favor of your favorite TV show or cartoon series.
Argumentative Essay Topics for Different Fields
Argumentative skills come in handy in almost every field or subject of study. Here are some good topics for a variety of subjects.
Mental Health Argumentative Essay Topics
- The Efficacy of Medication vs. Therapy in Treating Mental Health Disorders
- Is Involuntary Hospitalization Justified for Individuals with Severe Mental Illness?
- Should Mental Health Days Be Incorporated into Employment Benefits?
- The Influence of Genetics vs. Environment on Mental Health Disorders
- The Stigma of Mental Health: Should It Be Legally Addressed?
- Are Trigger Warnings in Educational Settings Helpful or Harmful for Mental Health?
- The Impact of Exercise and Nutrition on Mental Well-being
- Mandatory Reporting of Mental Health Issues: Protecting Society or Violating Privacy?
- The Legalization and Regulation of Psychedelics for Mental Health Treatment
- The Use of Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) in Severe Cases of Mental Illness.
Medical Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should Vaccinations Be Mandatory for All Children to Prevent Disease Outbreaks?
- The Ethics of Organ Transplants: Should Organs Be Sold to the Highest Bidder?
- Is Access to Healthcare a Fundamental Right or a Privilege?
- The Legalization and Regulation of Assisted Suicide for Terminally Ill Patients.
- The Impact of Fast Food and Junk Food Advertising on Childhood Obesity.
- Is Animal Testing Necessary for Medical Research or Should It Be Banned?
- Should Genetic Engineering and Designer Babies Be Allowed for Preventing Genetic Diseases?
- The Role of Alternative Medicine in Conventional Healthcare: Complementary or Controversial?
- Mental Health Parity: Should Insurance Companies Cover Mental Health Treatment Equally as Physical Health Treatment?
- The Use of Medical Marijuana for Pain Management and Treatment of Chronic Illnesses.
Argumentative Essay Topics On Technology
- Is Technology Making Us More or Less Socially Connected?
- Should Parents Limit Screen Time for Children to Prevent Digital Addiction?
- Is Artificial Intelligence (AI) a Threat to Human Employment?
- The Ethics of Data Privacy: Are Tech Companies Responsible for Protecting User Data?
- Should Schools Implement a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy?
- The Impact of Technology on Healthcare: Is Telemedicine an Effective Alternative to In-Person Care?
- Is Online Learning as Effective as Traditional Classroom Learning?
- The Role of Social Media in Influencing Political Opinion: Does It Promote Polarization?
- Should Autonomous Vehicles Be Allowed on the Roads, and What Are the Ethical Implications?
- Is Technology Making Us More Productive or More Distracted?
Argumentative Essay Topics On Social Media
- Is Social Media a Positive or Negative Influence on Society?
- The Impact of Social Media on Mental Health: Does It Lead to More Harm than Good?
- Should Parents Have the Right to Monitor Their Children's Social Media Activity?
- Is Social Media Responsible for the Spread of Fake News and Misinformation?
- Social Media and Free Speech: Should Platforms Regulate Content More Strictly?
- The Influence of Social Media on Political Engagement and Activism.
- Is Social Media Contributing to a Culture of Narcissism and Self-Obsession?
- The Role of Social Media in Cyberbullying: Should There Be Stricter Laws to Combat Online Harassment?
- The Ethics of Data Privacy: How Should Social Media Companies Handle User Information?
- Is Social Media Addiction a Real Concern, and What Measures Can Be Taken to Address It?
Political Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is Democracy the Best Form of Government, or Are There Alternatives?
- The Role of Money in Politics: Should There Be Stricter Campaign Finance Laws?
- Should the Electoral College System Be Reformed or Abolished in the United States?
- Is Voter ID Legislation Necessary to Prevent Election Fraud, or Does It Suppress Voting Rights?
- The Ethics of Lobbying: Is It a Vital Part of the Political Process or a Corrupting Influence?
- Immigration Policy: Should There Be a Pathway to Citizenship for Undocumented Immigrants?
- Universal Healthcare: Is It a Right, a Privilege, or Economically Infeasible?
- The Role of Social Media in Shaping Political Decisions and Public Opinion.
- Political Parties: Is two-party system better than a multi-party system?
- Environmental Policy: Should Governments Take More Aggressive Measures to Combat Climate Change?
Argumentative Essay Topics on International Relations & Foreign Policy
- The Role of the United Nations in Maintaining Global Peace and Security: Is It Effective or Ineffective?
- Should the United States Maintain Its Military Presence in Foreign Countries?
- Nuclear Proliferation: How Should the International Community Address the Threat of Nuclear Weapons?
- The Ethics of Humanitarian Interventions: Is Military Intervention in Cases of Genocide Justified?
- Global Trade and Tariffs: Are Protectionist Policies Harmful to the Global Economy?
- Refugee Crisis: Should Wealthy Countries Be Obligated to Accept More Refugees?
- Climate Change and International Cooperation: Can Nations Achieve Meaningful Agreements to Combat Climate Change?
- The Role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Shaping International Policy and Aid.
- Cybersecurity and International Relations: How Should Nations Respond to Cyber Attacks?
- Should International Sanctions Be Used as a Tool to Influence the Behavior of Rogue States?
History Argumentative Essay Topics
- The Significance of Christopher Columbus's Voyages: Celebratory Hero or Colonial Conqueror?
- The Justifiability of Dropping Atomic Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Was the American Revolution a Justified War for Independence or an Act of Rebellion?
- The Legacy of Colonialism: Should Nations That Engaged in Colonialism Offer Reparations?
- The Role of Women in the Suffrage Movement: Were Militant Tactics Justified or Counterproductive?
- The Historical Accuracy of the Founding Fathers' Intentions in Writing the U.S. Constitution.
- The Impact of the Vietnam War on U.S. Society and Politics: Was It Justifiable or a Grave Mistake?
- The Crusades: Holy Wars or Imperialistic Aggression?
- The Legacy of Slavery: Should the U.S. Government Offer Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved People?
- The Influence of Ancient Philosophers like Plato and Aristotle on Modern Political Thought: Beneficial or Outdated?
Social Argumentative Essay Topics
- Universal Healthcare: Is It a Basic Right or a Financial Burden?
- The Impact of Income Inequality on Society: Should There Be Wealth Redistribution Policies?
- Affirmative Action: Does It Promote Equality or Discrimination?
- Should Same-Sex Marriage Be Legalized Worldwide?
- The Criminal Justice System and Mass Incarceration: Does It Promote Rehabilitation or Recidivism?
- The Legalization of Drugs: Should All Drugs Be Decriminalized or Legalized?
- Education Inequality: How Can We Bridge the Achievement Gap?
- The Role of Social Media in Shaping Body Image and Self-Esteem: Is It Harmful or Empowering?
- Animal Rights: Should Animals Have the Same Legal Protections as Humans?
- The Impact of Technology on Social Isolation: Is It Bringing People Closer Together or Further Apart?
Argumentative Essay Topics About Education
- Standardized Testing: Is It an Effective Measure of Student Learning or an Overused Practice?
- Should Higher Education Be Free for All Eligible Students?
- The Role of Technology in the Classroom: Is It Enhancing or Distracting from Learning?
- The Value of Homework: Is It Beneficial or Detrimental to Student Achievement?
- School Vouchers: Should Parents Have the Option to Choose Their Child's School?
- The Importance of Arts and Music Education in Schools: Should It Be Prioritized or Reduced?
- Should Sex Education Be Taught in Schools, and If So, What Should It Include?
- The Impact of School Uniforms: Does It Improve Discipline and Academic Performance?
- Homeschooling vs. Traditional Schooling: Which Is More Effective?
- The Role of Critical Thinking and Creativity in Education: Are They Being Neglected in Modern Curriculum?
Good Argumentative Essay Topics for Debate
- The use of marijuana should be illegal. Yes or No?
- YouTube channel owners should edit foul language in the comments.
- Does freedom of speech give people the license to say hateful things?
- Can competitive behavior lead to issues in the long run?
- Should criminals get second chances?
- Ignorance is a blessing. Debate.
- Should the Death Penalty Be Abolished?
- Gun Control Laws: Should They Be Stricter or More Lenient?
- The Ethics of Cloning and Genetic Engineering.
- Is Censorship of Art and Media Ever Justified?
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should Abortion Be Legalized?
- The Legalization of Recreational Marijuana: Pros and Cons.
- Should Physician-Assisted Suicide Be a Legal Option for Terminally Ill Patients?
- Capital Punishment: Is It a Justifiable Form of Punishment or Inhumane?
- Is Affirmative Action Necessary to Address Historical Discrimination, or Does It Promote Reverse Discrimination?
- The Ethics of Animal Testing in Scientific Research.
- Should Hate Speech and Offensive Language Be Protected as Free Speech, or Should It Be Regulated?
- The Role of Religion in Public Schools: Should Prayer and Religious Symbols Be Allowed?
- The Right to Bear Arms: Should There Be Stricter Gun Control Laws?
- Genetic Engineering and Designer Babies: Is It Ethical to Manipulate Human DNA?
Fun Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should Video Games Be Considered a Sport?
- Are hot dogs better than burgers?
- The Influence of Memes on Modern Culture: Harmless Fun or Cultural Phenomenon?
- The Best Superpower: Flight vs. Invisibility.
- Cats vs. Dogs: Which Makes a Better Pet?
- Are Sneakers More Comfortable Than Sandals?
- Is Instagram a Valid Form of Artistic Expression?
- The Great Debate: Does Pineapple Belong on Pizza?
- Is Reading a Book Better Than Watching Its Movie Adaptation?
- The Impact of Reality TV Shows on Society: Entertainment or Trashy Distraction?
Sports Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should Performance-Enhancing Drugs in Professional Sports be Banned or Simply Regulated?
- Is American Football Too Dangerous for Youth Participation?
- The Ethics of Celebratory Gestures in Sports: Should Players Be Penalized for Excessive Celebrations?
- Should Women's and Men’s Sports Receive Equal Media Coverage and Funding?
- The Impact of Sports on Mental Health: Does Participation Improve Well-being?
- The Debate Over the Use of Instant Replay in Sports: Does It Enhance or Hinder Fair Play?
- Youth Sports: Are Parents and Coaches Putting Too Much Pressure on Young Professional Athletes?
- The Role of Sports in Promoting Social Change and Activism.
- Should Contact Sports Like Boxing and MMA Be Banned Due to Health Risks?
- Should Student-Athletes be Paid More?
Unique Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is Time Travel Theoretically Possible, and What Would Be Its Implications on Society?
- The Morality of Colonizing Mars: Should We Be Exploring Other Planets?
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Human Creativity: Is AI a Threat to Art and Innovation?
- Should Governments Implement a Universal Basic Income to Combat Poverty?
- The Role of Virtual Reality in Education: Will It Replace Traditional Classrooms?
- The Ethics of Editing Human DNA: Should We Be Pursuing Genetic Enhancement?
- The Existence of Parallel Universes: Scientific Theory or Science Fiction?
- Should Countries Consider Implementing a Four-Day Workweek for Better Work-Life Balance?
- The Consequences of Legalizing Psychedelics for Therapeutic and Recreational Use.
- The Influence of Internet Algorithms on Personalization vs. Polarization: Is It Dangerous?
Easy Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is there a possibility of someone being above the law?
- Capital punishment should be abolished for juvenile prisoners.
- Is climate change a man-made disaster or a natural cycle?
- Should Smoking Be Banned in All Public Places?
- Should Parents Be Held Legally Responsible for Their Child's Bullying Behavior?
- The Pros and Cons of Video Games for Children's Development.
- Are International Borders a Hindrance to Human Development?
- Is It Better to Shop Online or In-Person?
- Is It Ethical to Keep Animals in Zoos?
- Are Corporations Responsible for Environmental Damage?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Parents should have no control over the lives of their adult kids.
- Parents should not give smartphones to their kids.
- Religion and politics should be kept separate.
- Should the Legal Drinking Age Be Lowered to 18?
- The Benefits of Renewable Energy Sources: Why We Should Transition to Clean Energy.
- Is Mandatory Voting a Good Way to Improve Civic Participation?
- Is Online Dating a Better Way to Find Love Than Traditional Dating Methods?
- The Impacts of Volunteering: Why Everyone Should Give Back to Their Community.
- Should Plastic Bags Be Banned to Reduce Environmental Pollution?
- Is Financial Literacy More Important Now than Ever?
Check out these argumentative essay examples to get an idea of what kind of topics make strong argumentative essays.
How to Choose an Interesting Argumentative Essay Topic?
Argumentative essays require the writer to evaluate a topic, collect and generate evidence, and establish a position on the topic in a concise manner. Finding a topic for an argumentative essay can be challenging for students.
When choosing your topic, consider the following:
- Your interest: Selecting an argumentative essay topic that interests you can make the writing process much easier.
- Relevance: Choose a topic that is relevant to your course material and fits into the context of your assignment.
- Research Potential: Consider topics with enough research material available for you to support your argument.
- Debate Potential: Look for topics that have the potential to generate a lively debate. These topics will stir readers’ emotions and invoke discussion.
- Uniqueness: Choose topics that are unique and interesting to make your essay stand out from others.
Selecting a compelling argumentative essay topic is the first step toward crafting a persuasive and thought-provoking essay. The topic you choose should be debatable, inviting readers to engage in meaningful discussions and consider diverse viewpoints.
So, whenever you’re about to write an argumentative essay, take your time to choose the best topic.
Moreover, you can get exceptional essay writing help online from professional writers at MyPerfectWords.com.
Our expert writers tailor your essays to your specific needs and ensure that your paper is well-structured, backed by credible evidence, and adheres to academic standards. So contact our argumentative essay writing service now!
Nova A. (Literature, Marketing)
Nova Allison is a Digital Content Strategist with over eight years of experience. Nova has also worked as a technical and scientific writer. She is majorly involved in developing and reviewing online content plans that engage and resonate with audiences. Nova has a passion for writing that engages and informs her readers.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That’s our Job!
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
192 Free Ideas for Argumentative or Persuasive Essay Topics
Looking for a good argumentative essay topic? In need of a persuasive idea for a research paper? You’ve found the right page!
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for 13.00 10.40/page
Academic writing is never easy, whether it is for middle school or college. That’s why there are numerous educational materials on composing an argumentative and persuasive essay , for example. Here, at Custom Writing , we have collected tips and ideas for this type of paper to help you out. Regardless of your grade or year, you’ll find argumentative and persuasive writing topics.
Check out the full list of free argumentative & persuasive essay topics below.
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
✍️ Persuasive vs. Argumentative Essay Topics
- 🎓 Topics on Education
- 🏈 Topics on Sports
- 🔬 Topics on Science & Technology
- 🔥 Other Topics
- 🧑🤝🧑 Topics on Gender
- 📺 Topics on Media & Arts
- 🧭 Topics on Morality Questions
- 👍 Other Topics
- 📓 Writing Tips
🔝 top 10 argumentative & persuasive essay topics.
- Is human cloning immoral?
- Is it ethical to keep pets outside?
- Is euthanasia economically beneficial?
- Can animal hunting be justified?
- Prescription glasses should be free
- Should college be more accessible?
- Cybersport shouldn’t be considered a real sport
- Advertising targeted at children should be banned
- Should immigrants be deported in case of civil disobedience?
- Why cyberbullying is more harmful than traditional bullying
These two genres of an essay are often mistakenly used as synonyms. However, the difference between them is distinct and should be taken into account, depending on the assignment or your purpose.
A persuasive essay gives you a chance to defend your opinion, even if it is an emotional conviction. The aim is to express your point of view as the only correct option, regardless of the possible variants. Your speech can be emotional, yet supported by facts and proper explanation. One opposing point could be discussed, but you should decidedly refute it.
An argumentative essay is a more “polite” way to substantiate your thoughts. No emotions are relevant here. You are supposed to state your opinion and provide logical argumentation . Clear facts and evidence are a must. Then you shall dwell upon the possible controversies and opposing viewpoints. Your speech should sound tactful but reasonable and justified. As a rule, an in-depth research is required to make your point grounded.
Usually topics that are good for a persuasive essay would be perfect for an argumentative one as well. Only the methods of your expression should differ.
👌 Good Argumentative Essay Topics
Controversial issues are lying in wait for our attention in every aspect of our mental and physical lives. How can one tell that a topic is suitable for an argumentative essay? It can be a subject of an ardent quarrel. It shall be highly debatable, and the more possible points of view you can find, the better.
🎓 Argumentative Essay Topics on Education
- Would our world be a better place if college education was obligatory for all? Does the lack of education implicitly cause public conflicts? Should tuition fees be decreased, making higher education a norm rather than a luxury?
- Promotion night is too expensive to be a tradition. There have been classes that donated money saved for the prom for charity. Is all the preparation worth the effort? Could there be other ways of celebrating the end of the studies?
- If engineering students paid less for college than philologists, would more students opt for the former? Are theoretical specialists less important for society? What about other faculties: which do you consider a priority?
- Should the school day be prolonged?
- It is a must for parents to control their children’s marks .
- Parent-teacher meetings are ineffective as parents of the children who need attention the most never attend them.
- Bullying is a severe problem for middle school because teenagers are the most prone to it.
- Should pupils choose their specialization long before college?
- Creativity should be rewarded in studies more than it is now.
- Modern technologies have made cheating easy.
- Summer holidays are unreasonably too long.
- Does physical training improve academic progress?
- Sports and arts are a waste of time for high school students.
🏈 Argumentative Essay Topics on Sports
- Men’s sports are more aggressive than women’s. Discuss American football, soccer, and basketball , as well as other sports equally represented by both genders. Is the lack of aggressiveness make women’s sports less interesting for the spectators?
- Performance-enhancing drugs could give us new records . Despite their social stigma, regulated use could be efficient for professional athletes. Some records are unsurpassable without dope. What could be its effects on health?
- Why do some countries legally forbid betting on sports? It could draw more interest and investments into championships and competitions. Why is sports gambling considered as a negative practice?
- Should cheerleading be officially called a sport ?
- Not every famous athlete can be a professional coach .
- If American football is a high-injury sport, why is it so popular in schools and colleges?
- The Olympics pose too much burden on the host country.
- It is better to practice a specific kind of sport than attend PT lessons at school.
- Sports competitions are so popular only thanks to their sponsors.
- A career in professional sport is too short to be worth the hassle.
- New technologies will spur the creation of new kinds of sports.
- Colleges spend too much money on sports, which could have a better application.
- If a person leaves professional sports , it can destroy their health.
🔬 Argumentative Essay Topics on Science & Technology
- Soon, computers will disappear because everything that surrounds us will be a computer. Walls, tables, chairs, beds, and even road pavement will be digitized. Will our lives become more relaxed, or will technologies make it more stressful?
- Will s martphones ever become a part of the educational process? Many primary schools forbid the kids to bring their phones in class. Gadgets are considered a source of distraction . Is it going to change?
- Will robots steal jobs from people? Some futurologists fear that technologies will dominate low-intellectual jobs. People will do only the work that requires creativity and a certain human factor. Will the cheap workforce become cheaper or be eliminated? Will people become more educated to find employment?
- The time that should have been saved by technologies is wasted on their operation. There are so many gadgets and equipment in our life that we spend many hours looking after them. Is the Internet the biggest thief of time?
- Video surveillance is everywhere. Does it violate the rights of privacy?
- Books VS tablets: will the former survive against the latter?
- At what age should children start having their smartphones ?
- Online studies are for the poor.
- Is television becoming a thing of the past?
- The educational potential of video games is unexplored yet.
- In a decade or two, paper documents will become souvenirs of the past.
- Cars with autopilot technology are more dangerous than traditional ones.
- Will technologies ever make wars pointless?
- Do gadgets make children lonely ?
🔥 Other Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should animals be used for scientific and medical research ?
- Do we need privately run prisons?
- Should death penalty be mandatory for all murderers, or should they spend the rest of their life in prison?
- Do we have the right to exhume bodies of prominent people and move them from one place to another?
- Should Russians finally bury Lenin?
- Better naked, than in furs? Where’s the line in protecting the animal rights ?
- Was Saddam Hussein’s execution an essential point in establishing democracy in Iraq ?
- Should men be allowed to have more than one wife?
- Plastic surgery: a way to promote beauty or destroy it?
- In some Asian countries cutting off a thief’s right hand is still commonly practiced. Do you think this is the best way out?
- Talk about any major issue ( abortion , Iraq, Afghanistan, marijuana legalization, etc.).
- Say why talking about major issues (abortion, Iraq, Afghanistan, marijuana legalization , etc.) all the time not only lessens their importance, but even evokes irritation.
- How atheists and religious people should exercise tolerance with each other because it is a right?
- Was the “ sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll ” era significant, or not?
- Prove that free bagels with sour cream stimulate brain activity.
- A maniac killed 15 little girls and was sentenced to death. One of the local TV stations was asked by the parents of victims to show his execution . The channel gave its agreement, but the transmission was later cancelled. Give your opinion on this situation.
- Vegetarians vs. meat eaters. Whose side are you on? Support your argument.
- Why talking about sex is okay, but talking about cheating is embarrassing?
- Do you agree that there is art for the masses, and elite culture? How do you feel about being among “the masses”? Or do you consider yourself to be a part of the “elites” in this regard?
- If you do not belong among “the masses”, what do you think about The Black Square by Kazimir Malevich ?
- Is it appropriate to replace meeting in real life by online dating ? Social media provides this option for everyone so that it is easy to send a message and do nothing more.
- Should immigrants be given a full range of rights likewise the citizens of a particular country? The processes of globalization make people move and seek for a better life, thus making the problem of immigrants’ rights essential.
- It is not a secret that the majority of crimes concerning children happen at night. Should we introduce a curfew with regards to minors?
- Do you believe that a man and a woman can be best friends without being lovers? Keep in mind that in this case, both of them are heterosexual.
- Convince your readers that cross-cultural marriages promote racial tolerance. Provide the examples of media or your own experience.
- Among good topics to write about, there is the role of lifelong learning in career development. Clarify whether such learning benefits employees or not.
- Come up with vivid arguments to demonstrate that women tend to commit less crime rather than men.
- Single-parent children have fewer chances to avoid doing crimes. What are the main behavioral changes that distinguish them from children with both parents?
- Homeschooling leads to isolation and further depression. Give your opinion on this situation.
- Do you agree that financial rewards and employee loyalty theme is appropriate for college essay topics?
- Is it ethical to legalize euthanasia regarding a patient and his or her family and friends?
- There is no good and no evil . Every action may be considered good or bad depending on a situation and the accompanying factors.
- Reveal your attitudes regarding happiness and selfishness. Can selfish people be happy? Provide fresh examples.
- Music and art proved to be beneficial for prisoners . Should we use them as a means to treat recidivists and serial killers?
- Discuss your perceptions of domestic violence . Ponder over the notion, the process, and the consequences of this issue. Identify your position and state whether you reject or accept domestic violence based on good arguments.
- Illegal immigrants are one of the leading problems in many countries. Should they be judged in their own country or in the one they unlawfully worked?
- Prove that the global political process is fair (and vice versa). Nowadays politics cause plenty of controversies, and it is vital for everyone to have a strong position.
- Do you believe that sex education is a proper way to address teenage pregnancy ? Taking into account that sex education becomes quite widespread , can it eliminate the cases of early pregnancy in teenagers?
- Should parents be obliged to give their permission to their teenage children to buy contraceptives?
- Explain why people should preserve old buildings and monuments, especially those located in small towns and rural areas? This persuasive essay may link to the initiatives of UNESCO.
- Among the good topics to write about, it is possible to note the impact of violent video games . Prove that they cause the reduced compassion to victims and may lead to misconduct in real life.
- Do you think that the closed nature of North Korea presents threats to the global society? Focus on the recent events and tendencies occurring worldwide.
- Revolution on Euromaidan. Should Ukraine reconcile with the annexation of Crimea by Russia or not?
- Finstagram and Rinstagram are becoming more and more popular among teenagers. Should they use social media to hide their lives from parents?
- Many people believe that media affects the image of a female body negatively. Is it correct or not?
- In your argumentative paper, provide some points that illustrate the fact that Congress members are to have term limits.
- Consider the situation with marijuana that legalized in some states . Do you believe that it would increase drug addiction or not?
- Passive smoking effects are quite harmful to a human body to say nothing about annoyance when someone smokes near you. Prove that smoking should be banned in public places .
- Should the law prohibit the use of mobile phones while driving a car ? On the one hand, many accidents occur because of a driver’s inattentiveness. On the other hand, cell phones may be quite helpful while finding a required location or calling to a husband and asking about children.
- Is it critical to include calories in a menu for restaurants , or it is relevant only for those who are on a diet?
- The introduction of pre-employment drug tests is likely to violate an individual’s rights to privacy. Agree or disagree.
- Do you believe that cameras located in public places should be regarded as privacy violation?
- Our media and social networks are full of news about celebrities . Is it appropriate to pay so much attention to their lives instead of focusing on social issues and a common good?
- Prove that media promotes unrealistic views in teenagers. Affected by media reports and propaganda, they are likely to be led by marketing strategies and buy every product they see.
- Should parents control the use of the Internet by their child ? Is it morally acceptable and legally correct?
- Prove the contracting nature of the contemporary Chinese economy on the rest of the world. Things to argue about are the global market and industries.
- The rights of homosexual couples are still not thoroughly followed in many countries and states. Should same-sex marriages be legalized across the world?
- Students are partially responsible for their grades . Should teachers be blamed for students’ low test scores?
- Churches have to pay taxes. As a part of a state, they should be involved in a taxation system and support the budget. Provide your opinion.
- The rapid technology development is dangerous to people, and robots may seize control over the planet. Agree or disagree.
🤩 Great Persuasive Essay Topics
Looking for good persuasive speech topics, think well about your values and mindset. If you are definitely sure in such or another statement, this will be the best topic for a persuasive essay. Usually, these topics are about social issues, because persuasive essay includes the emotional side of your conviction.
🧑🤝🧑 Persuasive Essay Topics on Gender
- Is the difference between men and women dictated by cultural or physiological reasons? Is masculine physical strength so important when we are thinking about the current needs of humanity? Then why do the patriarchal views still reside in our heads?
- Are boys’ feeling less intense or deep than girls’ ones? Do we educate boys to understand and show fewer emotions? Or is it their inherent trait?
- Is gender equality achievable? Is the current state of affairs caused by a lack of effort in this direction? Which means are the most efficient in providing equal rights for all? Is the advanced society already aware of the problem existing between the genders?
- A victim of sexual abuse should not be blamed for weak resistance.
- Gender-neutral education should be promoted at primary schools.
- Sexist advertisement objectifies women.
- Are gender roles being blurred in the course of world history?
- Women also contribute to misogyny .
- Men are irrationally afraid of feminism postulates.
- Should domestic chores be paid in order to defeat gender inequality?
- Why is feminism stigmatized?
- Would a baby be equally happy with his mother or father in a maternity/ paternity leave ?
- The conflict between work and home is inevitable for women.
- What would our society look like without gender roles ?
📺 Persuasive Essay Topics on Media & Arts
- Television promotes gender stereotypes , although less than a decade ago. Advertisements of domestic appliances show women doing housework and raising children, while men advertise luxury cars and large-scale business.
- The media are talking too much about political issues . Thus the media are making these matters more important for ordinary people than they really are. There are more important things to discuss than politics .
- Today the principal value of art resides in its meaning. Previously the meaning was less critical, but the form was in focus. Lack of attention to form makes some of the modern art “ugly” and appalling.
- Art is growing to be digital. Nobody will use paints and brushes soon.
- Musical education is vital for the intellectual development of a child.
- Art turned out to be very important during the quarantine lockout.
- Globalization has eliminated regional trends in art.
- Does art reflect the world or create new worlds?
- Do you think pop art was influential in American culture?
- The purpose of the news is to be objective.
- Any photo can be edited, so it is not 100% evidence anymore.
- Ancient art was too photographic.
- Every educated person should be able to keep the conversation about arts.
🧭 Persuasive Essay Topics on Morality Questions
- Our beloved ones need their personal space . What does personal space comprise? If one partner controls the expenses and the time out of the house of the other, is it a violation of the rule?
- Can happiness coexist with poverty ? Is there a line below which happiness is impossible? What are the basic needs of a person to be happy?
- A compromise means that both opponents will not get what they want. Which aspects of life require agreements? What are your feelings about the need to trade-off? Is it a good trait of character to be ready for a compromise?
- It is unfair to consider egoism as a lousy feature of the character. Think of situations where moderate egoism could show a positive outcome. If everyone thought of their own profit, would the economy benefit from it?
- It is better to have bad parents for a child than to be an orphan.
- Parents should not read the diaries of their children.
- Our mind is irrational, and our thoughts have no structure.
- Are sexual relationships possible between friends?
- Are all people unique , or are they basically the same?
- Abuse of power is inadmissible even if good aims are pursued.
- Should you intervene if parents are poorly treating their child in a public place ?
- Obscene words bear negative energy, which is transferred from the speaker to the listener.
- We should make love words rarer to make them trustworthy.
- Diligence without talent is a waste of time.
👍 Other Persuasive Essay Topics
- Do you want to have a cosmetic surgery ? Why or why not?
- Is it important to talk openly about the contraception ?
- Which country has the prettiest girls?
- Prove that blondes are actually smart.
- Do you agree that the international image of the USA has been negatively affected by numerous wars ?
- There is an opinion that Daewoos are not cars at all. Are they?
- What do you think about gay marriage ?
- Why driving is permitted from the age of 16, shooting in porn movies from the age of 18 and gambling from the age of 21? Is this right?
- Is it helpful to be skeptical towards anything?
- What do you think about the negative public opinion on thongs and bra straps?
- You’ve got to be kidding! You’ve gotten this far and you still haven’t found the argument essay topic that’s right for you? You’re a real topic enthusiast!
- Your friend is concerned about her grades . Even though they are good, she still stays awake for half of the night getting the assignments and extra credit work ready. Convince your friend that wearing herself out is not the best idea.
- When you moved to this town, it was relatively small. Now that it’s expanding, your parents consider moving to a calmer place. You, however, have friends here that you don’t want to leave. Talk to your parents about the necessity of staying.
- A friend of yours, a skinny girl, thinks that she needs to lose a few pounds. Tell her why losing more weight will only damage her health.
- Your friend is failing his finals. If he doesn’t pass, he’ll be expelled from the university . His studies mean a lot to him, but he’s feeling depressed and doesn’t want to do anything. Renew his faith into himself by persuading him/her to study.
- As a result of political instabilities, a local political organization reacts severely to federal government activity. It plans to throw an act of protest. You know that this endeavor might be dangerous. Your friend, however, is inspired and wants to join. Tell him about possible consequences of getting into an organization or movement that is not trustworthy or highly radical.
- Your mom is not happy with an outfit or makeup that you are wearing for a school dance. Try to calm her down.
- You think that school uniform destroys your individuality. Write a persuasive letter to your principal.
- You are tired of news on TV . They all tell you about the number of victims in the Middle East. Tell why it is unethical for journalists to make money on deaths and war.
- Cheating and lying can sometimes be helpful. Convince your readers by giving bright examples.
- Prove that living in a big city is better than living in a small town (and vice versa) .
- Convince your parents to buy you something.
- Your friends want to go dancing; however, all week you’ve been thinking about bowling. Try to persuade them to go to a bowling club instead.
- You share a room with your younger sister. She has put a poster of Justin Bieber onto the wall, and now you feel like an absolutely humiliated person. Tell her why this poster has to be taken off.
- Take any common fallacy (like the one that wolves attack people all the time), and prove why it is wrong.
- You have your own point of view on marriage and family . Convince your readers why it is correct.
- You want to go study abroad , and there are a number of reasons why you should take someone with you. Persuade a friend of yours to go study abroad with you.
- Your little sister doesn’t want to help you and your Mom around the house. Give her reasons why she has to do it.
- The book you’ve just finished is absolutely fantastic. Explain to your family member/friend why it is so good. Try to persuade him/her to read it, too.
- A history teacher thinks that showing the movie Pearl Harbor will be sufficient to cover the material on World War II. Prove that you are eager to know more than this, and explain why it’s important to learn the lessons of the past.
- Tell why it is important to know more than one foreign language .
- Imagine that you are a person directing TV shows and monitoring them. Do you have the responsibility to be more diverse than earlier? Should you include people of different ages, races, and gender in your TV shows to ensure diversity awareness in the viewers?
- You are a parent of two teenage daughters who seem to be hiding something from you. The laptop of one of them has no password, and you can easily access it when all family members are out of the home. Would you view her messages to understand her secrets?
- As a homosexual person with the permanent partner, you want to adopt a child. The challenges encountered by you are overwhelming and discriminating. Provide arguments showing that same-sex couples should have the same procedure of fostering a child as traditional families.
- After playing six hours in a row in a famous video game, you feel aggressiveness and a desire to quarrel with somebody. List arguments to prove some negative impact of such games that, probably, depends on the time spent playing.
- Your sister is a vegetarian , and she promotes the same eating habits in her 4-year-old son since his birth. You see that the boy is dystrophic and passive compared to his peers. Convince your sister that there is a need to visit a nutritionist and change the child’s eating patterns.
- The preparation of a survival plan to an emergency situation is a must-have. Harvey and Irma showed that every family should have a survival plan.
- Religious freedom is a myth. It is impossible to ensure that everyone is free in choosing religion.
- In your debate essay, prove that lesbian mothers and gay fathers do not promote deviant behaviors in their children.
- Think about the arguments that you can state in favor of a mandatory certification of the future parents. Special courses are to be completed before becoming parents to have a clear vision of how to care for a child.
- There is a need to prohibit biological and nuclear weapons to protect the world from irreversible damage to people and environment.
📓 Argumentative & Persuasive Essays: Writing Tips
🗺️ planning the essay.
- What is your opinion? Decide which side of the problem you would like to adhere to and why. It is important to be confident in your opinion as your purpose will be reassuring your readers.
- Who will read your essay? Knowing your reader is half of the success. Think of what their opinion on the problem could be. Would they agree with you or not?
- Research is essential. Be it an argumentative or persuasive essay, only facts and evidence will help you speak convincingly.
- Choose the format. What is expected from you: tactfulness and respect to the conflicting views (then it needs to be an argumentative essay), or assertiveness, and emotional speech (in this case, opt for a persuasive essay)?
📝 Writing the Essay
- Your opinion should sound expertly and confidently.
- Hooks in the introduction part will help you catch the reader’s interest.
- Avoid vague statements without substantiation.
- The conclusion is your last word to convince the reader. Restate your opinion, recalling your principal argument.
🗓️ Outline Example for a Persuasive Essay
- Grab the reader’s attention with a hook. What is the most exciting thing about your topic?
- Give background information about the topic. What will help the reader understand your argument better?
- State the conflict in a short but meaningful phrase. Use an informative speech thesis statement generator to come up with a concise and informative piece.
The Main Part
- Dedicate the first paragraph to the most persuasive argument in favor of your opinion. If applicable, give one counter-argument and immediately discredit it.
- In the second paragraph, describe all the other relevant arguments. Keep your speech coherent and concise.
- In an argumentative essay, the third paragraph shall be dedicated to the opposing point of view. Why does it have the right to exist, and why don’t you agree with it? In a persuasive essay, the third paragraph is more like the first two, where you are supposed to argue your opinion.
Give the essence of your discourse here. The conclusion is your last chance to convince the reader. Find the most powerful words to summarize your arguments. You can finish your piece of writing, highlighting the importance of your point of view and the topic in general.
You might also be interested in:
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- Best Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- 197 Inspirational & Motivational Argumentative Essay Topics
- Great Persuasive & Argumentative Essay on Divorce
- Gun Control Essay: How-to Guide + Argumentative Topics
- Proposal Essay Topics and Ideas – Easy and Interesting
- Free Exemplification Essay Examples
🤔 Argumentative & Persuasive Essay FAQ
An argumentative essay is an academic paper discussing a highly controversial issue from two or more points of view. The author should adhere to one of the possible opinions as a result of such a discussion.
Any debatable problem could be a good topic . Here are some examples:
- Global heating
- Genetic engineering
- Technology VS humanity
- Thoughtful parenting
- World leadership
A persuasive essay shall show your emotional opinion about a problem. Therefore, a good persuasive essay topic needs to raise issues of morality, politics, sociology, or any other aspect of life that raises a strong emotional response.
- Write down and argument outline: why is your question debatable? It will be your introduction.
- Select the opinion you support. It will be your first paragraph.
- Give one or several opposing views in the second paragraph.
- Sum it up, stating your opinion once again.
- Writing a Research Paper: UW-Madison Writing Center
- Argumentative Essay: The Persuasive Argument: Western Illinois University
- Argumentative Essays: Purdue Online Writing Lab
- How to Write an Argumentative Essay: a Step-by-Step Guide by Virginia Kearney
- How to Write a Good Argumentative Essay Introduction: Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay: Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Social issues in America: the Library of Congress catalog
- Global Issues Overview: the United Nations
- 6 GLOBAL ISSUES TO WATCH IN 2019: the United Nations
- Introduction to Persuasive Speaking: Lumen
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Thank you. This will help.
Thank you, Summer 🙂
Much appreciated for your kind words, Carroll 🙂
You are welcome
And here is one more post about argumentative papers: 30 Best Argumentative Research Paper Topics
You’re totally right, Oliver! Thank you for the help.
Happy to hear it 🙂
These ideas are helpful, but I can’t do any of these because they are a little too inappropriate. 🙁
True, I’m looking for one for my school project, and none of this can work for me.
Could you tell us more about your school project? Perhaps we can help 🙂
Thanks for the feedback, Kass! But why do you think the ideas are inappropriate?
It’s totally helpful and the ideas are quite amazing. Thanks!
Thanks for your kind words, Shane! Glad you liked them. Come back for more 🙂
This website has many persuasive topics that I would’ve never thought of; it helped me a lot!
Thanks for such kind words!
Recommended for You
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics: 285 Simple Ideas for 2023
A persuasive speech on any topic is a performance designed to convince people about something and prove your point. Choosing a suitable topic is crucial for your speech’s success. Do you need some help with finding easy topics for a persuasive speech? Then check these fantastic and easy ideas from...
Good Informative Speech Topics: How to Get Thunders of Applause
Do you know the secret place where people go to get their good informative speech topics? Looking for an interesting topic for speech? Congratulations, because you’ve just found it! So, if you’re ready to get some really good topics for an informative speech, all you need to do is to...
348 Interesting Proposal Essay Topics and Ideas for 2023
A proposal argument is an essay in which you describe a specific issue that needs fixing. It focuses on problem solutions. Are you interested in writing high-quality proposal essays? Or maybe you’re wondering what can make your writing truly outstanding? Here you will find answers to these questions as well...
217 Motivational & Inspirational Essay Topics
Sometimes you just wish there was a marketplace with vendors shouting, “Topics for argument essays! Who wants inspirational topics to write about?” Well, you are lucky enough: you’ll find plenty of inspiring things here! Coming up with some argument essay topics is quite easy! In this article, you’ll find some...
260 Controversial Debate Topics and Questions for Discussion
Are you searching for original, thought-provoking, and really controversial debate topics? Here they are! Selecting any of these 25 controversial topics for debate from Custom-writing.org, you can guarantee a heated dispute in class or exciting polemics with your friends. But first, let’s figure it out, what is debate and how you should pick up great...
Memorable Event in School Essay: Writing Tips + Ideas
Perhaps, each person has unforgettable memories of school life. It might be their first day when everything seemed to be exciting and unknown. Or it might be some picnic or trip when they spent a great day outside with their classmates. Writing a high school experience essay requires you to...
Persuasive Essay Writing
Persuasive Essay Topics
200+ Persuasive Essay Topics That Are Sure To Hook Readers
18 min read
Published on: Jan 4, 2023
Last updated on: Aug 8, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Are you struggling with the challenge of finding a gripping topic for your persuasive essay?
Many students find themselves stuck when it comes to selecting a thought-provoking subject that will truly captivate their readers.
But fear not!
In this guide, we have curated over 200 persuasive essay topics that will ignite your spark for persuasive writing.
Say goodbye to the frustration of searching for the perfect persuasive essay topic.
Let's dive in and find the ideal topic for your persuasive essay!
Unique Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
At some point in your student career, you will have to write a persuasive essay. If you're not interested in the topic or can't think of any good ideas, this task can be very difficult!
However, we've gathered some unique and interesting topics for students. So, regardless of what class this assignment is due for, there will be something that piques your interest.
Let's get the ball rolling on these persuasive essay topics examples.
Your first order with us is FREE!
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 4
- Should students have longer recess time during the school day?
- Is it important for students to have a pet in their household?
- Should students be allowed to choose their own bedtime?
- Is it better to have homework or no homework in elementary school?
- Should students be required to wear school uniforms?
- Is it important to have healthy snacks available in the school cafeteria?
- Should students be allowed to use cell phones in school?
- Is it necessary to have a class pet in every classroom?
- Should students be allowed to bring toys or gadgets to school?
- Is it better to have longer summer vacations or shorter but more frequent breaks during the school year?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in school?
- Is it important to have mandatory physical education classes every day?
- Should students be allowed to choose their own books for reading assignments?
- Is it necessary to include computer programming in elementary school?
- Should students be given more responsibility in the classroom?
- Is it important for schools to have a dress code policy?
- Should students be allowed to have a say in planning school field trips?
- Should students be taught about money management in school?
- Is it important for schools to have a recycling program
- How can you promote environmental awareness among your class fellows?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- How can technology help improve the education system?
- Should school curriculums focus more on life skills than academics?
- Is it important for schools to provide mental health resources for students?
- Should the school day start later than it currently does?
- Is school uniform a must in order to increase discipline among students?
- Should the use of cell phones be allowed in class?
- Should exams be replaced by other forms of assessment?
- Is the current grading system beneficial for all students?
- Could playing violent video games negatively influence students' mental health?
- Should students be allowed to choose their own topics for research projects?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Should students be required to wear uniforms in school?
- Should the school day start later than it currently does?
- Should schools offer healthier food options for lunch?
- Is there too much emphasis on standardized testing in our education system today?
- How can we make sure that all students receive a good education?
- Should homework be abolished in primary schools?
- Is cheating in exams ever justified?
- Is homeschooling an effective way to educate children?
- Are there any advantages to online learning compared to traditional classroom learning?
- Is it important for all students to learn a foreign language?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Should the use of cell phones be allowed in class?
- Are video games beneficial or detrimental to students' education?
- Should students be allowed to choose their own topics for research projects?
- What are some alternatives to homework that can benefit student development?
- How can we make sure that all students receive a good education?'
- Should students have more access to technology in the classroom?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Should students be allowed to have part-time jobs while attending school?
- Is it important for schools to teach comprehensive sex education?
- Should students be allowed to create their own curriculum?
- Should schools implement stricter dress codes to promote a more professional environment?
- Is it important for schools to have a zero-tolerance policy for bullying?
- Should students be required to participate in community service?
- Should students be allowed to use their personal laptops or tablets in the classroom?
- Is it important for schools to offer classes on mental health and emotional well-being?
- Is it necessary for schools to provide more opportunities for physical exercise and sports?
- Should schools eliminate homework and assign more project-based learning tasks instead?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- Should students have the right to choose their classes in school?
- Are standardized tests an accurate measure of a student's knowledge and ability?
- Is gun control an effective way to stop mass shootings in schools?
- Should the government provide free higher education?
- What is the most effective way to reduce or prevent teenage pregnancy?
- Are dress codes in educational institutions useful or unnecessary?
- Should schools take steps to limit bullying and cyberbullying?
- What measures should be taken to ensure equal access to technology for all students?
- Should students be allowed to use their own devices in the classroom?
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Should universities provide free tuition and textbooks to all students?
- Do college admissions standards place too much emphasis on standardized testing?
- Are internships an effective way to gain valuable work experience?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Is the current student loan system fair and effective?
- Should universities have stricter policies when it comes to alcohol consumption on campus?
- What measures should be taken to reduce or prevent sexual harassment on college campuses?
- Should colleges and universities require all students to take a diversity course?
- Do college rankings accurately reflect the quality of an educational institution?
- Is it beneficial for universities to provide online courses and degrees?
Persuasive Essay Topics for University
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Is the current system of student loans fair?
- Should there be stricter gun control laws in place?
- Are standardized tests a reliable measure of intelligence and knowledge?
- Should universities provide more employment opportunities for graduates?
- Should universities provide free tuition to low-income students?
- Is there a need for stricter regulations in the fashion industry?
- Does religion have any place in college campuses?
- Do social media influencers help or hurt young people’s self-esteem?
- Should the school eliminate homework assignments altogether?
Persuasive Topics for Adults
- Should adults be required to participate in regular physical fitness activities?
- Is it necessary for adults to adopt a plant-based diet for improved health?
- Should adults be encouraged to prioritize mental health through regular meditation?
- Should adults be obliged to undergo regular financial literacy training?
- Is it essential for adults to engage in community service for societal well-being?
- Should adults be encouraged to prioritize face-to-face interactions?
- Is it important for adults to actively participate in local elections?
- Should adults be educated about the environmental impact of their daily choices?
- Is it necessary for adults to have regular health check-ups?
- Should adults be encouraged to continue their education through lifelong learning opportunities?
Having trouble forming a perfect persuasive essay outline ? Follow this link to learn how to craft a perfect structure.
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics from Different Fields
Students have to draft a plethora of assignments for their academics. When there are several assignments due, it becomes impossible to spend much time on one task.
As the selection process of an essay topic is time taking, the professional essay writers of WriteMyEssay.help have gathered some good persuasive essay topics for you.
Choose from the variety of topics provided below and draft an essay to inspire your audience.
- Should museums receive public funding?
- How can the government promote local art and culture?
- Is it important to preserve historical sites and monuments?
- Does censorship in the arts restrict creativity or protect vulnerable people?
- Is there a place for rap music in our culture?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of displaying modern art in public places?
- Should people be allowed to publicly perform their own works of art?
- What is the value of traditional theater in our society today?
- How can we encourage more people to attend classical music concerts?
- Is there a way to use technology to improve the quality of live music performances?
- What would be the impact on the economy if all college students refused to pay back their student loans?
- How can small businesses be helped to grow and succeed in a struggling economy?
- What is the best way to stimulate economic growth?
- Does our current economic system benefit the majority of people?
- Is capitalism responsible for the growing gap between rich and poor?
- Should the government provide more assistance to unemployed citizens?
- Would a basic income guarantee help solve some of our economic problems?
- Is globalization responsible for increasing poverty around the world?
- Are large corporations too powerful and detrimental to the economy?
- Should the government tax businesses more in order to reduce income inequality?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Education
- Should school provide free meals to all students?
- Is a college education necessary for success in life?
- Should the school year be extended to help struggling students catch up?
- Should students receive grades for attendance in school?
- How can schools improve the quality of their teaching?
- Should standardized testing be abolished?
- Are single-sex schools more beneficial for students than coed schools?
- Is it beneficial for educational institutions to use technology in the classroom?
- Should every educational institution offer vocational courses along with academic classes?
- What measures should be taken to ensure that students from all backgrounds can access quality education?
- What is the most important ethical consideration in business?
- Are there certain industries that are more ethically challenging than others?
- How do we determine what is and isn't ethical in the digital age?
- Is it ever okay to break the law for ethical reasons?
- How do we handle difficult moral decisions in the workplace?
- Can ethics be taught, or is it something that comes naturally?
- Is there a difference between personal and professional ethics?
- Should corporations be held to the same ethical standards as individuals?
- What happens when businesses make unethical decisions?
- How can we create a more ethically responsible workplace culture?
Government and Politics
- Is it beneficial for the government to fund space exploration?
- What rights do we have as citizens?
- How much should the government interfere in our personal lives?
- Is capitalism really the best economic system?
- Should the government provide healthcare for all citizens?
- How important is education to a functioning democracy?
- Does the media have too much power over our politicians?
- Are taxes too high or too low in America?
- Can we trust our politicians to make decisions in our best interests?
- How can we make our government more effective and accountable to its citizens?
Struggling to start your persuasive essay? Take a look at these “ persuasive essay examples ” for some inspiring ideas!
Struggling to start your persuasive essay? Take a look at these “ persuasive essay examples ” for some inspiring ideas!
- Is it necessary for everyone to have health insurance in order to receive medical care?
- Should the government provide free or discounted medical services for low-income families?
- What steps can be taken to reduce obesity among children?
- Is it beneficial to legalize the sale of organs for transplantation?
- Should pharmaceutical companies be allowed to advertise prescription drugs directly to consumers?
- Is it necessary for healthcare professionals to have cultural competency training?
- What measures should be taken to improve mental health services in schools?
- Are alternative therapies effective in treating various medical conditions?
- Should junk food be banned from schools?
- What steps can be taken to reduce the consumption of fast food?
- Should historical events be taught in school from multiple perspectives?
- Was the Treaty of Versailles an effective measure to prevent future wars?
- How has colonialism impacted modern society?
- Does studying history help people understand current events better?
- Is it important to preserve historic sites and monuments?
- Is it justifiable to rewrite history by removing parts that are no longer considered politically correct?
- How effective were the civil rights movements of the 20th century?
- Should textbooks be rewritten to include more accurate information about historical events?
- Was the Industrial Revolution beneficial for society in the long run?
- How can societies learn from past mistakes and avoid repeating them?
- Why is computer science the most valuable subject in academics?
- Should animal testing be banned?
- Medical reasons why you shouldn’t use cell phones
- Can vaccines cause autism in kids?
- Human activities that are a cause of climate change
- Is it moral to clone animals and humans?
- How can species be prevented from going extinct?
- Can alternative energy replace fossil fuels?
- Significance and consequences of artificial intelligence
- Should medical marijuana be used in medicines?
Here are some sports persuasive essay topics for college athletes:
- Should college athletes be paid for their services?
- Should doping in sports be punished more severely?
- Are the current rules of professional sports too restrictive?
- Is it beneficial to introduce physical education courses in all schools?
- Is it necessary to limit the time children spend playing video games?
- Are the United States more proactive in promoting healthier lifestyles?
- Should professional athletes receive mandatory drug testing?
- Are competitive sports beneficial for children’s physical and mental health?
- Is it necessary to have a complete ban on violence in sports?
- Do professional athletes deserve the high salaries they are paid?
- Should the government impose more regulations on the use of artificial intelligence?
- Should employers be allowed to monitor their employees’ emails and internet usage?
- Is it beneficial to have driverless cars on the roads?
- Is it necessary for people to be able to disconnect from technology in order to remain productive?
- Are social media companies doing enough to protect user privacy?
- What measures should be taken to reduce cyberbullying among children?
- Is it beneficial for society to embrace the use of robots in various occupations?
- Should technological devices be banned from classrooms?
- How can we ensure that technology does not become a distraction for students?
- How can we ensure that the development of new technologies does not lead to job losses?
These are just a few persuasive essay topics related to technology that you can write about. With technology constantly improving, you'll never run out of ideas for your essay!
The topics below are just a few examples of social media persuasive essay topics.
- Should there be restrictions placed on who is allowed to use social media platforms?
- Is it beneficial for young people to take a break from using social media?
- What measures can be taken to prevent cyberbullying on social media platforms?
- Should employers be allowed to monitor their employees’ social media accounts?
- How can we ensure that information shared online is reliable and accurate?
- Is it beneficial for businesses to advertise on social media platforms?
- What measures should be taken to reduce the effects of “fake news” on social media?
- Should the government impose more regulations on how social media companies operate?
- Are children’s privacy rights adequately protected when using social media networks?
- What measures should be taken to reduce online addiction among young people?
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Does the letter grading system provide a clear-cut way of measuring student achievement?
- Sex education in school reduces the rates of teenage pregnancies. Discuss.
- Is paying more taxes help reduce income inequality and poverty?
- Eating meat is a healthy and balanced diet. Discuss.
- Why do animals make the best pets?
- Should year-round schooling be adopted in place of traditional school systems?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- What are the potential economic implications of legalizing marijuana?
- Is it right to restrict immigration based on religion or race?
- Is animal testing necessary for medical advancements?
Fun Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should students be allowed to bring their pets to class?
- Should you be able to take a nap in school?
- Is it okay for teachers to give homework over the weekend?
- Should teachers have to wear uniforms as students do?
- Should students have to do a chore every day in school?
- Should the “five-second rule” apply to dropped food in class?
- Would it be beneficial if all teachers had an official sidekick?
- Should class take place on roller coasters instead of in classrooms?
- Should there be a prize awarded for the most creative answer in class?
- Should students be allowed to bring their own food to school?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the minimum wage be increased?
- Is gun control an effective way to reduce crime?
- Should healthcare be provided for all citizens?
- Are standardized tests a reliable measure of student performance?
- Should genetic engineering be used to modify food products?
- Is the use of animal fur for clothing unethical?
- Should fracking be allowed in areas with a lot of seismic activity?
- Are there any benefits to legalizing recreational drugs?
- Should government funding be provided for space exploration programs?
- Should climate change be taken more seriously by governments?
Mentioned above are potential topics for your persuasive essay. If you want to know how to outline a persuasive essay , just click the link.
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
If you have no idea where to start your persuasive essay , decide on the topic by taking the following steps.
Identify Your Interests and Passion
Are you interested in or passionate about certain ideas and concepts? Try choosing a topic that reflects your interest.
It will let you gather strong supporting evidence and talk about the topic more convincingly.
Availability of Information
The topic you are choosing should have credible information available. If the topic has strong relevant, and factual information available, persuading the audience becomes simpler.
Is Your Topic Manageable?
Not every idea that comes into your mind can be chosen to draft an essay. Choosing broad topics is good, but not always.
Bigger topics will ask the writer to struggle more in presenting both sides of the issue. Moreover, it will demand bringing them down to one streamlined essay, which is challenging.
Once you have filtered all the ideas, you will obtain the perfect topic to draft your persuasive essay .
If you want more tips on how to select a persuasive essay topic check out this video!
Tips for Writing a Compelling Persuasive Essay
A persuasive essay could be based on anything about which you have an opinion. Whether you're arguing against junk food at school or drug tests, the persuasive essay is a skill everyone should know.
Here are a few tips on writing a persuasive essay that will captivate your reader.
1. Know your audience: In order to write a compelling, persuasive essay, you must first understand who your audience is. Only then can you tailor your argument in a way that will resonate with them.
2. Keep it logical: A good persuasive essay will be based on sound logic. Your essay should contain factual evidence to support your claims.
If you can back up your argument with data, that's even better!
3. Be passionate! Passion will come through in your writing and will make your argument more compelling. If you care about your topic, chances are your reader will too.
4. Use strong words: Language is key when persuasion is the goal. Be sure to use language that packs a punch and drives home your point.
5 A well-written conclusion is important: The conclusion of your persuasive essay should summarize your main points. It should leave the reader with a strong call to action.
In conclusion, if you follow these tips, you're well on writing a gripping, persuasive essay! Always remember who your audience is, back up what you say with evidence, and end with a strong call to action.
To get more ideas, get in touch with our expert persuasive essay writer.
No matter what your writing needs are, the experts at WriteMyEssay.help are ready to assist you with your " do my essay " worries!
Why wait? Order now to get started!
Cathy A., Literature, Marketing
Cathy has been a trusted source of high-quality writing for more than five years. With her in-depth knowledge of mass communication from her Master's degree, she always produces work that meets the needs of her clients. In fact, they often leave her 5-star reviews for being an outstanding writer who is very passionate about their craft.
People also read
A Complete Guide To Writing The Perfect Persuasive Essay
Persuasive Essay Outline - Easy Guide with Examples
Read Engaging Persuasive Essay Examples to Get Inspired
Persuasive Essay About Gun Control - Top 8 Examples for Students
Persuasive Essay About Covid-19- Best Examples for Students
8 Excellent Examples of Persuasive Essay About Business
11 Best Examples of Persuasive Essay About Abortion
12 Excellent Examples Of Persuasive Essay About Online Education
10 Unique Examples of Persuasive Essay About Bullying
10 Compelling Examples of Persuasive Essays About Smoking
Persuasive Essay About Social Media - Learning With Examples
Persuasive Essay About the Death Penalty- Top 10 Examples
Share this article