- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
The Pros and Cons of Having a Waterproof iPhone 13
The iPhone 13 is the latest release from Apple, and many people are wondering whether it is waterproof. In this article, we will explore the pros and cons of having a waterproof iPhone 13.
The Benefits of Having a Waterproof iPhone 13
One of the main benefits of having a waterproof iPhone 13 is that it can withstand accidental spills or drops in water. This means that if you accidentally drop your phone in water, it won’t be damaged as long as you retrieve it quickly. Additionally, a waterproof phone allows you to take photos or videos underwater, which can be great for capturing memories while swimming or snorkeling.
Another benefit of having a waterproof iPhone 13 is that it can save you money in the long run. If your phone is not waterproof and gets damaged by water, you may need to pay for expensive repairs or even replace the entire device. However, with a waterproof phone, you don’t have to worry about these costs.
The Drawbacks of Having a Waterproof iPhone 13
While there are many benefits to having a waterproof iPhone 13, there are also some drawbacks to consider. One major drawback is that the phone may not be able to handle extreme water exposure. For example, if you drop your phone in saltwater or leave it submerged for an extended period of time, it may still suffer damage.
Another drawback is that having a waterproof phone may give users a false sense of security. Just because the phone can withstand some exposure to water doesn’t mean that users should intentionally expose their device to liquids on purpose. Additionally, some users may forget that their phones are not completely impervious to water damage and fail to take necessary precautions.
How Waterproof Is The iPhone 13?
According to Apple’s website, the iPhone 13 has an IP68 rating under IEC standard 60529. This means that the device can withstand being submerged in up to 6 meters of water for up to 30 minutes. Additionally, the iPhone 13 is designed to resist spills from common liquids such as coffee and soda.
However, it’s important to note that Apple’s warranty does not cover water damage, so users should still exercise caution when using their device around water.
Tips for Using a Waterproof iPhone 13
If you do decide to purchase a waterproof iPhone 13, there are some tips you should keep in mind. First, always make sure that the device is completely dry before charging it or using it again after exposure to water. Additionally, avoid exposing your phone to extreme temperatures (both hot and cold) as this can damage the device.
Finally, if you plan on using your iPhone 13 underwater for extended periods of time, consider investing in a waterproof case or bag for added protection.
In conclusion, there are both pros and cons of having a waterproof iPhone 13. While it can protect against accidental spills and save money on repairs in the long run, users should still exercise caution around water and be aware of the device’s limitations. By following proper usage guidelines and taking necessary precautions, you can enjoy all the benefits of having a waterproof iPhone without risking damage or loss of data.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Reading
- IELTS Writing
- IELTS Writing Task 1
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking Part 1
- IELTS Speaking Part 2
- IELTS Speaking Part 3
- IELTS Practice Tests
- IELTS Listening Practice Tests
- IELTS Reading Practice Tests
- IELTS Writing Practice Tests
- IELTS Speaking Practice Tests
- All Courses
- IELTS Online Classes
- OET Online Classes
- PTE Online Classes
- CELPIP Online Classes
- Free Live Classes
- Australia PR
- Germany Job Seeker Visa
- Austria Job Seeker Visa
- Sweden Job Seeker Visa
- Study Abroad
- Student Testimonials
- Our Trainers
- IELTS Webinar
- Immigration Webinar
Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages – IELTS Writing Task 2
Updated On Nov 03, 2023
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 126.96.36.199 Essay Type
- 188.8.131.52 Introduction
- 184.108.40.206 Body Paragraphs
- 220.127.116.11 Conclusion
- 2.1 Band 9 Sample Answer 1
- 2.2 Band 9 Vocabulary for Sample Essay 1
- 18.104.22.168 Essay Type
- 22.214.171.124 Introduction
- 126.96.36.199 Body Paragraphs
- 188.8.131.52 Conclusion
- 3.1 Band 9 Sample Answer 2
- 3.2 Band 9 Vocabulary for Sample Essay 1
- 4 More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
Advantage Disadvantage essays, like ‘Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages’, are an integral part of IELTS Writing Task 2. Fortunately, it is easy to identify due to the mention of the terms ‘advantages’, ‘disadvantages’, ‘benefits’, ‘drawbacks’ or other similar terms in the topic itself.
Usually, in this kind of essay, you have to note down the benefits and drawbacks of a particular aspect, like studying abroad, tourism, school systems, etc. As a result, the structure of the essay is comparatively easy to frame as all you need is four paragraphs – Introduction, Body Paragraph 1 (advantages), Body Paragraph 2 (disadvantages) and Conclusion.
We will have a look at an advantage and disadvantage essay – Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages- with Band 9 Sample Answers accompanied by vocabulary which will not only boost your IELTS preparation but also enhance your word bank.
Let’s have a look at the advantage and disadvantage essay – Globalization has both advantages and disadvantages.
Sample Answer 1
Here’s a detailed outline for the Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages – IELTS Writing Task 2:
Advantages and Disadvantages Essay
- Paraphrase the topic sentence.
- State what the following paragraphs will contain and mention your opinion.
- The advantages of globalization include more employment opportunities, availability of more products to choose from and cheaper products in general.
- The disadvantages of globalization include the decline in the quality of products due to outsourcing and the competition faced by local businesses.
Summarize the topic and emphasize the view in the end.
Band 9 Sample Answer 1
Band 9 vocabulary for sample essay 1.
Meaning: strongly influencing later developments. Eg: Einstein’s seminal work on physics was ground-breaking.
Meaning: bound together, closer Eg: This was a very close-knit family.
Meaning: escalating, multiplying Eg: Computerized databases are proliferating fast.
Meaning: sudden and striking Eg: The dramatic increase in crime was concerning.
Meaning: products, goods Eg: He bought all the merchandise in the shop.
Meaning: the amount added to the cost price of goods Eg: This lipstick has a markup of 200%.
Meaning: a tax imposed on imported goods Eg: The government has increased the tariff on exotic items.
Meaning: remarkable, significant Eg: He had made some notable changes to his attire.
Meaning: cause or give rise to Eg: Such actions will only engender the king’s downfall.
Meaning: native, local Eg: The indigenous people of the Amazon are mostly tribal.
Sample Answer 2
Check out the detailed outline for Sample Answer 2 of the Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages – IELTS Writing Task 2:
- Globalization, which integrates the whole world into one body through the advances of technology, transportation and communication has both advantages and disadvantages.
- The advantages of globalization include economic and cultural growth, access to goods, technological advancement and increased job opportunities.
- The disadvantages of globalization include income inequalities, disruption of local culture, environmental concerns and social disruption.
Band 9 Sample Answer 2
Meaning: one side or aspect of something Eg: He understood the different facets of life after his family left him.
Meaning: to reduce in size Eg: The company downsized its employees during the recession.
Meaning: to make better or more tolerable Eg: Shane’s condition ameliorated when he got a job.
Meaning: something that gives someone or something an advantage over others Eg: With cutting-edge technology, we should protect our environment rather than destroy it.
Meaning: to encourage the development or growth of ideas or feelings Eg: They could feel the fostering friendship among the roommates.
Meaning: central and important Eg: The separation of his parents had a pivotal effect on his life.
Meaning: having great or lasting importance Eg: Giving birth to a baby girl was a momentous point in their lives.
Meaning: to make something that is already bad even worse Eg: This accident worsened the exacerbating condition of the Railways.
Meaning: to become uniform in structure or composition throughout Eg: We had a homogenizing community and included different types of workers.
Meaning: always wanting more of something; not able to be satisfied Eg: The child’s insatiable thirst for knowledge led him to win the prestigious scholarship at such a young age.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Air Traffic is Increasingly Leading to More Noise
- Solar Energy is Becoming more and more popular
- Some People Believe Today That Everyone Has a Right to Access to the Internet and That Governments Should Provide This Access for Free
- The Increased World Demand For Oil and Gas Has Made it Necessary for Locating These Sources in Remote Areas
- The Best Way to Improve Health is to Exercise Daily
- IELTS Writing Masterclass Costly Mistakes | Avoid These Common Mistakes
Practice IELTS Writing Task 2 based on Essay types
Start Preparing for IELTS: Get Your 10-Day Study Plan Today!
Kasturika is a professional Content Writer with over three years of experience as an English language teacher. Her understanding of English language requirements, as set by foreign universities, is enriched by her interactions with students and educators. Her work is a fusion of extensive knowledge of SEO practices and up-to-date guidelines. This enables her to produce content that not only informs but also engages IELTS aspirants. Her passion for exploring new horizons has driven her to achieve new heights in her learning journey.
Explore other Advantage Disadvantage Essays
Post your Comments
Gurgaon city scape, gurgaon bptp.
Step 1 of 3
Great going .
Get a free session from trainer
Have you taken test before?
Please select any option
Get free eBook to excel in test
Please enter Email ID
Get support from an Band 9 trainer
Please enter phone number
Select a date
Please select a date
Select a time (IST Time Zone)
Please select a time
Mark Your Calendar: Free Session with Expert on
Which exam are you preparing?
- Writing Correction
- Online Prep Platform
- Online Course
- Speaking Assessment
- Ace The IELTS
- Target Band 7
- Practice Tests Downloads
- IELTS Success Formula
- Essays Band 9 IELTS Writing Task 2 samples – IELTS Band 9 essays
- Essays Band 8 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 8
- Essays Band 7 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 7
- Essays Band 6 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 6
- Essays Band 5 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 5
- Reports Band 9 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS reports of Band 9 (Academic Writing Task 1)
- Reports Band 8 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS reports of Band 8
- Reports Band 7 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS reports of Band 7
- Letters Band 9 IELTS Writing Task 1 – samples of IELTS letters of Band 9
- Letters Band 8 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS letters of Band 8
- Letters Band 7 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS letters of Band 7
- Speaking Samples
- Tests Samples
- 2022, 2023 IELTS questions
- 2021 IELTS questions
- 2020 IELTS questions
- High Scorer’s Advice IELTS high achievers share their secrets
- IELTS Results Competition
- IELTS-Blog App
IELTS Essay, topic: The advantages and disadvantages of globalization
- IELTS Essays - Band 8
Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss.
Globalization is such a commonly used term in the century. It simply means that the world has become integrated economically, socially, politically and culturally through the advances of technology, transportation and communication. It is undeniable that globalization has resulted in both positive and negative effects which must be addressed accordingly.
Secondly, several companies from the more developed countries have already ventured to establish foreign operations or branches to take advantage of the low cost of labor in the poorer countries. This kind of business activity will provide more influx of cash or investment funds into the less developed countries.
However, one cannot deny the negative effects which derived from globalization. One crucial social aspect is the risk and danger of epidemic diseases which can easily be spread as the transportation becomes easier and faster in today’s advanced society. This is evidenced in the recent birds flu disease which has infected most Asian countries over a short period of time.
As large corporations invest or take over many offshore businesses, a modern form of colonization will also evolve which may pose certain power pressure on the local governments of the less developed countries. Unemployment rates in the more developed regions such as Europe may also escalate as corporations choose to outsource to the cheaper work force from Asian countries.
In conclusion. to reiterate that globalization is inevitable and we must urge individuals, companies and governments to use a more balanced approach by taking the appropriate steps to deal with matters relating to the financial or economical gains verses the social, political or ecological concerns of the world.
This essay is too long, 318 words instead of 250-265. Otherwise (except for some minor grammatical errors) it is a very nice work. It covers the task, has the right structure, the paragraphs are coherent and are logically connected by elegantly used linking words, the structure of sentences is fine and so is your vocabulary. Seems worthy of Band 7.5 or 8.
Click here to see more IELTS essays of band 8
- IELTS essay, topic: Some say that new homes should be constructed in existing cities while others argue that new towns should be built (advantages/disadvantages) Many countries are experiencing population growth and need to build...
- IELTS essay, topic: The advantages and disadvantages of high-rise apartment living This is a model response to a Writing Task 2...
- IELTS Band 9 essay, topic: Some schools insist that students have laptops in class (advantages / disadvantages) This is a model response to a Writing Task 2...
- IELTS Essay, topic: In some countries private cars are now banned from city centres (advantages / disadvantages) This is a model response to a Writing Task 2...
- IELTS essay, topic: Many university students nowadays live away from home and their parents (advantages/disadvantages) This essay topic was seen in a recent IELTS test...
8 thoughts on “IELTS Essay, topic: The advantages and disadvantages of globalization”
Pingback: IELTS Essay Samples of Band 8 | IELTS-Blog
Can i send my essay for review?
Hi Sawraj, yes of course, you’re welcome to send us your essays for review. Please visit this page to learn how to do it.
This is awesome effort.
Hlo may I snd my essay for review Plzz
Hi Harpreet, to send you essay for correction please visit this page , make a payment and we will send you some easy instructions how to send your task to our teachers.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
IELTS: Globalization has both advantages (economy) and disadvantages (diseases)
Globalization has both advantages and disadvantages..
Waterloop 6 / 17 Jul 2, 2020 #2 Be careful with articles, society does not have "the" You may say Globalisation is a double sword in terms of economy and society. "On the other hand" should come along with "On one hand" You should not use either of it alone We usually say vulnerable to infectious disease is enough, you dont have to add easily Overall, the ideas are fine but you the linkage of ideas is not enough. Be careful with your grammer! Good luck :)
OP Tinathanh 5 / 13 Jul 5, 2020 #4 @Holt @Waterloop Thank you for your feedback!
- IELTS Writing Checker
- IELTS Writing Samples
- Latest Topics
- Speaking Club
Globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. Discuss both and give your opinion
IELTS essay Globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. Discuss both and give your opinion
- Structure your answers in logical paragraphs
- ? One main idea per paragraph
- Include an introduction and conclusion
- Support main points with an explanation and then an example
- Use cohesive linking words accurately and appropriately
- Vary your linking phrases using synonyms
- Try to vary your vocabulary using accurate synonyms
- Use less common question specific words that accurately convey meaning
- Check your work for spelling and word formation mistakes
- Use a variety of complex and simple sentences
- Check your writing for errors
- Answer all parts of the question
- ? Present relevant ideas
- Fully explain these ideas
- Support ideas with relevant, specific examples
- ? Currently is not available
- Meet the criteria
- Doesn't meet the criteria
- 6.5 band It is true that owing to technology development world become smaller and smaller day by day. It is true that owing to technology development world become smaller and smaller day by day. It leads to globalisation throughout the universe. Although, there are pros and cons to globalize the countries, in my opinion, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. In the one hand, there are seve ...
- 6.5 band Many students like to get involved in extra-curricular activities at university such as social clubs or sports. what are the advantages and disadvantages of this? In today’s world university not only educate students, but also provide an enormous number of extracurricular activities, which can help students to be smart and fit. However, while some prefer to take part in such activities, others are not really into it as they do not want to dive into anything e ...
- I am always sorry when any language is lost, because languages are the pedigrees of nations. Samuel Johnson
- 6.5 band In many countries, people are moving away from rural areas and towards urban areas. Why do you think that is? What problems can this cause? In this competitive world, people are migrating from villages to cities for seeking the opportunities and for improving their lifestyle. However, it is good, but people forget the importance of rural area. In my opinion, it is good but there should be a proper balance in these areas. And also, what ...
- 6.5 band Post-retirement, some people relocate to a foreign country or a different region within the nation. Post-retirement, some people relocate to a foreign country or a different region within the nation. This essay will discuss the possible social and environmental reasons for this shifting and various effects caused by this migration. The decision to shift somewhere else post-working age is prompted ...
- If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart. Nelson Mandela
- 6.5 band Every culture, throughout time, has recorded its history in one way or another. In what ways can history be passed on to the next generation? Why is history important to society? Over the course of history, each culture has passed down the occurred events in some or the other form to younger generations. Even though the ways in which these records have transferred have been varied, it has always been of utmost importance to record the history because this is the only way to ...
- 6.5 band All societies have their own music and art. In what way are music and art important for society and for the individual? Every region has its own kind of music and art, which has a great impact not only on society but also on a person. Arts and music are significant for everyone in many ways that we will now discuss. Firstly, music and art represent the culture of a particular society. In India, for instance, Garba i ...
- You can never understand one language until you understand at least two. Geoffrey Willans
IELTS Mentor "IELTS Preparation & Sample Answer"
- Skip to content
- Jump to main navigation and login
Nav view search
- IELTS Sample
IELTS Essay Topics with sample answer.
Ielts writing task 2 sample 357 - globalization affects the world's economies in a very positive way, ielts writing task 2/ ielts essay:, even though globalization affects the world's economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten..
- IELTS Bar Graph
- IELTS Line Graph
- IELTS Table Chart
- IELTS Flow Chart
- IELTS Pie Chart
- IELTS Letter Writing
- IELTS Essay
- Academic Reading
- IELTS Secrets
- Band Score Calculator
- Exam Specific Tips
- Useful Websites
- IELTS Preparation Tips
- Academic Reading Tips
- Academic Writing Tips
- GT Writing Tips
- Listening Tips
- Speaking Tips
- IELTS Grammar Review
- IELTS Vocabulary
- IELTS Cue Cards
- IELTS Life Skills
- Letter Types
- Copyright Notice
- HTML Sitemap
IELTS Practice Tests and Preparation Tips
- Band 7 essay samples
Globalisation Has Both Advantages And Disadvantages | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
by Manjusha Nambiar · October 20, 2019
Globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. Discuss both and give your opinion
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The world is now more global than before as there is increased trade and culture exchange. This essay will outline the advantages and drawbacks of this development, and In (remove the capital letter) my opinion, the benefits are more important.
On the one hand, it is often thought by some that allowing nations to interact with one another brings many disadvantages. Firstly, immigrants find it difficult to adapt to their new environment. Many people who are working or studying in other countries find it challenging to interact with locals because of the language barrier and feel isolated. Moreover, the weather is another challenge. Secondly, international students face racism. For example, a recent survey by California University found that over 30% of students from other countries are bullied daily because of their colour.
On the other hand, others believe that there are numerous benefits for countries becoming global, and I agree. First of these is the increase in revenue. As companies establish branches in many different parts of the world, supplying goods and services, they create numerous job opportunities. This reduces the unemployment rate and increases the living standards of people all over the world. The growing trade relations between countries also help to establish peace in the world. In addition to this, the increased interaction among people of diverse cultures has made them more tolerant of differences.
To conclude, I believe that globalization is beneficial because the increasing interaction among various countries allows for economic growth and closer relationships despite the challenges of cultural differences and climate conditions.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Tags: band 7 essay band 7 essay sample ielts band 7 essays
Hi, I'm Manjusha. This is my blog where I give IELTS preparation tips.
- Next story Poor Students Find It Difficult To Get University Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Previous story Certain Personal Qualities Cannot Be Achieved Through University Studies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Comments 10
- Pingbacks 0
Nowadays, we are living in the era of globalization in which the world becomes a global village as a result of the effective transportation and electronic communication. This essay will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this issue and provide my opinion why the merits are superior.
To begin with, it is often argued that globalization may lead to loss of cultural identity between nations. To illustrate, the affordable electronic communication on the internet and social media websites has affected the way people are connected to their traditions and morals. Consequently, many young people admire and follow the traditions of other nations and forget their own ones. Moreover, the racism rate has increased significantly due to immigration of large numbers of citizens from developing countries to developed ones with the help of the effective transportation.
Regarding the advantages, one of the most important effects of globalization is that it would help the developing world progress faster. This would happen by reducing the border restrictions and allowing companies to open branches all over the world and also allowing countries to import and export goods between each other. Moreover, if companies establish new branches in other places, this will offer more job opportunities for poor people who really struggle to survive and help increase their standard of living. Undoubtedly, those are the reasons why I believe that the merits of globalization are much more than the possible demerits.
To conclude, technology and advanced transportation have shifted the way we live from being isolated from each other to being as we are living in a small village and this change has many advantages which far outweigh its disadvantages.
This seems band 7 to me.
Thank you, I really appreciate your help, your blog is extremely useful.
Good vacab nd style of writing is also good
Nowadays, the world has become more global allowing cultures and objects to be exchanged overseas. Globalisation has brought several advantages as well as disadvantages which will be discussed in this essay. From my own perspective, the benefits outweigh the possible drawbacks. Such a development is claimed to have negative effects on the world. The first unfavourable impact is the loss of identity and culture. To elaborate, it is now possible to learn about other cultures through the use of internet enabled devices. Consequently, many people, especially youngsters have started to follow the traditions of other countries instead of their own culture. Not only does globalisation jeopardise the country’s identity, but it also increases racism. It is believed that discrimination has peaked off during the previous years as a result of the free movement of people from one region to another. On the other hand, globalisation might be highly advantageous for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, there is no doubt that businesses have benefitted a lot due to the ability to import and export different goods from a wide range of markets, which in turn, increases their revenue. Moreover, the worldwide unemployment rate might decrease. To cite an example, people who live in areas of high unemployment rate are now able to move to another country, where more job opportunities might be available. As a result, living standards would increase; thus help people who are below the poverty line. To conclude, globalisation has simplified many aspects of life, therefore, I completely agree that its advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
Overall, your content is satisfactory. This seems band 7 to me.
Globalisation and localisation are two of the most important words which we are getting across from the past two decades. Earlier we use to have fully local centric business system which had very few opportunities for employment. From the past few years the trading is happening among multiple countries which in turn increasing the good relation among different nations and also increasing the standard of living.
Along side of the trading, we have a couple of other advantages with globalisation like exchanging the cultures, food habbits etc. It also encourages for different kinds of businesses in the local market. For instance until the 21st century we might not known different food items which can be consumed in the USA or China. But now we can observe multiple cuisines opened in India or Pakistan or many other asian countries with names like Chinese food items or Thai Restaurants etc. This example will clearly depicts that globalisation has reached so extent that any one can get their local food in other countries.
Though we have an enormous number of advantages, we do consider few limitations with the extended globalisation. Due to the more encourgaement of the globaliosation, majority of the manpower is moving to developed countries by leaving their home nation, which is resulting to the talented resource crunch to the developing countries and which is affecting the growth of the nation as well.
To conclude the globalization has many advantages compared to the limitations. I strongly agree that the globalization should be continued until all the nations becomes developed nations. To achieve this each and every country has to work very cooperatively and collaboratively.
This seems band 6.5 to me.
The world is fast becoming interconnected, so as much that people of different races interact freely. This global interactions have it’s merits and demerit. In my opinion, I think the merits outweigh the demerits.
The spate of terrorism has been on the rise in recent times. Different terrorist organization now have easy access to other groups in different continents. This is as a result of easy interactions between these groups. For instance, the rate of insurgency has increased in West Africa because of the easy link with the ISIS group in Iraq and Syria. This is a big threat to the existing peace enjoyed in the region.
However, despite this threat, global mingling has more benefits than can be imagined. There is a global collaborative efforts between nations of the world to combat deadly disease. The world health organisation is borne out of such initiative and it has helped in preventing many diseases. For example, the world’s most deadly disease, smallpox, was eradicated through global interventions. In addition, the world is almost at the point of eradicating poliomyelitis, a disease condition which has caused a lot of childhood morbidities.
I’m conclusion, free association between nations has its positives and negatives. It has promoted civil unrest in most regions of the world. However, its benefits include providing a more healthy environment and I strongly believe that it has brought more good than evil
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
IELTS Sample Test
Band 9 Essay Samples
- Band 8 Essay Samples
Band 7.5 Essay Samples
Band 9 letter samples
Band 7.5 IELTS letter samples
- Band 8 letter samples
- Band 7 letter samples
Academic IELTS Task 1 reports
Get Free Lessons In Your Inbox
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Author | Manjusha Nambiar
- Academic Writing Task 1
- Advantage Disadvantage Essays
- Advantages/Disadvantages Essays
- Agree Or Disagree
- Band 6 essay samples
- Band 9 IELTS Essays
- CELPIP Writing Samples
- Discuss Both Views
- Discussion Essays
- Grammar exercises
- IELTS Books
- ielts model essays
- IELTS Model Letters
- IELTS Questions
- ielts reading
- IELTS Writing
- Learn English
- OET Letters
- Positive or Negative Essays
- Problem Solution Essays
- PTE Academic Essays
- Sample Essays
- Sample Letters
- Sample Reports
- Students' Essays
- Writing Tips
- Discovering India
- English Grammar and Writing
- IELTS Writing Tips
- Learn Maths Online
- NCERT Guides
Globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages Discuss both views and give your opinion
Globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
It is true that globalisation has concurrently benefits and drawbacks. Personally I am both fascinated by the development brought by globalisation and apprehensive about its negative impacts. On the one hand, the increasing globalisation in many respects brings some obvious advantages. As more companies establish overseas, there have been more employment opportunities created. Therefore, people can have a better job without having to leave their home countries. For instance, many high-tech companies now have their offices in India and many Indian people work for those. Without globalisation, Indians would not have had that chance to work for such companies in India. At the same time, globalisation also opens the door to higher education for many students, especially from underdeveloped and developing countries. It is now easier for people, for example from China or Vietnam, to acquire better schooling in Western countries than in the past. On the other hand, I share the concerns of people who believe that globalisation is harmful if we are not careful. Firstly, as more companies move their production facilities to other countries with cheaper labour price, they leave behind them many unemployed workers. Besides, the decline in employment growth rate partly results from the promotion of the application of technology in many aspects of manufacturing. It has been seen in the past few years, such advances have led to an increase in unemployment in many developing economies. Finally, while countless multinational companies are expanding their business all over the world, it results in a fact that small-scale industries face extinction. It is clearly understood that small-scale companies which do not have enough resources or power to compete with international companies will soon be removed from the business. In conclusion, I believe that while globalisation no doubt improves life in certain circumstances, the potential risks of such that tendency should not be ignored.
- Log in or register to post comments
Essay evaluations by e-grader
Transition Words or Phrases used: also, besides, finally, first, firstly, if, so, therefore, while, for example, for instance, in conclusion, no doubt, it is true, on the other hand
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on Part of Speech: To be verbs : 10.0 13.1623246493 76% => OK Auxiliary verbs: 4.0 7.85571142285 51% => OK Conjunction : 6.0 10.4138276553 58% => More conjunction wanted. Relative clauses : 9.0 7.30460921844 123% => OK Pronoun: 24.0 24.0651302605 100% => OK Preposition: 43.0 41.998997996 102% => OK Nominalization: 17.0 8.3376753507 204% => Less nominalizations (nouns with a suffix like: tion ment ence ance) wanted.
Performance on vocabulary words: No of characters: 1698.0 1615.20841683 105% => OK No of words: 307.0 315.596192385 97% => OK Chars per words: 5.53094462541 5.12529762239 108% => OK Fourth root words length: 4.18585898806 4.20363070211 100% => OK Word Length SD: 3.17189926443 2.80592935109 113% => OK Unique words: 186.0 176.041082164 106% => OK Unique words percentage: 0.605863192182 0.561755894193 108% => OK syllable_count: 528.3 506.74238477 104% => OK avg_syllables_per_word: 1.7 1.60771543086 106% => OK
A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by: Pronoun: 8.0 5.43587174349 147% => OK Article: 3.0 2.52805611222 119% => OK Subordination: 3.0 2.10420841683 143% => OK Conjunction: 0.0 0.809619238477 0% => OK Preposition: 6.0 4.76152304609 126% => OK
Performance on sentences: How many sentences: 16.0 16.0721442886 100% => OK Sentence length: 19.0 20.2975951904 94% => OK Sentence length SD: 30.5746397158 49.4020404114 62% => OK Chars per sentence: 106.125 106.682146367 99% => OK Words per sentence: 19.1875 20.7667163134 92% => OK Discourse Markers: 9.1875 7.06120827912 130% => OK Paragraphs: 4.0 4.38176352705 91% => OK Language errors: 0.0 5.01903807615 0% => OK Sentences with positive sentiment : 10.0 8.67935871743 115% => OK Sentences with negative sentiment : 3.0 3.9879759519 75% => OK Sentences with neutral sentiment: 3.0 3.4128256513 88% => OK What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?
Coherence and Cohesion: Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.0593390584874 0.244688304435 24% => The similarity between the topic and the content is low. Sentence topic coherence: 0.024153814987 0.084324248473 29% => Sentence topic similarity is low. Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.0393264118504 0.0667982634062 59% => OK Paragraph topic coherence: 0.0582318399521 0.151304729494 38% => Maybe some paragraphs are off the topic. Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.0601250148789 0.056905535591 106% => OK
Essay readability: automated_readability_index: 14.2 13.0946893788 108% => OK flesch_reading_ease: 43.73 50.2224549098 87% => OK smog_index: 8.8 7.44779559118 118% => OK flesch_kincaid_grade: 11.9 11.3001002004 105% => OK coleman_liau_index: 14.79 12.4159519038 119% => OK dale_chall_readability_score: 9.11 8.58950901804 106% => OK difficult_words: 88.0 78.4519038076 112% => OK linsear_write_formula: 7.5 9.78957915832 77% => OK gunning_fog: 9.6 10.1190380762 95% => OK text_standard: 15.0 10.7795591182 139% => OK What are above readability scores?
--------------------- It is not exactly right on the topic in the view of e-grader. Maybe there is a wrong essay topic. Rates: 11.2359550562 out of 100 Scores by essay e-grader: 1.0 Out of 9 --------------------- Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.
IELTS Writing Samples by topic
Define the term 'globalization' and explain the pros and cons of the effects of globalization., define the term ‘globalization’ and explain the pros and cons of the effects of globalization., define the term “globalization” and explain the pros and cons of the effects of globalization. give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience..
- Unlimited Essay Checks: Practice and perfect your skills.
- Detailed Error Analysis: Spot every mistake.
- In-Built Grammar Checker: Say no to grammatical errors.
- Personalized Suggestions: Know how to boost your score.
- Progress Tracking: View your checked essay history.
- Still thinking? We have a 14-day money-back guarantee. Take a leap of faith!