Purdue Online Writing Lab Purdue OWL® College of Liberal Arts
APA Style Introduction
Welcome to the Purdue OWL
This page is brought to you by the OWL at Purdue University. When printing this page, you must include the entire legal notice.
Copyright ©1995-2018 by The Writing Lab & The OWL at Purdue and Purdue University. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions of fair use.
These OWL resources will help you learn how to use the American Psychological Association (APA) citation and format style. This section contains resources on in-text citation and the References page, as well as APA sample papers, slide presentations, and the APA classroom poster.
APA Overview and Workshop
This workshop provides an overview of APA (American Psychological Association) style and where to find help with different APA resources. It provides an annotated list of links to all of our APA materials and an APA overview. It is an excellent place to start to learn about APA format.
APA Formatting and Style Guide
APA (American Psychological Association) style is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. This resource, revised according to the 7 th edition of the APA manual, offers examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page. For more information, please consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association , (7 th ed.).
This poster summarizes APA style in a visual format. For more detailed information, please review the formatting and style guide linked above.
APA (American Psychological Association) style is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. This resource, revised according to the 6 th edition, second printing of the APA manual, offers examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page. For more information, please consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association , (6 th ed., 2 nd printing).
- Ask a Librarian
Psychological Sciences: Major Research Sources
- Finding Books & Journals
- Reference Sources incl. DSM-5
- APA Citation Format
- Testing & Measurement Resources
- Professional Societies
- Current Topics, Research Ideas, and Trends
- Datasets, Curation, and Storage Options
APA Citation Information
- APA 7th Edition Citation Format instructions--Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
APA Style Manual
- << Previous: Reference Sources incl. DSM-5
- Next: Testing & Measurement Resources >>
- Last Updated: Sep 29, 2023 3:10 PM
- URL: https://guides.lib.purdue.edu/psychology
- All eBooks & Audiobooks
- Academic eBook Collection
- Home Grown eBook Collection
- Off-Campus Access
- Literature Resource Center
- Opposing Viewpoints
- ProQuest Central
- Course Guides
- Citing Sources
- Library Research
- Websites by Topic
- Research Tutorials
- Use the Catalog
- Use Databases
- Use Films on Demand
- Use Home Grown eBooks
- Use NC LIVE
- Evaluating Sources
- Primary vs. Secondary
- Scholarly vs. Popular
- Make an Appointment
- Writing Tools
- Annotated Bibliographies
- Summaries, Reviews & Critiques
- Writing Center
APA Style, 7th edition
- What is APA?
- APA Style Citation Guide
- Formatting Your Paper
- Reference List
Email: [email protected]
Like us on Facebook
Links on this guide may go to external web sites not connected with Randolph Community College. Their inclusion is not an endorsement by Randolph Community College and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of their content or the security of their site.
APA Style Formatting Steps
Setting up page numbering for apa.
1. Set font as Times New Roman and size 12.
2. Click on Insert.
3. Click on Page Number.
4. Click on Top of Page.
5. Click on Plain Number 3 box.
6. Finish cover page (see pages 11 and 12 of the APA guide).
7. Go to second page.
8. Type your title in bold at the top and centered.
9. Close Header/Footer box.
- APA Style Citations Video [PDF] Video Transcript
- Purdue OWL: APA Sample Paper [PDF] An example of a correctly formatted APA style research paper. From Purdue University Online Writing Center (OWL).
- << Previous: APA Style Citation Guide
- Next: Reference List >>
- Last Updated: Dec 15, 2022 1:25 PM
- URL: https://libguides.randolph.edu/apa