Everyone Makes Mistakes. Betrayal Essay Example
Everyone makes mistakes in their life. But there's one thing that is a horrible thing to do, Betray. Betraying is highly emotional, and can hurt someone very deeply (mortify). People usually lie once in a while too. In the book Uglies, the main character lies and betrays her closest friends. The book teaches us that we should feel guilty about betraying and should work to fix our mistakes/betrayals. Through Tally’s journey and character change, the reader learns that you can’t betray someone for something you really want. In the beginning, Tally is a liar and a betrayer. Tally betrays her friend, Shay, just to get what she wants. (to become a pretty) Before Shay was about to run away and not get her surgery Shay had tried to talk Tally into running away with her. But since Tally wanted to get the surgery and become pretty, she did not follow Shay. So Shay gave Tally a secret code to where she was going if Tally didn’t want to get the surgery. Tally and Shay made a promise to never tell anyone about where Shay was going, and the secret code. The day of her surgery, Dr.Cable had blackmailed her to find Shay and the other Uglies that ran away.Dr. Cable had made a “promise too, Tally Youngblood. Until you do help us, to the very best of your ability, you will never be pretty.”Dr. Cable turned away.“You can die ugly, for all I care.”(p.113)Tally was threatened to do what Dr.Cable said. So Tally did not have any choice, but to break her promise that she made with Shay. Tally told Dr.Cable and Special Circumstances that she would look for Shay and the other runaways. The word betrays means to be endangered someone by giving someone else's information to an enemy. Tally betrayed Shay by agreeing with Dr.Cable, that she would look for Shay. Tally betrayed Shay to get what she wants. She only cares about what she will get and only cares about her future. She could have not told Dr.Cable but since she was so determined to become pretty she agrees to the deal and decides to betray her friend. Biting the hand that feeds you is the perfect ideon to explain the theme of betrayal. When Tally goes to her journey to the Smoke she faced a lot of problems, like living in the wilderness and surviving. She also learns confidence and self-esteem. Tally also has lots of times when she almost died. This shows how desperate Tally is to become a pretty. Tally also lies to Shay very calmly. ...”She took a deep breath, wondering why she was saying all this, lying to Shay when she didn’t really have to. (p.196) The first place where Tally betrayed Shay, was when Tally finally arrived at the Smoke. After Tally had her greetings, she lied to Shay right away without having any hesitation. And she doesn’t stop lying afterward. Not only did she lie to Shay but to the rest of the Smoke. And lying can be the worst crime to ever exist and betraying can also mean to break the faith someone had in you. By the time Tally was in the Smoke she lied about almost every word that came out of her mouth. The moments that helped Tally change the most was when Tally was at the Smoke. For an example while she was at the Smoke she learned many things, that helped her grow into a better person. David grinned. “That’s back to work.”You’re coming with us,” Shay said. “Don’t worry, it won’t kill you.”Everyone had to do work, old uglies, and new uglies. This wasn’t any kind of work. This was physical labor work. Where Tally’s hands would be raw and red once she was done with her job. Everything that is in the Smoke cannot be given directly, and the items that they had were to be reused and to be saved because everything in the Smoke had a high value. When Tally first came to the Smoke she didn't use to the idea of saving things or having to trade food or tools to survive. When Tally lived in Uglivill, there was nothing like that. “The Boss? Pretty wild, huh? He’s, like, forty! Wait until you talk to him.” and “Two had just arrived from another city and weren’t even sixteen yet. The other three—Croy, Ryde, and Astrix—were friends of Shay’s, from the group that had run away together back before Tally and Shay had first met.”(p.200) Everyone in the Smoke was all Uglies. And all of them were happy the way that they were. There were old uglies and there were uglies who were maybe as young as Tally and Shay, or maybe even younger. Everyone in the Smoke was all uglies. And none of them really cared that they didn’t get the surgery. Before Tally even came to the Smoke she didn’t like the idea that nobody in the Smoke was pretty and everyone was all ugly. Throughout the story Tally makes the ultimate sacrifice and turns herself in to become a pretty. Tally starts to learn that she can’t be selfish to get what she wants, and have to think of others before herself.“She took a deep breath. “Okay, you’ve got a willing subject.”What do you mean, Tally?”Me.”(p.417) At the beginning of the book, Tally was only thinking about herself and willing to betray her friends just to get what she wants. And now at the end of the book, she chooses the right path and is sacrificing herself for the sake of others. At the beginning of the book, all Tally ever wanted to do was get the surgery to be pretty and bubbly all day. She would do anything to become pretty. But when she entered the Smoke, her world changed. She became more independent and she now tries to be more loyal. “Yeah, I’ve done a lot for her.” Tally took a breath. “I’m the reason she’s like this, pretty and brainless.”...“David, I didn’t come to the Smoke just to make sure Shay was okay. I came to bring her back to the city.” She sighed. “I came to betray her.”(p.420) Tally volunteers to require the pills to remove the lesions since Shay does not volunteer for Maddy's test. Since Tally tells David that the reason she came to the Smoke was to be a spy for the Special Circumstances. She furthermore tells him how she accidentally activated the pendant and cause the Special Circumstances to the area of the Smoke. Since Tally has deceived the Smoke. She is responsible for Shay becoming a pretty (having lesions), and Az’s death. In the book Uglies, there are lots of betrayals. Although betraying someone is really bad, if you try to fix the mistakes that you made it will get better. When Tally first came to lie to everyone she didn’t want anyone to know that she betrayed them. Now Tally finally had the guts to tell David the truth. (Although he didn’t like it.) Although Tally has lied and betrayed lots of people, she learned that she can’t just give something up that wasn’t yours to get what you want. In the beginning of the book Tally will do anything to become a pretty, so she agrees to Dr.Cables deal. Then when Tally enters the Smoke, she starts to realize that the Smoke is amazing and she has to stop lying. Tally also learns responsibility and independence. At the end of the book, Tally learns for what she did, so she sacrifices herself so the Smokies won’t be in more trouble because of Tally. Even with the worst lies and betrayal, if you try to fix the mistakes and learn that others come first. No betrayal will be too hard to overcome.
Only 100% original papers?
- A Merciless Judge Essay Example
- Advertisement on Facebook Essay Example
- Argumentative Essay on Immigration
- Essay About Love
- Female Leadership Essay Example
- Homosexual Family Member Essay Example
- Is Everyone Really Equal Essay Example
- Play Analysis Essay Example
- Soda Ban and Obesity Essay Example
- The Effect of Modern Technologies on Our Lives
only $6.99 per page
- Argumentative essays 49
- Persuasive essays 51
- Compare and contrast essays 21
- Cause and effect essays 34
- Narrative essays 49
- Informative essays 47
- Expository essays 49
- Process essays 25
- Evaluation essays 50
- Exemplification essays 54
- Exploratory essays 43
- Rhetorical analysis essays 46
- Argumentative essay topics 147
- Persuasive essay topics 105
- Compare and contrast essay topics 75
- Cause and effect essay topics 60
- Narrative essay topics 60
- Informative essay topics 75
- Expository essay topics 60
- Process essay topics 45
- Evaluation essay topics 15
- Exemplification essay topics 15
- Exploratory essay topics 15
- Rhetorical analysis essay topics 0
Essay About Betrayal Of A Trusted Friend
Essay example on narrative about friend betrayal.
As a child growing up friends are everything. Your best friend is the one you share all your secrets with and trust them not to tell anyone. They are the one who knows everything about you and stands by your side through everything. For some, best friends may change frequently, but that wasn’t the case of Michelle and l. That was the type of friend Michelle was. We had been friends since the first grade and shared everything.
We never kept secrets from one another and more importantly, we never shared those secrets with anyone else. Well at least I didn’t. One fall I learned many important lessons in life.
The most important one was not to trust people. Sounds cynical I know, but I don’t know any other way to put it. I was 12 years old and trust had never been an issue for me, but that year brought on many changes.
On a beautiful Saturday afternoon my whole outlook on life changed. On a day that seemed like so many before, my brother-in-law raped me. Dealing with that was more than I knew how to handle. The betrayal of the one person I thought I could trust only added to the pain. A few weeks passed before I could even bring myself to tell Michelle. He had made me feel like it was my fault, that I had done something to deserve it.
Proficient in: Behavior
“ This writer never make an mistake for me always deliver long before due date. Am telling you man this writer is absolutely the best. ”
He has also convinced me that if my sister found out it would cause her to lose the baby she was carrying. At that time I really didn’t know any better so I believed him. Finally I realized I had to tell someone and of course Michelle was who I turned to. I explained what happened, how it made me feel, how it made me view things. Never in my life did I think she would tell anyone. Once again I was wrong, within three days it seemed the whole school knew. To make matters worse Michelle told people that it had been my fault. That it wasn’t rape at all, that I had agreed to it. Even worse she told them I was pregnant by him.
I couldn’t understand how she could do something like that to me. Here I was trying to cope with what had been done to me physically and she betrayed me in a way that I couldn’t even begin to understand. Granted, in time the talk moved on to something else as it always does in schools, and they all realized that I wasn’t pregnant. Still, the damage to me was already done. I learned the hard way the need to be careful who you trust. It is something that was remained with me to this day. After being betrayed by my best friend, it became nearly impossible to trust anyone. Betrayed by my best friend By eschewing 123
Cite this page
Essay About Betrayal Of A Trusted Friend. (2019, Nov 27). Retrieved from https://paperap.com/paper-on-betrayed-by-my-best-friend/
"Essay About Betrayal Of A Trusted Friend." PaperAp.com , 27 Nov 2019, https://paperap.com/paper-on-betrayed-by-my-best-friend/
PaperAp.com. (2019). Essay About Betrayal Of A Trusted Friend . [Online]. Available at: https://paperap.com/paper-on-betrayed-by-my-best-friend/ [Accessed: 10 Sep. 2023]
"Essay About Betrayal Of A Trusted Friend." PaperAp.com, Nov 27, 2019. Accessed September 10, 2023. https://paperap.com/paper-on-betrayed-by-my-best-friend/
"Essay About Betrayal Of A Trusted Friend," PaperAp.com , 27-Nov-2019. [Online]. Available: https://paperap.com/paper-on-betrayed-by-my-best-friend/. [Accessed: 10-Sep-2023]
PaperAp.com. (2019). Essay About Betrayal Of A Trusted Friend . [Online]. Available at: https://paperap.com/paper-on-betrayed-by-my-best-friend/ [Accessed: 10-Sep-2023]
- Code Words For Very Trusted Persons MK-Ultra Pages: 3 (608 words)
- In God We Trusted Pages: 9 (2581 words)
- Hip Hops Betrayal Of Black Women Pages: 4 (1104 words)
- Betrayal Themes Pages: 5 (1241 words)
- Adultery, Betrayal, And Deception In The Scarlet Letter By Nathaniel Hawthorne Pages: 10 (2867 words)
- The Theme of Betrayal in The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner Pages: 2 (583 words)
- A Concept Of Betrayal in the Novel The Kite Runner Pages: 4 (1071 words)
- Exploring Betrayal and Loyalty Through Play Structure Pages: 3 (640 words)
- A Dog Is A Man's Best Friend Essay Pages: 3 (873 words)
- No one knows what time it is by René friend Review Pages: 4 (1010 words)
Composition on the topic of betrayal
Betrayal. Hardly the worst thing that can happen in a person’s life. Betrayal is almost like death. Death of trust and intimacy. Betrayal is like the intentional humiliation of a loved one.
What exactly is a betrayal? After all, we sometimes deceive loved ones, but usually this is not a betrayal, but only an attempt not to offend or unwillingness to quarrel. In my opinion, betrayal is a deliberate deception of a person’s expectations about you. For example, you convince someone who thinks you are a friend, that you will necessarily go with him to the hospital, because he is very worried, but at that moment you know that you will not go anywhere and will not even warn you. That is, betrayal is a conscious lie that a person can count on you.
Why do people betray? Apparently, there are two main reasons for this. First, it does not matter to a person that another will be hurt. And the second – he does not have the courage to say directly that he no longer likes or does not want to communicate just because he is afraid of hurting a person who is not indifferent to whom he does not want to continue his relationship.
They say that the worst thing is when a person betrays himself, his views and desires. This he puts his true needs below those imposed on him from the outside. By refusing yourself, you can get money, fame or something else, but if this is not really what you want, what’s the point in it?
Traitors lived at all times. Often there were people who, for their own benefit, opened the gates of their city to their enemies. However, I am sure that happiness can not be built on someone else’s misfortune, and all bad things return to the person who created the evil. Yes, I believe that betrayal is evil, to which there is a weak person who does not know how to achieve his worthy way.
It is always difficult to judge such a concept as treachery. Perhaps, people have excuses, but the heartache of the one who was betrayed, will always live in his heart. Yes, no one says that life is a simple thing. I hope that honesty and sincerity in relations between people, morality and just compassion for each other is the sure way to avoid betrayal.
- Cowardice and betrayal – how are these concepts related Betrayal is the worst thing that can happen between people. It marks the death of intimacy and trust. A person who decides to betrayal deliberately stabs you in the back. After all, we do not talk about betrayal from strangers, only a close person can betray. What is betrayal? This is deliberate deception or abuse […]...
- What is treason? Betrayal… Hardly the worst thing that can happen in a person’s life. Betrayal is almost like death. Death of trust and intimacy. Betrayal is like the intentional humiliation of a loved one. What exactly is a betrayal? After all, we sometimes deceive loved ones, but usually this is not a betrayal, but only an attempt […]...
- What is betrayal? In the composition there are references to the story of A. Likhanov. Option 1 Betrayal is a misdemeanor, which manifests itself in the fact that a person by his unworthy behavior erases friendship, love, a sense of duty. The traitor, as a rule, strikes unexpectedly, and therefore the received mental wounds are very painful. In […]...
- Composition on the topic “Kind man” I live at home in an apartment, I have parents who love me, take care of me. Of course, they can be called kind people, they buy me food and clothes, without demanding anything in return. Concerning other people, we can say that they are good or evil by nature. I believe that I can […]...
- The composition on the topic of love according to Bunin’s story “Dark alleys” The story “Dark alleys,” written in 1938 in pre-war France, brings us back to Russia at the beginning of the twentieth century, at a time about which Bunin had only sad memories. But at the same time the writer tells a story that could happen at any time and in any country. After all, people […]...
- Composition on the topic of a good man What does a good person mean? Who can say that he is a good person? Very often a good one is called that person who helps the others. Maybe it’s so good, maybe not. Perhaps, he does it not from a pure heart, but simply to seem good to the rest. A good person is […]...
- Composition on the topic “About Love” Love is one of the feelings that is given to a person in life. You can say that this feeling makes a man kinder, cleaner, more perfect. The theme of love is one of the leading themes of world literature from ancient times to the present day. Many lovers have become the personification of this […]...
- Composition on the topic “Native people” The closest and most loved people for me is my family. I love them very much and can not imagine my life without them. For each day spent surrounded by warmth, caring, affection and love from my family, I am ready to thank God. After all, it is actually a higher happiness to feel that […]...
- Composition on the topic of moral choice Every day we come across different situations. And often we have to make our choice of how to act and what to prefer. In some cases, a person’s decision can depend not only on his own disappointment or satisfaction, but also on someone’s life. The problem of moral choice has been and will be eternal. […]...
- Composition on the topic “Homeless animals” From the very earliest times we, people, have tamed wild animals, for a long time near a man lived cats and dogs. So it was many centuries ago, when a man perceived himself as a part of nature. Today, the conditions of our lives have changed greatly, but despite all the achievements of science and […]...
- Composition on the topic “Is it difficult to be a true friend” An integral part of the life of any person is a friendly relationship with someone who understands and supports him. Blood relatives, who give the first experience of interaction with the society, do not always turn out to be good friends. Many parents tend to consider the baby not just an inalienable continuation of themselves, […]...
- Composition on the topic “Moral problems” Criticism notes that in the writings of a number of our writers a new hero has emerged, thinking about the meaning of life and morality, looking for this meaning, which understands its responsibility in life. Thinking about the problems and vices of society, thinking about how to fix them, such a hero begins with himself. […]...
- Composition on the topic of faith Faith is the inner conviction of a person, his personal truth, truth. Faith is strong and unshakable. There is also such a belief that external circumstances can crush. People believe in God, in higher intelligence, in ideas, in other people and in themselves. From what a person believes or does not believe, his thoughts, actions, […]...
- Composition on the topic “Do good” To be kind, to do good deeds, to help people-all this has been taught us since childhood, everyone knows how to act properly, and very few follow these rules. People often think only of themselves and do not want to help others just like that, without any benefit. Seeking money, wealth or making a career […]...
- Composition on the topic “Home” Our ancestors in the concept of the house invested very much. Another Old Testament ark saved Noah from the flood, becoming a symbol of the life of a new, better civilization. Turning to countless puzzles, proverbs, conspiracies, we see that the house symbolized both the real and the spiritual world. From time immemorial, he was […]...
- The composition on the topic “Carefully – the word” Every day we speak more than 5000 words. For many, they do not mean anything. But the word – the main tool of man, which can be wounded, and you can cheer. One can say a thousand empty words, but one can be truthful, which breaks all deceit and anger. The correct words, composed in […]...
- Composition on the theme of disinterestedness From the very childhood of each of us, we were taught to be unselfish. Unselfish, means a kind, generous, benevolent person, helping people, not demanding anything in substitutions. For me, disinterested – it’s not just a person who transferred a grandmother across the road or fed a stray dog. Disinterested for me – this is […]...
- Composition on the topic “Interesting person” “There are no uninteresting people in the world,” said poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko. Is it so? After all, quite often about someone you hear that he is a bright person, and someone is a “gray mouse”, so nobody cares. Everyone puts his meaning in the notion of an “interesting person.” One day, along with my classmate, […]...
- Composition on the topic: Educated person The educated person. What does this concept mean? The explanatory dictionary defines the word “educated” as: “Different in good education, able to behave well”. At different times people, of course, put different meaning in this concept, because the “good” education for people of different eras was represented in different ways. After all, what was considered […]...
- Composition on the topic “Cultural man” Very often we come across such an expression as a “cultural person”, but, unfortunately, not everyone understands what it means. Why is it so important to be cultured? What are the characteristics of a cultured person and does he exist at all? For millennia our society has come a long way in its development. Beginning […]...
- Composition on the topic of responsibility Responsibility is a thing that does not exist by itself, but is always viewed in a certain context. Some views on responsibility in our society are so large that it is quite difficult to determine the correct behavior of a person. The more responsibility, the less a person is able to change something and influence […]...
- The composition “Good conquers evil” Good and evil are two concepts that always go along at all times. No, they are not allies, there is an eternal struggle between them. Unfortunately, in our life, not everything is as simple as in fairy tales. Goodness does not always overcome dark forces. Outside the window is the XXI century. High technologies are […]...
- Composition on the topic of happiness It is difficult to talk about such a concept as happiness. For each person the word happiness has its own special meaning, connected with the way its life develops. What is happiness and how to achieve it? Is it in the sense of lightness, joy, peace or happiness measured by the achievements of man? Everyone […]...
- Composition on the topic of Generosity Generosity, I believe, is a very beautiful quality. And very rare. Especially in our time. Personally, I like generous people… However, they like the majority, because it’s profitable to communicate with such a person. You can always wait for a gift! However, there is also a minority, which generosity in people does not welcome. Some […]...
- Composition on the topic “Good deed” And what is it? What pushes people to do them? It seems to me that any person gives good for some reason, coming from his soul. To some, they are given easily and are a daily habit, a commonplace affair. And for some, the difficulty is that you have to step over yourself, your views […]...
- Composition on the topic of real friends The question of what qualities a true friend has is both complex and simple at the same time. On the one hand, almost everyone knows and can easily say what kind of qualities. In friends, we all really appreciate loyalty and reliability. What kind of friend, if you can not rely on him completely? In […]...
- The composition on the topic “Spiritlessness” Spiritlessness is one of the biggest problems of modern society. Traditionally, with lack of spirituality, it is accepted to understand the absence of a person’s high life aspirations, principles, ideals of being, a sense of sublimity. Unfortunately, when looking at many modern people, it seems that they are completely soulless, it has many different manifestations. […]...
- Composition on the topic of choosing the path of life Every person faces a choice very often. Every day, from the very morning he thinks about what to wear, what to cook for breakfast, what to tell his relatives, whether to do exercises. It is clear that even then, throughout the day, he has a lot to think about the choice. There are complex issues […]...
- Composition on the topic of family values Every person should have a family that loves him. The family is the main value in our world. Without relatives, a person’s life is not full. It is the family that will always help and support in difficult moments of our life. And our main value is our parents. They gave us life, raised us […]...
- The composition on the topic “Favorite subject” For any of the students is not a secret, both in principle and for teachers, that there are favorite subjects and not quite. Everyone has this very different thing: who can generally love all the objects, but certainly all the objects can not be hated – each of us has a favorite subject, which is […]...
- Composition on the topic “Civil War” The civil battle, in my opinion, is the most brutal and bloody battle, because in it sometimes close people who once lived in one whole, one country, who believed in one God and adhered to certain ideals, are fighting. How does it happen that native people rise on different sides of the barricades and how […]...
- Composition on the topic “Than people are alive?” This problem will be relevant at all times. You can argue indefinitely. Everything in Russia was intermittent – it concerned the internal and external aspects of people’s lives, their way of life, politics. It all depends on the inner ideology of each individual person, his moral character, spiritual and cultural values. We live in society […]...
- Composition on the topic “Hurry to do good deeds” Hurry to do good deedsEach man in his life is faced with kindness towards himself or others. Kindness is what makes our society more humane and compassionate in the effort to give joy to surrounding people, to show sincere feelings. People whose thoughts and deeds are connected with good deeds, live a truly full life. […]...
- Composition on the topic of self-sacrifice The problem of self-sacrifice, heroism during the war. The Russian Soviet writer – Vladimir Maksimovich Bogomolov in his text discusses the problem of self-sacrifice, heroism during the war. The text refers to the history that occurred during the Great Patriotic War: it was necessary to deliver ammunition. People who did the job understood. They can […]...
- Composition on the topic of the profession After graduating from school, a person should make the most responsible step in his life – choose a profession. A profession is a deliberately chosen channel in which you will invest a lot of energy and time. It is very important that the abilities and character traits correspond to your type of activity. There is […]...
- Composition on the topic “Pollution of nature” It’s no secret that people have always, in one way or another, harmed the environment. They cut down trees, hunted, liberated the territory for grazing, but nature under such conditions could be restored. Now the pollution has reached such a scale that it becomes scary. And it happens because of the activity of a person […]...
- The composition on the topic “Away well, but at home is better” What does this expression mean? We all like to visit. So we are distracted from everyday bustle and worries, there is an opportunity to see friends and relatives who have not been seen for a long time. Children especially like to go to visit, because there you can have fun, parents allow you to eat […]...
- Composition on the topic of mutual understanding A. Ostrovsky in his work “Thunderstorm” wrote that at any time, any century in society there will be many problems and their actuality they will not lose even after many years. In the play “Thunderstorm” we see many heroes. who possess qualities that are often present in modern society. Remember Boris, who was respectful with […]...
- Composition on the topic The man that I like The teacher walks by, approaches the blackboard and announces the theme of the essay: “The man I like.” In the class runs a low hum. All decide who they will write about. I think, I decide and I represent, about whom my composition will be. The first thing that came to mind was the idea […]...
- Composition on the topic “Profession fireman” Very soon, on April 30, the Day of the fireman or rescuer will be celebrated in the country. I thought about it; it means that people of this profession are in high esteem in our country? On the territory of our country, the first fire brigade was created in Moscow in 1504. But the firefighter’s […]...
- Essay Samples
- College Essay
- Writing Tools
- Writing guide
Creative samples from the experts
↑ Return to Essay Samples
Definition Essay: Betrayal
Betrayal is a word from Middle English and it was originally bitrayen. There are many forms of betrayal, and it is common within a culture to have varying degrees of punishment for betrayal, most of which are rather severe as it is considered one of the more painful and unsympathetic acts a person may do.
Why betrayal is considered so severe?
Almost all betrayal involves some sort of premeditation, including if the betrayal is through an act of omittance. It involves using the trust that has been built up and earned for personal use or gain. The trust is often broken once the betrayal is clearly visible.
The severity of betrayal
It is considered a severe act because it is more than just lying. People may lie to gain trust in order to betray it, but the fact is that lying on its own merit is not as bad as betrayal. A person may lie to another without any form of trust existing, and the more trust that has built then the bigger the betrayal. There is often an amount of lying involved in a betrayal, though this is not always the case.
More unsympathetic than most crimes
A person may murder out of revenge or in order to help ease suffering, but since betrayal requires trust and the breaking of that trust, it is considered more unsympathetic. A person may understand a theft in order to feed a family, but people rarely understand a premeditated act of building trust in order to break that trust for personal gain.
If trust has been established, then even aiding the enemy of the one that trusts is still betrayal. It is also betrayal if one uses the trust of one person (or thing) in order to gain the trust of another person (or thing); the thing may be a company or even a country. The longer the trust is maintained after the betrayal, then the more severe the act of betrayal is.
After six years of marriage a woman may sleep with another man. This is a betrayal because there was a promise of monogamy, plus the implied emotions and feelings that are tied with the woman claiming she is in love are all part of promises based on trust. The woman says she has certain feelings of love to the point where she marries in a large symbolic gesture implying she intends to spend her live with just one man–both emotionally, physically and sexually. These are all the trust building elements, and the actual affair is the point of betrayal. Whether the man finds out or not, he has still been betrayed. The betrayal grows ever worse the longer the woman denies telling the man about her infidelity.
Betrayal is the act of building trust and then using that trust for personal gain. It often involves breaking the trust and often involves lying. Betrayal is anything that acts out of the interest of a something or someone when that something or someone has been lead to believe that would not happen.
Follow Us on Social Media
Get more free essays
Send via email
Most useful resources for students:.
- Free Essays Download
- Writing Tools List
- Proofreading Services
- Universities Rating
Find more useful services for students
Free plagiarism check, professional editing, online tutoring, free grammar check.