Social Issues Topics: Exploring the Challenges Shaping Our World
Did you know that social issues are not just distant problems affecting others? They are deeply intertwined with our lives and have a profound impact on our daily experiences, shaping the very fabric of our society. From systemic inequality to environmental degradation, these issues have the power to shape the course of history and determine the well-being of generations to come. Get ready to dive into the fascinating realm of social issues topics! In this article, we'll explore their complexities, understand why they matter, learn how to write compelling essays about them and discover a captivating list of the most important social issues examples of our time. This thought-provoking journey will challenge our beliefs and inspire us to take meaningful action for a better future. So, let's dive in and get started!
What Are Social Issues
Social issues are the threads that intricately weave through the fabric of our society, demanding our attention, empathy, and action. They are the challenges and complexities that affect individuals, communities, and even entire nations, often leaving a profound impact on people's lives. These issues stem from the interconnectedness of our world, where various factors like politics, economics, culture, and individual experiences intersect, creating a tapestry of social problems that need to be addressed.
Social issues encompass a wide range of concerns, encompassing everything from poverty and inequality to gender discrimination, environmental degradation, and access to healthcare and education. They represent the barriers that prevent individuals from thriving, the disparities that hinder progress, and the injustices that undermine equality and human rights.
Take poverty, for example. It is not merely a lack of financial resources; it is a pervasive condition that robs individuals of their dignity, opportunities, and hope for a better future. Poverty intertwines with education, as limited access to quality education perpetuates the cycle of disadvantage. It intersects with healthcare, as inadequate medical services disproportionately affect the most vulnerable members of society. And it connects with inequality as wealth disparities widen and prevents social mobility.
As per our essay writing service , to address social issues today, it is crucial to recognize that they are not isolated problems. They are intertwined and interdependent, requiring holistic solutions that encompass multiple dimensions. It takes collective efforts from individuals, communities, governments, and organizations to foster change. Raising awareness, advocating for policy reforms, and promoting equality are essential steps toward ensuring that marginalized groups benefit and creating a more just and equitable society.
What If Your Words Could Ignite a Social Movement?
Order your social issue essay and spark the change you want to see!
Understanding the Importance of Social Issues in Today's World
Social issues are not abstract concepts confined to textbooks or news headlines. They are pressing challenges that affect real people and demand our attention. By actively engaging with these issues, we have the opportunity to shape a more equitable and compassionate world for ourselves and future generations.
The importance of social issues in developing countries lies in their impact on human rights, well-being, and social progress. By addressing these issues, we strive to build inclusive societies where everyone has equal opportunities and can live a dignified life. It is not only a matter of justice and compassion but also essential for sustainable development and peaceful coexistence.
Moreover, social issues highlight the power of collective action and advocacy. They remind us that we have a shared responsibility to stand up for what is right and work towards positive change. Thanks to the advancements in technology and communication, it is now easier than ever to raise awareness, mobilize communities, and bring about transformative social movements. Social media platforms have become powerful tools for amplifying marginalized voices and shedding light on systemic injustices.
How to Write an Essay About Social Issues
So you've got an assignment on social issues essay topics, huh? Don't worry; we've got your back! Writing about social issues may seem like a tough nut to crack, but trust us; it's a crucial part of academic writing. Social issues are basically problems that affect a whole bunch of people in society. We're talking about everything from politics and economics to education and health and so much more. But hey, no need to stress! Our custom writing experts are here to give you some awesome tips to help you rock that essay and make it super interesting. Let's dive in, shall we?
Choose Your Topic Wisely
Let's begin by taking the first step, my friend! It's all about choosing a topic for research papers that resonates with your heart and feels like a natural fit for your mind. When you opt for a subject that genuinely sparks your personal interest, the research and essay writing process, complete with the proper format of academic paper , will become a delightful adventure.
Engage in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas and conduct thorough investigations to gather factual information. Now, here's a nifty trick: if the chosen issue seems a bit overwhelming with its multiple dimensions, no worries! Just narrow down your focus to a specific aspect. For example, if you're tackling poverty, you can zoom in on the causes, the consequences, or even strategies to alleviate it. The world is your oyster, so let's get cracking!
Support Your Opinion with Examples
When you're writing a research paper about examples of social issues, it's really important to include research and data that support your position. This helps the reader understand why your perspective is necessary and what evidence you have to back it up. For instance, if you're discussing the impact of poverty, you can provide statistics on the number of people in need, how poverty and health problems affect education, and the connection between poverty and crime. Including these kinds of details, just like in economics essay topics , will make your essay more persuasive and engaging.
Keep It Simple
Ensuring your essay is simple and easy to understand is crucial. Instead of using complex words, opt for simpler alternatives that convey the same meaning effectively. By keeping your essay readable, you make it more engaging and easier for the reader to follow. Avoid employing jargon or technical terms that might confuse your audience. Instead, use plain language and take the time to explain any intricate terms or concepts, making the essay accessible to all readers. Following these guidelines on how to write an essay on social issues will help you effectively communicate your ideas and engage your audience.
Revise and Edit
Before you submit your essay, it's important to take a few steps to ensure its quality. Start by checking its structure, making sure it flows smoothly and logically. Verify that your arguments are well-supported and presented in a cohesive manner. Give your essay a thorough review to catch any spelling or grammar mistakes. Additionally, pay attention to formatting, ensuring consistency throughout the entire piece. It can be beneficial to have someone else read your essay and provide feedback as well. Taking these precautions will help you present polished and well-crafted topics for essays .
Social Issues Essay Example
For students seeking a practical example of a well-structured and insightful social issues essay, the pursuit of global citizenship stands as a compelling topic to explore. Through this example, you can gain inspiration and guidance for your own social issues essays, understanding how to construct a compelling argument and convey the importance of promoting positive change in society.
5 Social Issues of Today
Today's society is facing a multitude of social issues that have a significant impact on people's lives. Here is a list of some of the most pressing social issues that affect people worldwide:
- Climate change and global warming : The effects of climate change are already being felt around the world, with rising sea levels, more frequent natural disasters, and changes in weather patterns. The burning of fossil fuels, deforestation, and other human activities are contributing to this issue, and it is essential that we take action to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Income inequality : The gap between the rich and the poor is widening, with the wealthiest 1% of the world's population owning more than half of the world's wealth. This inequality can lead to social unrest, and it is important that we address this issue by promoting fair wages, progressive taxation, and other policies that support economic equality.
- War : Armed conflicts continue to plague different regions around the world, resulting in significant humanitarian crises. Wars not only cause immense suffering, displacement, and loss of life but also have far-reaching consequences on infrastructure, economies, and social stability.
- Gender equality : Despite progress in recent years, gender inequality remains a significant issue in many parts of the world. Women still face discrimination in the workplace, unequal pay, and limited access to education and healthcare. It is crucial that we continue to work towards gender equality and empower women to achieve their full potential.
- Mental health issues and addiction : Mental health issues and addiction are becoming increasingly prevalent in today's society, affecting people of all ages and backgrounds. The stigma surrounding mental health can prevent people from seeking help, and it is important that we raise awareness and provide access to affordable and effective treatment options.
Social Issues Essay Topics
Are you feeling stuck while searching for fascinating subjects or a comprehensive list of social issues that can also serve as perfect dissertation topics ? We understand the challenge you're facing, but don't worry! Selecting the right topic is crucial for crafting an exceptional essay and earning your degree from a reputable American college or university. To ignite your creativity, we've compiled a comprehensive list of captivating social issues for you to explore. Get ready to dive in and discover that perfect idea for your next academic project!
👀 Interesting Social Issues Essay Topics
- Income inequality and its impact on modern society.
- The role of social media in shaping public opinion and activism.
- Mental health stigma and its effects on individuals and communities.
- The challenges faced by refugees and their integration into new societies.
- The impact of technology on interpersonal relationships.
- Gender inequality and the fight for gender equity.
- The effects of climate change on vulnerable communities.
- The basic ethical principles of genetic engineering and human enhancement.
- The impact of globalization on cultural identity.
- The role of education in reducing poverty and social inequality.
- The criminal justice system and its approach to rehabilitation versus punishment.
- The implications of automation and artificial intelligence on employment.
- The impact of media portrayal on body image and self-esteem.
- The effects of racial discrimination and strategies for achieving racial equality.
- The challenges and opportunities of multiculturalism in contemporary society.
🎲 Peace and War Topics
- Causes and origins of the Russia-Ukraine war: Explore the underlying factors that led to the outbreak of the conflict, such as historical, political, and ethnic tensions.
- International response to the Russia-Ukraine war: Analyze the reactions and actions taken by various countries, regional organizations, and global institutions in response to the conflict.
- The conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo and the challenge of achieving lasting peace.
- The Kashmir conflict between India and Pakistan: Historical context, current status, and potential solutions.
- The ongoing tensions in the Korean Peninsula: Assessing the prospects for peace and denuclearization.
- The Syrian Civil War and its Regional and global implications.
- The Israel-Palestine conflict: Historical background, current dynamics, and prospects for peace.
- The war in Afghanistan: Challenges, consequences, and prospects for stability.
- The conflict in South Sudan and the impact on regional security.
- The war on terror: Assessing the effectiveness of counterterrorism strategies and the implications for civil liberties.
🔬 Social Science Topics
- The impact of microaggressions on marginalized communities and its implications for mental health.
- Exploring the social and cultural factors that influence body image dissatisfaction among different ethnic groups.
- The role of social capital in fostering community resilience and disaster preparedness.
- Investigating the relationship between cultural heritage preservation and sustainable development.
- Analyzing the influence of social networks on political participation and civic engagement.
- Exploring the social implications of virtual reality technology on empathy and perspective-taking.
- Investigating the role of humor and laughter in social interactions and psychological well-being.
- Analyzing the effects of eco-anxiety on environmental attitudes and behavior.
- The impact of social media accounts activism on social movements and policy change.
- Exploring the cultural and societal implications of the sharing economy and collaborative consumption.
🏙 Migration and Immigration Topics
- The experiences and challenges faced by LGBTQ+ migrants and refugees.
- Analyzing the role of migrant remittances in economic development and poverty reduction in sending countries.
- Exploring the impact of immigration policies on family dynamics and the well-being of immigrant families.
- Investigating the role of social networks in facilitating successful integration of immigrants into host societies.
- The effects of climate change-induced migration and its implications for global governance and social justice.
- Analyzing the influence of cultural identity preservation among second-generation immigrants.
- The impact of labor migration on gender roles and dynamics within migrant communities.
- Exploring the role of language acquisition and proficiency in the social integration of immigrants.
- Investigating the intersections of migration, health, and access to healthcare services.
- Analyzing the economic, social, and cultural contributions of immigrant entrepreneurs to host countries.
🌳 Environmental Social Issues Essay Topics
- The intersection of environmental justice and social equity: Analyzing the disproportionate impacts of environmental degradation on marginalized communities.
- The role of indigenous knowledge and practices in sustainable resource management.
- The impact of consumerism and overconsumption on the environment and social well-being.
- Exploring the social and economic implications of climate-induced migration and displacement.
- The influence of environmental education and awareness on individual and collective environmental behaviors.
- Analyzing the relationship between environmental degradation and public health, focusing on air and water pollution.
- The role of corporate social responsibility in promoting environmental sustainability and addressing social concerns.
- Investigating the social implications of plastic waste and exploring strategies for reducing single-use plastics.
- The impact of urbanization on ecosystems and the social well-being of urban communities.
- Analyzing the social dimensions of renewable energy transitions and the equitable distribution of benefits.
💖 LGBT Topic Ideas
- The historical evolution of LGBT rights movements: From Stonewall to present-day advocacy.
- Exploring the experiences and challenges faced by transgender individuals in healthcare systems.
- Analyzing the representation of LGBT characters in media and its impact on social perceptions.
- The intersectionality of race, gender, and sexuality in the LGBT community.
- Investigating the effects of conversion therapy on the mental health and well-being of LGBT individuals.
- Exploring the experiences of LGBT youth in educational settings and the impact of supportive environments.
- The role of LGBT support organizations and community centers in fostering social inclusion and well-being.
- Analyzing the impact of religious beliefs and attitudes on the acceptance of same-sex marriage.
- Exploring the experiences and challenges of older LGBT adults and the importance of inclusive care and support systems.
- The impact of policies and legislation on LGBT rights and equality, both nationally and internationally.
🏛 Social Justice Essay Topics
- Exploring the concept of reparations for historical injustices and its role in achieving social justice.
- The impact of language and communication barriers on access to justice for marginalized communities.
- Analyzing the social justice implications of algorithmic bias in artificial intelligence systems.
- Examining the role of art and creative expression in advancing social justice movements.
- The intersection of disability rights and social justice: Challenges and advancements.
- Exploring the impact of gentrification on communities and strategies for promoting equitable development.
- Analyzing the role of restorative justice in addressing harm within educational institutions.
- The impact of colonialism on indigenous communities and the pursuit of social justice.
- The role of community organizing in promoting grassroots social justice initiatives.
- Examining the social justice implications of mass incarceration and advocating for criminal justice reform.
🔗 Discrimination and Prejudice Topics
- The effects of racial profiling on marginalized communities and its implications for social justice.
- Analyzing the psychological mechanisms underlying implicit bias and its impact on decision-making processes.
- The intersectionality of discrimination: Exploring how multiple forms of discrimination (race, gender, sexuality, etc.) intersect and compound.
- Discrimination and prejudice in the workplace: Examining challenges and strategies for promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Exploring the effects of religious discrimination on individuals and communities.
- The impact of ageism on older adults and strategies for combating age-related discrimination.
- Analyzing the social and psychological consequences of fat shaming and weight-based discrimination.
- Discrimination against individuals with disabilities and the importance of accessibility and inclusive practices.
- The role of the media in perpetuating stereotypes and its influence on discrimination.
- Examining the effects of prejudice and discrimination on mental health and well-being.
🔪 Violence Topics
- The role of violence in sports: Examining the impact of aggression and its consequences in athletic competitions.
- Violence against healthcare workers: Analyzing the prevalence, causes, and strategies for ensuring safety in healthcare settings.
- The impact of violence on refugee and displaced populations: Exploring the challenges and interventions for addressing violence in these contexts.
- Violence in the digital realm: Investigating online harassment, cyberbullying, and the psychological effects on victims.
- The relationship between animal cruelty and violence towards humans: Exploring the link and implications for social well-being.
- The effects of violence in video games: Analyzing the debate and research surrounding its potential influence on real-life aggression.
- The role of violence in hazing rituals and initiation ceremonies: Understanding the dynamics and potential harm caused.
- Exploring violence in marginalized communities: Addressing the underlying factors and strategies for promoting community safety.
- Silent Suffering: Unmasking the Reality of Domestic Violence
- Violence in the workplace: Examining the impact of bullying, harassment, and assault on employees and organizational well-being.
👩🦯 Humanity Topics
- The power of empathy and compassion in fostering understanding and social harmony.
- Exploring the ethics of artificial intelligence and its impact on human dignity and autonomy.
- The role of forgiveness in healing personal and societal wounds.
- Analyzing the concept of human rights and its universality across different cultures and contexts.
- The pursuit of global citizenship and its potential for promoting peace and cooperation.
- Exploring the intersection of technology and humanity: Examining the benefits and challenges of the digital age.
- The impact of cultural diversity on societal progress and innovation.
- Analyzing the concept of altruism and its role in creating a more compassionate world.
- The importance of intergenerational connections and the wisdom of older generations in shaping our future.
- Examining the concept of identity and the balance between individuality and collective belonging.
Social issues are like a cosmic web, connecting countless lives worldwide. This article has been your guide, exploring their intricacies and significance while equipping you to create a powerful social issues essay. Remember, every essay has the power to inspire change.
And here's a little nugget of wisdom: some of the most remarkable social movements in history were sparked by a single person's words on paper. Yes, you heard that right! So, my friend, now you know how to start an essay , so get ready to unleash the power of your pen and leave your mark on the world. Together, we can be the catalysts for a brighter tomorrow!
Are You Ready to Challenge the Status Quo?
Order your eye-opening social issue essay now and ignite a revolution!
- Web Stories
Not Now! Will rate later
100 Essay Topics for 2023
- India to be the world’s third largest economy by 2028
- Impact of increasing inflation on global economy
- How important is flow of money for the economy?
- Need of the Hour is to Maximise Possibilities of Agriculture in India
- Inequality can be Reduced by the Power of the Market rather than the Government
- FDI in Defence sector
- RBI’s strategies to tackle inflation in Economy
- Non-Performing Assets and their impact on economy
- The New Era of MSMEs
- Global Recession and shapes of Economy
- India becoming a leader in Renewable Energy
- Are Mergers the only solution to revive debt ridden banks?
- One Nation One Ration Card : Need and Impact
- Crypto-currency and issues related to it
- Growing trends of Privatisation
- Fugitive Economic Offenders and the need to bring them back
- Higher Education versus skill acquisition
- Entrance exams versus Qualifying exams - what is the relevance of entrance exams for admissions to UG and PG courses in India?
- Online schooling, can it be the future of education?
- New Education Policy: A Progressive Policy with Diverse Challenges
- Labour Law Reforms
- HRD Ministry is now Education Ministry: Just a change of name or more?
- COVID-19: Biodiversity Conservation– Our Solutions are in Nature
- Hyper-globalism is threat to human prosperity
- Net Zero Carbon Emission
- Shifting of Earth's Geo-Magnetic field and its impact
- Money Laundering and Illegal Wildlife trade
- Ban on plastic: Environment vs. Economy
- Seed Bombs: Solution to Man-Animal Conflict
- Growing Pollution in Rivers
- Organic Farming in India
- Growing Intolerance in the world
- Goodwill is the only asset that competition cannot undersell or destroy
- Is defection becoming the new norm in Indian politics?
- New India @75
- Scrapping of section 377 - progressive addition to Human rights protection
- Pro poor policies of Modi Government
- Controversies surrounding the Present-day NDA government in India
- Relevance of the Supreme court's decision to decriminalize the crime of adultery laid under section 497 of IPC
- India China border issues – how can India maintain balance between conflict & trade relations?
- Too much Democracy is Detrimental to Development
- India needs aggressive and pragmatic neighbourhood policy
- Today India Needs ‘Harmony in Diversity’, Not Unity in Diversity
- India and SDGs
- India’s Neighbourhood Policy
- India’s Participation in Central Asian Region
- India’s claim to UNSC permanent membership
- Presidential vs Parliamentary form of government- which one India should go for?
- India’s deepening malnutrition
- India as the World’s fifth largest economy
- One nation one election
- What is CAATSA and its implications on India?
- Growing left wing politics in India
- GST growth indicates India’s growth
- Compatibility of the Contempt of Court with International Standards
- Decisive Interview, GD & Essay prep
- 100 Most Important Essay Topics for 2021
- Essay Writing for B-schools
- Top 100 Abstract Topics
- Essay Writing: Stepwise Approach
- Essay Writing: Grammar and Style
- Common Mistakes in Essay Writing
- Actual Essay/ WAT topics
- Top Factual Essay Topics
- Essay Writing: Brainstorming Techniques
- Essay Writing: Sentence Structure
- Essay Writing: Do’s and Don’ts
- Group Discussions
- Past Experiences
Most Popular Articles - PS
Essay Writing/Written Ability Test (WAT) for B-schools
Case & Situation based Essay Topics
Do's and Don'ts of Essay Writing
Download our app.
- Learn on-the-go
- Unlimited Prep Resources
- Better Learning Experience
- Personalized Guidance
Get More Out of Your Exam Preparation - Try Our App!
Essay On Social Issues
500 Words Essay On Social Issues
Social Issues is an undesirable state which opposes society or a certain part of society. It refers to an unwanted situation that frequently results in problems and continues to harm society . Social issues can cause a lot of problems that can be beyond the control of just one person. Through an essay on social issues, we will learn why they are harmful and what types of social issues we face.
Drawbacks of Social Issues
Social issues have a lot of drawbacks that harms our society. They are situations that have an adverse and damaging result on our society. They arise when the public leaves nature or society from an ideal situation.
If you look closely, you will realize that almost all types of social issues have common origins. In the sense that they all are interconnected somehow. Meaning to say, if one solves the other one is also most likely to resolve.
Social issues have a massive lousy effect on our society and ultimately, it affects all of us. In order to solve some social issues, we need a common approach. No society is free from social issues, almost every one of them has some social issue or the other.
For instance, in India, you will find a lot of social issues which the country is facing. It ranges from the caste system to child labour and gender inequality to religious conflicts. Thus, we are going through a critical time where we all must come together to free our society from undesirable social evils.
Get the huge list of more than 500 Essay Topics and Ideas
Major Social Issues
There are a lot of social issues we are facing right now, some more prominent than the others. First of all, poverty is a worldwide issue. It gives birth to a lot of other social issues which we must try to get away with at the earliest.
Further, countries like India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and more are facing the issue of the caste system since times unknown. It results in a lot of caste violence and inequality which takes the lives of many on a daily basis.
Moreover, child labour is another major social issue that damages the lives of young children. Similarly, illiteracy also ruins the lives of many by destroying their chances of a bright future.
In developing countries mostly, child marriage still exists and is responsible for ruining many lives. Similarly, dowry is a very serious and common social issue that almost all classes of people partake in.
Another prominent social issue is gender inequality which takes away many opportunities from deserving people. Domestic violence especially against women is a serious social issue we must all fight against.
Other social issues include starvation, child sex abuse, religious conflicts, child trafficking, terrorism , overpopulation, untouchability, communalism and many more. It is high time we end these social issues.
Conclusion of the Essay on Social Issues
A society can successfully end social issues if they become adamant. These social issues act as a barrier to the progress of society. Thus, we must all come together to fight against them and put them to an end for the greater good.
FAQ on Essay on Social Issues
Question 1: What is the meaning of social problem?
Answer 1: A social problem refers to any condition or behaviour which has a negative impact on a large number of people. It is normally recognized as a condition or behaviour that needs to be addressed.
Question 2: What are the effects of social issues?
Answer 2: Social issues affect our society adversely. Most importantly, it disturbs the harmony of society and gives rise to hostility and suspicion. Moreover, it creates large-scale social dissatisfaction, suffering and misery.
- Travelling Essay
- Picnic Essay
- Our Country Essay
- My Parents Essay
- Essay on Favourite Personality
- Essay on Memorable Day of My Life
- Essay on Knowledge is Power
- Essay on Gurpurab
- Essay on My Favourite Season
- Essay on Types of Sports
Which class are you in?
Download the App
215 Latest Social Issues Topics for Academic Writing
Table of Contents
If you have no idea what topic to choose for your essay or research paper writing, then go can very well choose to discuss any social issue. Every country, culture, and community in this world is continuously facing a lot of social issues as a result of an event or happening. So, you will never run short of ideas. Moreover, when writing about a social issue, you can bring more ideas, facts, and proofs for discussion. In case, you are unsure of what social issue to choose for your academic paper, take a look at this blog. Here, we have presented 200+ trending social issues topics of 2023 along with various other societal problems that exist in our society. Explore them all and pick a topic that suits your needs.
How to Find an Ideal Social Issue Topic for Academic Writing?
Subsequently, it’s significant to choose social issues topics wisely, as this might help you fetch good scores. Hence, consider the below criteria to choose your social issues topics:
- Firstly, ensure to choose social issues topics that might cause some debate and keep your audience hooked.
- Secondly, consider topics on which you may conduct research easily and find some relevant evidence to claim your support.
- Thirdly, consult your professors regarding the topics you choose, as you ought to ensure that it’s acceptable for 2021. Perhaps, you need to ensure that the chosen social issue topic is relevant for class discussion or not.
- Finally, search for trending hashtags of 2023 on media channels as well as look for news in the newspapers. Possibly, search for international news as well and attempt to understand the events across the world. Most importantly, you ought to consider how the events affect the lives of Americans in the different states.
Learn How to Write an Academic Paper on Social Issues
Certainly, writing on social issues topics might require conducting hardcore research. Also, it may require you to exercise sympathy and act tactfully, while writing such types of essays. Thus, let’s explore a few conditions that may help you write captivating essays on social issues topics.
- Specifically, identify the guidelines provided by your instructor. Since research papers need a comprehensive analysis, ensure to cite several references to support your claim. Perhaps, arguments play an important role because the essay requires your opinions.
- Besides, select topics that are either historical or modern. However, ensure to choose topics that might drive interest in you.
- Subsequently, conduct your research through books or encyclopedias on the topics, develop ideas, and create your first draft.
- Simultaneously, determine, how much information does the audience has on your subject. Also, watch your attitude as well and ensure to have the right tone because social issues topics are sensitive.
- Though, you have powerful feelings on your subject, keep it neutral in the essay. Perhaps, highlighting your viewpoints is correct, but remember you ought not to control others’ viewpoints.
Finally, proofread your work as you might want to maintain a logical flow and avoid grammatical mistakes. Possibly, you may leave your assignment idle for a day, and then edit it the next day.
List of Social Issues Topics and Ideas
Find here, a list of captivating social issues topics to draft an outstanding essay or a research paper.
Trending Social Issues Topics 2023
- Green energy conversion.
- Black Lives Matter- Elaborate on the social movement.
- Remote education and its challenges.
- US military troops in Afghanistan- Explain its relevance.
- Write about Same Sex marriage.
- Present your views on the fear of missing out.
- Write an essay on Urban Sprawl.
- Analyze the environmental situation of the Arctic Pole.
- Post Covid-19 society and supply chain diversification.
- Political polarization- How it is increasing?
- Modern society and the healthcare bias.
- Global unemployment at the peak- What is your viewpoint?
- Reasons behind the war between Russia and Ukraine
- Discuss the key social issues across the world
- How overpopulation becomes a global issue?
Simple Social Issues Topics
- Impact of Stereotype and Prejudice on social health and Wellbeing
- Domestic Violence and its Impact on Society
- Effect of Climate Change on Indian Economy
- Who is to blame for drug usage among youngsters?
- Technology addiction.
- Women Empowerment
- The presence of US Military troops in Afghanistan
- What are the challenges of remote education?
- Discuss the factors that influenced the worldwide pandemic and the specific role of vaccination.
- What is the supply chain diversification in the post covid-19 society?
- How Harmful is social media dependency?
- Should employers check employees’ accounts?
- Online ethics and business Facebook accounts.
- The effect of the cancel culture on mental health.
- Is modern society forcing us to participate in social networking?
Top Social Issues Topics for Assignment Writing
- Australian immigration and its history.
- The influence of war on terrorism in society.
- Pornography and children.
- Abuser and victim in the virtual environment- Cyberbullying.
- Write about Manipur Violence
- Internet and its safety- Discuss a few management strategies.
- Data safety and its importance.
- TikTok Challenges- Pros and Cons.
- Hate Speech- How does a social media website manage it?
- Social media accounts- Permission for children to access.
- Propagation of self-care and mindfulness on social media improve health: Explain with justifications
- Why do celebrities need to stay away from promoting alcoholic beverages and other addictive products?
- How social media ignites the social issue related to racism by spreading fake and manipulated news?
- Every society needs to focus on waste reduction for safeguarding ecosystems: Explain
- Why overpopulation is becoming a serious social issue?
Basic Essay Ideas on Social Issues
- Digital Divide in Washington- Elaborate on it.
- Social media and its benefit for marginalized groups.
- Technology and personal isolation in communication.
- The impact of online platforms on democracy.
- Basic ethical principles and how it goes overboard on the internet.
- The influence of Instagram on a healthy lifestyle.
- Youth and social media- Does it make puberty more difficult?
- Twitter and Politics- Discuss the outcomes of Donald Trump’s tweet
- Discuss the differences between stereotypes, discrimination, and prejudice
- The refugee crisis in the United Kingdom due to the war between Ukraine and Russia
- Racial Injustice in the United States
- Gun violence in the United States
- Black Lives Matter movement
- Child labor
- Corruption in High Places
Social Issues Topics for University Students
- Changing the Face of the Caste System
- Role of Bureaucracy
- Crime against women
- Drug Addiction
- Is Twitter’s cancel culture doing more harm than good?
- How do marginalized groups benefit from social media?
- Are people on social media more aggressive than in real life?
- Does the internet shorten our attention span?
- Ways in which social media impacts your interactions with other people.
- Marketing, social media, and you: how do influencers impact your buying behavior?
- How internet reduces your attention span?
- Social media policies and code of conduct- What is the debate?
- Facebook’s Safety Check Feature- Analyze the benefits.
- Social media- How to get your opinions heard?
- The impact of Twitter hashtags on the political discourse.
- Relevance of likes on social media.
Good-Quality Social Issues Topics
- Drawbacks of Twitter’s cancel culture over its advantages.
- Free speech principle and outrageous contents- Analyze Reddit’s rights.
- How the ban of online platforms at the workplace does influence productivity.
- Social media accounts and the school children.
- Online gaming and the threat of microtransactions.
- Censorship and the removal of abusive content.
- Dependences of people on social media.
- The impact of the Internet on students’ lives.
- How is YouTube spreading propaganda?
- Facebook’s Safety Check Feature- Analyze its benefits
- Food insecurity and hunger
- Crime Rate and substance abuse in Mexico
- Crowd-funding through social media platforms
- Impact of social media on Adolescents’ mental health and Safety
- Social media challenges in 2022
Best Research Topics on Social Issues
- What would happen if we could rate everyone online? (Think Community ’s episode “App Development and Condiments”)
- How does participating in Instagram challenges for social justice help?
- Is the propagation of mindfulness and self-care on social media improving our health?
- Speaking out in the online communities- What is your viewpoint?
- Refugees in the world.
- Porn world and the frequency of suicide cases.
- Labor Laws- How is this fair?
- School bullying and its causes.
- The impact of cybercrime on an individual’s life.
- Discuss the influence of teen pregnancy on young girls.
- How is prostitution legal in several countries?
- Racism and its influence on society.
- The impact of domestic violence on children.
- LGBT people- Discuss the five stereotypes.
- Health deprivation and its consequences.
Interesting Social Issues Research Topics
- Sports and its discrimination.
- The impact of hate speech on the job market.
- Cultural heritage and its protection.
- Illiteracy and the problems it causes.
- Rape culture and society.
- The US and the overconsumption issues.
- Same-sex couples and your perception of it.
- Common physical and mental health issues among people belonging to the LGBTQIA community
- Discuss the purpose and activities of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Challenges imposed by immigration on developed countries
- Global issue related to substandard housing
- Racial discrimination and civil rights
- The Impact of Gangs and Violence on Miami
- Job market and fat-shaming.
- Ageism and the new racism.
Also, Read – Outstanding Social Studies Topics for you to Consider & Explore
Appealing Research Ideas on Social Issues
- Middle Easterners and Arabs- How do they deal with discrimination?
- How does a society do manages poverty?
- The porn industry and its associated pressure.
- Eating utensils and their evolution.
- Polygamy in the United States.
- Gift-giving traditions in different countries.
- Evolution of languages.
- Strange burial customs.
- Why unequal opportunity is considered as one of the most common social issues?
- Explain how mobile clinics are making healthcare more accessible
- Why women’s empowerment is key to ensuring social development?
- Discuss the effects of the cancel culture on mental health
- Discuss the impact of culture on cosmetics consumer behavior
- Discuss how being disabled affect the social status of an individual
Excellent Social Issues Research Topics
- Forced migration.
- Wars- Role of women.
- Significance of media in wartime.
- Ethnic cleansing.
- Reverse discrimination.
- White privilege and the media.
- US and segregation.
- Discuss the impact of racial profiling.
- Workplace and sexual discrimination.
- Gay people and discrimination.
- Asia and its cultural heritage.
- Air loot and wartime.
- Illiteracy and its associated issues.
- Discuss the impact of financial illiteracy
- Critical analysis of the concept of the ‘Right to Die’.
Impressive Social Issues Essay Ideas
- Food culture and its analysis.
- Social media bullying- How to manage it?
- Child abuse prevention.
- Children and their aggression.
- The impact of business on consumption trends.
- Sustainable Development in the US- History
- Water consumption in Africa.
- The strengths of buyers in various industries.
- Alcohol consumption.
- Consumption culture.
- US market and advantages of consumption.
- Stolen Antiques and their Ownership.
- Genocide in America- Historical account.
- Palestinian refugees in Jordan.
- Roman culture and its collapse.
Amazing Social Issues Essay Topics
- Past and present body modification.
- Selling copied artifacts.
- Stealing the Cultural Heritage- Provide instances from history.
- Cultural heritage and its protection- War, and peace.
- Boasting the rape culture.
- Movies and violence.
- How do people overcome their addictions? Compare the projects.
- Unaffordable medical treatment- What should a person do?
- Taking care of the elders- Discuss.
- Illiteracy and poverty.
- African women and illiteracy.
- The sports world and the abuse stories.
- Fast-food consumption among children.
- Gun control initiative in the US.
- The impact of emotional illiteracy on family life.
Current Social Issues Topics
- How to overcome adult illiteracy.
- Overcoming the illiteracy issues and the role of social media.
- War crimes across different countries.
- The impact of the Irish Diaspora transformed life in the US.
- Leaked personal pornography videos- How to deal with it?
- How the porn stars do suffer from society shaming?
- Discuss the porn stars who went over to the other industries.
- Skinheads and racist upbringing.
- How to revise Miranda’s warning?
- Miranda’s warning and the need to revise it.
- Ableism is a form of discrimination.
- The breach of modern labor rights.
- Police abuse and its benefits.
- Why do few men discriminate against women?
- Total equality and its impact on our future.
Outstanding Social Issues Essay Ideas
- Mistreatment of autistic children in schools.
- Absence of sex education in schools.
- Is immunization a mandatory requirement or not?
- The impact of advertisements on our buying habits.
- Discuss the influence of society on the ethical values of teenagers.
- The influence of drugs on human behavior.
- Internet versus Social media- What is your opinion?
- Child labor is a major issue in the country.
- How do you realize that you are addicted to pornography?
- Punishments to convicts after their serving time.
- Developing a wall between the US and Mexico.
- How to blend immigrants into American society.
- Illegal Egyptian immigrants in Italy.
- The impact of the war economy on society.
- Ancient artifacts homes- The role of European museums.
If you want to write a good essay, certainly, you ought to select impressive social issues topics. Moreover, choosing impressive social issues topics, may reduce half your struggle and assure you outstanding grades. However, if you experience any sort of problems, perhaps you may contact our assignment help experts. Alternatively, you may consult your professor, who might assure you that the topics you choose are valid.
Read more: LIST OF OUTSTANDING SOCIAL WORK RESEARCH TOPICS IDEAS
114 Newspaper Essay Topics and Ideas
94 Appealing Fascism Essay Topics to Write About
Geometry vs. Trigonometry: 12 Prominent Differences
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
APA vs. MLA: Know the Major Differences between the Citation Styles
Top 155 bioethics topics to consider for writing a research paper, 145 best java project ideas for beginners and experts, 180 top business essay topics for students to consider, how to write a reflective essay, 215 best human resources research topics for students, 20 commonly used poetic devices you should know, 155 top architecture thesis topics for students to consider, matlab vs. r: which one is more useful to learn and why, 180 best motivational speech topics and ideas, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
A List of 470 Powerful Social Issues Essay Topics
In modern societies, people do everything to live peacefully. Still, tensions often arise. We call them social issues when they start negatively impacting a specific group of people. Poverty, discrimination, and addiction are examples of such problems. We need to confront them to ensure equal treatment for everyone.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for 13.00 10.40/page
Our professional custom writing team created this article to help you write a social issues essay. This comprehensive social issues topics list covers various current problems in America and in the world. Choose among 450 social topics, and get down to writing!
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
✅ How to Write About Social Issues
- 🌐 Social Media Issues Topics
- 🏥 Health-Related Issues
- 🌳 Environmental Issues
- 🔫 War & Violence
- 🚓 Police & Criminal Justice
- 👨👩 Gender-Related Issues
- 🧔🏿 Racism Topics
- ✈️ Migration & Refugees
- ⚖️ Human Rights Topics
- 🗽 Social Issues in America
🔝 Top 10 Social Issues Topics
- Types of prisoner rights violations.
- Can vaccinations be mandatory?
- What makes overpopulation a threat?
- Online education as a cause of obesity.
- The economic effect of rising sea levels.
- The effects of Gender Pay Gap on economy.
- Ways to stop racial discrimination in schools.
- Can increase of employment help reduce poverty?
- Women empowerment and social development.
- Can mobile clinics make healthcare more accessible?
Writing on topics related to social issues involves thorough research. It also requires sympathy and tact. Following this guide will help you not to step on anybody’s toes.
- Research papers call for an in-depth analysis. Make sure to reference several sources to back up your claims.
- Essays revolve around your opinion. Here, good arguments are crucial.
- Pick the topic . It can be either contemporary or historical. It’s better to choose something you’re interested in. If nothing comes to mind right away, use a writing topic generator .
- Do research . Consult encyclopedias, find books on the topic. It will help you formulate ideas and outline the first draft.
- Consider your audience . How much do they know about your subject? How invested are they? Understanding your readers will help you be more considerate.
- Even if you have strong feelings about your subject, keep your tone neutral. Make sure not to condemn those who hold opposite views.
- Highlight what you personally think is right. Remember that you can’t control how other people will react.
- Be frank. Ask yourself: who am I? How do my experiences fit into my topic? Your honest answers will add unique insights to your paper.
- Double-check your paper. Does everything you wrote logically flow? Does your argumentative structure make sense? Does it support your thesis? If possible, let your assignment sit for a day. You can edit it later with a fresh perspective.
These are the basics you need if you want to write about social issues. Now you can start your research! The first step is to pick one of the excellent topics about social problems from the list below.
🌐 Social Issues Essay Topics Related to Social Media
- Security issues of social media.
- Should Instagram be age-restricted?
- Social networks’ impact on friendships.
- Disadvantages of being an influencer.
- Is there freedom of speech in social media?
- Should social media ban fake information?
- How harmful is social media dependency?
- Should employers check employees’ accounts?
- Online ethics and business Facebook accounts.
- The effect of the cancel culture on mental health.
- Cyberbullying: victim and abuser in the online environment.
- Should children be allowed to have social media accounts?
- Your opinion on memorial pages on social networks for the deceased.
- Ways to stay safe on the internet.
- How should social media websites deal with hate speech?
- Is removing abusive content censorship?
- Explore the correlation between social media and mental disorders.
- Does Instagram change the way we perceive our lives?
- Is modern society forcing us to participate in social networking?
- What is identity theft?
- Personal isolation and technology in communication.
- The risks of microtransactions in online gaming.
- How does your digital presence influence your real life?
- Why do some people become dependent on social media?
- Are online networks promoting stalking?
- Discuss the digital divide in Washington.
- Is Twitter’s cancel culture doing more harm than good?
- How do marginalized groups benefit from social media?
- How important is data safety?
- Are people on social media more aggressive than in real life?
- Does the internet shorten our attention span?
- Ways in which social media impacts your interactions with other people.
- Marketing, social media, and you: how do influencers impact your buying behavior?
- Explore the effect of the internet on students’ lives.
- Is Reddit right to allow outrageous content under the principle of free speech?
- Politics and Twitter: the consequences of Donald Trump’s tweets.
- Does banning online networks from the workplace increase productivity?
- What basic ethical principles go overboard on the internet?
- In how far do social media trends reflect on the general public?
- Social media and youth: does it make puberty harder?
- The influence of online platforms on democracy.
- What would happen if we could rate everyone online? (Think Community ’s episode “App Development and Condiments”)
- Does Instagram inspire a healthy lifestyle?
- Why are likes so important?
- Debate the effects of speaking out in online communities.
- Are Facebook’s profile picture frames a good way of showing support?
- Debate social media policies and code of conduct.
- Is YouTube spreading propaganda?
- Did you ever do something because you’ve read about it on the internet?
- Are Twitter hashtags skewing the political discourse?
- Examine the gendered experiences of people on the internet.
- How do you make yourself heard on social media?
- Evaluate the usefulness of Facebook’s Safety Check feature.
- Discuss the pros and cons of TikTok challenges.
- How does participating in Instagram challenges for social justice help?
🏥 Health-Related Social Issues Topics to Write About
Our health largely depends on the social security system. With access to good healthcare services, we are less likely to develop preventable diseases. Unfortunately, issues are common in the health sector. These interesting essay writing prompts will help you explore social problems related to health:
- Are employers not paying enough attention to their employees’ mental health?
- What should a person do if they can’t afford medical treatment?
- Why do some countries have higher obesity rates than others?
- Should abortion be legal or illegal?
- Debate whether a ban on tobacco advertising would help decrease smoking.
- What makes Americans start doing drugs?
- Compare projects that help people overcome their addictions.
- What is the worst substance to be addicted to?
- Who should care for the elders?
- Should hospices be free?
- Examine why HIV in seniors remains widely unrecognized.
- Should we change the drinking age limit?
- Whose health is mostly affected by pollution?
- Should parents avoid vaccinating their children?
- What does it mean to die with dignity?
- Should women get extra vacation days at work because of their periods?
- Explore the origins of the pro-life movement.
- Should non-smokers receive additional break time?
- Ways to make navigating easier for visually impaired people.
- Discuss stigma against mentally challenged individuals.
- The benefits of over-the-counter contraception.
- Must women who breastfeed in public cover themselves up?
- Psychoactive drugs in the treatment of psychological diseases.
- Disabilities and stigmatization: how does being disabled affect one’s social status?
- Does gender play an important role in one’s health?
- What health issues are affecting African Americans and Hispanics?
- Expectations and motherhood: being a childfree woman in a kid-centered society.
- How does being malnourished affect a child’s psyche in the long run?
- Investigate suicide rates in Pakistan.
- Discuss the social acceptance of autism spectrum disorders.
- Sociology and psychological diseases: the relationship between circumstance and mental health.
- Write about fad diets and their impact.
- How does the society you live in discriminate against older adults?
- Why is access to quality healthcare unevenly distributed?
- Who should decide when to stop life-prolonging treatments?
- Is homeopathic treatment for children acceptable?
- Describe why going to psychotherapy is widely stigmatized.
- What are the social determinants of health?
- Why is access to healthcare in rural areas so scarce?
- Is the propagation of mindfulness and self-care on social media improving our health?
- Examine the connection between poverty and health problems.
- Where does our society’s general obsession with weight come from?
- Do cultural norms promote drinking alcohol to an unhealthy extent?
- Is coffee a drug?
- How does the depiction of drug use in the media influence the youth?
🌳 Environmental Social Issues Essay Topics
Environmentalism is not just about saving nature. A damaged environment has adverse effects on humanity and its future. Changing weather and frequent natural disasters affect millions of people. Many are forced to flee their homes. Essays on this subject can cover activism or sustainability.
- Is Extinction Rebellion’s form of protest too radical?
- What to avoid when traveling in the age of climate change.
- How can we ensure global access to drinking water?
- The impact of bottled water on the environment.
- Water conservation methods in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The influence of tourism on cultural heritage sites.
- How does society need to change in the future to slow down climate change?
- What caused the rise in climate activism in recent years?
- Innovation vs. tradition: getting traditional farmers to implement new sustainable technology.
- Describe the importance of waste reduction for our ecosystems.
- How can we use our natural resources responsibly?
- Discuss what a sustainable diet is like.
- The role of packaging in marketing, food safety, and environment.
- Why do people deny human-made climate change?
- Why should sociologists study the environment?
- What made us reliant on single-use plastic products?
- Discuss green infrastructure in water management.
- Debate how Greenpeace influences political decision making.
- In your opinion, what’s the best environmental organization to donate to?
- How successful is PETA in helping animals?
- Should mandatory volunteer work substitute compulsory military service?
- Urban gardening as a means to ensure food security.
- The effect of self-driving electric vehicles on urban environments.
- Compare types of sustainable futuristic cities in literature.
- How does global warming impact indigenous peoples in South America?
- What effects does a deteriorating environment have on labor conditions?
- Explain what Oxfam does.
- How does globalization impact sustainable agriculture?
- What are the most significant achievements of environmental activists in recent years?
- What makes politicians hesitant to take action against climate change?
- Investigate what happened to the population of Isle de Jean Charles.
- Climate refugees: examine the disasters that cause people to flee their homes.
- What are the unintentional consequences of climate-related relocation projects?
- Explore the connection between nature and religion.
- Ecology and economics: ways to find a balance.
- Communities and health: how the way we handle the environment impacts the spread of disease.
- Investigate methods for responsible consumption.
- Why is sustainable development important for societies?
- Contrast the methods of various environmentalist movements.
- The world’s overpopulation: causes and effects.
- Why can it be difficult to convince older generations to take action against climate change?
- What are the best things everyone can do to protect the environment?
- The role of zoos in wildlife endangerment.
- How do changing weather patterns impact our homes?
- What caused the increase in natural disasters over the last decade?
🔫 Social Issues Topics: War & Violence
Scientists still debate if violence is a part of human nature. Wars and terrorist attacks are disastrous events that traumatize millions of people. Still, it’s crucial not to forget about more subtle forms of violence. These include emotional neglect, bullying, and brutality in medical care.
- What are the main reasons for nations to wage war?
- Mental disorders and vulnerability to homicidal death.
- The restoration of Germany after the Second World War.
- Domestic violence in 20th century Canada.
- Describe the most common types of violence against teenagers.
- How does a country’s political situation impact domestic violence?
- Do splatter movies promote violent behavior?
- Should girls dress modestly to avoid being abused?
- What is the use of war monuments?
- The issue of girl education in India.
- How does war influence the development of children?
- Analyze the accuracy of the events depicted in Sam Mendes’ film 1917 .
- Everything Quiet on the Western Front and the youth’s attitude towards fighting.
- The treatment of veterans in your community.
- Why do people join the army?
- Connection between school bullying and problems in adult life.
- What are the most common reasons for murder?
- How can a family move on after their child has been kidnapped?
- Why are veterans more likely to commit suicide than average citizens?
- Is human trafficking modern-day slavery?
- Investigate how citizens of Cape Town deal with the high crime rate in their city.
- What events can lead to an increase in crime?
- Explain the socio-economic aftermaths of the Afghanistan war.
- Examine the success of Columbia’s DESEPAZ program.
- What is the origin of domestic violence?
- Do schools in your country work effectively to discourage abusive behavior towards girls?
- Why do men tend not to report domestic violence?
- How does emotional neglect impact children?
- What are the best ways to prevent street violence?
- Is there a connection between the strictness of gun laws and homicide rates?
- Why do women hesitate to report rape cases?
- Rape and sexual harassment in the military.
- An overview of Japanese mafia culture.
- The connection between education and violence.
- Who profits from war?
- Are the US military expenses justified?
- What does the “guns vs. butter” model describe?
- Give examples of cultural norms justifying violence.
- In how far has globalization impacted violent behavior?
- What triggers aggression against healthcare workers?
- Ways to manage verbal abuse in social care.
- Examine the Chinese phenomenon of Yi Nao.
- Investigate the recent decriminalization of domestic abuse in Russia.
- What was the impact of the #metoo movement?
- Bullying and sexual harassment at workplace.
🚓 Police & Criminal Justice Topics to Write About
Everyone should feel safe in their community. That’s what a country’s criminal justice system is for. But humans can make mistakes and be biased. Not everyone feels protected by the current system. What can we do to change that? Explore this question in one of the following creative topics:
- What does the phrase “defund the police” mean?
- What makes you feel safe in your community?
- Describe the social standing of police officers in your country.
- Examine if there’s evidence for structural racism in the police.
- Is it possible to achieve true equality?
- Are all professions in criminal justice equally prestigious?
- Discuss the concept of juvenile crimes.
- Debate castration as a punishment for sexual offenders.
- The influence of the internet on human trafficking.
- What could the police be substituted with?
- How does racial profiling work?
- Should people who abuse drugs go to jail?
- How do people become homeless in big cities?
- Discuss the legitimization of prostitution.
- What causes governments to oppose gay marriage?
- The safest ways to deescalate riots.
- What are the best methods to discourage people from committing crimes?
- Define civil disobedience and its goals.
- Victimology and traditional justice system alternatives.
- What makes white-collar crimes more socially acceptable than others?
- Reintroducing prisoners to society: obstacles and consequences.
- Would society profit from the abolition of prisons?
- What are the advantages of community services?
- How does crime differ in various social classes?
- Justice for women: the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- How do prejudices influence criminal justice mechanics?
- Human services issues from the point of income inequality.
- Why was the Hong Kong national security law installed?
- How did legalizing all drugs affect Portuguese society?
- What are the prominent civil rights issues in your country?
- The Captain of Köpenick : the psychological effect of uniforms.
- Why was racial segregation widely accepted in America?
- How do witness protection programs work?
- The right to privacy vs. safety: a case for surveillance cameras.
- How can one save their reputation after committing a crime?
- Compare the four deviance theories in sociology.
- To what extent can biology explain criminal behavior?
- Do police officers need guns?
- Should law enforcers need to request permission before using firearms?
- How did dismantling the police department in Camden, NJ impact crime?
- Explore the connection between militarization and police violence.
- What does the principle of qualified immunity entail?
- Debate the use of body cameras by police officers.
- Police violence and subterfuge.
- What are the social benefits of jury duty?
👨👩 Gender-Related Social Issues Essay Topics
Even today, a lot of people are systematically disadvantaged because of their gender. This problem manifests itself not only in the infamous gender pay gap. For example, in the US, transgender people are banned from serving in the army. And in some countries, women are still denied fundamental rights. If you want to get to the heart of contemporary controversial issues, this section is for you.
- Why is the number of women in positions of power still low?
- Are quotas the only way to guarantee equal hiring processes?
- Pros and cons of unisex bathrooms.
- Why are matriarchal societies rare?
- Describe how the patriarchy holds back women.
- Conflicting theories: gay marriage and feminism.
- Does feminism need to be radical?
- How does gendered marketing affect child development?
- Should insurance companies pay for sex reassignment therapy?
- Reasons why some people have problems with they/them pronouns.
- What does it mean to be non-binary?
- Investigate the treatment of women in Saudi Arabian society.
- What makes a profession traditionally female?
- Should women be more encouraged to join the military?
- Why is it more challenging for men to get full custody?
- Find historical examples of women who made a change in their society.
- Should professors be required to include more women authors in their reading material?
- Examine the treatment of the transgender community in healthcare.
- Is gender a purely social construct?
- What can a woman do to become more empowered?
- Can a patriarchal society ever achieve true gender equality?
- Are Disney princesses good role models?
- Examine the representation of gender variety in popular TV shows.
- Gender identity: promotion of equality for sexual orientation.
- Discuss the connection between gender-biased language and oppression.
- Why are sexist marketing practices still legal?
- Should girls capitalize on their attractive looks?
- Define the term “gender blindness.”
- Do school uniforms promote gender inequality?
- Bibiana Steinhaus: a female referee.
- Discuss how the battle of the sexes impacted society.
- Should men be entitled to more extended paternity leave?
- Can religion ensure equality?
- How do stereotypes against women decrease their chances of getting hired?
- Why do millions of women still have to choose between having a family or a career?
- Explain the gender dynamics in development.
- Should men and women play and compete in mixed sports teams?
- What do beauty pageants teach girls?
- Debate the importance of LGBT studies.
- What causes gender dysphoria?
- Do blockbuster films have the responsibility to advocate for equality?
- Does society need gender roles to function properly?
- What makes same-sex marriage a controversial topic in many countries?
- Examine adoption laws for gay couples.
- Compare gender-based violence in the UK vs. Iran.
🧔🏿 Social Topics for Essays on Racism
Slavery is abolished everywhere in the world. Still, it didn’t put an end to racism. There’s a lot of racial bias fueled by insecurity and ignorance. Because of this, ethnic minorities rarely enjoy equal opportunities. An essay on racism can raise awareness of the problem by shedding light on racial injustice.
- How has racism changed over the past hundred years?
- Queer of color: history and theory.
- Who were the Khmer Rouge?
- Trace the development of anti-discrimination laws in your country.
- What caused populist groups to gain popularity in recent years?
- Did Donald Trump’s presidency increase racism towards Latin Americans?
- What socio-economic issues do African American families face?
- Is there a connection between racism and social progress?
- Would there be no racism without colonialism?
- Discuss subtle forms of everyday racism.
- Should women in teaching positions be allowed to wear hijabs?
- Nelson Mandela and the fight against apartheid.
- What makes people scared of minorities?
- Who benefits from structural racism?
- Find out how racism manifests itself in your native language.
- Compare the types of social segmentation.
- Is the use of the n-word in hip hop empowering?
- How did imperialism impact Okonkwo’s life in Things Fall Apart ?
- In which areas of life are black Americans institutionally disadvantaged?
- Is it appropriate for white people to wear hoop earrings?
- The best ways to educate children about race.
- How does cultural appropriation become harmful?
- Racial prejudice in the movie industry.
- Your position on companies renaming well-known brands to avoid claims of racism.
- Discuss the problem of racism at institutional and interactional levels.
- Will racism ever end?
- Is “All lives matter” a racist statement?
- How does environmental racism affect the living conditions of minorities?
- Investigate the historical persecution of the Romani people.
- What makes people racist nowadays?
- The internet’s contribution to alleviating racism.
- Cultivation of racism in the American society.
- How much of a problem is reverse discrimination?
- Trace the history of lynching and mob violence against blacks in the American South.
- Who was Leo Frank?
- How does discrimination differ in rich vs. developing countries?
- Racism as a barrier to educational opportunities.
- Does social media help fight racist bias?
- How to responsibly handle classic movies and literature with racial prejudices.
- What constitutes a healthy national identity?
- How does modern television portray minorities?
- Does your country’s healthcare system disadvantage minorities?
- Investigate what happens to the Rohingya people in Malaysia.
- Is antisemitism still a problem in your country?
- Does nationalism always lead to racism?
✈️ Social Awareness Topics on Migration & Refugees
Migration can have a beneficial effect on a host country’s economy. For instance, migrants can provide vital additional workforce. But an overflow of newcomers can also lead to problems. Most notably, it affects a nations’ cultural and social landscapes. “How should we deal with refugees?” is one of the most challenging political questions today.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- How has migration changed over the past 20 years?
- Mexican immigration as a political controversy.
- Why do migrants from the Middle East face more prejudice than those from Central Europe?
- Describe the types of events that can cause major forced displacement.
- How should governments plan for migration?
- Why do many people in Europe have a negative attitude towards refugees?
- Why are foreign workers important to every nation’s economy?
- Effective ways to integrate displaced people.
- Critique Arizona’s new immigration laws.
- Have refugee camps ever been a solution to the problem?
- What drives people to immigrate illegally?
- Should the US’ sanctuary cities be dissolved?
- Describe the notion of ecological migration.
- Should Europe take in more refugees?
- Compare resettlement models in Canada vs. Australia.
- What’s the difference between expats and migrants?
- What factors make illegal immigration undesirable?
- Has the public perception of migrants changed over the past years?
- How important is it that immigrants speak their host country’s language?
- What does social integration ideally consist of?
- Discuss Chinese settlement patterns in America.
- The advantages of dropping visa restrictions.
- How did 9/11 affect the public’s perception of the global movement?
- Is it morally right to marry someone just for their passport?
- Do illegal immigrants negatively impact their host country’s society?
- Does migration cause destabilization?
- What does the claim “no one is illegal” advocate?
- How does the American green card lottery work?
- Should a child born in a foreign country automatically receive citizenship?
- American society wouldn’t exist without immigration. Why is it still so hostile towards foreigners?
- Explore the link between global movement and the spread of diseases.
- Should the government use taxpayer money to upskill refugees?
- Immigrants in Toronto: social and economic challenges.
- Can expats from a distinct cultural background ever integrate into a country that doesn’t share their norms?
- Discuss the importance of diversity to society.
- Is there a connection between immigration rates and crime?
- Should expats be eligible for welfare programs?
- Where’s the line between cultural appropriation and integration?
- Can binational relationships work?
- How do you become a stateless person?
- What rights do asylum seekers have in your country?
- Is immigration from developing countries a threat to wealthier nations?
- Explore moral panics associated with other ethnicities.
- What makes Europe attractive to expats?
- Describe the common prejudices refugees have to face in Australia.
⚖️ Social Justice Essay Topics on Human Rights
You probably agree that every human deserves access to fundamental rights. Unfortunately, these are continually under threat. And it doesn’t always happen far away from you. Women, the LGBT community, and many others fight for their rights every single day.
- Are limitations of human rights during crises justified?
- Should we strive to achieve the same rights globally?
- Is male circumcision shortly after birth a violation of human rights?
- How do you prevent low-income families from sending their children to work?
- Capital punishment vs. the right to live.
- Can dictatorships ensure human rights?
- Is using sensitive language incriminating our freedom of speech?
- Describe the achievements of Amnesty International.
- Should Europe stop business interactions with countries that violate human rights?
- Examine effective ways to combat food shortages in the Global South.
- How can governments secure freedom of speech?
- Should access to the internet be included as a fundamental human right?
- Are restrictive laws concerning hijabs violating religious freedom?
- Charlie Hebdo and its Muhammad cartoons: did they go too far?
- When does satire become harmful?
- Examine how human rights are treated in the pornography industry.
- Why are LGBT people around the world not granted the same rights as everyone else?
- Balancing labor conditions and demand: human rights in the economy.
- Who protects stateless persons?
- What has changed since the first declaration of human rights?
- How was slavery justified back in the day?
- Why do women in many countries still not have the same rights as men?
- The Handmaid’s Tale : how is the society in Gilead structured?
- Discuss how vital the rights to freedom of thought and expression are.
- To which rights should prisoners have access to?
- Debate the fairness of the utilitarian approach.
- How do NGOs help to ensure human rights in Somalia?
- Human rights and the Bible: how does the church get away with violations?
- Define different perspectives on what constitutes freedom.
- What are the most significant human rights issues today?
- Ethics and the media: exploiting personal tragedies for attention.
- Prisoners are humans, too: rights violations in Guantanamo.
- Is combating climate change a human rights issue?
- Are cruel traditions such as honor killings justified if they are socially accepted?
- How successful is the European Commission of Human Rights?
- Is the death penalty a justified measure nowadays?
- Should pets have the same rights as humans?
- Define the difference between civil and human rights.
- If there’s gay pride, why shouldn’t there be straight pride?
- Unequal privilege: legal, religious, and social factors.
- What would happen if education were free and accessible to everyone?
- State terrorism vs. critical terrorism.
- Did globalization make us freer?
- Is the wellbeing of the majority more important than the wellbeing of a minority?
- When, if ever, should men and women have different rights?
🗽 Current Social Issues Topics in America
With its variety of races and cultures, America faces many social issues. Its deeply divided political parties add more fuel to the fire. African American rights and police brutality are some of the most pressing issues in the US today.
- Consequences of fortifying the American-Mexican border wall.
- Should illegal immigrants always be deported when found?
- Is the democratic system in the US in need of reform?
- What are the social causes of obesity in the USA?
- Negative side effects of the war on drugs.
- How important is bipartisan cooperation?
- What difference does it make if Russia meddled in the 2016 elections?
- Police brutality: reasons and countermeasures.
- Discuss the importance of reducing medical costs.
- Racism and the police: is it an institutional problem?
- What are the strictest cultural taboos in American society?
- Are there enough women in American leadership positions?
- Is sexism a significant problem in the States?
- Describe the consequences of voter fraud.
- Should schools teach students to be more patriotic?
- Discuss prescription drug abuse in America.
- College student debt: is it a fair price to pay for a good education?
- Will police presence in schools help curb violence?
- What drugs should be legalized vs. remain illegal?
- Debate the quality of political education in your state.
- Is fake news a severe problem?
- Financial literacy as a compulsory subject in high school.
- How do you destigmatize taboo topics in society?
- Why do conversations about periods make people feel uncomfortable?
- Social causes of eating disorders in adults.
- Discuss how various religions can live together peacefully.
- Describe the NIMBY phenomenon.
- What are the benefits and limitations of needle exchange programs?
- Find reasons why peaceful protests turn into violent riots.
- Are students in the US nowadays under too much stress?
- What are the harmful effects of urban sprawl?
- Can your vote make a difference?
- Do American schools need to offer better sex education classes?
- What makes people believe the Earth is flat?
- Why do conspiracy theories spread so quickly nowadays?
- Traffic in California: reasons to invest in public transport.
- Are charter schools better than public schools?
- Compare the most prominent social movements currently active in America.
- The legacy of Occupy Wall Street.
- Describe the pros and cons of the Green New Deal.
- How successful is special education in the US?
- What causes gentrification in American cities?
- Is immigration a strain on the American job market?
- Tackle the problem of prison overcrowding.
- Investigate the effects of ableism in the States.
That’s all we’ve got for you. We hope this article was helpful. Good luck with your essay writing!
You might also be interested in:
- 512 Research Topics on HumSS (Humanities & Social Sciences)
- 147 Social Studies Topics for Your Research Project
- 480 Sociology Questions & Topics with Bonus Tips
- 560 Unique Controversial Topics & Tips for a Great Essay
- 193 Interesting Proposal Essay Topics and Ideas
- 197 Motivational & Inspirational Essay Topics
- Lifestyles & Social Issues: Encyclopedia Britannica
- Controversial/Contemporary Issues: How to Write a Research Paper: Campbell University
- 3 Insights Into Writing about Social Issues: Jane Friedman
- Key Issues: eSafety Commissioner
- Top 10 Most Common Health Issues: University of Rochester Medical Center
- Top 10 Most Important Environmental Issues: Iberdrola.com
- War: Social Problems: University of Minnesota
- Violence: a Global Public Health Problem: WHO
- What Are the Biggest Problems Women Face Today?: Politico Magazine
- Issues: National Center for Transgender Equality
- List of Issues about Racism: The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Potential implications of Increasing Significance of Migration: EU
- The Biggest Issues Facing Migrants Today — and What We Can Do to Solve Them: World Economic Forum
- How Americans See Major National Issues: Pew Research Center
- Social Issues and Human Rights: United Nations Environment
- Crime & Criminal Justice: Brookings
- Social Problems: Oxford Academic Press
- Criminal Justice: ProPublica
- Structural Racism in America: Urban Institute
- Racism and Health: American Public Health Association
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Cooll! IT WILL HELP ME IN MY PROJECT!!
Glad to help, Garvita! Thank you for stopping by!
Cooll! Thanks for the information 🙂
Thank you for giving us feedback! It is very helpful for us!
this is epic
Thanks for the feedback!
This is so informative… Thanx for it
Thanks for stopping by!
Recommended for You
500 Sociology Questions and Topics [Examples & Tips]
Sociology is a study that focuses on people’s interactions. It looks at structures and changes in social life. Any situation involving people can become a topic of sociology. This article is designed to help high school and college students with sociology assignments. Whether you’re writing an essay, creating a presentation,...
590 Unique Controversial Topics & Tips for a Great Essay
Controversial issues are the ones that evoke a variety of opinions. They often cause heated debates. And, as you can guess, controversial research topics are not easy to handle. Luckily, we’ve got you covered. This article will: help you pick a controversial question for your essay;provide you a list of...
240 Interesting Biology Topics for Essays & Research Papers
Biology is often called the science of life. From bacteria to whales, biologists study all kinds of organisms. Have you ever wondered why bees dance? Or how can chickens be the closest modern relatives to dinosaurs? The buzzing world is full of complex wonders like these. That’s why it’s so...
320 Interesting Chemistry Topics & Writing Tips
Chemistry studies matter and what it’s made of. It tells us how substances change and what properties they have. Chemistry seeks to answer questions such as: What is the Universe made of? How do elements react with each other? Read our article to dive deeper into this intricate subject. What...
A List of 185 Interesting Cultural Topics to Write About
Culture is a set of knowledge, behaviors, and beliefs shared by a group of people. You would probably agree that it’s an integral part of humanity. It’s no wonder that students are often assigned to write about it. That’s why we came up with a list of interesting and creative...
250 Geography Essay Topics & Geology Writing Ideas
The Earth is a complex system. To understand it, geologists examine the lithosphere and its layers. They trace our planet’s history by using physical and chemical methods. At the same time, geographers observe environmental patterns. They also focus on the interaction between humans and nature. Keep reading to find out...
112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
🏆 best global issues topic ideas & essay examples, ✍️ global issues essay topics for college, 📌 good essay topics on global issues, 💡 interesting topics to write about global issues, ❓ global issues questions, 💯 free global issues essay topic generator.
- Global Population Issues and Population in the UAE The natural resources will face exhaustion due to the great pressure of the population. Consequently, the governments of these countries will be forced to take measures to drive the fertility rates up to cover up […]
- Homelessness as a Global Social Issue In the US, homelessness is on the increase because of economic melt- down and foreclosures. Moreover, differences in perception of homelessness by liberal and conservative on homeless have increased homelessness in the US.
- Examination of a Global Population Issue Economic Issues The economy of South Africa is one of the fastest developing economies in the world. Being the only African country which is a member of the G-20, this country has been seen to […]
- Ethics-Related Global Workplace Issues Child labor also exposes the children to activities that are illegal. Forced labor is a form of slavery and should not be practiced anywhere in the world.
- Differing Views on Global Warming Issues It is crucial to bring on board the views of those who view global warming as a myth that need not to be addressed.
- Water Scarcity as a Global Issue: Causes and Solutions Common causes of water scarcity include overpopulation e in regions that have limited water resources, global warming, destruction of water catchment areas by human activities, and pollution of water sources.
- Childhood Obesity in Developing Countries – a Global Health Issue Childhood Obesity and the Globe As mentioned earlier, according to the data of WHO, the number of obese children in the world today is more than 42 million, and the vast majority of them are […]
- Gender Inequality as a Global Issue This essay will examine some of the causes that affect the gap in the treatment of men and women, and its ramifications, particularly regarding developing countries.
- Tuberculosis as a Global Health Issue Over the years, the bacteria strain that causes tuberculosis has developed a lot of resistance mainly as a result of a lack of compliance to treatment on the part of the patient.
- Natural Disasters and Global Social Issues The hurricane led to a major shift in the social arrangement of the populations in the worst affected areas. This led to a significant loss of jobs in the affected areas.
- Illiteracy as a Global Issue The cost and access to opportunities to gain an education is also a major cause of illiteracy in the developed economies, where members of the lower class are subjected to high costs of living; thus, […]
- Project Cost Management: Global Issues and Challenges The information revealed by the author is likely to be beneficial for those individuals who are occupied in various fields but provide cost management services in the framework of the global construction industry.
- Project Cost Management’s Global Issues and Challenges The results suggest the lack of identity for the profession on the global scale due to the lack of consensus regarding the common descriptor, the scarcity of common standards, terminology, and bodies of knowledge, and […]
- Polar Transformations as a Global Warming Issue Changes in vegetation due to global warming will be varying as the regions are covered with three main vegetation types: polar desert, boreal forest, and the tundra.
- Cultural Competence in Action: Solutions to Global Health Issues In this paper, the analysis of several case studies about cultural competence will be discussed to clarify how to achieve positive results and reduce the wasting of resources. In the second case, certain attention is […]
- Anthropology in Solving Global Social Issues Artists were moving in the same direction, which excluded the possibility to understand and assess other examples of the art of other nations.
- The Doha Round Effectiveness in Solving Global Issues Except for the Dispute Settlement Understanding actions, the attendees of the conference agreed that the outcome of all negotiations was to be done as a single undertaking.
- Adolescent Pregnancy as a Global Issue The wider the information system is, the more effective methods of solving problems related to the health of pregnant teens are.
- Malnutrition in Children as a Global Health Issue The peculiarity of this initiative is not to support children and control their feeding processes but prevent pediatric malnutrition even before a child is born.
- Global Health Issue in the “Mother Teresa” Movie The movie is devoted to her immense donation to the universal HIV/AIDS struggle in India, but along with the help to HIV infected people, she made the greatest ever contribution to the matters of peace […]
- How Has Globalization Impacted on Issues of Human Rights William Adler closely examines the disrupted lives of the three women who occupy an assembly-line job as the job and its company moves from New Jersey to rural Mississippi and to Matamoros, Mexico, across the […]
- Modern Global Issues: Drinking Water Shortage The situation is closely linked with the lack of water, and the offered technology to cope with this problem. This is the only way to use naturally filtered and sprang water.
- Global Warming Issues Review and Environmental Sustainability Whether it is the melt down of Arctic ice, the damage of the Ozone layer, extra pollution in developing countries; all sums up to one thing in common and that is global warming.
- The Great Global Warming Swindle: Different Views on the Issue According to the film, the main aim of the scientific organizations is to get funding for the research of this problem and attract additional attention to global warming, while in reality, the climate is changing […]
- Global Issue: WWF on Bio-Refineries NGO’s and private communities provide most of the funds, along with the government, for the development of these integrated bio-refineries. Integrated bio-refineries come with the promise of a better lifestyle and enhanced working conditions for […]
- Global Digital Divide as a Social Issue That is, if societies around the globe are able to bridge the gap between those who have and those who do not in relation to information technology, then the development problems would be minimized at […]
- Race as a Global Issue in the 1920s The main intention of prohibiting immigrants from entering the country was to block the Germans whom the Americans saw as a threat to their country.
- Global Health Issue Analysis: HIV – A Relatively New Disease Rapid detection and treatment are crucial to limit the spread of HIV and limit the patient’s effects. As the frequency and intensity of symptoms vary from person to person, testing is the only clear way […]
- Global Issues Action Plan in the U.S. While drawbacks are the possibility of losing power that other states can use to influence the United States and the lack of protection from emerging military organizations and countries, such as China and Iran, that […]
- Global Health Concerns Overview Title Report 1. Japan nuke risks are minimal The World Health Organization has sent alerts to global health experts to travel to Japan to prevent health hazards caused by radiation. WHO reported the health risks arising from the incident is very low and the current radiation level has no great risk on public health. In […]
- Examination of a Global Population Issue of Russia The country is one of the richest in the world. The country also has the largest forest cover in the world, and the largest fresh water lake.
- WHO and Its Impact on Global Health Issues The issues which are the center of attention of the World Health Organization are: Women’s Health Health In Africa Eradication of communicable diseases Dr Margaret Chan, the Director-General of World Health Organization said;”I want my […]
- Global Health Issue: The Coronavirus Disease Families have suffered unparalleled grief, anxiety, and distress from the increasing fatality, massive job losses, lockdowns, and movement restrictions to curb the spread of the virus.
- Solving Global Issues May Not Be as Easy as It Seems The main point of the essay is to demonstrate how the inaction of those with power and money in the face of human suffering is purely immoral.
- Environmental and Global Health Issues: Measles Measles is among the most contagious disease in the world and is highly frequent and densely distributed in poor developing nations of Africa and Asia.
- Global Ecological Issues of Covid-19 Pandemic The reduction in carbon dioxide emissions is due to the removal of cars on the streets, which account for about 23% of total CO2 emissions.
- Global Issues: Politics, Economics, and Culture by R.Payne The next chapter 14 reveals the issue of cultural homogenization and hybridization due to globalization. From the perspective of the biblical worldview, it largely determines the principles of the world.
- Global Issues, Common Good, and Individualism In such a case, the cohesion and commitment of each individual to shared goals and interests seem to solve the mentioned problems.
- Sustainability as an Urgent Global Issue Therefore, this shows the importance of integrating technology with other multidisciplinary teams to achieve quick and sustainable designs that can help in solving the urgent global issue.
- Global Issues, Climate Justice, and Human Overpopulation On the one hand, globalization has many positive aspects: the mutual enrichment of the world community, the exchange of best practices, and the availability of goods.
- Global Inequality Issues in Modern Society It was evident during the times of colonization when foreign entities tried to impose their sociopolitical and economic institutions on the developing nations.
- Global Health Issues Affecting International Community The HIV and tuberculosis pandemics have caused and will continue to present considerable challenges to emerging nations’ public health care systems, especially in the hardest-hit nations.
- Global Issues for Global Citizens: An Introduction to Key Development Challenges
- Are Gender Rights and Gender Discrimination Global Issues
- Global Issues Regarding the Container Shipping
- Analysis of the Global Issues in Business
- Global Issues, Local Solutions: Rethinking Wealth and Health
- Climate Change and Pollution Are Serious Global Issues
- Compounded Global Issues: Terrorism, Nuclear Proliferation, and Climate Change
- Global Issues: Obesity, Inactivity, and Water-Crisis
- Environment-Related Global Issues: Global and Regional Conventions
- How Global Issues Are Resolved With the Scopes of Many Disciplines
- Explaining the Global Issues of Environment and Health
- Global Crimes Cause Global Issues That Affect the National
- The Alarming and Troublesome Global Warming Issue
- Analyzing How Global Issues Affect Tourism
- The Link Between Global Issues and Change in Human Resource Management
- The Relations Between the Global Issues and Institutions
- Global Issues Surrounding the Millennium Development Goals
- Analyzing Human Trafficking as a Global Issue
- Global Warming: An Issue That Is Man-Made?
- Immigration and Migration Described as the Global Issues
- Analyzing Global Issues That Effect Everyone
- Environmental Issues: Chevron’s Contribution to Global Warming
- Global Issues We Are Facing Today
- Cigarette Smoking Relation to Global Issues of the Future
- Six Global Issues Associated With E-Commerce
- Global Issues: The Link Between Water Shortage and Child Mortality
- Analysis of the Innovation and Global Issues in Social Sciences
- The Relationships Between Internet, Computers, and Global Issues
- Global Issues Within the First Civilizations
- Legal and Global Issues Focused On Treating Undocumented Immigrants
- Analysis of the Poor News Coverage and Public Opinion on Global Issues
- Depicting Social and Global Issues and Trends in Adult Education
- The Global Issues Depicted in “Home”, a Documentary by Yann Arthus-Bertrand
- Teaching for Sustainable Development Through Ethical Global Issues Pedagogy
- Terrorism and the Military: Global Issues of Today
- The Concept, Content, and Nature of Contemporary Global Issues
- The Gay Marriage Debate: Contemporary Global Issues
- The Analysis of the Global Issues and Threats of Nuclear Weapons
- Overview of the Significant Global Issues of Nowadays
- The Part of the U.S. and India in Global Issues On Women
- Are Gender Rights and Gender Discrimination Global Issues?
- What Are the Global Issues in Business?
- Are Climate Change and Pollution Serious Global Issues?
- Are Terrorism and Nuclear Proliferation Global Issues?
- What Is the Role of Third World Countries in Global Environmental Issues?
- How Are Global Issues Solved With the Help of Many Disciplines?
- What Are the Social and Global Issues and Trends in Adult Education?
- What Institutions Can Solve Global Issues?
- What Are the Global Issues of Immigration and Migration?
- Do Global Issues Have Local Solutions?
- How Global Is the Issue of Obesity?
- What Are the Global Issues Related to Container Transportation?
- Is Child Mortality a Global Issue?
- What Are the Global Issues Associated With the Millennium Development Goals?
- What Were the Global Issues of the First Civilizations?
- What Global Issues Is Humanity Currently Facing?
- What Are the Global Issues Related to Human Resource Management?
- What Does Smoking Have to Do With Global Issues of the Future?
- How Do Global Issues Affect Individual States?
- What Is Public Opinion About Global Issues?
- What Are the Concepts, Meaning and Nature of Modern Global Issues?
- Gay Marriage: Is It a Modern Global Issue?
- What Are the US and India Global Issues Affecting Women?
- Global Issues: How to Fight Addiction to Video Games?
- What Are the Global Health Issues?
- Is Organized Crime a Global Issue in the World?
- How Can National Governments Solve the Global Issue of Climate Change?
- What Are Starbucks Global Issues?
- Why Is Global Cooperation Important to Address the Global Issues of Postharvest Losses?
- Is It Possible to Solve the Global Issue of PTSD?
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2023, September 19). 112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/global-issues-essay-topics/
IvyPanda. (2023, September 19). 112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/global-issues-essay-topics/
"112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." IvyPanda , 19 Sept. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/global-issues-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 19, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/global-issues-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 19, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/global-issues-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . 2023. "112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 19, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/global-issues-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '112 Global Issues Essay Topic Ideas & Examples'. 19 September.
- Agriculture Essay Ideas
- Children’s Rights Research Ideas
- Animal Abuse Research Topics
- Cultural Relativism Questions
- Deforestation Research Ideas
- Cyber Security Topics
- Demography Paper Topics
- Environment Research Topics
- Gender Inequality Research Topics
- Human Rights Essay Ideas
- National Parks Research Topics
- Overpopulation Topics
- Nuclear Energy Essay Titles
- Poverty Essay Titles
- Racism Paper Topics
List of Social Issues and Topics for Students
Think of the world as a place with social ties, which faces constant social, political, ethical, economic, environmental problems. This blog article will cover some common examples of social issues that can inspire you to choose the best topic for your research paper, essay, or term paper.
Whether you are in high school, college, or university, chances are that you will write a social issues paper. If you are a social work student, you are highly likely to be assigned a social issue essay.
The trick is to begin from a social issue or problem, explore widely what the media, news, and people are saying about a given issue, then apply concepts from class to narrow down to a topic.
These social issues are also subjects of policy briefs. Think of global problems, then start narrowing them down to continental, regional, national, and finally within the state or community. Most importantly, these issues should be represented in national, local, and international news. Your instructor most likely gave samples too, so peruse through your notes for ideas.
If you need some inspiration, let's define social issues, then explore a list of different issues before delving into topic ideas.
What is a Social Issue?
A social issue refers to a problem that affects a large population of people in society. It is a combination of different problems in present-day society, primarily in which people strive to find solutions.
They can also be defined as social conditions that disrupt normalcy in society.
Social problems result from many contributing factors that are beyond the control of an individual or individuals. If left unresolved, social issues birth conflicts based on a different point of view regarding what is morally right and what is incorrect decision either at the personal or group level.
Specific social issues are rampant in given countries, while others can be generic. For instance, the United States is known for police brutality, racism, hate crimes, obesity, overcrowded prisons, junk foods, hunger, homelessness, opioid pandemic, and wealth inequality.
For an issue to be considered a social issue or problem:
- It has to be one that can be solved or averted through joint action of community or society members
- Has to be recognized by the public as a problem
- Must affect a large segment of the population that recognizes it as a valid concern
- Has to be against the generally accepted values in society
List of Recent/Current/ Hot Social Issues
When assigned to write an essay, research paper, or term paper on social issues, you should think of writing a problem-solution essay . Here is a list of the most common or important social issues to kickstart you with your writing.
Here is a list of social issues that have captured the attention of everyone in the world.
- Covid-19 vaccine
- Mandatory vaccination for Covid-19
- Vaccine development and distribution
- Israeli-Pakistani conflict
- War in Syria
- Al-Qaeda takeover of Afghanistan
- Increased unemployment in the United States
- Increased unemployment in developing nations
- Increased demand of nurses and healthcare personnel in developed nations
- Australian travel ban for people outside its territory
- UK and US ban for people from places with high covid-19 infections
- Travel restrictions for people from countries with low vaccination rates
- Russia is accused of meddling in other countries' election processes
- Unrests and strikes after elections
- More deaths announced because of COVID-19
- Political hand in vaccination and covid-19 information
- Politics in manufacture and distribution of vaccines
- Change in the global economy because of the pandemic
- Social norm shifts because of the global pandemic
- The Black Lives Matter social movement has captured the attention of the world. The protests follow a series of police brutality cases in America.
- Social media made the BLM movement vibrant
- The Centers for Disease Control Center (CDC) shows that over 97 million people cannot access quality healthcare services globally.
- Both governments and non-governmental organizations are at the forefront to combat this.
- It can be attributed to shortages of healthcare personnel, poor healthcare policies, and poor healthcare systems.
- Overpopulation is also a contributing factor as the demand for healthcare services increases
- Poverty leads to a lack of access to universal healthcare packages
- The world has recorded many cases of racism. From advertisements to killings of people from a given race, there has been an increase in racism and discrimination.
- We have witnessed xenophobia and Islamophobia
- Religious discrimination has also taken the lead recently, with Muslims being blamed for terrorism
- Countries are slowly taking a stance on the issue of LGBTQ
- The chief issue has been the adoption rights of same-sex parents
- Some countries have criminalized same-sex relationships
- Climate change is an ongoing issue that raises emotions and controversy.
- It is a significant social issue that affects the entire world population.
- Issues such as hurricanes, tsunamis, severe storms, warmer winters, increased sea levels, wildfires, and drought are attributed to pollution.
- The global population is experiencing an outburst
- Experts warn that there will be a strain on resources in coming years
- Over 1 billion people are living in extreme poverty
- The world is projected to have over 9 billion people by 2030
- Overpopulation increases the scarcity of resources such as farmable lands
- Overpopulation leads to starvation, poverty, and homelessness
- Movement from country to country has increased
- Increased numbers of asylum seekers from countries such as Afghanistan and Haiti
- The United States has many immigrants, making immigration a social issue
- The UK is considering increasing strictness to immigration
- There is a refugee crisis as people are barred from entering some countries
- The National Association of Social workers prioritizes the right to vote as a social justice issue
- There is debate on the age limit to vote
- People are not coming out to exercise their right to vote
- There are issues with US' electoral college system
- Obesity is a prevalent issue in society. It is a social problem deriving from a lifestyle change.
- Childhood obesity and adult obesity is on the rise
- At least 2-3 people are considered overweight, while one in every six kids aged between 6 and 19 years are obese
- Obesity is linked to CVD, diabetes, cancers, depression, and other disorders.
- Terrorist organizations are mushrooming every day
- Suicide bombing
- Counterterrorism strategies
- Terrorists disrupting normalcy, such as Boko Haram that capture school going children
- Radicalization of youths to join terrorist groups
- Recruitment of terrorists through social media
- Weapons of mass destruction
- Biological terrorism
- Bombing of aircrafts
- Political assassinations
- International and domestic/home-grown terrorism
- Increased organ trafficking
- Women being trafficked more than ever
- Sex trafficking of young girls
- Many people are being recruited to be drug mules
- Drugs are affecting many people
- The proliferation of online education technology
- Digital illiteracy
- Digital divide
- Use of Skype, Zoom, and Google Classroom
- Inequality in accessing online education
Topics inspired by Social Issues/Problems
When writing an essay or research paper, you can pick topics related to the social issues we have highlighted above. Here are some topics
- Factors leading to sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse of minors on the rise
- Sexual abuse of the elderly
- Sexual abuse of nurses and frontline healthcare workers
- Sexual abuse of the homeless
- Sexual abuse by the clergy
- Sexual abuse in prisons
- Role of media in curbing sexual abuse
- Causes and consequences of early pregnancies
- Causes and solutions to teenage pregnancy
- The link between teenage pregnancy and drug abuse
- How desperation leads to early pregnancy
- Sex education and teenage pregnancy
- Impacts of teenage pregnancies
- Teenage pregnancy and abortion.
- Female genital mutilation
Over 200 million women have undergone FGM. In addition, there is a risk of 3 million girls undergoing the same even if they are below 15 years. FGM is rampant in over 30 countries .
- Prevalence of female genital mutilation in the developed world
- How culture impacts FGM practices
- Can movies help fight FGM?
- Health consequences of FGM
- Medicalization of FGM
- Complications after FGM
- Psychological consequences of FGM
- FGM and early marriages
- FGM and depression among women and girls
- FGM and education continuity among women
- Increased trans-country crimes
- Advancement in global financial crimes
- Money laundering and organized crimes
- More deaths in the hands of criminals
- Increased identity theft cases
- Increase stalking because of social media
General Social Issue Topics for Essays
As long as an issue affects many people, it can be the major subject of your essay. For example, the social justice issues that affect the majority; are significant and have many topic ideas.
- Causes, consequences, and solutions to PTSD among veterans
- Mental health issues among military families
- Overcrowding in prisons
- Consequences of breach of privacy.'
- Bullying in schools
- Toxic workplaces
- Unfavorable work policies
- Increased prostitution due to unemployment and poverty
- Increased school dropout rates
- Shortage of school drivers
- Increased childhood obesity
- Racial profiling in America
- Football hooliganism
- Shortage of access to clean water
- Shortage of healthcare personnel
- Shortage of teachers
- Stigmatization of people living with AIDS
- Increased air pollution
- Increased droughts
- Human-animal conflicts
- Microplastics in water bodies
- The increased cost of living
- Sexism in the media
- Police brutality in America
- Increased gender-based violence
- Impacts of domestic violence
- Swelling student loan debt
- Flint water crisis
- Homelessness in America
- Social media bullying
- Gangs in big cities
- Poor waste management in cities
- Growing fast-food and shrinking organic foods
- Inequality in organic food distribution in America
- Corruption in governments
- Corruption at FIFA
- Increasing date rapes
- Aggression in children
- Sexual abuse and racial discrimination in sports
- Destruction of natural and cultural heritage
- Overrepresentation of indigenous people in prisons
- Poor access to healthcare by indigenous populations
- Hate speech and fake news on social media
- Segregation in the USA
- Stigmatization of people with disability
- Misogyny in the Middle East countries
- Assault of domestic workers in the Middle East countries
- Money laundering in developing nations
- Stigmatization of people with mental health and their families
- Ethnic cleansing in today's society
- Pornography and child sex trafficking
- Labeling as a form of discrimination in society
- Social class wars in the current society
- Sex tourism, its causes, impacts, and consequences
- Drug addiction among teenagers
- Discrimination of access to vaccination
- Surveillance of people in society as a breach of privacy
- Ageism targeting specific races
- Body shaming on social media
- Increased natural disasters due to pollution
- Accidents and drunk driving
- Malnutrition among children
- Consequences of cultural isolation
- Green energy and green hoax
- Greenwashing by multinational corporations
- Labor exploitation through sweatshops
- Immigration challenges
- Displacement of people for infrastructural development
- Mobility in cities
- Political and religious extremism
- Abortion issues
- Increased religious intolerance
- Consequences of problem neighborhoods
- Breastfeeding in public
- Separation of parents and children at the border
- Racial profiling in the criminal justice system
- Politically motivated poor infrastructure
- Food insecurity in America
- Legalization of medical marijuana
- Increased marketing of junk food to children
- Private prisons in America
- Food shortage in Africa
- Consequences of deprived neighborhoods
- Food aid in war-torn countries
- Consequences of drunk driving
- Consequences of driving when texting
- Persecution of religious captives
- Homicides due to gun violence
- Inequality in the American workplaces
- Tax evasion by large companies
- High cost of healthcare access
- Causes and consequences of femicide
- Low access to colleges for poor children
- Racial profiling in college admissions
You cannot miss an idea from the societal issues list to write your essay, research paper, or term paper about.
- Best research paper topics for university students.
- Psychology research topics and ideas.
Having listed the most popular social issues that the entire world faces, you can now see how we ended up with topics from these issues. When assigned an essay, you can start from a single social issue, research widely, and develop a topic, thesis, and a befitting essay title.
If you feel like you could use some help, our paper writing service has essay writers you can pay to write your social issues essay. Whether it is an argumentative , compare and contrast, problem-solution, or synthesis essay , our essay writing service has experts who can ace it.
If the process of choosing a topic sounds complex for you, there are people who can do it in an instant. The good thing is that we are a fast essay service . Therefore, we can handle urgent essay requests.