What are your chances of acceptance?
Calculate for all schools, your chance of acceptance.
Your chancing factors
How to Write Georgetown’s “School or Summer Activity” Essay
This article was written based on the information and opinions presented by Alexander Oddo in a CollegeVine livestream. You can watch the full livestream for more info.
Choosing your activity, consider your “why”, discuss how the activity has impacted you, structuring your essay.
Georgetown’s second supplemental essay asks applicants to respond to the following prompt:
Briefly discuss the significance to you of the school or summer activity in which you have been most involved.
For this essay, students have approximately half of a page, single-spaced, to craft their response. In this article, we will discuss how to choose your topic, structuring your response, and tips to avoid common pitfalls.
When brainstorming topics for this essay, it is critical to pick an activity that you have had a lot of involvement in and that is really significant to you. Consider activities that you have spent a lot of, if not the most time on, as well as activities that you are highly interested in and passionate about.
Keep in mind, however, that passion trumps the amount of time invested. Often, students may have an extracurricular in mind for this essay that they have not been doing for very long, but really love. These activities, even when the student has not been involved for an extended period of time, typically are more impressive than an extracurricular that a student has been in for longer, but that they are not as passionate about.
Don’t Just Restate Your Resume
This essay should not be a restatement of your resume; it should instead emphasize the significance of the activity to you.
While including details can definitely have a place, such as in providing context about an uncommon activity, like curling for example, that portion of your essay should be limited to create room for reflection.
To avoid being too detail-heavy, focus instead on making your essay story-based and include anecdotes. Writing in this way does a great job of showing who you are rather than telling, which allows your essay to be more creative and engaging rather than too professional or resume-like.
As you plan your essay, consider your “why,” or why you enjoy participating in the activity that you have chosen. Including your “why” allows you to demonstrate your authentic interest in the activity and make your essay truly stand out.
This is a crucial component of this essay, but it is unfortunately common for students to underplay this aspect in their essay.
For example, there are a lot of common activities that many students participate in, such as Mock Trial or Model United Nations. If one student does Model UN just because it’s a fun activity, that might not lead to the best essay.
Instead, if their “why” is that their participation in Model UN prepared them to achieve a specific career goal, helped them build community, or led to a formative life story, then that could contribute to some more interesting anecdotes and a better essay overall.
In addition to your “why,” it is also important to reflect on how participation in this activity has impacted you. A strong essay will demonstrate to the admissions reader how this activity has made you who you are today.
Consider the following questions as you brainstorm: How has the activity has catalyzed your development of key personal traits? How has participating in this activity shaped your values? How has this activity helped you develop important friendships and professional relationships? If possible, try to tie the answers to these questions into your response. Specifically, you want to show Georgetown who you are and what is important to you, so it is important to take the time and reflect before writing this essay.
As you structure your essay, try to include “I statements.” These statements typically lend themselves to personal reflection and can ensure that your essay is focused on the significance of your activity to you.
Additionally, when including anecdotes, you can leverage anecdotes from your childhood in this essay. These types of anecdotes can make for great introductions to an essay , or can help explain a lifelong interest. That said, in your essay you will still explain who you are right now, since that is what admissions officers are most interested in.
Looking for advice on how to write the other essays for Georgetown? Check out this article on CollegeVine!
Related CollegeVine Blog Posts
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes New
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Education and Communications
- College University and Postgraduate
- Academic Writing
How to Write an Essay on How You Spent Your Summer Vacation
Last Updated: January 4, 2020
This article was co-authored by Alexander Peterman, MA . Alexander Peterman is a Private Tutor in Florida. He received his MA in Education from the University of Florida in 2017. This article has been viewed 49,591 times.
Writing an essay on how you spent your summer vacation is a classic way of starting a new school year. Think about this essay as an opportunity to tell a story about your summer while reflecting on the experiences you had. Choose a memorable moment you had this summer and start crafting your essay, giving as many details as possible.
Choosing a Topic
- These can also make nice visual aids if you are asked to present your essay.
- A list might be full of things like babysitting, attending a camp, working at a local store, taking a road trip, etc. This type of brainstorming can help you pick major events and other important moments from your summer.
- For example, maybe you spent your summer traveling around Japan. Think of a memorable moment you had while traveling — maybe you walked up a mountain in the pouring rain — and write about this moment, adding lots of details.
- For example, if you're writing about spending time at the beach, your outline could remind you to talk about the sandcastle building contest you entered, the dolphins you saw, and the ice cream you ate every day.
- Details might be what the other sandcastles looked like, how far away the dolphins were, and what kind of toppings were on your ice cream.
- Your outline is just to help you organize your thoughts — it can be written by hand or typed.
Crafting the Essay
- Instead of saying that you worked in a pet store, ate a PB&J sandwich, and walked home every day, talk about more than just your actions. You could talk about which pets are your favorites to work with, how it felt to eat the same sandwich every day, or what you thought about on your walk home.
- Using sensory details like these will help your readers visualize and engage with your writing. These help your audience make your experiences feel real to them, even though they weren't there.
- For example, instead of saying “I went to the beach this summer,” try saying “I spent my summer swimming in the frigid water at Virginia Beach.” The more details you can provide, the more engaged your reader will be.
- Instead of saying “the burger was really good,” you could say, “the burger was juicy and filling.”
- Don't just rely on spellcheck. It will help catch some errors, but it will miss some things, too.
- Ask a parent or other adult to read over your essay too, if you'd like.
- Setting your essay aside for a little while will give you a fresher perspective when you go back to revise it.
Structuring Your Essay
- Make sure your conclusion doesn’t just copy the introduction.
- Write your essay from the first person point of view, using "I." Thanks Helpful 2 Not Helpful 1
You Might Also Like
- ↑ http://www.citationmachine.net/resources/student-blog
- ↑ https://www.grammarly.com/blog/personal-essay/
- ↑ http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/grammar-rules-and-tips/tips-for-writing-a-personal-narrative-essay.html
- ↑ https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jessica-smock/8-tips-for-dazzling-an-ed_b_5498918.html
About This Article
If you need to write an essay on how you spent your summer vacation, there are simple ways to take your writing to the next level. Choose a moment that stands out to you, like playing at the park with your friends or watching a movie you enjoyed. Think about all the feelings and thoughts you had, and use them to write sensory descriptions that will take the reader on the journey with you. Use your introduction to set the scene and draw your reader in. Then, use each paragraph to explore different aspects of your favorite moment. For example, if you won a video game competition with your friends, you can talk about the rivalry between you, the rounds of the game, and how you celebrated. For more tips from our Education co-author, including how to edit your essay, read on! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Don’t miss out! Sign up for
Friday, 14 April 2023 - Welcome to the World of Pediastic
My Memorable Summer Vacation Essay: Unforgettable Adventures
From sandy beaches to mountain peaks: a journey of fun, exploration, and relaxation.
Summer vacation is a special time of the year that brings joy, relaxation, and adventure. Whether you spend your summer break traveling, exploring new hobbies, or simply enjoying some downtime, also it’s a time to recharge and create memories that will last a lifetime. In this blog, we invite you to join us on a journey through the different experiences of summer vacation with our summer vacation essay. From the excitement of a road trip to the mountains to the tranquility of a beach getaway to the cultural immersion of city exploration, we’ll share inspiring and entertaining stories of how people spend their summer breaks. So, get ready to escape the routine and embrace the summer spirit with us.
Table of Contents
Summer Vacation Essay Mind Map
Here’s a mind map outlining the different aspects of the summer vacation essay:
- Reasons for going on a summer vacation
- Exploring the Island
- Local markets
- Local cuisine
- Island culture
- Vibrant colors and unique architecture
- Beaches and Water Sports
- Crystal clear waters
- Soft sandy beaches
- Scuba diving
- Warm sunshine and cool ocean breeze
- Mountain Hiking
- Scenic views of the island
- Lush greenery
- Chirping birds
- A refreshing change from city life
- Relaxation and Spa Treatments
- Calming ambiance
- Expert service
- Local Festivities
- Local festival
- Street parades
- Mingle with locals and make new friends
- Overall experience
- Refreshed and rejuvenated
- Look forward to future vacations
Summer Vacation Essay
Sun, Sand, and Adventure: My Summer Vacation Experience
Summer vacation essay introduction
Summer is always the perfect time of the year to take a break from routine life and explore new places. This year, I had the opportunity to go on a summer vacation to an exotic island with my family. The trip was full of fun, adventure, and relaxation.
Exploring the island
The first day of our vacation was spent exploring the island. We visited the local markets, tried the local cuisine, and also learned about the island’s culture. The vibrant colors and unique architecture of the local buildings left us mesmerized.
Beaches and water sports
The highlight of our trip was spending time at the beach. The crystal clear waters and soft sandy beaches were a sight to behold. We indulged in water sports such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and jet skiing. Moreover, the warm sunshine and cool ocean breeze rejuvenated our spirits.
One of the days, we decided to go on a mountain hike. The scenic views of the island from the top were breathtaking. We were surrounded by lush greenery and chirping birds. It was a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Relaxation and spa treatments
After days of exploring, we decided to unwind and relax. We indulged in spa treatments such as massages, facials, and reflexology. The calming ambiance and expert service left us feeling pampered and also rejuvenated.
The island was hosting a local festival during our stay. We were lucky to experience the festivities first-hand. Additionally, the street parades, music, and fireworks were a feast for the senses. It was an excellent opportunity to mingle with the locals and make new friends.
In conclusion, our summer vacation was a delightful experience filled with adventure, relaxation, and also exploration. It was a welcome break from our routine lives, and we returned home feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I look forward to more such vacations in the future.
How to Spend My Summer Vacation Essay
Summer vacation is the perfect time to relax, recharge, and have fun. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to decide how to spend the summer break. In this essay, I will share some ideas on how to spend my summer vacation.
One of the best ways to spend the summer is by traveling. Exploring new places and experiencing new cultures can be an enriching and also rewarding experience. Whether it’s a road trip or a flight to a new destination, traveling can create memories that last a lifetime.
Moreover, volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and make a positive impact. There are numerous organizations and causes that require volunteers, such as animal shelters, environmental groups, and soup kitchens. Spending the summer volunteering can be a fulfilling and also meaningful experience.
Learning a New Skill
In addition to this, summer vacation can be the perfect time to learn a new skill. Whether it’s learning a new language, taking a cooking class, or improving a musical instrument, the possibilities are endless. Developing a new skill can be a great way to boost confidence and also creativity.
Spending Time Outdoors
The summer season is also perfect for spending time outdoors. Activities such as hiking, camping, swimming, and playing sports can be a great way to stay active and enjoy the fresh air too. Spending time outdoors can also have mental health benefits such as reducing stress and anxiety.
Relaxing at Home
Sometimes, the best way to spend the summer vacation is by simply relaxing at home. Taking a break from the stress and responsibilities of daily life can be refreshing and rejuvenating. Spending time reading, watching movies, or pursuing a hobby can be a great way to unwind and recharge.
Summer vacation essay conclusion
In conclusion, summer vacation can be a great opportunity to have fun, learn new things, and recharge. Whether it’s traveling, volunteering, learning a new skill, spending time outdoors, or relaxing at home, there are countless ways to make the most of the summer break. The most important thing is to choose activities that bring joy and also fulfillment.
How I Spent My Summer Vacation Essay
Summer vacation is a time to relax, have fun, and create memories. This year, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel and explore new places. In this essay, I will share how I spent my summer vacation.
Road Trip to the Mountains
Firstly, my summer vacation began with a road trip to the mountains with my family. We spent several days hiking, exploring nature, and also enjoying the breathtaking views. We even had the opportunity to go whitewater rafting, which was an exhilarating experience.
Visiting National Parks
After our mountain adventure, we traveled to several national parks. We visited Yellowstone and Yosemite, and also the Grand Canyon, among others. Each park had its unique features, and we also enjoyed learning about the history and geology of each location.
After our national park adventure, we took a break from nature and spent a few days at the beach. We enjoyed swimming in the ocean, building sandcastles, and also relaxing in the sun. In short, it was a great opportunity to unwind and enjoy the beauty of the ocean.
Our final stop was in several cities along the East Coast. We visited New York City, Washington D.C., and Boston, among others. Then we enjoyed exploring the museums, historical sites, and cultural landmarks. We also had the opportunity to try local cuisine and immerse ourselves in the city’s atmosphere.
Spending Time with Family and Friends
Throughout my summer vacation, I was able to spend quality time with my family and friends. We created memories that will last a lifetime, from hiking in the mountains to exploring the city streets.
Conclusion of summer vacation essay
In conclusion, my summer vacation was an incredible experience that allowed me to explore new places, learn about different cultures, and create unforgettable memories. I was grateful for the opportunity to spend time with my loved ones and experience the beauty of nature and city life. I will cherish these memories for years to come.
Summer Vacation Essay 10 lines
Summer Vacation Essay 10-lines
Here’s a summer vacation essay in 10 lines/points:
- Summer vacation is a time of freedom, fun, and also relaxation.
- It’s the perfect opportunity to take a break from school or work and enjoy some downtime.
- Some people choose to travel and explore new places during their summer break.
- Others prefer to stay close to home and spend time with family and friends.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, and camping are popular choices during the summer months.
- Moreover, summer vacation is also a great time to learn new skills or pursue hobbies and interests.
- Many people use their summer break to volunteer and give back to their community.
- However, relaxation and self-care are important aspects of summer vacation, as it’s a time to recharge and rejuvenate.
- Summer vacation memories last a lifetime, and it’s important to cherish the experiences and connections made during this time.
- Whether you’re traveling the world or enjoying a staycation, summer vacation is a time to embrace the joy and freedom of the season.
How I Spend My Summer Vacation Essay in 100 Words
Summer vacation is the perfect time to relax, have fun, and make memories. Traveling, volunteering, learning a new skill, spending time outdoors, and relaxing at home are all great ways to spend the summer break . Whether it’s exploring new places, giving back to the community, developing new talent, enjoying the outdoors, or taking a break from daily life, the possibilities are endless. However, the most important thing is to choose activities that bring joy and also fulfillment. In short, summer vacation is a valuable opportunity to recharge, refresh, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
My Village Essay: Exploring Rural Charms
My mother essay in 10 lines: a tribute to unconditional love, you may also like, lesson plan: guide to a successful lesson plan, how to find scholarships for pakistani students, 40 lesson plans for b.ed. as samples to guide you, my favorite teacher: a moving descriptive essay, how to write an application for urgent piece of work, how to craft a winning application for fee concession, my aim in life: fulfilling my passion to make a..., how my best teacher helped me succeed, speech on social media – from connections to consequence, leave a comment cancel reply.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Solved Assignments
- Lesson Planning Samples
- Research Project (8613)
- Past Papers
Talk to our experts
- Summer Season Essay
Introduction of summer season essay
There are different seasons in a year, winter, spring, summer and autumn. But among all these seasons, summer is the most awaited and favorite season for everyone. Summer is a time when everyone wants to enjoy and relax. There are various things to do in the summer season. People love going on vacation during summer. They can do different activities like visiting picnic places, resorts and many other things that they like. The weather is too good for travelling.
The summer season brings so much happiness to everyone. Everyone eagerly waits for summer to come. People get a chance to enjoy the sun and its heat. People can go outside to enjoy the sun. People spend most of their day outside during summer. They want to feel hot sun rays on their face and body, which makes them feel refreshed. The summer season is too good for students as they can enjoy long vacations in summer. They do not have to go to school and can enjoy their vacations. They can take part in different activities that they like to do. Kids love the summer season as it is the time for playing outside. They can go to a swimming pool, park or any other place where they can enjoy playing. There are so many things for children to do during summer. They can also go on a trip with their family and friends.
People can also enjoy their time by sitting outside their homes. And castles make for a perfect summer day at the beach. When going to the pool, one will most likely find a suntan lotion dispenser. From late afternoon thunderstorms to s'mores by the campfire with friends and family, summers are a wonderful time of year filled with many different stereotypical memories that pop into mind as the word is spoken.
There are different seasons in a year, summer, monsoon, autumn, winter, and spring. With each season, we witness certain changes not only in our lives but also on our Earth. Seasons are reminders to us that change is inevitable. India is one of the few countries that experiences all six seasons in a year. They are summer, monsoon, autumn, pre-winter, winter, and spring. However, these seasons vary from region to region due to factors like latitude, longitude, topography, and environmental factors. As per the Hindu calendar, each season is divided into two months throughout the year.
The summer season is one of the main seasons in a tropical country like India. Summer sets in April and continues up to the end of July. Summer is usually associated with hot, dry weather. The days are longer, and the nights are shorter during this season. From late morning to midnight, heat persists during the summer months.
In the Hindu calendar, these months are called Jyeshta and Aashaadha. In India, since the tropic of cancer passes through the northern hemisphere, the states of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh experience the summer season. The temperature in some places increases up to 50o Celsius.
The days become so hot and long that people suffer from terrible heat right from the morning till midnight. It becomes difficult for people to commute. Most people are spotted in light dresses, sunglasses, and sandals. On some days, a hot and dusty wind blows at noon and makes life more miserable. People prefer staying indoors. In the northern part of India, this wind is called 'Loo', and it is not safe to get exposed to this. In the daytime, the scorching heat of the sun affects normal life. The difficulties in this season are innumerable. Ponds and pools dry up. The water level in wells also goes down. A water crisis is felt almost everywhere. The absence of enough trees and persistent pollution aggravates the problems in summer. The weak and the old sometimes fall victim to sunstrokes in the hot sun. Birds and stray animals face lots of hardship, as they don't get sufficient water to drink. Many health issues like dysentery, dehydration, and diarrhoea are prevalent in this season. The towns and cities look deserted in the afternoons. Everything comes to a standstill during the day because of the simmering rays of the sun. The nights become pleasant, and most activities are done after the sunset during this season.
Besides the innumerable difficulties people face, it is the most awaited season, especially by the students. They get over with their final exams, and it is vacation time for them as well as their parents. They plan to visit their grandparents or places like hill stations to escape the heat. Some also go to the beaches, as they are very pleasant at night. Children take up many indoor activities. Swimming and other water sports are some favorite outdoor activities in this season, making it somewhat pleasant. Summer break for the students is a good time for learning various new activities. Most students go for summer camps at cooler places.
Various kinds of vegetation thrive around us. Many kinds of fruits and flowers are available in this season. Mango is the most dominant fruit of the summer season. Other fruits like jackfruits, guava, litchis, watermelons, and pineapples are available in plenty in the summer season.
We can see many beautiful animals and creatures thriving in our surroundings since they wake up from their hibernation.
Cold drinks, ice-creams, and watery fruit juices like grapes, cucumber, watermelon, are in high demand in this season. People prefer cold foods like kulfis, chilled juices, etc.
It is an important season for the farmers. They sow seeds for new crops because this climate is favorable for the cultivation of the crops. They sow Zaid crops like pumpkin, cucumber, and bitter gourd, etc.
Important festivals like Buddha Purnima, Rath yatra are celebrated during this season. Some more important festivals like Baisakhi, Ram Navami, Raja Parva, and Hanuman Jayanti are also celebrated.
The summer season, which is full of heat and dust, is a blessing in disguise. The scorching rays of the sun evaporate the water from all water bodies at this time, and this phenomenon gives way to the advent of the rainy season. The low pressure created over the landmass of India during this season is responsible for months-long monsoon rain.
Like all other seasons, summer has its own uniqueness. There are both advantages and disadvantages in this season but this season can be enjoyed to the fullest.
FAQs on Summer Season Essay
1. What are some of the difficulties faced in the summer season?
Some of the difficulties faced in this season are innumerable. Ponds and pools dry up. The water level in wells also goes down. A water crisis is felt almost everywhere. The privation of enough trees and persistent pollution aggravates the problems in summer. The weak and the old people sometimes fall victim to sunstrokes in the hot sun. Birds and stray animals face lots of worry, as they don't get sufficient water to drink. Many health issues like dysentery, dehydration, and diarrhoea are prevalent in this season. The towns and cities look secluded in the afternoons. Everything comes to a stay during the day because of the simmering rays of the sun. The nights become beautiful, pleasant, and most activities are done after the sunset during this summer season.
2. Are there any advantages of summer?
There are some advantages of the summer season as well. The vegetation around us thrives during this season. Many fruits and flowers are available in this season. Mango is the most cardinal fruit of the summer season. We can see many beautiful animals and creatures thriving in our surroundings since they wake up from their hibernation. This season is important for the farmers as they sow seeds for new crops because this climate is favorable for the cultivation of the crops. Some more important festivals like Baisakhi, Ram Navami, Raja Parva, and Hanuman Jayanti are also celebrated in this summer season.
3. What kind of animals and vegetables can be seen in the summer season?
There are different kinds of animals and creatures that we can see during the summer season. Many kinds of fruits and flowers are available during this time. Mango is the most cardinal fruit of the summer season. Cold drinks, ice-creams, and watery fruit juices like grapes, cucumber, watermelon, are in high demand in this season. People prefer cold foods like kulfis, ice creams, chilled juices, etc.
Farmers sow seeds for new crops because this climate is favorable for the cultivation of the crops. Zaid crops like pumpkin, cucumber, and bitter gourd, etc., are sowed during this season. Important festivals like Buddha Purnima, Rath yatra are celebrated during this season. Some more important festivals like Baisakhi, Ram Navami, Raja Parva, and Hanuman Jayanti are also celebrated in this season.
4. What are the benefits of rain in summer?
The low pressure created over the landmass of India during this summer season is amenable for months-long monsoon rain. The lack of enough trees and persistent pollution aggravates the problems in summer. Rains bring a cooling effect to us all. It also helps in washing away the dirt, dust, etc., from our surroundings which is very helpful, especially after the summer season, when everyone wants to meet their friends and relatives.
Heavy rains bring lots of happiness. It helps in getting rid of the heat, illness, anxiety, depression and other types of stress because rain is a pleasant event after all. Monsoon rain is very beneficial for the crops and helps in increasing the yield of the crops.
5. What should be done to enjoy the summer season to the fullest?
There are so many ways to enjoy this season. We can go for a swim in a pool or a pond, which is located nearby. If these places are not available, then we can visit any water park or amusement park. One can also go for a long drive in the company of family or friends. Creeks and rivers in our surroundings are to be enjoyed by all means since they also get dried up in summers.
We should make the best use of the water resources of this season. The beaches are also very popular among many people who love to enjoy the evenings. We can see many people enjoying themselves on the beaches wearing cool clothes and having lots of fun during the entire day until late hours at night. There are various ways to enjoy the summer season with family members or friends, which include going for picnics, summer camps, etc. Life in summers becomes much easier if we have an air conditioner at our homes and offices, which makes us enjoy the season to the fullest.
6. What are the disadvantages of the Summer Season?
The disadvantages are:
Scorching heat in the daytime.
Scarcity of water.
Health issues like dysentery, diarrhea, and dehydration.
Dust and hot wind.
Ponds and wells go dry.
Birds and stray animals do not get sufficient water to drink.
7. What measures should be taken to stay safe during this Season?
You should drink a lot of fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Stay indoors as much as you can. Wear light clothes. Eat plenty of fruits and have a balanced diet by eating healthy food.
8. What are the important festivals of this Season?
The important festivals celebrated during this season are Baisakhi, Buddha Purnima, Rath yatra, Ram Navami, Hanuman Jayanti, and Raja Parva.
9. What activities can we do during the Summers?
Since it is a break time for the students, we can go for a short trip to hill stations to escape the heat. We can also go to the beaches. Water sports are some outdoor activities that we can do. We can learn and experience new things like painting, swimming, etc. We can go trekking. We can enjoy pleasant evenings with family and friends. We can also indulge in indoor activities during the day when the sun is at peak. We can take care of the stray animals and birds who are suffering the most because of the scorching heat by providing them food and water.
Your Article Library
Short essay on summer season (557 words).
Read this short essay on Summer Season !
In the northern hemisphere, summer is the warmest season of the year; extending from the summer solstice through to the autumnal equinox. This season introduces the raining season, because of the heat, water is evaporated and the vapours are safely stored in the atmosphere, in turn these vapours are turned into clouds that fall as rain for four months.
Image Curtsey: fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/337/e/9/emergence_of_the_summer_season_by_princealiababwa-d345xus.jpg
Summer is especially warm because during this time that part of the earth is directly under the sun and its rays are focused on the area, drying up ponds and lakes; this has/can lead to a scarcity of water. For most people this time of the year is associated with fun as schools break on holidays and most offices are not fully active.
Summer brings back lots of outdoor social activities impossible in the freezing cold winter. Most people visit picnics, beaches and parks to relax and unwind themselves under clear skies. For the party rockers, summer time is ‘open season’ so many parties are held to take advantage of the fine weather ,with clear skies the summer hosts a very bright moon, ideal for this purpose.
This season brings bright and longer days, which exposes the beauty of nature, grasses are green, flowers bloom and myriad birds and animals return to the melted and blossoming fields. Everyone dresses with light materials to feel cool under the hot sun; most will be spotted in shorts, sunglasses, summer dresses and scandals. Some fruits such as mangos and pineapples, become ripe during summer, so this season present the opportunity for people to enjoy them.
For some, summer is much disliked, backed by complaints of discomfort caused by the high heat levels and slowdown of business activity during this time (well, that depends on the line of business). Generally, people try to keep indoors and have cold beverages to supplement on liquid being lost from their system through constant perspiration. The hottest period of the summer season is around midday, mornings and evenings are relatively cool
Summer days can be extremely hot and people usually the elderly suffer from heat strokes, in the past this has resulted in some deaths, during this season children may also suffer from summer boils. Due to the heat people become easily tired as their bodies sweat continuously. Scientists believe that rising summer heat levels is as a result of global warming and predict that if nothing is done, in years to come the temperatures due in future summers may become too hot to play or even survive in.
True to their admonition, summer season in the last couple of years has reached record heat levels, unprepared for this it resulted in many deaths and emergencies, most people ordered air conditioners or went out to cool in pools and public fountains. As with all harmful natural phenomena, the poor bears the brunt whilst the rich hide behind the latest technology for comfort.
Summer is associated with life, birth and rebirth, it is deduced that plant and animal life go into a state of rest/hibernation during the cold months of winter; it is as though the teeming colours and sounds of nature have disappeared. The summer gives life/birth/rebirth to life around us, plants blossom, animals happily resume activity and nature feels ‘alive’ again. This has been and is still the most celebrated aspect of this season.
- Short Essay on Winter Season (587 Words)
- Short Essay on the Hindu Doctrine of Karma (396 words)
No comments yet.
Leave a reply click here to cancel reply..
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Essay on Summer Vacation for Students and Children
500+ Words Essay on Summer Vacation
During the middle of the summer season , a holiday period is called summer vacations. Also, all the colleges and schools become closed due to high temperature during the summer months (Half may and complete June and sometimes first one or two weeks of July). Also, the kids relax and enjoy this time of the years as they do not have to go to school or colleges. Most of the children either go to a cool place like a hill station or visit their native village to have fun with cousins, and friends. Apart from that, some kids choose to stay at home and join hobby classes or learn new skills. In this essay on summer vacation, we are going to discuss various ways of enjoying summer vacation.
Things You Can Do In Summer Vacation
Overall summer vacation is a long period of time for someone to get bored with them. But you can do a lot of things that will keep you interested and busy during the holidays. Here we are going to discuss various activities that you can perform in your summer vacation apart from going on trips.
- You can join any activity classes or summer camp. Also, they will give you activities on a daily basis so that your interest remains with you.
- Also, you can make a new habit like reading , writing , collecting, and observing. These habits not only prove useful in your future life but also improve your knowledge.
- Apart from that, you can join sports clubs to learn your favorite sports like swimming, athletics, boxing, and taekwondo, etc.
Places That You Can Visit
Most of the people either visit their native village or go to the cool hill station with the family. But visiting the same place multiple times can become quite boring after a few years. Also, if you go to different places every summer vacation then you can learn new things about those places. Also, you can see new and famous things or places of that location.
Summer is a month of hotness and you want to stay indoors as much as possible. But if you will show a little courage to stand in the sun then you can travel a lot of places in your life. Also, the vacation covers a period of almost 2 months and within this time you can visit your native village or town and also can travel to a new place.
Get the huge list of more than 500 Essay Topics and Ideas
Ways Of Enjoying Summer Vacation
Anyone can enjoy summer vacations the way they like but according to me the best way to enjoy summer vacation is to learn or read something. Also, learning and reading not only help you in your school and college life but also proved very useful in the future. But everyone has their opinion about enjoying the summer vacation. On one hand, there are people who like to go outdoor and on the other, there are people who like to spend their entire time indoors.
Summer vacation is a quality time of the year for children. So, they should try to utilize that time not only in playing games but also doing some activities that will make them more active. Also, at this time they can do anything they want to do. They can enjoy this quality time with their parents, friends, and neighbors.
- Travelling Essay
- Picnic Essay
- Our Country Essay
- My Parents Essay
- Essay on Favourite Personality
- Essay on Memorable Day of My Life
- Essay on Knowledge is Power
- Essay on Gurpurab
- Essay on My Favourite Season
- Essay on Types of Sports
Which class are you in?
Download the App
- View All Management Exams
Colleges & Courses
- MBA College Admissions
- MBA Colleges in India
- Top MBA Colleges in India
- Top Online MBA Colleges in India
- CAT Registration 2023
- BBA Colleges in India
- CAT Percentile Predictor 2023
- CAT 2023 College Predictor
- XAT College Predictor 2024
- CMAT College Predictor 2024
- SNAP College Predictor 2023
- MAT College Predictor 2023
- NMAT College Predictor
- CAT 2023 Syllabus
- CAT Previous Year Question Papers
- Download Helpful Ebooks
- List of Popular Branches
- QnA - Get answers to your doubts
- IIM Shortlist
- IIM Fees Structure
- JEE Main 2024
- JEE Advanced 2024
- BITSAT 2024
- View All Engineering Exams
- Colleges Accepting B.Tech Applications
- Top Engineering Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Engineering Colleges Accepting JEE Main
- Top Engineering Colleges in Hyderabad
- Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
- JEE Main College Predictor
- JEE Main Rank Predictor
- MHT CET College Predictor
- AP EAMCET College Predictor
- TS EAMCET College Predictor
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Advanced College Predictor
- View All College Predictors
- JEE Main Question Paper
- JEE Main Mock Test
- GATE Mock Test
- JEE Main Syllabus
- Download E-Books and Sample Papers
- Compare Colleges
- B.Tech College Applications
- BITSAT Question Paper
- AIIMS Nursing
- Top Medical Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges in India accepting NEET Score
- Medical Colleges accepting NEET
- List of Medical Colleges in India
- Medical Colleges In Karnataka
- Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Medical Colleges in India Accepting NEET PG
- NEET College Predictor
- NEET PG College Predictor
- NEET MDS College Predictor
- DNB CET College Predictor
- DNB PDCET College Predictor
- NEET Counselling
- NEET Result
- NEET Cut off
- NEET Online Preparation
- Download Helpful E-books
- LSAT India 2024
- Colleges Accepting Admissions
- Top Law Colleges in India
- Law College Accepting CLAT Score
- List of Law Colleges in India
- Top Law Colleges in Delhi
- Top Law Collages in Indore
- Top Law Colleges in Chandigarh
- Top Law Collages in Lucknow
Predictors & E-Books
- CLAT College Predictor
- MHCET Law ( 5 Year L.L.B) College Predictor
- AILET College Predictor
- Sample Papers
- Compare Law Collages
- Careers360 Youtube Channel
- CLAT Admit Card 2023
- AILET Admit Card 2023
- SLAT Application Form 2023
- CLAT 2023 Exam Live
- NID DAT 2024
- UPES DAT 2023
- Animation Courses in India
- Animation Courses in Bangalore
- Animation Courses in Mumbai
- Animation Courses in Pune
- Animation Courses in Chennai
- Animation Courses in Hyderabad
- Design Colleges in India
- Fashion Design Colleges in Bangalore
- Fashion Design Colleges in Mumbai
- Fashion Design Colleges in Pune
- Fashion Design Colleges in Delhi
- Fashion Design Colleges in Hyderabad
- Fashion Design Colleges in India
- Top Design Colleges in India
- Free Sample Papers
- Free Design E-books
- List of Branches
- Careers360 Youtube channel
- NIFT College Predictor
- IPU CET BJMC
- JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- IIMC Entrance Exam
- Media & Journalism colleges in Delhi
- Media & Journalism colleges in Bangalore
- Media & Journalism colleges in Mumbai
- List of Media & Journalism Colleges in India
- Free Ebooks
- CA Intermediate
- CA Foundation
- CS Executive
- CS Professional
- Difference between CA and CS
- Difference between CA and CMA
- CA Full form
- CMA Full form
- CS Full form
- CA Salary In India
Top Courses & Careers
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Company Secretary
- Cost Accountant
- Charted Accountant
- Financial Advisor
- Top Commerce Colleges in India
- Top Government Commerce Colleges in India
- Top Private Commerce Colleges in India
- Top M.Com Colleges in Mumbai
- Top B.Com Colleges in India
- IT Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- IT Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
- MCA Colleges in India
- BCA Colleges in India
- Information Technology Courses
- Programming Courses
- Web Development Courses
- Data Analytics Courses
- Big Data Analytics Courses
- RUHS Pharmacy Admission Test
- Top Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Pharmacy Colleges in Pune
- Pharmacy Colleges in Mumbai
- Colleges Accepting GPAT Score
- Pharmacy Colleges in Lucknow
- List of Pharmacy Colleges in Nagpur
- GPAT Result
- GPAT 2024 Admit Card
- GPAT Question Papers
- NCHMCT JEE 2024
- Mah BHMCT CET
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Delhi
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Hyderabad
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Maharashtra
- B.Sc Hotel Management
- Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Top Diploma Colleges in Maharashtra
- UPSC IAS 2023
- SSC CGL 2023
- IBPS RRB 2023
- Previous Year Sample Papers
- Free Competition E-books
- Sarkari Result
- QnA- Get your doubts answered
- UPSC Previous Year Sample Papers
- CTET Previous Year Sample Papers
- SBI Clerk Previous Year Sample Papers
- NDA Previous Year Sample Papers
- UGC NET Result 2023
- CDS Admit Card 2023
- NDA Admit Card 2023
- SSC CGL Result 2023 Tier 2
- SSC CHSL Result 2023
- SSC Exam Dates 2023
- UPTET Notification 2023
- SSC MTS Admit Card 2023
- SSC CHSL 2023
- UP PCS 2023
- UGC NET 2023
- RRB NTPC 2023
- IBPS PO 2023
- IBPS Clerk 2023
- IBPS SO 2023
- CBSE Class 10th
- CBSE Class 12th
- UP Board 10th
- UP Board 12th
- Bihar Board 10th
- Bihar Board 12th
- Top Schools in India
- Top Schools in Delhi
- Top Schools in Mumbai
- Top Schools in Chennai
- Top Schools in Hyderabad
- Top Schools in Kolkata
- Government Schools in India
- CBSE Schools in India
Products & Resources
- JEE Main Knockout April
- NCERT Notes
- NCERT Syllabus
- NCERT Books
- RD Sharma Solutions
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2024-25
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11
- NCERT solutions for Class 10
- NCERT solutions for Class 9
- NCERT solutions for Class 8
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7
- Top University in USA
- Top University in Canada
- Top University in Ireland
- Top Universities in UK
- Top Universities in Australia
- Best MBA Colleges in Abroad
- Business Management Studies Colleges
- Study in USA
- Study in UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in Australia
- Study in Ireland
- Study in Germany
- Study in Singapore
- Study in Europe
- Student Visa Canada
- Student Visa UK
- Student Visa USA
- Student Visa Australia
- Student Visa Germany
- Student Visa New Zealand
- Student Visa Ireland
- CUET PG 2024
- IGNOU Admission 2024
- DU Admission
- UP B.Ed JEE
- DDU Entrance Exam
- IIT JAM 2024
- ICAR AIEEA Exam
- Universities in India 2023
- Top Universities in India 2023
- Top Colleges in India
- Top Universities in Uttar Pradesh 2023
- Top Universities in Bihar 2023
- Top Universities in Madhya Pradesh 2023
- Top Universities in Tamil Nadu 2023
- Central Universities in India
- CUET Sample Papers
- CUET Mock Test 2024
- CUET Application Form 2024
- CUET PG Application Form 2024
- CUET Participating Universities 2024
- CUET Question Papers
- CUET Exam Pattern 2024
- CUET Exam Date 2024
- CUET Syllabus 2024
- IIT JAM Application Form 2024
- IGNOU Result 2023
- CUET PG Courses 2024
- E-Books and Sample Papers
- Knockout JEE Main 2024
- Test Series JEE Main 2024
- JEE Main 2024 Rank Booster
- Knockout NEET 2024
- Test Series NEET 2024
- Rank Booster NEET 2024
- JEE Main One Month Course
- NEET One Month Course
- IBSAT Free Mock Tests
- IIT JEE Foundation Course
- Knockout BITSAT 2024
- Career Guidance Tool
- IT & Software Certification Courses
- Engineering and Architecture Certification Courses
- Programming And Development Certification Courses
- Business and Management Certification Courses
- Marketing Certification Courses
- Health and Fitness Certification Courses
- Design Certification Courses
- Digital Marketing Certification Courses
- Cyber Security Certification Courses
- Artificial Intelligence Certification Courses
- Business Analytics Certification Courses
- Data Science Certification Courses
- Cloud Computing Certification Courses
- Machine Learning Certification Courses
- View All Certification Courses
- UG Degree Courses
- PG Degree Courses
- Short Term Courses
- Free Courses
- Online Degrees and Diplomas
- Compare Courses
- Coursera Courses
- Udemy Courses
- Edx Courses
- Swayam Courses
- upGrad Courses
- Simplilearn Courses
- Great Learning Courses
Access premium articles, webinars, resources to make the best decisions for career, course, exams, scholarships, study abroad and much more with
Plan, Prepare & Make the Best Career Choices
Summer Season Essay
Summer Season Essay - Summer is one of the major seasons in a tropical nation like India. The start of summer in March and its duration through the end of July. Typically, summer brings with it hot, dry weather. Here are 10, 200 and 500 word essays on Summer Season.
Summer, which comes after spring and before autumn, is the hottest of the four temperate seasons. India's summer season, when days are thought to be longer and nights to be shorter, typically lasts from March through June. This time of year is hot, humid, and dry, and because of the Earth's tilt toward the Sun, some regions can experience very high temperatures. Here are some sample essays on summer season.
100 Words Essay on Summer Season
The summer months are the hottest of the year, which makes outdoor activities nearly impossible throughout the day. Due to its cooling impact, most people like morning walks. The wind is hot, dry, and dusty all day long. Due to the summer, people can occasionally develop health issues. The following are some guidelines we should abide by this summer:
The weather is quite sunny.
We ought to dress in relaxed cotton clothing.
To combat the summer heat, we should consume cold foods and beverages.
To avoid dehydration and heat exhaustion, we must drink lots of water.
To protect birds from the summer heat, we should provide a bowl of water and some rice in the hallway.
200 Words Essay on Summer Season
Out of the four seasons of the year, summer is the warmest. It starts on the Summer Solstice day and finishes on the Autumnal Equinox day. Because the Southern and Northern Hemispheres are in opposite directions, it is winter when it is summer in the Southern Hemisphere. The season of extreme heat, dry weather, and intense monsoons contribute to growing death tolls. The high temperatures during this season allow the weather to warm up, which causes droughts with limited water supplies, scarcity, or complete water shortages in some areas. This season's sweltering weather, which causes issues for people and wildlife, is brought on by heat waves and temperature rises.
Take Care Of Your Health In Summers
Dehydration brought on by summer heat waves is a common cause of human and animal mortality. High heat waves cause the summer's worst extreme weather, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. According to NASA, human-caused global warming is causing summertime temperatures to rise yearly. As a result, it is wise to drink plenty of water all season long. In the summer, men and women should typically drink 3.7 litres of water daily, according to the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences. People who engage in strenuous activity must consume more water than usual.
500 Words Essay on Summer Season
Summer is one of the major seasons in a tropical nation like India. The start of summer in March and its duration through the end of July. Typically, summer brings with it hot, dry weather. During this time of year, the nights are shorter and the days longer. In the summer, the heat lasts from early morning until late at night.
These months are Jyeshta and Aashaadha, according to the Hindu calendar. The summer season is experienced in the Indian states of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh since the tropic of cancer crosses the northern hemisphere. Some regions experience temperature spikes of up to 50 degrees Celsius.
Activities During the Summer
Children enjoy the summer the most since it is when they are released from their academic responsibilities and can spend their days playing and causing trouble. Additionally, youngsters travel during the summer with their families to cool locations or beaches to escape the summer heat.
During the summer, kids and seniors spend most of their time indoors and entertain themselves with various games and activities. Children should be taught swimming and other water activities during this time of year so their bodies and minds can stay in shape while sweltering outside.
In addition to these activities, kids frequently consume smoothies, juices, and ice cream to stay calm and hydrated. When mangoes are in season, we often see kids picking them off of mango trees or standing next to them to harvest the ripe fruit. We also receive fruits like jackfruit, watermelon, guava, and lychee.
Even though summer is the warmest season, most of us may attempt to enjoy it fully. In the hot weather, adults, as well as children, find time to unwind and recharge. Everything will appear perfect and joyful when the Sun is beaming brightly above us.
Both natural and artificial elements contribute to summer's extreme heat. These reasons also bring about numerous changes in the climate. The youngsters enjoy it despite how dry the season is.
Additionally, excessive heat can cause many issues and is dangerous. Dehydration is one issue that it frequently causes in individuals. In addition to making you feel weak and nauseous, it can also make you die. Therefore, we must consume a lot of water to keep the body hydrated. In this season, little ponds, rivers, and wells all dry up. The groundwater level drops, and situations like drought occur in some locations.
Advantages of Summer Season
Despite being hot and dusty, the summer is a blessing. All water bodies are evaporating due to the sun's harsh rays at this time, which allows the rainy season to start officially. The monsoon rains, which last for months, are caused by the low pressure that develops over India at this time.
Disadvantages of Summer Season
Most people are seen wearing light dresses, sandals, and sunglasses. A hot, dusty wind blows about noon and worsens things on certain days.
People experience severe heat from dawn till dusk since the days get so hot and long and find it more challenging to travel.
People prefer to stay inside. This wind, known as "Loo" in the northern region of India, is dangerous to be exposed to.
Explore Career Options (By Industry)
- Information Technology
Bio Medical Engineer
The field of biomedical engineering opens up a universe of expert chances. An Individual in the biomedical engineering career path work in the field of engineering as well as medicine, in order to find out solutions to common problems of the two fields. The biomedical engineering job opportunities are to collaborate with doctors and researchers to develop medical systems, equipment, or devices that can solve clinical problems. Here we will be discussing jobs after biomedical engineering, how to get a job in biomedical engineering, biomedical engineering scope, and salary.
Database professionals use software to store and organise data such as financial information, and customer shipping records. Individuals who opt for a career as data administrators ensure that data is available for users and secured from unauthorised sales. DB administrators may work in various types of industries. It may involve computer systems design, service firms, insurance companies, banks and hospitals.
How fascinating it is to represent the whole world on just a piece of paper or a sphere. With the help of maps, we are able to represent the real world on a much smaller scale. Individuals who opt for a career as a cartographer are those who make maps. But, cartography is not just limited to maps, it is about a mixture of art , science , and technology. As a cartographer, not only you will create maps but use various geodetic surveys and remote sensing systems to measure, analyse, and create different maps for political, cultural or educational purposes.
GIS officer work on various GIS software to conduct a study and gather spatial and non-spatial information. GIS experts update the GIS data and maintain it. The databases include aerial or satellite imagery, latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates, and manually digitized images of maps. In a career as GIS expert, one is responsible for creating online and mobile maps.
If you are intrigued by the programming world and are interested in developing communications networks then a career as database architect may be a good option for you. Data architect roles and responsibilities include building design models for data communication networks. Wide Area Networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), and intranets are included in the database networks. It is expected that database architects will have in-depth knowledge of a company's business to develop a network to fulfil the requirements of the organisation. Stay tuned as we look at the larger picture and give you more information on what is db architecture, why you should pursue database architecture, what to expect from such a degree and what your job opportunities will be after graduation. Here, we will be discussing how to become a data architect. Students can visit NIT Trichy , IIT Kharagpur , JMI New Delhi .
Individuals who opt for a career as geothermal engineers are the professionals involved in the processing of geothermal energy. The responsibilities of geothermal engineers may vary depending on the workplace location. Those who work in fields design facilities to process and distribute geothermal energy. They oversee the functioning of machinery used in the field.
The role of geotechnical engineer starts with reviewing the projects needed to define the required material properties. The work responsibilities are followed by a site investigation of rock, soil, fault distribution and bedrock properties on and below an area of interest. The investigation is aimed to improve the ground engineering design and determine their engineering properties that include how they will interact with, on or in a proposed construction.
The role of geotechnical engineer in mining includes designing and determining the type of foundations, earthworks, and or pavement subgrades required for the intended man-made structures to be made. Geotechnical engineering jobs are involved in earthen and concrete dam construction projects, working under a range of normal and extreme loading conditions.
Within the graphic design and graphic arts industry, a graphic designer is a specialist who designs and builds images, graphic design, or visual effects to develop a piece of artwork. In career as graphic designer, individuals primarily generate the graphics for publishing houses and printed or electronic digital media like pamphlets and commercials. There are various options for industrial graphic design employment. Graphic design career includes providing numerous opportunities in the media industry.
Risk Management Specialist
Individuals who opt for a career as a risk management specialist are professionals who are responsible for identifying risks involved in business that may include loss of assets, property, personnel or cash flow. Credit risk manager responsibilities are to identifies business opportunities and eliminates issues related to insurance or safety that may cause property litigation. A risk management specialist is responsible for increasing benefits.
A Product Manager is a professional responsible for product planning and marketing. He or she manages the product throughout the Product Life Cycle, gathering and prioritising the product. A product manager job description includes defining the product vision and working closely with team members of other departments to deliver winning products.
A career as a securities broker is filled with excitement and plenty of responsibilities. One cannot afford to miss out on the details. These types of brokers explain to their clients the complex details related to the securities or the stock market. Choosing to become a securities broker is a good career choice especially due to the liberalization as well as economic growth. There are several companies and organizations in India which hire a securities broker. If you are also thinking of making a career in this field then continue reading the article, it will answer all your questions related to the field.
Bank Probationary Officer (PO)
A career as Bank Probationary Officer (PO) is seen as a promising career opportunity and a white-collar career. Each year aspirants take the Bank PO exam . This career provides plenty of career development and opportunities for a successful banking future. If you have more questions about a career as Bank Probationary Officer (PO), what is probationary officer or how to become a Bank Probationary Officer (PO) then you can read the article and clear all your doubts.
Credit Management refers to the process of granting credit, setting the terms it’s granted on, recovering the credit when it’s due, and confirming compliance with the organization's credit policy, among other credit-related operations. Individuals who opt for a career as Credit Manager should have hands-on experience with accounting software, a solid understanding of lending procedures, excellent analytical skills with the ability to create and process financial spreadsheets, negotiation skills, and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a field relevant to finance or accounting. Ultimately, Credit Management job is to help organizations minimize bad debts and increase revenues from the loan.
An Investment Banking career involves the invention and generation of capital for other organizations, governments, and other entities. Individuals who opt for a career as Investment Bankers are the head of a team dedicated to raising capital by issuing bonds. Investment bankers are termed as the experts who have their fingers on the pulse of the current financial and investing climate. Students can pursue various Investment Banker courses, such as Banking and Insurance , and Economics to opt for an Investment Banking career path.
In the career as an insurance analyst, one can monitor the choices the customers make about which insurance policy options best suit their requirements. They research and make recommendations that have a real impact on the financial well-being of a client down the road. Insurance companies are helping people prepare themselves for the long term. Insurance Analysts find the documents of the claim and perform a thorough investigation, like travelling to places where the incident has occurred, gathering evidence, and working with law enforcement officers.
A career as a Finance Executive requires one to be responsible for monitoring an organisation's income, investments and expenses to create and evaluate financial reports. His or her role involves performing audits, invoices, and budget preparations. He or she manages accounting activities, bank reconciliations, and payable and receivable accounts.
A career as Transportation Planner requires technical application of science and technology in engineering, particularly the concepts, equipment and technologies involved in the production of products and services. In fields like land use, infrastructure review, ecological standards and street design, he or she considers issues of health, environment and performance. A Transportation Planner assigns resources for implementing and designing programmes. He or she is responsible for assessing needs, preparing plans and forecasts and compliance with regulations.
Individuals who opt for a career as construction managers have a senior-level management role offered in construction firms. Responsibilities in the construction management career path are assigning tasks to workers, inspecting their work, and coordinating with other professionals including architects, subcontractors, and building services engineers.
Carpenters are typically construction workers. They stay involved in performing many types of construction activities. It includes cutting, fitting and assembling wood. Carpenters may help in building constructions, bridges, big ships and boats. Here, in the article, we will discuss carpenter career path, carpenter salary, how to become a carpenter, carpenter job outlook.
An individual who opts for a career as a welder is a professional tradesman who is skilled in creating a fusion between two metal pieces to join it together with the use of a manual or fully automatic welding machine in their welder career path. It is joined by intense heat and gas released between the metal pieces through the welding machine to permanently fix it.
Individuals who opt for a career as an environmental engineer are construction professionals who utilise the skills and knowledge of biology, soil science, chemistry and the concept of engineering to design and develop projects that serve as solutions to various environmental problems.
A Naval Architect is a professional who designs, produces and repairs safe and sea-worthy surfaces or underwater structures. A Naval Architect stays involved in creating and designing ships, ferries, submarines and yachts with implementation of various principles such as gravity, ideal hull form, buoyancy and stability.
Welding Engineer Job Description: A Welding Engineer work involves managing welding projects and supervising welding teams. He or she is responsible for reviewing welding procedures, processes and documentation. A career as Welding Engineer involves conducting failure analyses and causes on welding issues.
Are you searching for a Field Surveyor Job Description? A Field Surveyor is a professional responsible for conducting field surveys for various places or geographical conditions. He or she collects the required data and information as per the instructions given by senior officials.
Orthotist and Prosthetist
Orthotists and Prosthetists are professionals who provide aid to patients with disabilities. They fix them to artificial limbs (prosthetics) and help them to regain stability. There are times when people lose their limbs in an accident. In some other occasions, they are born without a limb or orthopaedic impairment. Orthotists and prosthetists play a crucial role in their lives with fixing them to assistive devices and provide mobility.
A veterinary doctor is a medical professional with a degree in veterinary science. The veterinary science qualification is the minimum requirement to become a veterinary doctor. There are numerous veterinary science courses offered by various institutes. He or she is employed at zoos to ensure they are provided with good health facilities and medical care to improve their life expectancy.
A career in pathology in India is filled with several responsibilities as it is a medical branch and affects human lives. The demand for pathologists has been increasing over the past few years as people are getting more aware of different diseases. Not only that, but an increase in population and lifestyle changes have also contributed to the increase in a pathologist’s demand. The pathology careers provide an extremely huge number of opportunities and if you want to be a part of the medical field you can consider being a pathologist. If you want to know more about a career in pathology in India then continue reading this article.
Gynaecology can be defined as the study of the female body. The job outlook for gynaecology is excellent since there is evergreen demand for one because of their responsibility of dealing with not only women’s health but also fertility and pregnancy issues. Although most women prefer to have a women obstetrician gynaecologist as their doctor, men also explore a career as a gynaecologist and there are ample amounts of male doctors in the field who are gynaecologists and aid women during delivery and childbirth.
When it comes to an operation theatre, there are several tasks that are to be carried out before as well as after the operation or surgery has taken place. Such tasks are not possible without surgical tech and surgical tech tools. A single surgeon cannot do it all alone. It’s like for a footballer he needs his team’s support to score a goal the same goes for a surgeon. It is here, when a surgical technologist comes into the picture. It is the job of a surgical technologist to prepare the operation theatre with all the required equipment before the surgery. Not only that, once an operation is done it is the job of the surgical technologist to clean all the equipment. One has to fulfil the minimum requirements of surgical tech qualifications.
Also Read: Career as Nurse
Ophthalmic Medical Technician
Ophthalmic technician careers are one of the booming careers option available in the field of healthcare. Being a part of this field as an ophthalmic medical technician can provide several career opportunities for an individual. With advancing technology the job of individuals who opt for a career as ophthalmic medical technicians have become of even more importance as he or she is required to assist the ophthalmologist in using different types of machinery. If you want to know more about the field and what are the several job opportunities, work environment, just about anything continues reading the article and all your questions shall be answered.
People might think that a radiation therapist only spends most of his/her time in a radiation operation unit but that’s not the case. In reality, a radiation therapist’s job is not as easy as it seems. The job of radiation therapist requires him/her to be attentive, hardworking, and dedicated to his/her work hours. A radiation therapist is on his/her feet for a long duration and might be required to lift or turn disabled patients. Because a career as a radiation therapist involves working with radiation and radioactive material, a radiation therapist is required to follow the safety procedures in order to make sure that he/she is not exposed to a potentially harmful amount of radiation.
A recreational worker is a professional who designs and leads activities to provide assistance to people to adopt a healthy lifestyle. He or she instructs physical exercises and games to have fun and improve fitness. A recreational worker may work in summer camps, fitness and recreational sports centres, nature parks, nursing care facilities, and other settings. He or she may lead crafts, sports, music, games, drama and other activities.
For an individual who opts for a career as an actor, the primary responsibility is to completely speak to the character he or she is playing and to persuade the crowd that the character is genuine by connecting with them and bringing them into the story. This applies to significant roles and littler parts, as all roles join to make an effective creation. Here in this article, we will discuss how to become an actor in India, actor exams, actor salary in India, and actor jobs.
Individuals who opt for a career as acrobats create and direct original routines for themselves, in addition to developing interpretations of existing routines. The work of circus acrobats can be seen in a variety of performance settings, including circus, reality shows, sports events like the Olympics, movies and commercials. Individuals who opt for a career as acrobats must be prepared to face rejections and intermittent periods of work. The creativity of acrobats may extend to other aspects of the performance. For example, acrobats in the circus may work with gym trainers, celebrities or collaborate with other professionals to enhance such performance elements as costume and or maybe at the teaching end of the career.
Video Game Designer
Career as a video game designer is filled with excitement as well as responsibilities. A video game designer is someone who is involved in the process of creating a game from day one. He or she is responsible for fulfilling duties like designing the character of the game, the several levels involved, plot, art and similar other elements. Individuals who opt for a career as a video game designer may also write the codes for the game using different programming languages. Depending on the video game designer job description and experience they may also have to lead a team and do the early testing of the game in order to suggest changes and find loopholes.
The career as a Talent Agent is filled with responsibilities. A Talent Agent is someone who is involved in the pre-production process of the film. It is a very busy job for a Talent Agent but as and when an individual gains experience and progresses in the career he or she can have people assisting him or her in work. Depending on one’s responsibilities, number of clients and experience he or she may also have to lead a team and work with juniors under him or her in a talent agency. In order to know more about the job of a talent agent continue reading the article.
If you want to know more about talent agent meaning, how to become a Talent Agent, or Talent Agent job description then continue reading this article.
Radio Jockey is an exciting, promising career and a great challenge for music lovers. If you are really interested in a career as radio jockey, then it is very important for an RJ to have an automatic, fun, and friendly personality. If you want to get a job done in this field, a strong command of the language and a good voice are always good things. Apart from this, in order to be a good radio jockey, you will also listen to good radio jockeys so that you can understand their style and later make your own by practicing.
A career as radio jockey has a lot to offer to deserving candidates. If you want to know more about a career as radio jockey, and how to become a radio jockey then continue reading the article.
Individuals who opt for a career as a talent director are professionals who work in the entertainment industry. He or she is responsible for finding out the right talent through auditions for films, theatre productions, or shows. A talented director possesses strong knowledge of computer software used in filmmaking, CGI and animation. A talent acquisition director keeps himself or herself updated on various technical aspects such as lighting, camera angles and shots.
Films like Baahubali, Kung Fu Panda, Ice Age and others are both a sensation among adults and children, and the multimedia animation industry's future looks promising. A multi media jobs could be described as the activity of giving life to a non-living object. Cartoons are the work of animation. Multimedia animation is an illusion developed with the still photographs. Multimedia animators work in a specific medium. Some concentrate on making video games or animated movies. Multi media artists produce visual effects for films and television shows. Multimedia career produce computer-generated images that contain representations of the movements of an actor and then animating them into three-dimensional objects. Multi media artists draw beautiful landscapes or backgrounds.
Careers in videography are art that can be defined as a creative and interpretive process that culminates in the authorship of an original work of art rather than a simple recording of a simple event. It would be wrong to portrait it as a subcategory of photography, rather photography is one of the crafts used in videographer jobs in addition to technical skills like organization, management, interpretation, and image-manipulation techniques. Students pursue Visual Media , Film, Television, Digital Video Production to opt for a videographer career path. The visual impacts of a film are driven by the creative decisions taken in videography jobs. Individuals who opt for a career as a videographer are involved in the entire lifecycle of a film and production.
In a career as a copywriter, one has to consult with the client and understand the brief well. A career as a copywriter has a lot to offer to deserving candidates. Several new mediums of advertising are opening therefore making it a lucrative career choice. Students can pursue various copywriter courses such as Journalism , Advertising , Marketing Management . Here, we have discussed how to become a freelance copywriter, copywriter career path, how to become a copywriter in India, and copywriting career outlook.
Careers in journalism are filled with excitement as well as responsibilities. One cannot afford to miss out on the details. As it is the small details that provide insights into a story. Depending on those insights a journalist goes about writing a news article. A journalism career can be stressful at times but if you are someone who is passionate about it then it is the right choice for you. If you want to know more about the media field and journalist career then continue reading this article.
A career as news anchor requires to be working closely with reporters to collect information, broadcast newscasts and interview guests throughout the day. A news anchor job description is to track the latest affairs and present news stories in an insightful, meaningful and impartial manner to the public. A news anchor in India needs to be updated on the news of the day. He or she even works with the news director to pick stories to air, taking into consideration the interests of the viewer.
For publishing books, newspapers, magazines and digital material, editorial and commercial strategies are set by publishers. Individuals in publishing career paths make choices about the markets their businesses will reach and the type of content that their audience will be served. Individuals in book publisher careers collaborate with editorial staff, designers, authors, and freelance contributors who develop and manage the creation of content.
In a career as a vlogger, one generally works for himself or herself. However, once an individual has gained viewership there are several brands and companies that approach them for paid collaboration. It is one of those fields where an individual can earn well while following his or her passion. Ever since internet cost got reduced the viewership for these types of content has increased on a large scale. Therefore, the career as vlogger has a lot to offer. If you want to know more about the career as vlogger, how to become a vlogger, so on and so forth then continue reading the article. Students can visit Jamia Millia Islamia , Asian College of Journalism , Indian Institute of Mass Communication to pursue journalism degrees.
Individuals in the editor career path is an unsung hero of the news industry who polishes the language of the news stories provided by stringers, reporters, copywriters and content writers and also news agencies. Individuals who opt for a career as an editor make it more persuasive, concise and clear for readers. In this article, we will discuss the details of the editor's career path such as how to become an editor in India, editor salary in India and editor skills and qualities.
Fashion journalism involves performing research and writing about the most recent fashion trends. Journalists obtain this knowledge by collaborating with stylists, conducting interviews with fashion designers, and attending fashion shows, photoshoots, and conferences. A fashion Journalist job is to write copy for trade and advertisement journals, fashion magazines, newspapers, and online fashion forums about style and fashion.
A multimedia specialist is a media professional who creates, audio, videos, graphic image files, computer animations for multimedia applications. He or she is responsible for planning, producing, and maintaining websites and applications.
A career as a gemologist is as magnificent and sparkling as gemstones. A gemologist is a professional who has knowledge and understanding of gemology and he or she applies the same knowledge in his everyday work responsibilities. He or she grades gemstones using various equipment and determines its worth. His or her other work responsibilities involve settling gemstones in jewellery, polishing and examining it.
Production Manager Job Description: A Production Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth running of manufacturing processes in an efficient manner. He or she plans and organises production schedules. The role of Production Manager involves estimation, negotiation on budget and timescales with the clients and managers.
Resource Links for Online MBA
Online MBA Colleges
Online MBA Syllabus
Online MBA Admission
A Commercial Manager negotiates, advises and secures information about pricing for commercial contracts. He or she is responsible for developing financial plans in order to maximise the business's profitability.
Quality Assurance Manager Job Description: A QA Manager is an administrative professional responsible for overseeing the activity of the QA department and staff. It involves developing, implementing and maintaining a system that is qualified and reliable for testing to meet specifications of products of organisations as well as development processes.
From design to manufacture, garment technologists oversee every stage of clothing production. Individuals are actively engaged in determining the perfect fabric and ensuring that production remains inside the budget. Garment Technologists operate very closely with the designing team, pattern cutters and consumers.
Are you searching for a Reliability Engineer job description? A Reliability Engineer is responsible for ensuring long lasting and high quality products. He or she ensures that materials, manufacturing equipment, components and processes are error free. A Reliability Engineer role comes with the responsibility of minimising risks and effectiveness of processes and equipment.
ITSM Manager is a professional responsible for heading the ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) or (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) processes. He or she ensures that operation management provides appropriate resource levels for problem resolutions. The ITSM Manager oversees the level of prioritisation for the problems, critical incidents, planned as well as proactive tasks.
Careers in computer programming primarily refer to the systematic act of writing code and moreover include wider computer science areas. The word 'programmer' or 'coder' has entered into practice with the growing number of newly self-taught tech enthusiasts. Computer programming careers involve the use of designs created by software developers and engineers and transforming them into commands that can be implemented by computers. These commands result in regular usage of social media sites, word-processing applications and browsers.
An IT Consultant is a professional who is also known as a technology consultant. He or she is required to provide consultation to industrial and commercial clients to resolve business and IT problems and acquire optimum growth. An IT consultant can find work by signing up with an IT consultancy firm, or they can work on their own as independent contractors and select the projects they want to work on.
A Data Architect role involves formulating the organisational data strategy. It involves data quality, flow of data within the organisation and security of data. The vision of Data Architect provides support to convert business requirements into technical requirements.
AI Data Analyst
An AI Data Analyst is responsible for procuring, preparing, cleansing and modelling data utilising machine learning models and new analytical methods. He or she designs and creates data reports in order to provide support to stakeholders to make better decisions.
Automation Test Engineer
An Automation Test Engineer job involves executing automated test scripts. He or she identifies the project’s problems and troubleshoots them. The role involves documenting the defect using management tools. He or she works with the application team in order to resolve any issues arising during the testing process.
A UX Architect is someone who influences the design processes and its outcomes. He or she possesses a solid understanding of user research, information architecture, interaction design and content strategy.
Everything about Education
Latest updates, Exclusive Content, Webinars and more.
Download Careers360 App's
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile
We Appeared in
- Main content
My parents gave me extra homework in school and every summer. It was the worst, but now I'm grateful for it.
- When I was in school, my parents gave me extra homework assignments.
- At the time, I hated doing more work after school and all summer.
- But as an adult, I'm grateful that they pushed me to exercise my brain growing up.
Some of my earliest memories are groaning about Language Arts.
In grade school, I came home every Monday with a five-page vocabulary packet. For my teacher, one page was due each day of the week. But for my mom, the whole packet was due on Monday.
She'd spend the rest of the week coming up with more creative assignments for me to do each night pertaining to the vocabulary words, like writing a short story with them.
That isn't the only extra homework assignment I remember. I wrote papers for my parents about presidential candidates, from George W. Bush to John Kerry. In 2008, I was assigned a persuasive essay when I told my mom I wanted Barack Obama in the White House.
And when fifth grade ended, my mom dropped a 400-page workbook in front of me titled, "What Your 6th Grader Needs to Know." I had to finish it by the end of the summer.
In high school , my parents stopped giving me extra homework, but they required me to take all advanced classes and volunteer in the summers.
When I was a kid, I hated this routine. I asked my mom all the time, "Why are you making me do this?"
"Because you can," she'd say.
Regardless of my abilities, to me, it was a drag.
Now, I see my parents' assignments completely differently
By giving me extra work, my parents were pushing me to exercise my brain past what was expected of me. And looking back, that helped me get ahead.
I was in the habit of writing essays before a teacher ever assigned me one. The summer workbooks kept my brain busy all summer long. So when it was time for school in the fall, I didn't have lazy habits.
In the working world, I can see how my summer assignments served me growing up. I graduated college with the mental stamina to work hard with no seasons off.
Today, I'm a travel reporter . My job sends me around the world to take pictures and write about my experiences.
When I was a kid, I never dreamed I'd be doing this, but my mom's attitude about my additional assignments gave me the confidence to go after exactly what I wanted — no matter the workload — because I could, as she always said.
If I could, I'd face 7-year-old me, rolling her eyes at a Language Arts packet, and I'd tell her she had nothing to groan about.
- Writing Activities
72+ Summer Writing Prompts + Activities
The summer holidays are approaching or maybe already here for some of you! And what better way to spend your summer holidays than perfecting your writing skills with our amazing summer writing challenge ! We have over 72 summer writing prompts to keep you writing for a good whole two months and more!
Get out your notebook and pencil and put your brain into creative mode, as each day you will be completing a creative writing exercise. By the end of the summer holidays, you will have a nifty little collection of summer stories to tell your friends or keep as inspiration for future masterpieces! You can download our 31-Day summer writing challenge printable here or see the list below of over 72 summer writing prompts. Oh and that’s not all – We even included 10 bonus summer writing activities for you to try out.
72+ Summer Writing Prompts
Here is our list of over 72 summer writing prompts:
- Make a bucket list of things you want to do this summer.
- Write about your last day at school before the summer break.
- Write an acrostic poem using the word ‘summer’
- Write a day in the life story about being a shark .
- Write a haiku about sandcastles.
- Write a journal entry about finding treasure.
- Continue the following story starter : A young girl was swimming at the beach. She was alone and just wanted to enjoy the sea. But suddenly she heard a sound. It was a sound she could not understand. A sound that made her feel frightened. She felt as if a wave was coming toward her. She turned and ran to the shore.
- Write a film review.
- Write about your dream holiday.
- Story Starter: My kingdom of sand where I spend my days…
- Write about life in ice cream land – A place where everything is made out of ice cream.
- You find a strange creature on the beach – describe it.
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?
- Use this story starter to write a short story: I went to the pool one day and saw…
- Write a short story about the sun.
- Can you write a six-word story about flamingos?
- Imagine that you owned your very own island. What rules would you set on this island? Who would be allowed to stay on this island? What about the creatures and animals on this island? You might enjoy this fun island name generator.
- Write a news article about flooding in a nearby city.
- Write a book review.
- What would it be like to live underwater?
- Would you rather go surfing with sharks, or on a picnic in a meadow of flowers and fairies? Explain your choice.
- Write a poem which starts with the following line: On one Summer’s night…
- Write a short biography of your life in the past 2 years
- Write an acrostic poem using the word: Vacation.
- What is your favourite summer activity?
- Write a how-to guide on planning the best picnic ever!
- Complete the following sentence in at least three different ways: I love summer because…
- Go for walk and write down everything you see.
- Write a poem about the summer holidays.
- Write a limerick about a sad mermaid.
- Write a scene in a story that includes the following words: monkey, coconut and umbrella.
- Use the following story starter to write a short story: The beach was covered with huge seashells. One by one, the beach walkers picked up the shells and put them in a big pile.
- You are going to the seaside. Make a list of ten things you need to pack into your suitcase and explain why you need each item.
- Write a travel guide about living in your area.
- Write an acrostic poem using the word: Lemonade.
- Write a journal entry about swimming with the sharks.
- Pick one of the following popular summer destinations, and research at least five fun facts about this destination: Costa Rica, Spain, Greece, Bali or Portugal.
- Write a letter to your best friend in another country.
- Write a short description of your dream world.
- Write instructions for making your favourite recipe.
- Write a short story about coconuts, monkeys and hermit crabs.
- Continue this summer limerick: There once was a boy named Mark. He dreamed of owning a pet shark…
- Story starter: One day, I ate a watermelon seed and…
- Write about the worst summer holiday ever!
- Use the following story starter to write a short story: My parents used to take me to the beach, to the amusement park, and to the lake when I was younger. But as I grew older, I wanted to do things that I would not have done if I were still a kid.
- Write a summer story about a person who is free and happy in the summer. You could write about a day off work, an opportunity to explore a place you’ve always wanted to visit, a new hobby or a day out with friends.
- Can you complete the following sentence in at least three different ways: I remember last summer…
- Pick one of the following sun-loving animals, and research at least five fun facts about them: Alligator, Sea Lion, Meerkat, Painted turtle, or Hippopotamus.
- Use this story starter to write a short story: When I was little, I went to a beach in the south of France. It was a warm, sunny day. I was running on the beach with my friends. I was barefoot. We were running in the middle of the beach when I slipped. I felt the sand on my foot. I didn’t feel any pain, I just felt the sand. That was the moment when things started changing for me.
- Make a top three list of your favourite ice cream flavours. Describe each flavour in detail.
- Would you rather have a three-month summer break at home or a one-week holiday at your dream destination? Explain your choice.
- Write a battle scene between a shark and a huge ice-cream monster. You can use this story starter as inspiration: Sharks are fast and powerful. If they see an ice cream cone, they’ll try to bite it. Ice cream is soft and sweet. The shark wants to eat it. It is easy to see how the ice cream would win. The ice cream has soft, slippery skin. The shark has sharp teeth and strong jaws.
- Write an acrostic poem using the word: Ocean.
- Make an A-Z list of summer-related words. Can you include a sentence for each?
- Write down at least five tips for helping someone relax during the summer holidays.
- Write a how-to guide on how to plan the perfect backyard BBQ party.
- Use this story starter to write a short story: A girl walks into a diner, and the first thing she notices is the smell of wet sand. She orders a drink, and the waitress asks her what she wants. “Watermelon,” the girl replies. “You’re a crab,” screams the waitress.
- Imagine that you find a magic pair of sunglasses. When you put these sunglasses on something really cool happens…
- Continue the following story starter: There once was a girl who was walking along the beach with her mother. She was looking for something in the sand and her mother was looking for something in the sea. Suddenly a sea anemone appeared.
- Would you rather have a pool in your backyard or a home theatre room? Explain your choice.
- Write a conversation between the sun and a huge cloud on a beautiful summer’s day. The sun could start the conversation by saying, “Hey Cloudy! Stay out of the way!”
- Write a limerick about an old sea turtle.
- Write a scene in a story that includes the following words: flip-flops, donkey, and bucket.
- Write down a recipe for making your own lemonade at home.
- Write some song lyrics about summer. The title of the song could be: Summer is forever.
- Make a list of at least five things you love about summer and five things you hate about summer. Write a sentence to describe each item in your list.
- Describe the most memorable summer vacation. What did you do? Why is it so memorable?
- Use the following story starter to write a short story: The weather is perfect, the sun is shining, the lake is reflecting the sky, and there is no need to wear a sweater. A great time to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Write some song lyrics about ice cream. The title of the song could be, Ice Cream, My Dream.
- Would you rather lead an army of crabs on a beach or lead an army of hares in the snowy mountains? Explain your choice.
- Write a haiku about two crabs at a beach.
- Write a scene in a story that includes the following words: ice cream, shark and flip-flops.
- Continue the following story starter: I was sitting at my parents’ house in the town I grew up in. My parents had just gone to the store and I was alone in their house. I’m not sure how long I had been sitting there, but it was time to head home. I was thinking about the last day of summer. I think a lot about the last day of summer. It’s the last day I see my parents for the summer, so I’m always sad to think about it.
- The summer holidays are nearly over. What was your favourite memory or moment from the holidays this year, and why?
Bonus: 10 Summer Writing Activities:
Completed our summer writing prompts? Well…we got some more cool summer writing activities for your to try out! Take a look at these summer activities:
- Story Maps: Story maps are an excellent way of telling stories in a way that kids will enjoy. Similar to treasure maps, the idea of a story map is to re-tell a story and collect items relating to that story along the way. You can even add unusual items to give the story a little twist! You can find a brilliant tutorial on creating story maps here and some free printable story maps .
- Act out a poem, song or story: Acting out a story or a song is a great way for children to connect feelings with written words. This helps children to develop empathy towards their favourite characters in the stories they read, putting them on the path toward a lifelong love of reading. Ask your child to read out a sentence or a paragraph from a story. Encourage them to use facial expressions and actions when reading this out. Have everyone join in to keep things fun and light.
- Nature Walk: Visit your local park and talk about the things you see, hear, smell and feel. Bring a camera along and take pictures of the environment, such as flowers, rocks, trees and so on. When you get home, ask your child to label each photo with a sentence or two to describe the photo. You can even try writing a poem about each photo or try writing a story linking all the photos together.
- Sight Word Island Hopping: This is an amazing activity which I found over at education.com . It is great for teaching kids new words over the summer break. All you need is some chalk and pavement for this fun outdoor game. It can be played with one child or a group of children. The purpose of the game is for the child to hop from one island to another, spelling out a word they are struggling with. If they spell the word wrong they have to start again from the starting island. Read the full instructions on how to play here .
- Sight Word Water Game: In this fun summer game, you again need some chalk, pavement and some water balloons or wet sponges. Using the chalk write out some words that your child is struggling with. Then ask your child to throw the balloons/ wet sponges at the words one by one, until they fade away. Once the whole word has faded away, ask your child if they remember how to spell the word. If they don’t remember begin the whole process again.
- Nature Journal: The summer is the perfect time to see different animal species out and about. This can provide an excellent outdoor adventure for all those budding, young adventurers. First, do a bit of research to see what wildlife is available in your area to spot. Then choose around two species that are not rare that your child can analyse. In a notebook, your child can then write notes, draw pictures, and add photographs of that species daily to learn about that species. Your child can even create an observation chart, observing the location the species was spotted at, timing, weather conditions etc.
- Treasure Hunt: Make a map of the “treasure hunt” area and pick a place to hide the treasure (ensure that it is not an obvious place). At each location on the map, there should be a clue that will bring the child one step closer to finding the treasure. The clues can be in the form of rhymes, riddles or simply “take 10 steps from the playhouse”. The treasure itself can be anything from chocolates to toy jewels. A treasure hunt is always a great success with kids, the kids can even dress up as pirates for added drama!
More Summer Writing Prompts for Kids:
Did you enjoy these summer writing prompts and activities? Then don’t stop here, join our online writing community for writers to publish their stories for free online and test their writing skills!
Marty the wizard is the master of Imagine Forest. When he's not reading a ton of books or writing some of his own tales, he loves to be surrounded by the magical creatures that live in Imagine Forest. While living in his tree house he has devoted his time to helping children around the world with their writing skills and creativity.
Tons of fun story ideas, writing activities, lessons, printables and much more - ALL FREE forever!
All to help you write your own stories in no time.
Sign-up to our community for FREE writing resources and tools to inspire you!
Continue Change Settings
House prices unchanged in September, says Nationwide, after interest rate pause and summer slowdown
Nationwide says affordability challenges are continuing to hamper activity but there are reasons to believe the worst could be over.
Business reporter @SkyNewsBiz
Monday 2 October 2023 09:30, UK
The sharp decline in house prices took a pause for breath last month, according to a closely-watched report.
Nationwide said prices were unchanged in September compared to the previous month.
The lender had reported a 0.8% fall in August.
It meant that prices were still 5.3% lower than a year earlier, equalling the biggest annual drop since 2009.
Nationwide's monthly index reflected the conclusion of the typical summer holiday slump in housing market activity and was the first reading of conditions since the Bank of England's last interest rate decision.
The vote to maintain the rate at 5.25% last month marked the end of a hiking cycle over 14 consecutive meetings.
While the Bank could yet impose further rises to tackle any further inflationary pressures in the economy, lower market expectations for further rises have been reflected in fixed mortgage rates.
Moneyfacts reported last week that the average five-year fix on the market had fallen below 6% for the first time in almost three months.
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
The Bank's action to tame inflation has been the primary cause of this year's house price slump due to the additional monthly costs that borrowers have been forced to swallow - on top of the wider cost of living crisis .
These additional costs are also being passed on by landlords in the rental market - also being propped up by a shortage of properties.
Nationwide chief economist Robert Gardner said of its findings: "This relatively subdued picture is not surprising given the more challenging picture for housing affordability.
"For example, someone earning an average income and purchasing the typical first-time buyer home with a 20% deposit would spend 38% of their take home pay on their monthly mortgage payment - well above the long-run average of 29%.
"However, investors have marked down their expectations for the future path of Bank rate in recent months amid signs that underlying inflation pressures in the UK economy are finally easing, and with labour market conditions softening.
"This in turn has put downward pressure on longer term interest rates which underpin fixed rate mortgage pricing.
Read more from business: Water firms seek £156 rise in annual bills Retail chiefs call for tougher action on theft and violence
"If sustained, this will ease some of the pressure on those remortgaging or looking to buy a home," he explained.
Jonathan Hopper, CEO of Garrington Property Finders, said of the Nationwide data: "This may be the first ray of sunshine in what has been a gloomy market for many months.
"The unravelling of the post-lockdown boom still has some way to run, but based on today's Nationwide data, there are tentative signs that the pace of price correction may be levelling out.
"If interest rates are near their peak, this may provide some much needed clarity and confidence back into the market."
Biden Administration Says Israelis Can Travel to U.S. Without a Visa
The U.S. allowed Israel into its visa-waiver program after a summer test run that gave U.S. citizens, including Palestinian Americans, visa-less entry into Israel.
- Share full article
By Edward Wong and Eileen Sullivan
Reporting from Washington
The Biden administration announced on Wednesday that it would allow Israeli citizens to enter the United States without a visa, a step toward improving relations between the two nations at a time when President Biden is engaged in complex diplomacy with Israel on a range of issues.
The move means Israel must take reciprocal actions toward American citizens, including Palestinian Americans who often face difficulties in traveling to Palestinian territories to see family members and friends.
Administration officials said the Homeland Security Department agreed to accept Israel into the U.S. government’s visa waiver program after monitoring a pilot effort since July, when the two countries signed a memorandum of understanding. Since July 20, Israel has allowed more than 100,000 U.S. citizens, including tens of thousands of Palestinian Americans, to enter Israel without a visa, the officials said.
Any U.S. citizen trying to visit the West Bank can now fly into Ben-Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv and travel to the Palestinian territory overland, the officials said. Previously, Israel forced many Palestinian Americans to go to Jordan first and then cross into the West Bank via the Allenby Bridge.
Washington is still working on some technical arrangements for Israeli citizens, who will be able to travel visa-free to the United States by Nov. 30, the administration officials said.
“This important achievement will enhance freedom of movement for U.S. citizens, including those living in the Palestinian Territories or traveling to and from them,” Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken said on Wednesday in a joint announcement with Alejandro N. Mayorkas, the secretary of homeland security.
Mr. Mayorkas said the entry of Israel into the program, which has been in the works for the past decade, would “enhance our two nations’ collaboration on counterterrorism, law enforcement and our other common priorities.”
Several prominent groups had objected to allowing Israel into the program until it could commit to treating Americans, including Palestinian Americans, equally. In a letter on Sept. 8 to Mr. Blinken , 15 Democratic senators expressed their concerns about the treatment of American travelers to the country based on their ethnicity and religion.
The announcement from the State and Homeland Security Departments said that Israel had met the various criteria of the agreement and that the U.S. government had determined, after careful monitoring, that the country had made sufficient changes “to extend reciprocal privileges to all U.S. citizens without regard to national origin, religion or ethnicity.” The two agencies also noted that Israel had meet a requirement that the rate of nonimmigrant visitor visa refusals were below 3 percent during the previous full fiscal year.
On Tuesday, the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee filed a lawsuit in Michigan seeking to stop the Biden administration from entering into the agreement. The group said that Palestinian Americans who have traveled to Israel during the pilot phase of the agreement had faced discrimination, including when they tried to cross checkpoints and rent cars.
With the addition of Israel, the U.S. government now has visa waiver agreements with 41 countries, mostly in Europe and Asia. However, border officers have the power to turn anyone away at the port of entry.
Administration officials said the program aids in security because countries are able to share information on travelers faster, including names on passenger lists.
Mr. Biden and his aides are juggling important diplomatic goals on Israel. They have pressed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on his proposed changes to the judiciary, which would curb checks on the prime minister’s office and, in the eyes of critics, move Israel away from democratic governing. Israeli citizens have protested the move for months.
The Biden administration is also pushing Mr. Netanyahu to rein in the anti-Palestinian actions and policies of his right-wing coalition government. At the same time, it is trying to get Saudi Arabia to normalize relations with Israel, which in part involves persuading Mr. Netanyahu to get his coalition to make concessions to the Palestinians.
The talks on the normalization issue so far have focused on Saudi Arabia’s demands of the United States and have not yet progressed to the point where American and Saudi officials have made specific demands of the Israelis on Palestinian rights.
Edward Wong is a diplomatic correspondent who has reported for The Times for more than 24 years from New York, Baghdad, Beijing and Washington. He was on a team of Pulitzer Prize finalists for Iraq War coverage. More about Edward Wong
Eileen Sullivan writes about the Department of Homeland Security with a focus on immigration and law enforcement. More about Eileen Sullivan