- Learning Resources
- For Teachers
40 ESL Essay Writing Topics + Prompts
By VIPKid | April 20, 2018
Ready to start teaching English online?
Writing ESL essay writing is hard for most students and many will struggle at first before learning to write well.
However, writing skills are a crucial part of learning a new language .
In this piece, we’ll share some ESL writing prompts and ESL essay topics for five different kinds of essays. They should help your students develop their grammar and vocabulary skills while teaching them how to write coherently.
(While they work for all kinds of students, we’ve found these topics are especially handy for teaching English to kids .)
Writing practice should never be boring! When you’re done this article, check out the 10 most engaging writing activities here .
Descriptive ESL Writing Topics
- Describe your favorite place in as much detail as possible.
- Describe your favorite fictional character in as much detail as possible.
- Describe a famous person – e.g. a singer or athlete – that you admire. Focus on both their appearance and personality traits.
- Describe a family member or your best friend as detailed as possible. Discuss how they look and their personality.
- Choose a hobby or favorite activity and describe why and how you do it.
- Describe your most memorable holiday or vacation spot in as much detail as possible.
- Describe a photo or work of art in as much detail as possible.
- Pick your favorite food . Describe what you taste, smell, and sense while eating or drinking it.
Earn up to $22 an Hour Teaching English from Home
Explanatory ESL Essay Topics
- Give directions for getting from one point to another . For example, how to get from your home to your school. Describe the landmarks someone might see along the way.
- Explain how to cook your favorite meal . Provide a recipe and the step-by-step instructions.
- Explain your favorite computer game . What should a player do to win? What are some playing tips?
- Explain what you would do if your friends show up at your house unexpectedly . Say how you would entertain them.
- Explain how to make a bed . This task is seemingly simple but allows you to write about everyday habits you might never think through in detail.
- Explain how to make a paper airplane . Again, this task has many precise, technical details that that should be included in the essay.
- Explain how to brush your teeth . Try to make your essay about a seemingly mundane task more interesting.
- Explain how to pack a suitcase when going on a holiday. List out all the objects and pieces of clothing you would bring.
ESL Essays Topics to Practice Verb Tenses
- Talk about a time in the past when you had to make a difficult decision . Explain what you did and why.
- Describe your dream place to live . Why would you want to live there? What would you do?
- Write about three specific goals you want to achieve this year. Explain how you are going to achieve them.
- Write about something you regret having done . Point out what could have happened if you had not made that decision.
- Describe the world 100 years from now . Describe how people live, and new inventions and also the things that will not change.
- Talk about your earliest memory . What happened? How well do you remember the events?
- Write a short essay about how you prepared for class . Now “translate” that essay into future tense. In other words, the essay should say how you plan to prepare for class.
Argumentative ESL Essay Topics
- Are smartphones good or bad? Give some arguments to support your position.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of public schools and private schools ?
- What is your favorite book or movie ? Convince others, through your essay, to read or watch it.
- Is it the case that the more people that have cars, the better? What are some advantages and disadvantages of public transit ?
- Should money be spent on space exploration ? Give arguments to support your opinion.
- You’re the mayor of your town or city. Explain in an essay your recent decision to ban smoking . Then, from another person’s perspective, write a letter to the mayor protesting this new law.
- Reading books vs. watching movies . Which do you prefer and why?
- What are the pros and cons of e-readers compared to paper books?
Hypothetical ESL Essay Topics
- What would you do if you were late for an important class?
- What would you do if your car got a flat tire on the highway?
- If you had the power to change one thing about your past, what would it be?
- If you had the power to alter one major historical event , what would it be?
- If you could take any superhero’s powers , who would be your choice?
- How would you feel if, one day, you woke up 300 years in the past ?
- What would you do if you won the lottery ? Would your life change day-to-day?
Some General ESL Essay Tips
When checking ESL essays, pay attention to the following key points:
- Grammar. The ESL essay should be grammatically correct.
- Vocabulary. The more new vocabulary the essay contains, the more points it will get.
- Text flow. The text of the essay should flow logically and naturally. Pay attention to the use of connecting words and phrases. These include first of all , secondly , moreover , in addition , besides , finally , on the one hand, on the other hand , and as a result .
- Sticking to the topic. Some essay writers tend to deviate from ESL essay topics. However, a perfect ESL essay should stay as close to the point as possible.
A good essay typically has the following parts:
- An introduction . Here, the author gives some general information about the topic or lays out their argument. An effective intro entices readers to read further.
- The body . In an argumentative essay, the body could be 2 to 3 paragraphs. Each should introduce their arguments and support them with examples. In other types of essays, the content may vary. For example, the body may include descriptions, explanations, or personal stories.
- Conclusion . The author should logically conclude or summarize their thoughts and arguments.
How Do You Teach Writing?
It doesn’t matter if you teach English online or if you’re a classroom teacher, we want to know about your teaching styles. Do you use writing prompts, games and activities, or something else entirely?
Earn $15-22 an hour Teaching English from Home
Share This Story
Tips to Help Increase Your VIPKid Class Bookings
If you're looking to increase your class bookings with VIPKid, look no further! We have 6 tips to help get you more classes.
June 10, 2021
How to Prepare for Your VIPKid Interview: 18 Dos and Don’ts
Finally, a play-by-play on How to Prepare for Your VIPKid Interview. We’ve broken down 18 Dos and Don’ts for the hiring process, what to expect, and how to Wow the interviewers!
May 13, 2021
How to Improve Reading Comprehension When Teaching English
VIPKid Teacher Nichole, a reading specialist with more than 20 years of teaching experience discusses her tips Improve Reading Comprehension.
May 4, 2021
- Order Proofreading Order Resume Writing Additional services for: Academics Authors Businesses
- Get Proofreading
- All Services
- Free Samples
From the team that provides tutoring , proofreading , and resume writing to ESL learners.
22 Engaging ESL Essay Topics You Can Use to Improve Your Writing Skills
The only way to get better at anything is to do it—over and over again. In addition to practicing your English conversational skills, you should also practice your writing skills on a regular basis.
Here are twenty-two potential essay topics to get you started, but don’t be afraid to branch out and come up with your own topics, as well.
- Describe your favorite place in as much detail as possible.
- What do you do outside of school and work? Describe any hobbies you have, sports you participate in, or other activities you regularly enjoy.
- If you could invite five people to a dinner party, who would they be? What is each guest like?
- Describe your favorite fictional character in as much detail as possible.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Describe it and explain why you’d choose it.
- Give directions for getting from one point to another. Explain what landmarks someone might see along the way.
- Explain how to entertain guests who unexpectedly arrive at your home.
Verb tense practice
- What’s one thing you could never live without and why?
- Describe your ideal town or city, why you would want to live there, and what you would do there.
- Write about a time in the past when you had to make a difficult decision, and explain what you did.
- Talk about five specific goals you want to accomplish this year, and explain how you are going to accomplish them.
- Imagine you’re babysitting a child who breaks the kitchen table. Explain to the child how they could have avoided doing this if they had behaved differently.
Practical vocabulary practice
- Write a review of a new restaurant (either fictional or real) in your area.
- Describe the best party or large-scale event you’ve ever attended.
- If you could get one gift for everyone in your family, regardless of the cost, what would you get them and why?
- Choose a form of transportation (such as cars, trains, boats, planes, or subways) and explain how it has changed people’s lives.
- Write a pitch for a new blockbuster movie. Explain what will happen in the movie and why it will draw crowds to the theater.
Persuasive writing practice
- Do you think our society is too dependent on technology like smartphones? Why or why not?
- Imagine that a big new department store is being built in your hometown. Do you support this development or not?
- Do you think it’s better for students to have a long summer break or be in a year-round school system with more breaks throughout the year? Explain your position.
- Should employers set aside time during the day for their employees to exercise? What might be some of the advantages or disadvantages of this?
- What is your favorite book or movie, and why should people read or watch it?
What are some great ESL essay topics you've encountered? Let us know in the comments.
- ← Next Post Previous Post →
Comments on this post (6 comments)
Eliakim balle says....
Here’s a topic:
write about what your ideal weekend would look like if you could do anything you want.
On April 01, 2019
Ndate Thabo says...
¨Write about when u took the risk to do the right thing.¨ Good prompt . . and something to live by.
El sari says...
Interesting question Jessica …according to me to find someone to teach you and guide you better than trying thanks by your own ..
On March 11, 2016
Jessica Bordelon says...
What is the best way to learn: by experiencing something on your own, or from someone explaining it to you? What brings the most happiness: buying things or having experiences?
On March 03, 2016
Bindi kanyal says...
On December 08, 2015
Write about when u took the risk to do the right thing
On December 05, 2014
Leave a comment
Made in the USA (we edit US , UK , Australian , and Canadian English). © 2023 ProofreadingServices.com, LLC | Terms | Privacy | Accessibility
- Subscribe for Discounts and Tips
Please choose your service:
Proofreading and editing.
GET A QUOTE
Publishing and marketing for authors, resumes, cvs, and cover letters, ghostwriting books, please select from the options below:, memoir ghostwriting, ghostwriting for ceos.
back to the other services
20 English Essay Topics/Questions | B2 First (FCE)
The language of an English essay should be formal . Also, make sure that you justify all your ideas and that you use appropriate connectors to link your sentences and paragraphs .
How to write B2 First (FCE) essay?
Ad: When writing a professional essay, you can choose a professional essay writing service for your instant success.
B2 First (FCE) Essay: Example Topics / Questions
Below is a sample list of academic essay writing topics/tasks for B2-level (intermediate) students. You can use them to practice writing English essays or to prepare for the Cambridge B2 First (FCE) exam
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 1 | First (FCE)
You have watched a documentary about young children in poor areas who leave school to work. Your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Write an essay using all the notes and give reasons for your point of view.
Teenagers are dropping out of school to find a job. How can we help them to continue their education?
- family problems
- financial difficulties
- …………… (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 2 | First (FCE)
In your social studies course, you have watched a documentary on the potential effects of too much pollution on the air quality of city centres. Your professor has assigned you an essay to write.
Keeping the air quality in city centres at healthy levels for their residents is a concern for many places. How can we solve the problem of pollution in city centres?
- ……………… (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 3 | First (FCE)
In your education class, you have listened to a lecture on the importance of teaching foreign languages in school. Your teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Learning a foreign language helps students develop a set of important skills. Why should foreign languages be taught in schools?
- new cultures
- …………. (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 4 | First (FCE)
You have listened to a radio programme about the problem of widespread starvation in many parts of Africa. Your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
In many parts of Africa, people are dying of starvation and lack of freshwater. Can these problems be solved?
- lack of organised farming
- …….. …….. (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 5 | First (FCE)
You have watched a video on a non-profit organisation working to stop the use of animals for testing medicines used by human beings. Now, your professor has asked you to write an essay.
Testing on animals is a standard in scientific research. What is the best way to deal with this problem?
- animals suffer
- outdated form of research
- …… …….. (your own idea)
Get Your (FCE) Essay Checked!
B2 - essay topic / question 6 | first (fce).
You have listened to a radio programme about deforestation, the cutting down of trees in many wild areas around the world. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Many forests around the world are being destroyed for agricultural, commercial, or housing use without allowing time for the forests to regenerate themselves. What can be done to improve the situation?
- what contributes to the greenhouse effect
- ………. (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 7 | First (FCE)
In your English class, you have been talking about endangered species, animals or plants that will likely become extinct. Your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Around the world, many wildlife species are in danger of extinction. How can we protect endangered animals?
- hunting wild animals
- ……….. (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 8 | First (FCE)
You have watched a Youtube video about the problem of computer game addiction in children. Your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
More and more young people spend most of their time playing computer games. How can we help children to overcome this addiction?
- bad grades at school
- no social life
- ………… (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 9 | First (FCE)
You have listened to a radio programme about the impact of smoking on people’s health. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Smoking is responsible for many health problems throughout the world. Do you think it should be made illegal?
- lung cancer
- passive smoking
- ……………… (your own idea)
FCE, CAE, CPE
More than practice tests, b2 - essay topic / question 10 | first (fce).
In your English class, you have been talking about the problem of obesity in young people. Now your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
In Europe and the USA a lot of young people have an obesity problem. What can be done to solve this problem?
- (your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 11 | First (FCE)
Has technology made a positive contribution to sport today?
- The use of technology to improve performance
- The use of technology in refereeing decisions
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 12 | First (FCE)
It is better to work at home than in an office. Do you agree?
- Contact with people
- Working hours
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 13 | First (FCE)
Life is harder for young people now than in the past. Do you agree?
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 14 | First (FCE)
Is it better to go shopping in small local businesses or large out-of-town shopping centres?
- Where things are cheaper
- Where service is better
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 15 | First (FCE)
Is it better to spend a summer holiday in the countryside or on the coast?
- Leisure options
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 16 | First (FCE)
Your teacher has asked you to write your response to the following statement taken from a recent newspaper article:
Do you agree that community service works better than fines?
- effort and time
- lesson learned
- ………………(your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 17 | First (FCE)
Is it true that we help the environment when we plant a tree?
- clear the air
- ………….( your own idea)
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 18 | First (FCE)
Nowadays children are suffering from obesity, that was once considered to be meant for adults only. What are its causes and what solutions can be offered?
- busy lifestyle
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 19 | First (FCE)
Is it better to be the oldest or the youngest in a family?
- role of older sibling
B2 - Essay Topic / Question 20 | First (FCE)
Modern lifestyles can seriously endanger our health.
Do you agree?
- physical activity
- …….. (your own choice)
B2 First (FCE) Essay: Download (PDF)
Download B2 First (FCE) Essay: Topics (PDF)
Practice Tests Online
B2 first (fce) essay: assessement criteria.
Your essay will be assessed according to these four criteria:
Would you pass B2 First (FCE)?
- Cookies Policy
- Web Development
Essay Topics – List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
Essay topics in English can be difficult to come up with. While writing essays , many college and high school students face writer’s block and have a hard time to think about topics and ideas for an essay. In this article, we will list out many good essay topics from different categories like argumentative essays, essays on technology, environment essays for students from 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grades. Following list of essay topics are for all – from kids to college students. We have the largest collection of essays. An essay is nothing but a piece of content which is written from the perception of writer or author. Essays are similar to a story, pamphlet, thesis, etc. The best thing about Essay is you can use any type of language – formal or informal. It can biography, the autobiography of anyone. Following is a great list of 100 essay topics. We will be adding 400 more soon!
But Before that you may wanna read some awesome Essay Writing Tips here .
Get the Huge list of 100+ Speech Topics here
Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should plastic be banned?
- Pollution due to Urbanization
- Education should be free
- Should Students get limited access to the Internet?
- Selling Tobacco should be banned
- Smoking in public places should be banned
- Facebook should be banned
- Students should not be allowed to play PUBG
Essay Topics on Technology
- Wonder Of Science
- Mobile Phone
Essay Topics on Festivals on Events
- Independence Day (15 August)
- Teachers Day
- Summer Vacation
- Children’s Day
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Republic Day
Essay Topics on Education
- Education Essay
- Importance of Education
- Contribution of Technology in Education
Essay Topics on Famous Leaders
- Mahatma Gandhi
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Swami Vivekananda
- Mother Teresa
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Abraham Lincoln
- Martin Luther King
- Lal Bahadur Shashtri
Essay Topics on Animals and Birds
- My Favorite Animal
Essays Topics About Yourself
- My Best Friend
- My Favourite Teacher
- My Aim In Life
- My Favourite Game – Badminton
- My Favourite Game – Essay
- My Favourite Book
- My Ambition
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- India of My Dreams
- My School Life
- I Love My Family
- My Favourite Subject
- My Favourite Game Badminton
- My Father My Hero
- My School Library
- My Favourite Author
- My plans for summer vacation
Essay Topics Based on Environment and Nature
- Global Warming
- Air Pollution
- Environmental Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Rainy Season
- Climate Change
- Importance Of Trees
- Winter Season
- Natural Disasters
- Save Environment
- Summer Season
- Trees Our Best Friend Essay In English
Essay Topics Based on Proverbs
- Health Is Wealth
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
- An Apple a Day Keeps Doctor Away
- Where there is a will, there is way
- Time and Tide wait for none
Toppr provides free study materials like NCERT Solutions for Students, Previous 10 Years of Question Papers, 1000+ hours of video lectures for free. Download Toppr app for Android and iOS or signup for free.
Essay Topics for Students from 6th, 7th, 8th Grade
- Noise Pollution
- Environment Pollution
- Women Empowerment
- Time and Tide Wait for none
- Science and Technology
- Importance of Sports
- Sports and Games
- Time Management
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness
- Rome was not Built in a Day
- Clean India
- Cow Essay In English
- Describe Yourself
- Festivals Of India
- Ganesh Chaturthi
- Healthy Food
- Importance Of Water
- Plastic Pollution
- Value of Time
- Honesty is the Best Policy
- Gandhi Jayanti
- Human Rights
- Knowledge Is Power
- Same Sex Marriage
- Childhood Memories
- Cyber Crime
- Kalpana Chawla
- Rani Lakshmi Bai
- Spring Season
- Unity In Diversity
- Artificial Intelligence
- Online Shopping
- Indian Culture
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Indian Education System
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Issues
- Freedom Fighters
- Save Fuel For Better Environment
- Importance Of Newspaper
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Raksha Bandhan
- World Environment Day
- Narendra Modi
- What Is Religion
- Charity Begins at Home
- A Journey by Train
- Ideal student
- Save Water Save Earth
- Indian Farmer
- Safety of Women in India
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Capital Punishment
- College Life
- Natural Resources
- Peer Pressure
- Nature Vs Nurture
- Romeo And Juliet
- Generation Gap
- Makar Sankranti
- Constitution of India
- Girl Education
- Importance of Family
- Importance of Independence Day
- Brain Drain
- A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed
- Action Speaks Louder Than Words
- All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Bhagat Singh
- Importance of Discipline
- Population Explosion
- Poverty in India
- Uses Of Mobile Phones
- Water Scarcity
- Train Journey
- Land Pollution
- Environment Protection
- Indian Army
- Uses of Internet
- All that Glitters is not Gold
- Balanced Diet
- Blood Donation
- Digital India
- Dussehra Essay
- Energy Conservation
- National Integration
- Railway Station
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Health And Hygiene
- Importance Of Forest
- Indira Gandhi
- Laughter Is The Best Medicine
- Career Goals
- Mental Health
- Save Water Save Life
- International Yoga Day
- Winter Vacation
- Soil Pollution
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining
- Indian Culture And Tradition
- Unity Is Strength
- Unity is Diversity
- Wildlife Conservation
- Cruelty To Animals
- Nelson Mandela
- Of Mice And Men
- Organ Donation
- Life in a Big City
- Democracy in India
- Waste Management
- Female Foeticide
- Harmful Effects Of Junk Food
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Save Electricity
- Social Media
- Social Networking Sites
- Sound Pollution
- Life in an Indian Village
- Life in Big City
- Population Growth
- World Population Day
- Greenhouse Effect
- Statue of Unity
- Traffic Jam
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Importance of Good Manners
- Good Manners
- Cyber Security
- Green Revolution
- Health And Fitness
- Incredible India
- Make In India
- Surgical Strike
- Triple Talaq
- A Good Friend
- Importance of Friends in our Life
- Should Plastic be Banned
- Traffic Rules
- Effects of Global Warming
- Fundamental Rights
- Solar System
- National Constitution Day
- Good Mother
- Importance of Trees in our Life
- City Life Vs Village Life
- Importance of Communication
- Conservation of Nature
- Man vs. Machine
- Indian Economy
- Mothers Love
- Importance of National Integration
- Black Money
- Greenhouse effect
- Self Discipline
- Global Terrorism
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Newspaper and Its Uses
- World Health Day
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- A Picnic with Family
- Indian Heritage
- Status of Women in India
- Child is Father of the Man
- Reading is Good Habit
- Plastic Bag
- Terrorism in India
- Library and Its Uses
- Life on Mars
- Pollution Due to Diwali
- National Flag of India
- Vocational Education
- Importance of Tree Plantation
- Summer Camp
- Vehicle Pollution
- Women Education in India
- Seasons in India
- Freedom of the Press
- Caste System
- Environment and Human Health
- Mountain Climbing
- Depletion of Natural Resources
- Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
- Health Education
- Effects of Deforestation
- Life after School
- Starvation in India
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- Impact of Privatization
- Election Commission of India
- Election and Democracy
- Prevention of Global Warming
- Impact of Cinema in Life
- Subhas Chandra Bose
- Dowry System
- Ganesh Chaturthi Festival
- Role of Science in Making India
- Impact of Global Warming on Oceans
- Pollution due to Festivals
- Ambedkar Jayanti
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Family Planning in India
- Democracy vs Dictatorship
- National Festivals of India
- Sri Aurobindo
- Casteism in India
- Organ trafficking
- Consequences of Global Warming
- Role of Human Activities in Global Warming
- Issues and Problems faced by Women in India
- Role of Judiciary in the Country Today
- Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- PUBG Mobile Game Addiction
- Role of Youths in Nation Building
- Value of Oxygen and Water in Life/Earth
- Farmer Suicides in India
- Start-up India
- Pollution Due to Firecrackers
- Life of Soldiers
- Child Labour
- Save Girl Child
- Morning Walk
- My School Fete
- Essay on Financial Literacy
- Essay On Sustainable Development
- Essay On Punjab
- Essay On Travel
- My Home Essay
- Child Marriage Essay
- Importance Of English Language Essay
- Essay On Mass Media
- Essay On Horse
- Essay On Police
- Essay On Eid
- Essay On Solar Energy
- Animal Essay
- Essay On Mango
- Gender Discrimination Essay
- Essay On Advertisement
- My First Day At School Essay
- My Neighborhood Essay
- True Friendship Essay
- Work Is Worship Essay
- Essay On Self Confidence
- Essay On Superstition
- Essay On Bangalore
- Sex Vs Gender Essay
- Essay On Social Issues
- Time Is Money Essay
- Essay About Grandmothers
- Essay On Hard Work
- First Day Of School Essay
- Flowers Essay
- My Favorite Food Essay
- Essay on Birds
- Essay on Humanity
- Essay on Sun
- Essay on Kargil War
- Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining Essay
- Francis Bacon Essays
- Importance of Cleanliness Essay
- My Sister Essay
- Self Introduction Essay
- Solar Energy Essay
- Sports Day Essa
- Value Of Education Essay
- Essay On Isro
- Essay On Balance Is Beneficial
- Essay On Reservation In India
- Essay On Water Management
- Essay On Smoking
- Essay On Stress Management
- Essay On William Shakespeare
- Essay on Apple
- Essay On Albert Einstein
- Essay On Feminism
- Essay On Kindness
- Essay On Domestic Violence
- Essay on English as a Global Language
- Essay On Co-Education
- Importance Of Exercise Essay
- Overpopulation Essay
- Smartphone Essay
- Essay on River
- Essay on Cyclone
- Essay On Facebook
- Essay On Science In Everyday Life
- Essay On Women Rights
- Essay On Right To Education
- Essay on Quotes
- Essay On Peace
- Essay On Drawing
- Essay On Bicycle
- Essay On Sexual Harassment
- Essay On Hospital
- Essay On Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Essay On Golden Temple
- Essay On Art
- Essay On Ruskin Bond
- Essay On Moon
- Birthday Essay
- Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover Essay
- Draught Essay
- Gratitude Essay
- Indian Politics Essay
- Who am I Essay
- Essay on Positive Thinking
- Essay on Dance
- Essay on Navratri
- Essay on Onam
- Essay on New Education Policy 2020
- Esasy on Thank you Coronavirus Helpers
- Essay on Coronavirus and Coronavirus Symptoms
- Essay on Baseball
- Essay on coronavirus vaccine
- Fitness beats pandemic essay
- Essay on coronavirus tips
- Essay on coronavirus prevention
- Essay on coronavirus treatment
- Essay on essay on trees
- Essay on television
- Gender inequality essay
- Water conservation essay
- Essay on Gurpurab
- Essay on Types of sports
- Essay on road safety
- Essay on my favourite season
- My pet essay
- Student life essay
- Essay on Railway station
- Essay on earth
- Essay on knowledge is power
- Essay on favourite personality
- Essay on memorable day of my life
- My parents essay
- Our country essay
- Picnic essay
- Travelling essay
- Letter Writing
- It So Happened Summary
- Honey Dew Chapter Summaries
- The Alien Hand
- Malu Bhalu Summary
- Sing a Song of People Summary
- The Little Bully Summary
- Nobody’s Friend Summary
- Class Discussion Summary
- Crying Summary in English
Which class are you in?
Download the App
An opinion essay
Learn how to write an opinion essay.
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
Information will soon be so easy to find on the internet that people will not need to remember anything. Do you agree?
Nowadays all the information we could ever need is available online and some people say that means the end of having to learn anything.
It is true that these days everything you want to know is a few clicks away as long as you have internet access. However, not everyone has working internet all the time, for example in certain buildings or remote locations, so we do need to be able to remember information. Moreover, it takes time to look up everything you need to know online, whereas remembering something is immediate. The human memory is a much more efficient system.
Another problem is the quality of the information online. How do we know if it is accurate or reliable? We need to think about other facts we know and remember how to compare information from different websites. Knowing (and remembering) how to find certain information will be more important than knowing the information itself.
Finally, the internet is a good tool but it is not a useful replacement for our brains. If we did not remember anything, we would all spend even more time on our phones and computers than we already do, which is not good for society.
In conclusion, the internet offers us many things but it is still important to use our knowledge and memories. We need our memories to function without the internet and we also need to know how to use the internet properly.
- Read the question carefully. Respond to all ideas in it or all parts of it.
- Plan your ideas first and then choose the best ones.
- Introduce your essay by restating the question in your own words.
- Show understanding of both sides of the argument.
- Use linking words to connect your ideas.
- Draw your conclusion from the main ideas in your essay. Don't introduce new ideas at the end.
What do you think about the question? Would it be better or worse if we never learned anything and just used the internet instead?
I think the use of the internet is not only in conflict with learning, but It has made the speed of learning faster and more comfortable.
On the one hand, With the advent of the internet and access to data whenever we want, we were able to free our minds from memorizing a lot of unnecessary data. It caused that instead of spending our time to remember the formulas and data, we use our time for a deeper understanding of the concepts. Concentration on understanding was a big step in order to make us more clear about how to apply scientific concepts practically, and It made the evolutionary process of turning scientific concepts into experimental tests go faster. Going through this evolutionary process quickly, in turn, caused, firstly, the faster growth of modern technologies and, secondly, the creation of many new data, concepts, and sciences. And now the data volume is so much that not only you can never remember or learn them, but you have to choose the best one that works for you. Somehow, the internet has changed how to learn. It has focused on analyzing the options and choosing the best one to learn Instead of memorizing a bunch of content.
On the other hand, Theoretically speaking, One of the laws In the world is that everything can be useful or harmful in turn. This law also applies to the internet. In fact, how to use the internet determines whether it is useful or harmful. Like many other tools that have been invented such as smartphones, smartwatches, electric cars, and so on we have spent time learning how to use them. In order to get the best out of the internet and don't waste our time, we must take the time to learn how to search. The searching skill is the most important one that helps us find better results.
In conclusion, Given the two analyzed reasons above, I agree with the idea that easy access to Information makes people get rid of memorizing lots of data. But this has nothing to do with the quality or quantity of learning.
- Log in or register to post comments
I think it depends on the type of information. Some information are easier to remember, and hence it's more efficient to have them in memory instead of looking for them online. However, some complex information is offered online, and it will be impractical if we tried to remember it. Additionally, I believe that learning is not just about acquiring knowledge. It's about learning how to think with this knowledge available and solve problems efficiently. That's why the internet is considered a valuable tool to promote learning, not to replace it.
Nowadays we are witnesses how far technology has developed in a short time. A huge of information is backing up on internet and if you have access of surfing you can find any information that you are looking for. However, there are some relevant aspects that should be taking into account when we are talking about using always internet instead of learning. In this sense, the purpose of this essay will be to explain why it is not a good idea. Firstly, as you know, most of the information on internet is fake. For that reason, it is impossible the learning process can be replaced by internet use. If you are looking for reliable information you have to learn how it works. In other words you need of learning even if you want to use internet all the time because you have to discern what of all information is useful for you purpose. For example, if you are a student and want to write an essay about a specific topic you likely have to search for the best information if you want to get a job position or scholarship. Secondly, there is a high demand for professionals who have specific skills in the field that they are pretending to be involved. That’s why learning always is a must for satisfying the requirements of companies and institutions. For instance, in the education field, the main aim is the learning and knowledge which are essential on a daily life to be an expert in your field of action and these skills can’t be acquired through internet surfing. To sum up learning and knowledge are fundamentals in a current world that is demanding professionals highly qualified even in our daily live and the internet is far away of satisfying the required skills that you get every day through the practice, research and networking.
I think it become worse and dangerous for our society, we need to control it making rules. Without internet, many skills and knowledge could´nt be used.
I believe that, The internet become even more dangerous for young people who barely discovered the world around them, If they count on it for seeking information without parental supervision, it would be a disaster!
In nowadays,there are many ways to reach information.The Internet is just one of them but maybe most promising one.The Internet helps us to find information easily and efficently.
However there are some negative sides of Internet.For instance realibilty of information.There are no real control on Internet.I reckon there will not be soon.This reduces the trust in internet.This is why People will always need another source to be make sure and need to remember information.
It is also necesseray for objectivity. You can not just have one source and expect true and impartial information. It is against nature of science.This is not how science works.People must have and process the information.In this way we expand our knowledge.When we make brainstorm we always end up with another information. If we don’t have and process the information how Science works?
I suppose in the future People will never trust completely to Internet. They will always need another source and they will need to interrogate source of information.In conclusion Internet is by far most promising invention People have ever invented.However Internet is not beyond our brain and imagination.We will always need to posses and process the information.
It is about my hometown: My hometown is a beautiful, attractive and cool. N'beika is one of the most famous places in Mauritania where attractive views and economic capacities are in. It is located in Tagant which is in middle of the map. Therefore, It is one the biggest cities in the country. As there are interesting geographical features such as: high Mountains, nice valleys, light hills and wonderful pools. Historically, N'beika played an important role in culture, trade exchange and fighting colonialist. Also it has saved historical landmarks, for example: manuscripts, books and cities which the most important is Gasr Albarka. In the north, there have tourist views and in the East big mountains with lovely valleys like Matmata where there are some Alligators in and other attractive animals. As well as from the south and the west there are some fields, forests and farms. Moreover, people are interested in agriculture, trade, development and education. Furthermore, there are many schools and Mahidras and three colleges providing well-deserved education to students. What's more, mall shops is offering demands and created jobs for unemployment. There are different favourite for people , some of them are crazy about football as youth, and some people like doing agriculture and development. Moreover, there are entrepreneurs doing a small business like selling clothes, pitch, barbershop... etc. In conclusion, N'beika is a gift of Allah that has given to people to spend nice moments in order to feel happy and to invest for everything we want due to gain lots of money .
I believe it is amazing updated technology which has helped us a lot in our lives. In todays era everyone has access to internet over the globe. you can easily find all the information on internet that is required to you. Even though learn many new skills which aren't even taught you from the help of internet. it is good help for book writer like us where we can be part of book writing communities or book writing resources to enhance our skills and provides more guidance to others.
It would be unfortunate if we never learned anything at all. It is true that the Internet has become such a vital part of our social lives, and has made information accessible. However, Relying on the Internet all the time may hinders our growth as a person whereas, using our memory to remember things and recalled information can widen our horizons, broaden our perspective and harness our skills. Learning is a lifelong process that enables us to function effectively and brings out our full potentials.
Without learning the internet would not exit. There needs to be learning to develop skills and knowledge.
Group and one-to-one classes with expert teachers.
Learn English in your own time, at your own pace.
One-to-one sessions focused on a personal plan.
Get the score you need with private and group classes.