1001 Writing Prompts About Summer Vacation
March 23, 2021
Commaful is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect who we choose to review or what we recommend. Learn more
Summer vacations play a significant role in literature, particularly in young adult fiction. This is because it symbolizes youth and freedom, as most school-aged characters are out of school and free to do anything they want during this time of the year.
One of the most notable stories about summer vacation is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares—a series that tells the story of four young girls who acquire a pair of jeans that fit all of them perfectly even though they have different body shapes and sizes, during the most important summer vacations of their lives. Another is Second Chance Summer—a novel that follows a girl named Taylor Edwards as she and her family return to their old lake house after her father receives terrible news.
If you want to create your own novel or short story about summer vacations, here are interesting writing prompts for you to try:
- It’s summer vacation and you decide to go on a family trip to the zoo.
- Write about something you did on summer vacation that you wish you had not done.
- Write this scene as a missing child report from police.
- Write about summer vacation.
- Prepare the best summer family vacation you can
- Write about the extremes of summer vacation.
- You and your family move and end up living by the beach for the summer.
- Everybody you know moved away, so you get a roommate for free during the summer vacation.
- Write about an old man who has a tough summer vacation.
- Write a letter you sent to a friend on summer vacation.
- You have been cursed to spend the rest of your life on summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation and all you want to do is sleep.
- Your family spends a lot of time in nature camping. You go on the worst camping trip ever.
- One year at summer vacation, you forgot to go on vacation but somehow have slipped back in time.
- Write about a time when school got cancelled for some reason.
- People have traveled to your town during summer vacation and ruined something special. Write about what that something special was.
- You are on a small, tropical island off the coast of Hawaii with a small group of people and one of them has gone missing.
- You are at summer camp and all the kids in your cabin play pranks, whatever they can think of.
- Describe your first real summer job.
- Your family moves to a new town during summer vacation. At the end of the first day, you actually make a friend. Write about the ways that friendship progresses over the course of the summer.
- It’s summer vacation. Write a poem about it.
- Write a scene with three of your favorite weather elements.
- Write about what a terrible day it’s turning out to be.
- You’re out camping with your family or friends. Something goes terribly wrong.
- Your family is taking a trip on a pirate ship. Write about it.
- Spending summer with . . .
- Write about a problem you face that you would rather forget about.
- Write about the worst summer vacation experience.
- You have a week-long vacation at a beach house. What happens at the beach house?
- Unlikely friendship carried out during a summer vacation.
- It is the summer of hot fudge sundaes, right down the street from you. Write about this.
- Harry and Lloyd take the girls on a road trip.
- The first day of summer vacation is the best.
- Write about your favorite summer activity.
- Summer vacation is boring until something exciting happens to you.
- Write about your dream summer vacation.
- You move from a city to the country and realize that insects can now get to you.
- You have been banned from summer vacation because of a prank. Write about how you are coping.
- Write about being bitten by a dog.
- Make a list of the summer things you do or want to do.
- Write about your least favorite summer vacation.
- Write about the summer vacation you thought you would take. Things kept getting in the way. Now it’s next summer and it’s too late.
- Write about an awkward moment you had while on summer vacation.
- Write about a vacation disaster.
- Write about your last summer vacation.
- The next president’s vacation has to be written about. The writer must choose the setting and make the writer feel like they are there.
- Write about some childhood summer vacations you remember.
- Your family hired an outdated watchdog named “Fido” for security.
- Later in the summer you notice your eye’s iris is turning a brilliant shade of green.
- Write about the time you spent in summer school.
- Use at least three of the quotes in this article.
- The summer vacation turns ugly when you are split apart from your friends. You decide to go on a journey to find them again.
- Write from the perspective of an odd family tradition. They roll up the carpets during the summer and unplug all electronics so they won’t overheat.
- Write about the time you did stand up at camp.
- Summer vacation is the best season of the year. Bartender, I’ll have you know how school for adults does summer vacation!
- It is summer vacation and two families are at a beach house in North Carolina.
- It is summer vacation and you just started a new diet. What are your temptations?
- You are stuck in an airport during a thunderstorm and you don’t know if you’re going to get to your flight or if your flight is going to take off.
- Write about the most boring summer vacation.
- Write about walking through the streets during a summer heat wave.
- It’s summer vacation and the school has left you behind. You have no friends and nowhere to go. What do you do?
- Someone you know is accused of doing something bad. You have to help them clear their name.
- A parent is on a summer vacation and is trying their best to stay in touch with their loved ones everyday while being gone.
- Summer break comes and you realize you have to find a summer job.
- Summer vacation is the perfect time to start a new hobby. Write about it.
- Your wife leaves you on the weekend of your anniversary during a heat wave. How do you survive it?
- Stuck home alone and bored during vacation.
- Describe your house on vacation.
- Write about a character who goes on vacation to a tropical island.
- It is the first day of summer vacation and one month until school starts. Write about how you’re feeling.
- Write about something you want to do at some point during summer vacation Write about how you spent summer vacation. Write about what you want to spend your summer vacation doing.
- It’s the first day of summer vacation and you aren’t looking forward to being awake for most of the day with nothing to do.
- It is summer vacation and a tropical storm is moving in.
- Attention everyone! We need more summer-themed stories.
- Write about what it was like when you were ten and moving into high school.
- It is the first day of school. Each student has to tell why their summer was the best.
- Write about the summer vacation the world wishes it could see.
- It’s summer vacation and you’re staying at your family house.
- It’s the middle of summer vacation and your dog dies.
- Summer has been going so fast you did not write down your employment details. You will get caught in a web of lies.
- Middle school kids get summer vacation and senior prom mixed up. Include at least two go-to vacation foods.
- Write about what happens on the first day of summer vacation.
- Write about a comforting room in a summer house.
- It is summer and one of the meteorologists from the local television station announces that the end of the world is coming.
- Your best friend is leaving for a different continent the next day for vacation. For everyone who has a flight and misses their best friend, next summer is going to be more difficult.
- Write about the worst summer vacation disaster.
- You just returned from the coolest trip of the summer.
- Your family has a problem with your summer vacation.
- Write about a bad or horrible summer vacation you had.
- Write about the day before summer vacation.
- Your party boat is coming in for landing.
- Write a one shot about a summer romance.
- Summer vacation is over and you have to prepare for a big test.
- Write about a summer vacation that never happened and the adventures you were going to have.
- Write about your family at the beginning of summer.
- Dreams of summer vacation
- Write about the first time you went on a family vacation.
- Write about a vacation you took without parents or guardians.
- Set a contemporary story in summer time.
- It is a day after your art camp and you’re reflecting on what happened.
- You’ve been invited to be a resident P.I. intern.
- The McAfee St. Louis Family Reunion is coming up and everyone will be there. Except your grandmother.
- During summer, everyone wants a tan. Write about your tanning experience.
- What would you do if your parents won the lottery?
- Describe a summer vacation memory from your childhood.
- The swimming pool in your backyard has a creature living beneath it. Write about what keeps you from telling anyone else.
- Write about what you did last summer… or maybe that’s a secret you’d rather keep…
- Write about a road trip.
- Your father is a famous musician and your family is superstar famous. He always gets to do whatever he wants. Your mom is always busy with her job. How do you stand out of the crowd as an Average Joe?
- You’re out somewhere late at night, when you run into something unexpected.
- Someone writes on your back and you have to rearrange the words to get the story.
- Write about how you plan your day so that you can spend every moment outside.
- Your entire family just got in a car accident and you were the only survivor. You had to stay in the hospital for the summer and now you have to write about it.
- It’s summer vacation and it just happens to be during monsoon season.
- Write about a summer vacation experience.
- A unique summer camp experience.
- Traveling Out of Town for the Summer 1) Write about the time you had to leave town for the summer. It can involve family, friends, pets, or be set anywhere in the world.
- Write about your exciting summer vacation.
- It is July 30th and you’re ready to head back to school.
- It’s summer vacation, time to go exploring!
- What are you going to do for summer vacation?
- Write a story about an unexpected road trip you took with your family.
- It’s your first summer vacation trip and you want it to be special.
- Write about the biggest decision you made during summer vacation.
- Write about when vacation is canceled due to someone’s job loss.
- Write about christmas vacation.
- The hottest day of the year happened in the worst week of vacation. Rules are you’re going to be home the entire time, there’s nothing to do, you’ve already been swimming and working out, and it’s still hot.
- It is time for summer vacation and you get to decide where you want to go. However, you aren’t exactly getting along with one of your family members and it is affecting your ability to travel.
- Write about swimming at the pool.
- Write about the worst family car trip ever.
- It’s summer vacation and you’re listening to your favorite song.
- How does the heat affect your vacation?
- Write a scene or a paper about your ideal summer vacation.
- It is summer vacation in northern Minnesota. It is too cold
- Write about a fight between parents during summer vacation.
- The perfect day to spend at the beach, but, all your friends are grounded.
- Make a list of 25 things you want to do on your summer vacation.
- A teacher writes a letter to a former student that she hopes will change her and her family’s lives forever.
- You are working hard in summer school to graduate early so you can get to vacation.
- Write about what your favorite summer vacation was or what you want your summer vacation to be.
- Write about a time you thought you got away with something, but later got discovered and were punished for it.
- You and a friend are house sitting at a cottage for the summer.
- You are working the 6 a.m. shift at a newspaper and find out a secret your town will never be the same.
- In this world of technology and gadgets, you’re on summer vacation without any of that.
- Write about the highlight of your summer vacation.
- It’s the end of summer, you’ve enjoyed yourself, but soon school will be here. Write about any thoughts you have of the end of summer.
- You have the opportunity to take a special trip for summer vacation. Where do you go and why?
- Write about a day at the beach.
- One day it’s summer and the next it’s winter.
- Write about a time your plans for the summer vacation were not what you expected.
- A bad storm has just come through and turned your house upside down.
- It is summer vacation time and you get to see your favorite band in concert.
- Make a list of the top ten things you want to do over summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation. No school, just you and your family… at the beach! Write about your day.
- Parents have to work over the summer, and a list of annoying summer camp rules has to be followed. What happens?
- There is a town that gets trapped beneath a giant acrylic domed structure and it is discovered that they freeze and thaw of each other.
- It’s the summer before Senior year and looking back it seems like things are going by too fast.
- It’s summer vacation. Your teacher is sick. What do you do?
- Summer vacation is almost over, but there is one little adventure that you and your two best friends must go on.
- Write about a time when you spent the summer with your grandmother.
- Write about an amazing dream you had during summer vacation.
- A love story set at summer camp.
- You make one new friend on vacation and take him to an amusement park.
- It is the weekend before summer vacation and your friends want to pull a prank on you.
- Write about going to a summer camp.
- Write about a boring summer vacation.
- Summer vacation has come to an end and all you can do is reluctantly go back to school.
- Write about any kind of travel you’ve had.
- Write about your greatest summer vacation disaster.
- Write about being stuck at the beach on Labor Day weekend.
- It’s hot, hot, hot and you’re having trouble getting to sleep at night.
- You are sailing across the Atlantic on a beautiful ship.
- It’s your first day of summer vacation and you can’t sleep!
- Write about a neighbor whose family goes on an annual summer vacation.
- Mara and Hamilton are having a summer fling when Hamilton’s mother finds out and tells Mara that she has to break up with Hamilton or leave her family.
- Summer vacation got cancelled because the family got in a bad car accident.
- Write about your worst vacation ever.
- Write about how you spend Christmas vacation.
- Write about your worst summer vacation
- It’s summer vacation and you’re worried about staying in shape.
- A family makes a cross-country trip across the USA in a motorhome during summer vacation.
- You’re visiting your aunt and uncle’s beach house for the summer. Bring along a family member of your choice.
- It is summer vacation and you are bored. You wish something exciting would happen.
- Your parents go on vacation again and forget you. Write about what you do and what you don’t tell them before they go.
- Write about a summer vacation you would take if you had a time machine.
- Write about a dark summer vacation.
- Write about the day the weather goes crazy and all the random chaos that follows.
- Write about a trip to a historic landmark at this time of year.
- Describing what your favorite time of year is.
- Write about a good summer vacation you know of.
- Write about a summer vacation you had with someone or something from your story.
- Write about the most adventurous thing you did over summer vacation.
- You’ve been invited to the beach with your parents for the week.
- In your novel, what kind of person goes on a summer vacation that will change them and their life irrevocably?
- Your best friend asks you to describe your worst summer.
- Throughout your entire summer vacation, your actions may mean the difference between saving Earth or letting it be destroyed.
- Write about a time during your vacation when someone made you ashamed of yourself.
- The family cat goes missing and the kid has to step up for the both of them.
- It is summer vacation and school just ended.
- Your boss has the summer off, but calls in sick for you. You improvise.
- Write about a summer pet sitting like in the Air Bud movies
- Write about a time when you were late for school or work because of a mosquito.
- Write about a crazy road trip you took.
- It’s summer vacation for you. The only problem is your boyfriend/girlfriend is away on their own summer vacation with family or friends where you’re not invited. How can you be with them or at least talk to them?
- Summer vacation is here and everything is going great until someone says something wrong.
- Have a favorite color? Take a bit of that color on a journey through your summer vacation.
- Describe the day when your previous summer vacation ended.
- It is the worst summer ever and the AC has gone out. Now your neighbors spread the rumor that you can’t survive the summer without air conditioning.
- How long does it take for the adventure to be over?
- Summer vacation is approved for release. Time to get started!
- Write a problem and solution story related to summer vacation.
- Write about how you’d feel if you were on summer vacation and tragedy struck.
- Describe all the things you did at summer camp.
- You just want to get away from it all, so you go to a cabin in the mountains.
- Write about how you deal with the summer heat.
- The summer vacation is over and now you have to go back to school. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Your grandfather won the lottery and buys your family the nicest house to live in. Your mother then decides that instead of the boring regular summer, they’re going to do something special, and all you are expected to do is act normal. Which you fail at.
- A gotcha style play where someone gets a summer job that they weren’t expecting.
- Write about how you feel just before going on summer vacation.
- Summer vacation takes a really bad turn.
- You need to work your way through summer vacation, but don’t want to. Everything gets in your way.
- Write about your least favorite summer vacation you’ve ever been on.
- For months you have been working with your family to get ready for your sister or brother’s wedding. That weekend finally comes but much to your surprise, your best friend ends up walking down the aisle instead.
- Summer vacation has arrived and all the kids are bored. They find an old toy box full of old board games. The games have to be played and you are allowed to write about any game you want to.
- You have three wishes. What happens during the summer vacation when you use the last wish?
- Develop your Summer Vacations by Listing Out Your Three Must-Haves, One Must-Visit and One Must-Do.
- Write the details about a birthday party you went to over the summer.
- Write about the WORST summer vacation you can imagine.
- Summer vacation is unholy and the heat is just unbearable. You have to resort to some subversive acts.
- Write about a week in your life on your summer vacation.
- Write about the time when you had to go to summer camp THUS initiating your hatred of fun. OR when you decided to make the most of your days at the fun farm.
- Write about an exciting summer vacation you had.
- It is summer vacation and you have just moved to a new town. You venture to the nearest lake and find something unexpected there.
- It’s hot, hot, so hot! You are stuck outside in the summer heat and there’s no way to cool down. What do you do?
- Write a poem about warm weather.
- It’s summer and it’s hot outside. All you can think about is how much you want to be cooling down by the water.
- Write about the weirdest summer job you ever had.
- The day is a scorcher and there’s no air or water anywhere!
- It is the last week of Summer vacation. What will you do with the remaining time?
- Do you have to work on vacation? Write about it.
- A nurse friend is super rude to you because she thinks that you are still a medical mess. How do you approach this?…
- Write a scene with a car full of kids on their way to camp.
- Move to a new town.
- Write about the yearly family vacation.
- A competition is held just two weeks before the end of summer vacation. Each person throws ideas into a hat until all have stories written.
- A careless driver causes an accident while taking a summer vacation.
- Write an adventure story where the main character is on vacation with friends.
- Write about something good that happened during summer vacation you’ll never forget.
- Write about the day the summer heat followed you indoors.
- Summer vacation has turned out to be everything you hoped it could be.
- Explain that you witnessed an unwanted pregnancy in the summer.
- Summers here are crazy hot. What do you do to try to stay cool?
- You go to camp and learn a valuable lesson.
- It is Christmas Eve, in Summer
- Write about a summer vacation that ended in disaster for your character.
- A journal entry about a series of summer jobs – held by the same person.
- The summer heat is getting to you.
- Write a black comedy about horrible summer vacation events.
- Write about your worst summer vacation.
- It is the last day of school and summer vacation is almost here. You get stuck working with somebody you barely know. What do you do? You are on vacation and your grandad has died. Explain how you are feeling. It’s summer vacation. Start by describing what you are doing.
- What is the strangest and weirdest thing that ever happened to you during summer vacation?
- Write about your family going on summer vacation, something exciting happens there.
- You take a vacation to a place you have always dreamed of going to. You take a leap of faith and risk your safety. Write about it!
- Write about the oddest odd jobs you have had this summer.
- When you were in the past, what is your favorite summer vacation spot? What is it about that place that makes it a favorite?
- Dad responds to the question, “Do you remember your favorite summer of your childhood?” about you by recounting the terrors of your younger years.
- After school it’s time for – flip-cup.
- Explain an incident that occurred during the summer of your childhood that you will never forget. Condense the story to three sentences that highlight what was memorable about it.
- You’re on vacation with your family doing shore fishing. During the trip, you come across an incredible encounter.
- It is the last day of summer vacation but you won’t be going back to school.
- Write about a vacation you plan to take in the future.
- Write about the hottest day of your life.
- When your parents go out to dinner, they leave you home with an impossible task.
- This is the view from your apartment window.
- You have a heart breaker on your date but you’re stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.
- You’ve decided to make walking the dog your summer job.
- Describe someone you know well taking their first summer vacation.
- One day of summer vacation goes by with boredom.
- Your family doesn’t use technology/social media because of your beliefs. Your parents now want you to use technology for school.
- It’s summer vacation. You really want to visit some relatives but end up making other plans in a new city. What do you do?
- A powerful dragon appears over the summer camp.
- It’s the summer between 7th and 8th grade.
- Write about a day on your favorite beach.
- It is summer vacation and kids run free.
- Write about summer vacation from another culture’s view.
- Summer vacation in your mind.
- Snowpea is going on summer vacation. She would like to bring a good book. Write about what she reads.
- Family leaves the pet home alone for the first time.
- During summer vacation, a mischief-making dragon terrorizes a town.
- A horrible storm hits just as you are on vacation.
- Write about a dream you had during the summer.
- An airplane crash in 1960s-era Hawaii leads Indiana Jones to an adventurous summer adventure.
- A rainstorm interrupts your summer vacation.
- You were on summer vacation and forgot to eat. You were just about to faint and collapse, but a stranger helped you. Explain the dream.
- It’s summer vacation and your family is traveling. Your parents want you kids to enjoy this break and have fun while learning something new.
- A group of friends come across a stranger in the woods while vacationing.
- It’s the first day of summer vacation. You’re not at home, but you’re not with all your friends either. Where are you?
- This list of writing prompts can help school students keep their mind fresh and positive during house construction.
- Write about a bad experience you had on vacation one year.
- Write about what you would do if you were stuck at the airport terminal during an intense storm.
- Describe a sunny day that was ruined by a storm.
- There’s a huge snowstorm on summer vacation.
- Write about your summer vacation when you were a child.
- An older sibling goes on a long awaited camping trip. He gets sick but no one will come out and get him.
- Write about a summer vacation that happened when you were young.
- Spend a day at summer camp.
- A zombie apocalypse is going on and you must save your family. You’ll need your goldfish to make a quick getaway.
- You have been gone for days on vacation and now you return.
- Write about the things your family and friends did on summer vacation.
- You are on summer vacation at your favorite place. You’re sitting on a beach, soaking in the sun. It’s warm and comfortable. You’re surrounded by friends. You don’t hear a sound, that is until…
- The ice cream truck stopped by.
- Here is the summer vacation you always dreamed of.
- Write about the best beach vacation ever!
- Describe a non-vacation summer day.
- You have just received part of your college rejection letter. What do you plan to do about finding the perfect summer vacation spot? Write about the plan.
- Something goes wrong and summer vacation ends early. Write about the ending of vacation.
- Bring your summer vacation to a close by writing it as if it were a cooking recipe.
- Your family decides to travel. While traveling, something happens to you that changes your life forever.
- Your best friend saves up her money to go on a trip to the Bahamas and invites you along…by mistake.
- Describe your average day at summer camp.
- Write about the weirdest summer vacation you’ve ever had.
- Julie’s family plans a vacation to some Scandinavian country for the summer. They don’t tell Julie about it ahead of time and instead notify her at the airport.
- A tornado hits and you have to seek shelter from the storm.
- Just before summer vacation, someone stole your swimsuit. How do you get it back? What does it look like? What was it like when you got it?
- A husband and wife travel on a road trip and face a terrible band of brothers in the middle of nowhere.
- You live in paradise but it’s hot and miserable. What do you do?
- Start off with the facts, then write about how you feel about the situation using your opinion, feelings, thoughts, etc.
- If you pick your school you friend group, you just might live a life of summer vacations. 17.
- What do you expect to experience during your childhood summer vacation?
- Write about your first summer vacation when you were nine years old.
- Write a scene taking place in a dream that happens during the summer.
- It is winter, and the snow has unexpectedly piled up. School is canceled. Write about your idea of fun during the winter.
- Summer vacation is over and you feel really nostalgic about it.
- Using a journal write about what you do on an average summer vacation.
- Write about a kid who is home alone or the only kid on vacation.
- Write about a summer-long episode of your favorite television show, novel, etc.
- Discovering your sibling’s diary by accident over the summer.
- Write about the day you caught yellow fever.
- The weather has been strange all summer.
- Interview a teenager for the school newspaper about their summer vacation.
- An entire family has to work in their summer vacations.
- It’s summer vacation and you have left your cell phone at home. When you realize your mistake, you’re halfway around the country. Write what happens.
- Write about a risky thing you would do during the summer if you got the opportunity.
- Summer vacation comes to an end all too soon.
- A family goes to England for summer vacation.
- A group of friends decided to throw an outdoor party on the last day of summer vacation, on the beach.
- You discover you have a summer job and your boss is not only a horrendous person, but also a liar.
- It’s summer vacation and a storm is happening outside.
- Write about a summer where it’s too hot to do anything.
- A person who usually doesn’t like to travel appreciates a trip he takes unexpectedly.
- Write about a week of your summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation and you don’t want to be in your hometown.
- You are stuck inside by the heat and the only cool place is the fridge. What do you find there? And how do you keep cool while staying inside?
- It is another gorgeous summer vacation and you are stuck in your small hometown summer jobless and bored. Does it change your view of being at home for the summer? Write a letter to the editor to complain or make suggestions for how the city can welcome people if they could not be here when hurricane season is over.
- Write about a friend who is going away during summer vacation.
- Write a diary entry from the point of view of two brothers on the day before school starts. One brother is quite excited to go back to school while the other brother is dreading the experience.
- It’s summer vacation. Write about what you would be doing, working on, or every day.
- Write about your favorite restaurant from a previous summer.
- Write about a summer night when something strange happened.
- Summer vacation means…
- It is summer vacation and you’re scared to leave your house.
- Write about your best summer vacation.
- You unexpectedly meet an old flame on vacation.
- Write about your last summer. Whoever was there with you is gone or is not doing well. You have to do something to fix things, but that person is still not there with you. Write about your feelings during and after.
- Write a summer vacation interruption story.
- You decided to take a road trip cross country alone. Write about your trip experiences.
- Christmas Vacation
- Detention can wear down your mental state over time. Write about the craziest things people do while they are in detention.
- Summer vacation is coming up and you just have to figure out what you’re going to do.
- Write about a summer vacation you never want to end.
- Write about the first day of summer vacation.
- Write about a typical morning in summer vacation.
- You go on holiday to a remote location for summer vacation with your family. Something happens which leads to the beginning of a new mystery and you become a real life Nancy Drew.
- Take a “trip” to a place you’ve never been. Write a travel brochure using all the elements of persuasion.
- There has been a power outage, summer vacation has arrived, and now you and your family must pitch in together to get through on your summer vacation.
- You have a grand adventure planned for summer vacation, but mother nature isn’t cooperating.
- On summer vacation you are visited by an unlikely person.
- The last week of summer vacation. You’re exhausted from it all.
- Bill takes his kids on summer vacation. They run into trouble on the road. How does Bill deal with it?
- Free write about it.
- It’s the summer after high school and you have to do something with your life. Write about it.
- What would you do if you saw a boy at the beach you really didn’t like wearing nothing but swim trunks.
- A girl travels to Greece on summer vacation and meets a mysterious boy.
- A soccer game is disrupted by a monster that just won’t leave.
- The kids have all mixed up their sneakers and now they are taking turns in a footrace to put the right pair on.
- Write about a time you were almost eaten by a shark, or about a time you wished you were.
- Think of a place that you would like to visit one day.
- Write about visiting somewhere on vacation.
- Write about your first day of summer vacation.
- Your winter plans changed and you find yourself with a lot of extra summer vacation time. What happens next?
- Write about the funniest family vacation you’ve been on.
- It’s summer vacation and there is something in the news about a missing child. What if it is your cousin who is missing?
- You have the day off work and your friends are busy with their summer vacation.
- Write about bad luck. Write about good luck. Write a story about who gets what kind of luck in the end.
- Vacation time!
- What happens on summer vacation that is so crazy it has to be kept a secret?
- A group of friends goes off on a weekend road trip and causes trouble.
- Write about summer vacation memories from long ago. Start with your trip to Disneyland or your experience camping with relatives. They don’t have to be happy memories either.
- A family travels to Alaska for summer vacation and comes across a strange family.
- It’s summer vacation and your family is hiring countless amounts of tutors just so you can gain a college scholarship.
- Having trouble writing? Check out this page for writing exercises and prompts to get your creative juices flowing.
- You’re given a summer job. You can choose it or its location.
- Write about the worst day you’ve had during summer vacation.
- Write about the saddest vacation memory.
- Summer School vs. Summer vacation. Tell me about your summer school experience.
- Write about a summer vacation that takes place in a science fiction or fantasy world. It can be on another planet or a version of Earth in the future.
- Write about a paradise that turns into a place of trouble.
- Write about the last thing you do before leaving on summer vacation.
- It is summer vacation and it’s raining.
- Write about a family trip or day hike gone wrong.
- Write from the perspective of a disgruntled or excited teenager about how they are spending their summer vacation.
- Write about a vacation that you had to cancel last minute because of inclement weather and how your family got refunds.
- Write about a moment when you were wishing you could go on summer vacation.
- Write about a character wishing they were secretly off on summer vacation.
- Write about a family road trip.
- Write about a great way to enjoy a vacation.
- Your entire family goes on a yacht vacation. Disaster follows.
- You’re on your first job/career interview, and you discover something surprising is asked of you.
- Summer vacation and it’s your last fling before high school. Also, it is the last time you will see someone special.
- Write about the best and worst thing about summer vacation.
- You’ve decided to forget about stupid little things and celebrate summer for what it is.
- Write about your worst vacation.
- Your summer vacation is hard work but worth it for the reward.
- Write about your dream vacation place.
- Give us an essay on your best summer vacation memories.
- A person dies in a freak accident and goes to heaven and forgets what a vacation is.
- It is summer vacation and you are stuck at home while all of your friends are going on an extravagant vacation.
- A star player’s parents just got divorced and it seems that everything just went horrible this summer for the youth.
- You could choose to do more mundane things, but you decide to take on the challenge of writing the best short story you can.
- You never really knew how long summer vacation was until it was gone.
- Write about summer vacation from some other person’s point of view.
- What is your school holiday break like? Write a journal entry chronicling the excitement of the first vacation you or your family ever took together.
- Write about a famous summer vacation spot.
- It’s your summer vacation, your dreams have come true! After your vacation ends, your dream becomes your reality because of an unexpected development. Was it a good thing or bad thing?
- Your writing prompt is to write about going on vacation to somewhere you haven’t been to before.
- Write a brief note to the person sitting next to you on a plane. Make sure
- Summer vacation has begun and your family has headed to the beach. After a day in the sun, you play a little joke on your friend who’s thinking of joining the roller derby.
- The electricity is out all summer. Not being able to turn on the air conditioner or refrigerator makes life interesting.
- Write about a happy summer vacation memory.
- Write about the summer you moved away to the country and had to adjust to living in a place where you were not close to everything.
- Your summer vacation is going great until the littlest member of the family gets kidnapped by a super villain.
- It’s Christmas and because of the harsh winter your parents decide it’s too much to travel to see your family.
- Write about the first day of summer school and what you did on break.
- It’s summer vacation and you just got a new digital camera. Everything is awesome!
- It’s possible that effective storytellers always have such in
- Vacation at the lake gets interrupted when you see something unbelievable,
- You’re at a summer camp, but it’s not your typical camp. Map out the camp.
- On your summer vacation all the game consoles broke and will cost money to fix.
- During summer vacation, the parents of a family go out of town and leave the children home alone.
- It’s summer vacation at the beach. The water looks incredibly enticing. You’ve never gone swimming before…
- A mother takes her children on a hike and is injured. The children have to find a way to help.
- Write about what you think is the most difficult part of vacation.
- Let’s have a summer vacation where we actually leave the house.
- Write about a nightmare you had which “happens” to be your summer vacation.
- It is your third summer vacation at this resort and you love it. Suddenly the most important person to you isn’t going to be there next summer. Write about it.
- It is summer vacation and your mother says you have to babysit younger siblings.
- It’s Christmas Eve, summer vacation is almost over. Your child complains about how bored things are.
- Write about the perfect summer day.
- Summer vacation and you are sick for the first time.
- You had the worst summer vacation of your life. Write about it.
- It’s summer vacation. You want to write a war story, or something. Write a flash piece instead about a normal day, the end of the day, etc.
- Write about a summer vacation of a past family trip.
- Your summer vacation is cut tragically short as your house burns down late one summer afternoon.
- Someone gave you a time machine for summer vacation and you could travel anywhere in time. Where do you go?
- If you’re stuck in an airport for a long time, what do you do?
- Your boss wants volunteers to take a two-week vacation in his place. What do you do?
- You just graduated from high school and are eager to go to college. What do you do over the summer?
- A teenager is starting her first summer job.
- Write about the vacation destination you have always wanted to go to.
- Write about your first time on a plane.
- Day 1 – Write a poem about your first day of summer break.
- Write about something you did during a summer vacation that you wouldn’t do again but you will never forget.
- Write about a character with an odd summer vacation.
- The end of summer vacation is coming up and you have one day left. What do you do?
- Write about the worst summer vacation you can think of.
- What do you need to have in your beach kitty to enjoy the beach?
- Write about the panic of a late night phone call.
- You are on vacation with your family and you stumble upon someone you dislike very much.
- You’re overseas on vacation and find yourself in a risky situation.
- The family summer vacation was ruined by a natural disaster.
- Write about something you love that summer took away from you.
- Write a song about your summer vacation. How does it compare to one of your favorite vacation songs?
- Introduce a character that seems to be stuck in some oppressive environment with no escape.
- Write about your favorite place to go on vacation.
- Everyone is out hiking and having the time of their lives. Everyone except you.
- Write about a summer vacation you have planned. This could be real or a fantasy.
- In the trash can
- Pick a place you want to visit and use a summer vacation activity as a life choice.
- Write about a family vacation in a foreign country.
- Write about a summer vacation camping trip.
- Write about leaving your house on vacation.
- Write about a summer day down by the lake or beach.
- Your city is hosting the Olympics this summer.
- Write about spring fever, the feeling you get when you can’t wait to get out of school and have summer vacation.
- You’re on leave after college and trying to decide where to go on vacation.
- Write about meeting your favorite band.
- Write a short story about your favorite part of summer vacation.
- Write about your first summer as a teenager.
- Write about the many things your family does over the summer vacation.
- Your doorbell rings this summer. A note with a riddle is left behind. You must solve the riddle to find the location of a summer event.
- Summer vacation and every kid is going to the amusement park. Write about a character who is too short to ride any of the rides.
- It is summer vacation and you are staying home. However, you want to go places but can’t. What do you do?
- Write about the most exciting thing that ever happened to you during summer vacation.
- Facing Death
- Godzilla finds himself on the streets of New York during Summer Vacation.
- You’re on a summer-long search for a job.
- Write about a summer vacation with your boyfriend/girlfriend’s family.
- It is a long, hot summer. Your weekend plans just fell through and it seems like nothing is going right. What do you do to cope?
- It’s summer vacation and your mom cancels your plans and makes you guys spend it at the beach.
- A man or woman has been out with friends and they are very very drunk.
- Describe an object you would like to take on a summer vacation trip. Where do you go and what will you do with it?
- You wake up one morning in the middle of summer vacation and realize you drool in your sleep.
- Write about what you enjoy most about summer vacation
- It’s summer. You’re hot. You get up to go get a drink and you discover that your entire house has melted.
- A frustrated writer goes on a summer vacation with no plans to write. A week later they’ve written their best material ever. Explain.
- Describe a summer day from your perspective.
- Write about your favorite summer vacation food.
- Vacation reminds you that home has chores.
- You’ve had a conflict with a teacher and you have to work together to correct it.
- A typical day at summer camp.
- Write about your summer vacation when something was repeatedly happening.
- How was my recent vacation? The ups and downs…the funny stories, and the not so funny stories.
- Middle school students discover summer plans are canceled.
- The weather really rained on your summer vacation plans.
- It is the most boring summer summer ever. All your friends got together and are leaving on an awesome trip and you are stuck at home. Now your summer sucks.
- A stranger offers your eleven-year-old the illicit drug of his choice. What will he choose?
- Write about a time you were forced to quit something.
- Based on the book Never Let Me Go, write about your summer vacation from your point of view.
- Write about a summer vacation gone very wrong, or very right.
- You’re at a beach watching the sunset and everything goes black.
- You rent a motorhome for your summer vacation. There’s nothing about the car to suggest it is haunted, is there?
- Write about an unfavourable vacation and something that makes you feel better about it.
- There is a big bind up of roads that lead to your vacation destination. Only thing is, they are all closed. You get stuck in traffic and your vacation is ruined. You’re sort of like green with envy. “Yes,” you think, “I would love for someone to do that to me!”
- You just moved to a new city and summer vacation is about to start. Write about your plans.
- Write about a summer vacation from your childhood.
- Write about a year in your life when vacation was the most important thing for part of it.
- Write about the best vacation you ever had.
- These first three stories occur over a long summer break, off and on. The last story occurs when summer is almost over and the narrator knows that school is starting the next day. In this story the summer is symbolized by a motorcycle.
- You get to take a trip to anywhere in the world you want!
- It’s vacation and mom wants to escape the heat. Have them go to the beach.
- It is summer vacation and you have decided to take a road trip through the west.
- Write about a day when it is taking forever to finish summer vacation.
- Write about a day at the beach during summer vacation. Essentially, this prompt is a huge gimmick since this article is clearly written for children FOR SUMMER VACATION.
- You finally get to go to Spain on vacation. While you are there, you find out the hotel you are staying in used to be a hospital for people with the Black Death.
- It is the summer before senior year and one student has to stay behind to work.
- A teenage girl from Spain is spending the summer in America with her grandparents. She has trouble adjusting to the new culture.
- Write about a summer event that affected everyone
- Write about a grandparent taking their grandchildren on vacation.
- Write about your worst summer vacation experience.
- Write about getting your summer job, or about working during the summer.
- You get picked out of a hat and you have to spend your summer vacation with someone you really don’t get along with.
- It is the worst summer ever because you have no money for a vacation, your neighbors are being audibly noisy and your best friend moved away.
- It is summer vacation time and here is your day…
- Summer vacation is over already and you were supposed to …… Do anything you are able to do about it.
- Write about your typical summer vacation.
- You always dreamed of going to summer camp and you finally get to go but it’s not what you expected.
- You are a flea. Write about your summer vacation.
- A long summer vacationing with your grandmother.
- Write about how the summer heat affects school.
- People aren’t playing as nice as they did before the school shootings. Write about that skyrocketing summer anxiety.
- It is probably every child’s nightmare…summer school.
- It is a buddy cop movie with two cops and one who is stuck at home for the summer.
- Summer vacation has been spent studying, now actually show your report to a teacher.
- Write about finding adventure on the summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation and you are jogging. You see a stranger on the side of the road.
- A day during summer vacation.
- Write about what grandma will do and what grandpa will do during summer vacation.
- A summer day that begins like any other.
- Someone tries to “prank” you while you’re on vacation and things don’t go the way they planned.
- Write about a vacation gone wrong.
- Summer vacation is terrible! Research a topic of interest to create an entertaining essay.
- Hunger strikes – write a story about a survivor of the famines in Chad. Tell how they find water, food, and shelter.
- It’s the tenth summer anniversary of one of your friends and he or she begins reminiscing about the . . .
- It is 3 in the morning. A burglar breaks into your house.
- Write about yourself doing something strange on summer vacation.
- Tell the story of a vacation where either your flight, car broke down, a family emergency came up, or comparable incident.
- Every year people lock in deposits to vacation spots months in advance. This year they fail to do so and everything is booked. Write what happens next.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about the impact of global warming.
- It is the hottest August in history.
- You’re facing the first day of summer vacation. You’re a little nervous about going back to school — what went on over the summer that you’d like to get into?
- It’s the last day of summer vacation and you forgot to have fun.
- You are visiting your grandparents in the mountains and something creepy finds you in the house.
- Write about something that happened to you as a kid during the summer time.
- Having kids is like summer vacation.
- The cat does not want to go outside.
- Your summer is filled with boredom.
- Write about the best vacation someone has ever been on.
- Write about your idea of an ideal summer vacation.
- The city or town you visited for summer vacation doesn’t go according to your plan.
- It’s the hottest day of the summer. Write about as much as you can about it.
- Write about a time you went to the beach with your family.
- Write about an unexpected guest who shows up at your summer vacation home.
- It is summer vacation. The weather really sucks. Write about how awesome it is to be inside playing video games or reading comics.
- Summer vacation moves really slowly.
- Every morning it rains and your family must stay indoors.
- It’s summer vacation and the whole school is on a trip to Istanbul. You find yourself squished next to a stranger on the plane. What happens next?
- Recently divorced, you decide to take a last-minute summer vacation by yourself. You stay in a hotel by yourself and experience something unexpected.
- Write about doing something you’ve never done before with a friend.
- You turn to find an unusual character following you.
- It is summer vacation and you are at a camp with your friends. You find out that the camp mysteriously is harboring someone.
- Your Christmas is ruined by a snowstorm in the middle of summer. Write about it.
- Having summer off school isn’t all that great. Facing the end of summer is harder than expected.
- You have just arrived at a vacation destination. Write about the first thing you see.
- You promised your little brother/sister that you would take them to a water park but things obviously changed. Where would you take them now?
- When you have enough power to charge your phone and nothing gets done
- Write about the strangest thing you have done on summer vacation.
- Before the summer vacation, you feel like a sidekick but after the summer vacation you feel like a superhero because of your experiences.
- Write about your uneventful summer vacation.
- Write a journal entry from your parents’ perspectives while on summer vacation.
- Write about going on a summer vacation.
- Write from the perspective of food.
- Write about a time when you lost your way.
- It’s summer vacation and it’s raining.
- Write a scene where someone experiences heatstroke and has a panic attack.
- Write about the worst summer vacation you ever had.
- A child’s family is having a reunion in the middle of summer vacation. The rest of the world hurries to get ready, but this family is ever ready to go.
- You’re a lonely kid visiting your grandparents’ house for the day. Explore your grandparents’, your own feelings, or create a full story.
- Write about a summer cold or flu.
- Tell the story of an average summer vacation.
- It is the middle of summer vacation and the workers strike. You are stuck.
- Your high school Prom is in just a few days and you’re working on your big date. Everyone else wants to go to a concert that same weekend, making coming up with a solution difficult.
- Summer vacation is over. Your parents are driving you back to school when something goes horribly wrong.
- It’s summer and everyone is heading up to the mountains to camp, but you are not going anywhere. This is when you realize what a burden you are to the family.
- There’s a campfire going and your friends and family are telling stories. Tell one.
- Write a story using the two plot techniques given here.
- Three teens travel to Italy. Their life is about to change drastically.
- An unfortunate Boy Scout trip ends in death.
- It’s been raining for days and everyone is inside. Someone might have come inside but you’re not sure.
- You just discovered that the place you are staying has a ghost.
- It is summer vacation and a bunch of your friends come up with a great idea for a prank but will you go along with it?
- In summer vacation, your house catches on fire.
- Write about an Indian Summer.
- Dream journal with a focus on a specific event in summer vacation.
- Summer is here and your sister needs your help. Find out why.
- Your parents have a spat that ruins your summer plans.
- Write about the fear you felt when you were waiting for your summer vacation dates from school.
- You download the vacation app for your phone but you cannot access any information. Not even a single word. How can you live on vacation now?
- There’s a person in your neighborhood/city that is great at playing the guitar.
- A popular recording artist played your hometown this year and you are bummed, because you were hoping to see them in concert.
- You come across a message in a bottle while on vacation.
- Someone organizes a Treasure Hunt to celebrate summer vacation.
- Write about what your family does for summer vacation.
- On a trip to the museum discover a family secret that keeps you coming back every summer.
- There is no air conditioning in your home and the weather has been unbearable. How do you survive?
- What does summer vacation look like to kids today? What did it look like when you were a kid?
- Write about a lazy summer day.
- It is the first day of summer vacation and you’re trying to avoid the summer sun.
- It’s summer vacation and your parents are out of town.
- Write about a vacation you went on that ended in disaster.
- It is the hottest summer ever and the AC just went out. Talk about what you did to keep cool.
- Write about a day you forgot your umbrella and it starts raining.
- It’s summer vacation and as a family, you are in between homes. It’s super hot. You’re stranded at a hotel by the dusty interstate because of a snowstorm. The school inspectors suspect you aren’t from around there, but they can’t prove it. You’ll be kicked out of the hotel in a few days. What do you do?
- Write about your morning commute to school. It’s summer vacation and you’re still on the clock.
- It is your first summer vacation.
- Write about time-travel to summer vacation in the past and future.
- You go to the saloon in summer to rob it but your plans change when you see an old flame there.
- Write about a family spending a summer vacation – either real or imagined.
- What do you do during the summer vacation?
- Someone sees a ghost on their summer vacation.
- It’s the Fourth of July, but no one wants to visit the fireworks. For one reason or another.
- You head out to summer vacation with full expectations, but something goes terribly wrong and you’re forced to return home.
- What is a story that all people should take away from summer vacation?
- Write about the first summer vacation you remember.
- The police suspect you did something and have you in their interrogation room. Write about what you tell them. The police think you have information on a crime, but you don’t. They don’t believe you and beat you before you give them the answer. Write about the answer you tell them.
- On your last summer vacation you went deep sea fishing. The boat tipped over and now you are stuck in the middle of the ocean on a floating piece of wood. Describe your predicament or whatever predicament you come up with.
- Write about an unexpected item you needed on vacation.
- Summer vacation means four weeks of opposite-sex neighbor camp. The boy you secretly like is staying in the cabin right next door. What happens?
- Your parents use the money you saved over your winter vacation to buy a second car.
- It is the start of summer and all the stores have very few things left.
- You are stranded on a deserted island and forced to survive the summer.
- Write about your first summer developing a crush on another person.
- Your parents decide to send you to military school. Summer vacation is just around the corner, what would you do?
- It is the hottest summer ever and you just got fired.
- Write about the hottest summer ever and what you do about it.
- Two unpopular kids are on summer vacation and somehow don’t end up at the pool or beach like most low-status kids.
- There is a storm at night and you are home alone.
- Write about what you would do if you tried and failed to steal the school bell.
- Describe a perfect summer vacation.
- It is the most boring and frustrating summer vacation ever. But not until the very end of summer vacation. Now write about the amazing and action packed first day of summer vacation.
- It is a boring summer vacation and you worry that this is going to ruin your summer. Anything goes.
- Your child has a summer job.
- You go out of town for the summer and your house is robbed.
- Write about a summer vacation to another planet.
- Write about your first summer at summer camp.
- Write about your students going on summer vacation.
- Three friends are on the beach and find an urn.
- Describe a deserted island. Do you end up stranded?
- Write about your first year of summer vacation.
- You are on summer vacation. You are inspired and ready to write. But all the material is here. What do you do?
- So Much Paper, So Much Paper
- Write a story about what you don’t like about summer vacation.
- Your family wins a trip to the far side of the world, but only for one week.
- Write about a day you had on vacation.
- The water park has been the only place to cool down all summer long. Then, you discover, it’s been filled with the toxin that has been turning people into alligators!
- Imagine you get a summer job as a lifeguard and it starts to get hot. What happens?
- A teenager goes wild on summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation and you’re with family on a vacation. Write the next day’s blog entry.
- Write about your worst vacation disaster.
- The hotel your family is staying in is haunted.
- Tell a story of a fun filled day at Disneyland
- A group of friends that normally don’t get along must spend summer break together. What happens?
- Does your holiday routine change when summer vacation arrives?
- It’s the most depressing day of the summer.
- Is your city or town famous for anything? What?
- Write about your first job.
- You are a queen. Your husband has just died, and your advisors have managed to convince you that the most sensible course of action is to remarry the most vile, repulsive man they can find. Summer rolls around, and you mount your horse to leave your summer palace to find a suitor. Who ____ decides to pursue you?
- Your family decides to get a seasonal job so you can afford that new swimming pool.
- It is Your Birthday and you would like to make a tribute blog about your life so far!
- Write a scene using all dialogue only.
- Describe the worst summer vacation experience you ever had.
- Write about a funny thing your sister or brother does or says when you are on vacation.
- Write about your favorite summer memory.
- Write about a time where you got severely sunburned while on vacation.
- The summer boredom has gotten to you. You have gone a little crazy and discovered something on your own.
- Write about a person who is having a hard time during summer vacation.
- Write about a summer vacation where it is sunny and fun every single day, something completely unexpected.
- You get locked out of your home during the hottest summer ever.
- You’ve just been informed that you get all summer off and an entire month of summer school from the teacher’s union. How do you spend the summer?
- You wake up one morning to find a creature in your bedroom. What is it? Where did it come from? How do you get rid of it?
- It is summer vacation and for some reason you are stuck inside.
- What kind of training do you do in your vacation days?
- You don’t Start the first writing prompt for the story. Write about how to start writing a short story. We will help you to start writing fiction. It’s an introduction to creative writing challenges.
- Write about the apocalypse happening on the first day of summer vacation.
- In the middle of summer vacation, you receive a phone call. Write about the plot of what happens over the summer vacation.
- A writer’s biggest fan vacations at the same location every summer. Write one of their letters.
- It’s summer vacation and you’re at summer camp. You happen upon something in the woods and it might just be the death of you.
- It’s the last day of school but you are determined to have the greatest summer vacation ever.
- Write about visiting international relatives that live in a country with a really hot climate.
- You’re given a tutor for the summer. Your parents didn’t tell you he’s silver and bigger than they are. Will you tell your parents about your tutor?
- Your favorite beach is slowly being covered by the rising tides due to global warming.
- Write about an argument you had with a sibling over the summer.
- Although it is summer vacation you have to work all the time.
- It is high school graduation day. Write about your friends preparing for high school graduation.
- A family summer vacation to the beach. It can be skit, or a play or even just dialogue. But this has to be the hottest time ever. One person must break out and use magic and all sorts of interesting things.
- During a summer vacation, a family stumbles across some unexpected friends.
- It is summer vacation and your parents have gone on a “blind date”. They get stuck with no telephone, and you need to call them. How do you do it?
- Write about a lazy summer afternoon.
- Write about something going on during summer vacation that was more exciting than you expected.
- It is the hottest day on record and everyone starts to argue with each other.
- It’s summer vacation and you run away. What happens?
- Beach Vacation
- Write about the first time you swam in the ocean.
- The story of a summer romance.
- The teacher goes on vacation for the whole month of June and just forgot to write the final essay.
- Write about your most miserable vacation ever.
- Write about your summer vacation immersed in Minecraft or similar video games.
- It is the best of times and the worst of times.
- Write about a kid who goes on the perfect spring break.
- You’ve been dreading your summer vacation for the last few years. This year you get to leave and go to your dream destination.
- It is parent-teacher night at your child’s kindergarten. You wake up the morning of it wearing explosive diarrhea as a result of eating bad seafood. Your wife chastises you for doing so as you need to wear khakis to the meeting tonight. What do you do?
- Text only or write?
- What do you do during summer vacation?
- Your best friend is coming to visit and they want to go on a hot date. What do you do?
- A very hot summer day.
- You are a police officer on summer vacation dealing with a particularly goofy case.
- What’s the most ____ thing you’ve ever done in the summer?
- A child describes their perfect summer vacation.
- Write about a community where everyone is required to do the same thing for summer vacation.
- A pool party.
- You’re a college student who has to work at a summer job. Write about your experiences.
- The family car breaks down in an unfamiliar town on summer vacation.
- You wake up at the beginning of summer vacation on the worst possible day for it.
- Your family wins a cruise! The best part is that you just get to stay in a suite for the whole time, and the worst part is that someone has to take over watch for pirates.
- Write about the best way to spend your summer vacation. What will you be doing? Will you be traveling or just staying at home?
- It’s summer vacation and your parents are fighting ALL the time. What do you do?
- Write about the last summer vacation you went on.
- At summer camp, what is the funniest thing that’s ever happened?
- Kids ignore all the risks and climb through an abandoned ventilation shaft fossil dig at the local museum.
- What do you do on summer break that relates to your writing?
- What are your plans for summer vacation?
- Write about a summer vacation that changes your life.
- You travel with your family to another country for summer vacation. The trip involves a bicycle tour through the desert. How do you get through this trip?
- You and your family have been invited to attend a two-week music festival in another country. You even get to sleep in different tents. What instrument do you play and how far do you go with your guitar?
- Write about a summer vacation gone wrong.
- It’s the summer before school begins and you have even less free time than usual. How do you occupy your time?
- Write about an unexpected end to your summer vacation.
- Someone you tossed pennies into a fountain for luck is now alive and sitting right beside you.
- During summer vacation, you got pushed into some water and almost drowned.
- What is your favorite place to spend summer vacation?
- Summer vacation finally comes.
- Write about something you learned on vacation as you wandered.
- Write a list of things you do to stay cool during the summer heat.
- Write a creative piece of dialogue about summer vacation.
- Your parents are ship-wrecked and are now stranded on a desert island. What do they do?
- Summer vacation is a great time for catching up on chores or doing some things you’ve wanted to do for a long time.
- A thunderstorm rolls in and the power goes out.
- Your favorite film/movie is being made into a musical. They are shooting it on your favorite beach. What do you do if you see the cameras rolling?
- You are planning the perfect summer vacation but your plans are ruined. Write about what happens.
- Write an empowering letter to a fictional or non-fictional character explaining how you want your summer vacation to go.
- John and Mary are searching for a hotel for the night.
- You’re fifteen-years-old. School starts in two weeks. What do you want to happen that summer?
- Write about a night in which a hailstorm threatens your summer vacation home.
- Write about the first date you had in the summer. Something you should never write about involves your summer vacation.
- Your parents want to get a divorce and you’re not sure how to react.
- It is your last summer vacation with your cousins. They’re moving away.
- People just cannot turn down free food.
- Parents leave for an International trip leaving you and your siblings. What do you do?
- You are at a theme park and one of your friends spots a ride that looks like fun. You do not want to ride it and you tell your friends. Why can’t you ride the ride?
- Write about an experience from summer vacation before you had children.
- A week at the beach means sun, surf and weird people.
- Write a story set during the fourth of July holiday weekend.
- The best summer of your life starts out wrong. Years later you’re thankful for it.
- Write a scene of a vacation to Germany.
- While on summer vacation, Alex is haunted by a dream.
- You move to the country for the summer.
- Your last day of summer vacation gets interrupted by the most peculiar visitor.
- Write about enjoying a wonderful summer day
- It’s summer vacation but none of your friends are around.
- Write about your family struggling to survive a summer without electricity. A summer-long power outage would cause people to express their true feelings for their loved ones.
- Summer vacation is coming up. The whole grade is celebrating
- Write about a time you got heatstroke.
- There is major traffic on the Cross Bronx Expressway. People leave their cars and hike out until they find a truck stop with AC.
- A character has to make summer vacation plans when one of their relatives unexpectedly arrives for the week including that relative.
- Winter Vacation Writing Prompts
- The air conditioning unit at a public pool has broken. It is really hot outside, it feels like one hundred degrees outside. The day is long and you are hot and sweaty.
- Write about the coolest summer vacation you ever had.
- A day at the beach takes a turn for the worse.
- Write about the most exciting thing you did on summer vacation.
- Write about getting into trouble over the summer.
- Write about the very first part of your vacation, then shift to the last part of your vacation. See if the ending differs.
- It’s July, mid-summer, and it’s the heat wave of the century.
- Write about the changing relationship between two characters during summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation and your teacher hurries up to each of you to say goodbye and hopes you have fun.
- You and your mom go to a pool for a swim and get whacked by all the kids splashing around.
- It is your first summer living alone and you feel like it’s just not going well.
- You are a camp counselor for a rowdy inner-city youth full of gang members. What do you do?
- Write about your least favorite memory of summer vacation.
- It is the day of your favorite vacation. You took care of every last thing at home, packed your bag, and got everything ready. When you get to the airport, you find out your reservation is missing the destination you thought was Hawaii. It’s been mixed up with Ottawa. How do you handle this very important trip?
- The dog just had puppies and one of the puppies was hiding in your suitcase. The puppy pooped in your suitcase.
- Write an interesting story about a typical summer afternoon.
- Write a story about your experience with a sleepover.
- Your best childhood summer vacation memory and why it is your most prized summer vacation memory.
- It’s the end of the school year and all the girls are getting new clothes. The guys act like it doesn’t matter.
- It is the summer and anyone and/or anything is mobile.
- You went to summer camp and it is time to go home, the only problem is that you have been kicked out due to an unknown miracle. Write about it.
- It’s the hottest summer ever. You have been locked out of the hottest car ever.
- It’s summer vacation and you’ve been stuck inside a cave for the past 6 months. You’re finally free to go out in the sun but you can’t take off the blindfold and earplugs.
- Parents leave on vacation and leave kids a list of chores, but no one wants to do them.
- You’ll need cool, nomalicious summer vacation food. Write about your ideal one.
- Write about a terrible summer vacation.
- Write about a perfect summer morning.
- Write about the worst summer vacation ever or a time when you enjoyed not going on vacation.
- You find yourself trapped in a car in an endless summer traffic jam.
- Write about the most 5 star vacation you have ever been on.
- Describe a typical summer vacation day.
- You bust your neighbor sneaking into the pool during the night.
- Suzanne’s summer vacation turned out badly and she became famous.
- Tell us about a summer vacation that had a great beginning, but ended in disaster.
- You just moved to the Caribbean and it will be your first summer in a hot place.
- Write about summer vacation from the perspective of a camping trip.
- Write from the POV of a house pet that is alone all summer.
- Write about your summer vacation from last year. Write about it as if you are on vacation right now at the exact same moment last year.
- Consider making your summer vacation stranger than anything you could imagine.
- You’re set out on Thanksgiving to spend Thanksgiving alone.
- Fun in the sun is over and it is back to school. Write about what you did on summer vacation.
- Write about what you want to do about summer vacation so far.
- On a family vacation with your boyfriend and his parents, siblings and grandparents, you encounter a problem that requires unique talent to solve.
- Kids are supposed to stay within the confines of the bunk or cabin while on school group hike. Terrifying things happen as a result of this.
- Describe a busy, non-stop, out-of-control summer vacation.
- Write about what you should bring, do, or see while on summer vacation.
- Write about a time you went to college in the summer.
- A mutant and his searching for a way to save his home planet lands on the original mutant homeland. He decides to return with a weapon.
- Your family pressures you to take vacation photos in order to use them for the next year’s Christmas cards.
- Write a story about your summer vacation.
- Write about the best summer job you ever had and why it was so good, and why you didn’t last.
- It’s the first day of summer vacation. You’ve written a will, made out a professional, & drawn up a list of your final affairs.
- You are on the other side of the world. Write about what you see.
- Write about your first time camping or on a summer vacation.
- Your summer vacation is over and you cannot believe it.
- Visit your favorite beach and create a song, video, or painting about the experience.
- Summer vacation is fast approaching. It’s been six months since you last saw your lover. Write about meeting up for vacation.
- Write about your first summer vacation on your own, away from your parents.
- A high school teacher finds out the secret that his students have been lying to him for years.
- Brave, strong, and sensible are all effective words. Curly, freckly, and sweet, however, need not apply. Which child is the misfit in the group?
- Everyone’s favorite summer vacation movie is “Jaws.”
- Write about a special summer your family spent.
- It is the hottest summer ever and the AC just went out. Your parents tell you that they won’t be able to afford air conditioning repair for the rest of the year and now you and your little sister need to find a way to stay cool.
- Describe a “perfect” summer vacation.
- There’s the luxury cruise, and then there’s your family’s two week driving vacation. After meeting the rest of your extended family in California, where are you headed?
- It’s the last day before vacation is over, but someone forgot the sunscreen.
- Summer vacation has arrived and you are given a trip to explore space.
- How do you feel about summer vacation?
- Your best friend doesn’t move away, so you declare it “The Summer of George.”
- You have just had the most crowded and horrific experience on a plane of your life.
- Write about an important lesson you learned while vacationing.
- Lying on a beach and trying to write a novel.
- Write a story about the last day of summer vacation.
- You became famous overnight but one thing hasn’t changed and that’s your summer vacation plans.
- Have you ever wished you were somewhere else during summer vacation?
- Write about your hottest summer.
- Write about a time you had to work or do chores during the summer because adults pressured you to.
- You never wanted to travel during summer vacation, but this year your parents couldn’t agree on a vacation location, and now everyone in your family is at your house for the weekend.
- Write about getting caught in a rainstorm while on vacation.
- Write about the magical summer vacation you had that you wished would never end.
- A field trip to the beach turns disastrous.
- Families generalize family vacations- “It’s always the same.” However, for the first 24 hours everything is different.
- You are at summer camp. An emergency is occurring. What is it?
- There is a simmering war between the girls. Your best friend is in the middle.
- Write about the perfect beach vacation.
- Your father has a job that takes him out of the country for most of the summer.
- Your favorite television show just got cancelled. How will you react?
- You’re on the beach. The ocean is cool and the waves are high.
- Write about your favorite summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation and you aren’t sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
- What is your idea of a perfect summer vacation?
- Write about your house being robbed while you’re on vacation.
- Write your own summer vacation.
- Summer vacation and you’re broke. How will you survive?
- It’s summer vacation and your friends visit the same beach you visited last summer. What do you do?
- Wake up on your first day of summer vacation. Where are your friends? What does everything look like?
- Describe a summer day of your life.
- Write about how your day is going at the beach/pool/park.
- Write about losing your things at the beach/park/beach camp.
- The kids take the family car and run off for a few days.
- A spaceship lands in your backyard. They need help repairing the spaceship and the rocket ship away.
- You’re a presenter and have to give a speech at your summer camp, but it turns out you slept through the most important meeting. How do I handle this?
- You and your mother just had your first fight as a result of broken curfew.
- Describe the last family vacation you took.
- Write about death by heat stroke.
- One of the characters in your story is struggling with a problem that is so consuming that you’re afraid that person is about to make a big mistake.
- Write about a summer vacation being ruined by something unexpected that goes wrong.
- Use the following list to write about an event that changes your life forever
- The temperature is at an all-time high, but your family plans to go out to the beach all day.
- Write about your favorite season plus summer. It could be fall, winter, spring or summer.
- What’s the best part about summer vacation and what’s the most fun thing about summer vacation?
- A family moves off the busy streets of New York City and onto quiet country roads.
- Write about how you spend your summer vacation.
- Write about a summer you remember, when everything went wrong.
- Summer vacation is awful because you keep getting in fights with your siblings. Write about a time that you yourself had a great time on vacation. Write about your summer vacation. What did you do and what did you like the most? Describe a bad summer vacation that you remember. Write about a difficult experience that occurred on a vacation. What happened? What did you learn from the experience? Write about the worst tourist you have ever met. Write about the relaxing moments that you experienced during a summer vacation. What did you like about them? What did you experience?
- You are out for a day of boating with your family on summer vacation. It is a lovely day and the family has just finished building a sand castle. You go to set sail for home. But when you turn the engine the entire boat goes completely black. You flip the light switch. Still nothing. You search for your phone and also can’t find it. You can’t remember if you put it in the bin where you put your sunscreen. The next morning you discover you don’t have service and your family’s phones don’t have any battery. How will you get help?
- It is supposed to be summer vacation, but naturally everyone gets sick.
- Summer vacation is nearing an end and the freedom that comes with it is about to wane.
- Write about your favorite summer sport.
- The sun is shining, but there is a storm approaching.
- Your summer job is building houses, but you have nothing but time. What do you do?
- Family vacation gets cut short when the parent’s job takes them back to the city.
- Out for your morning run you witness a murder in an alley…then you wake up.
- Write about what you regret doing during your last summer vacation.
- Of course, you can always choose to make up your own subject, topic, and/or pronouns.
- Write about the adventures of your family this summer.
- Write about what happens if your hottest summer ever suddenly turns deadly.
- Describe your worst summer vacation…ever!
- Just because vacation is over doesn’t mean that it can’t be celebrated. What did you do during the end of your summer vacation?
- Describe a family vacation in summer. What did you do? Did some new love blossom? Why didn’t you make it to Yellowstone National Park? How did you ruin the vacation overreacting to something small? What did you do to make up for it?
- Write about a summer vacation survival guide
- Write about your parents and your summer vacations.
- You went on a summer vacation and you found a secret about your family which led you to an important decision.
- Island fever hits and they have to get home, but there are no flights until tomorrow.
- What would you do if you found yourself awake one night alone at home on summer vacation?
- Write about a summer vacation you don’t want to return from.
- Write about a family on a trek in Australia. A giant lizard attacks.
- Write about your ideal adventure.
- Your family travels to a foreign country. You’re just as excited as when you were little. The only problem is the country is not as welcoming as you’d like.
- You escape from the zombie apocalypse at summer camp.
- Summer vacation isn’t necessarily a good time for you. They’ve gotten much worse since you were a child.
- Describe the littlest thing inducing summer vacation nostalgia for you.
- Write about taking a family vacation where the children are the only ones who are excited about being there.
- Describe your summer vacation.
- Write about your life from June 1st through Labor Day of your junior year of college.
- Take your favorite stuffed toy/teddy bear/puppet on vacation. Where does he go? What does he do?
- During summer vacation, a normal summer day becomes anything but.
- Do you prefer school holidays or long summer vacation?
- It’s summer vacation. You’re most excited about this.
- Your husband has been transferred to Paris for three months and is asking you to go with him. You wouldn’t have to leave your children behind, but you would have to leave your family and friends. You get a call that you’re being transferred to Egypt for three months, but your children will stay behind and you must leave sooner than three months. You would have to leave it all behind. However, you wouldn’t have to leave your parents. So you are excited and hesitate because there is uncertainty involved. You must decide.
- You meet your favorite celebrity who offers to take you on an adventure!
- You’ve spent the majority of your vacation trying to reach someone, but to no avail.
- Whatever happens, enjoy the summer!
- Write about a favorite summer vacation memory from your childhood.
- It is the coldest summer ever and the heater just went out.
- Write about a horrible summer vacation.
- You spend the summer vacation trapped in a hotel room.
- Having to run the vacuum
- Summer vacation is around the corner and at the same time, people are losing hope because of the economic financial situation. How can you help lift people’s spirits up?
- Summer vacation, who-needs-it?
- Summer vacation is here and you’ve got the beach in your sights. You’d be happy, except for one problem. It’s not your beach.
- Write about a time when you had to do something for summer vacation.
- Before next summer, your parents tell you you have to study more and you’re only allowed to open your window to get fresh air. All of a sudden your other parent says you’re forbidden to open your window.
- It’s the beginning of summer vacation. What do you do on the first day? What happens on your last day? What does school feel like in between?
- A magazine comes to your house selling “discounted” summer vacation packages. What might be the catch?
- It’s summer time! Take a side job or go on a date.
- School lets out for summer vacation and while most people take it easy, you party even harder … but at what cost?
- A boy’s summer vacation ends worse than he anticipated.
- Summer vacation becomes a nightmare when your younger sibling continually follows you around.
- Pick any place and write about a normal day there.
- What if you had six months of summer vacation?
- Write what you’d write to a friend if they were forced to spend summer vacation with their parents.
- Write about what happens when someone tries to breach bedtime or curfew on summer vacation.
- It’s summer vacation and the vacation you were supposed to take didn’t happen last summer. Time for make-up.
- 1001 Writing Prompts About Super Powers
- 1001 Writing Prompts About Superheroes
- 1001 Writing Prompts About Night
Join the Commaful Storytelling Community
Commaful takes everything you love about stories and makes it a bite-sized, on-the-go experience. Fanfiction? Poetry? Short stories? You’ll find it all!
Summer Writing Prompts: 100 Ideas to Write All Summer Long
by Sue Weems | 0 comments
Summer is the perfect time and season to practice writing and let it feel more like play than work. Today, I've collected a list of summer writing prompts: enough to write one per day of the season!
A few summers ago, I led summer writing camps for kids called Write Camp. It was a blast helping kids of all ages get their fantastical ideas down on paper. My sister signed up my nephew, even though he was a reluctant third grade writer at the time. She wasn't sure he'd even participate.
I assured her that the no-pressure, fun environment would help him imagine writing in a new way, and that he would finish the summer with a story or two and a new understanding of writing.
I'm happy to report I was right! He and his fellow write campers all finished stories and left feeling more confident in their writing skills.
Sometimes we spend so much time trying to get students to write correctly that we drain all the fun out of it. We forget that the first step to becoming a strong writer is to actually write. Try these summer writing prompts to help you (or a young writer in your life!) have some writing fun.
Summer journal prompts
If you keep a journal like me, try one of these prompts for some quick summer journaling.
1. Describe the perfect summer day from beginning to end. What activities would you engage in and why?
2. Write about a memorable vacation or summer road trip. What made it special and why do you still remember it?
3. Share your favorite summer recipe. Include the ingredients and step-by-step instructions. How does it remind you of summer?
4. Write about a summer adventure you would like to experience. It could be something daring or out of your comfort zone. Why does it intrigue you?
5. Describe a summer tradition or ritual that you and your family or friends have. What makes it meaningful and how does it enhance your summer experience?
6. Write about a time when you felt completely relaxed during the summer.
7. Share your favorite summer read or book recommendation.
8. Write about a summer hobby or activity that brings you joy. How did you discover this hobby, and how does it make your summer more fulfilling?
9. Describe a summer sunset or sunrise that left a lasting impression on you. What were the colors like, and how did the scene make you feel?
10. Write about a summer project or goal you have set for yourself. How do you plan to accomplish it, and what impact do you hope it will have on your summer?
11. Share a list of your favorite summer songs or a summer playlist. Why do these songs resonate with you, and how do they enhance your summer vibe?
12. Write about a summer friendship that has played a significant role in your life. How did you meet, and what makes this friendship special?
Summer story starters
Use one of these sentence starters to get your own story off and running!
13. The sun-drenched beach was bustling with laughter and the sound of crashing waves until…
14. In the sleepy seaside town,
15. As the ice cream truck jingled its way down the neighborhood streets, a group of friends suddenly noticed…
16. The sweltering heat seemed unbearable until…
17. Deep in the forest, a group of campers stumbled upon a hidden waterfall, sparking…
18. In a small coastal village, a young girl discovered a message in a bottle, and…
19. The couple stood in the field of sunflowers when they noticed…
20. At the annual summer fair, a shy teenager accepts a dare to visit a fortune teller who…
21. The fireflies danced in the warm night air, illuminating the path leading to…
22. On a remote island, a group of siblings stumbled upon an old map that led them to…
23. As the summer storm unleashed its fury, a group of teenagers sought refuge in an abandoned mansion, only to discover…
Summer travel prompts
24. Imagine you're on a tropical island paradise. Describe the crystal-clear waters, palm trees swaying in the breeze, and the sensation of warm sand between your toes.
25. Create a travel itinerary for a road trip along the scenic coastal highway, complete with stops at charming seaside towns and breathtaking viewpoints.
26. You've just arrived in a bustling city known for its vibrant street markets and cultural landmarks. Write about your first impressions and the unique experiences you encounter.
27. Picture yourself hiking through a majestic national park, surrounded by towering mountains, cascading waterfalls, and abundant wildlife. Describe the awe-inspiring beauty of nature.
28. You've decided to embark on a backpacking adventure across Europe. Write about the different cities you visit, the diverse cultures you experience, and the unforgettable people you meet along the way.
29. Imagine exploring a historical city filled with ancient ruins and architectural wonders. Describe the rich history and cultural significance of the landmarks you encounter.
30. You're on a gastronomic journey, discovering the flavors and culinary delights of a foreign country. Write about the mouthwatering dishes, local specialties, and the joy of indulging in new tastes.
31. Picture yourself lounging on a luxurious cruise ship, sailing through turquoise waters and visiting exotic islands. Describe it!
32. You've decided to embark on a backpacking trip through a dense rainforest. Write about the vibrant biodiversity, the sounds of exotic creatures, and the sense of adventure as you navigate through the wilderness.
33. Imagine staying at a cozy mountain lodge, surrounded by mountain peaks and alpine meadows in full summer bloom.
34. You've chosen to visit a remote village tucked away in the countryside. Write about it!
35. Picture yourself on a safari in the African savannah, surrounded by majestic wildlife. Describe all you see.
Summer setting prompts
While some of these overlap with other prompts, use these to practice sensory details and setting.
36. Describe the feeling of sinking your toes into warm, soft sand on a sunny beach during the peak of summer.
37. Paint a vivid picture of a vibrant summer sunset, capturing the hues of orange, pink, and purple that streak across the sky.
38. Describe the refreshing sensation of jumping into a crystal-clear pool or lake on a scorching summer day, highlighting the coolness against your skin.
39. Depict the sights, sounds, and scents of a bustling farmers' market in the summertime, with rows of colorful fruits and vegetables, the chatter of vendors, and the aroma of freshly baked goods.
40. Portray the atmosphere of a lively summer festival, showcasing the lively music, energetic crowds, and a kaleidoscope of vibrant decorations and food stalls.
41. Describe the lush greenery and delicate blossoms of a summer garden, emphasizing the fragrance of blooming flowers and the buzzing of bees among the petals.
42. Paint a picture of a tranquil summer morning in the countryside, capturing the mist rising from the fields, the chirping of birds, and the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze.
43. Depict the scene of a family picnic in a park.
44. Describe the exhilaration of a thrilling roller coaster ride at a busy theme park, conveying the anticipation, adrenaline rush, and exhilarating twists and turns.
45. Portray the charm of a quaint seaside town, highlighting the pastel-colored houses, the aroma of freshly caught seafood, and the sound of seagulls soaring overhead.
Childhood summer prompts
46. Recall a favorite childhood summer memory and describe it in vivid detail, from the sights and sounds to the emotions you felt.
47. Write about your most treasured summer toy or activity from your childhood. What made it special, and why did you enjoy it so much?
48. Describe a fun summer activity you did with your friends (or family) when you were younger. What did you do, and how did it strengthen your bond?
49. Write about the excitement and anticipation you felt as summer vacation approached each year. What were some of the activities you looked forward to the most?
50. Recall a summer camp experience from your childhood. Describe the camp setting, the activities you participated in, and the friendships you formed.
51. Write about a summer tradition that was unique to your family when you were a child. What made it special, and how did it create lasting memories?
52. Describe a magical summer night from your childhood. Were there fireflies lighting up the sky or a mesmerizing display of stars? How did it make you feel?
53. Recall a day of summer when you discovered something new and exciting, whether it was a hidden spot in your neighborhood or a fascinating creature in nature. Describe the moment of discovery.
54. Write about a summer project or hobby you pursued as a child. How did it ignite your creativity?
55. Describe a favorite summer treat from your childhood, whether it was a refreshing ice cream flavor or a homemade dessert.
56. Recall a summer book or story that captivated your imagination as a child. Describe the characters, the setting, and the emotions it evoked.
57. Write about a summer family vacation you took as a child. Describe the experience.
Summer poetry prompts
Maybe you want to try your hand at poetry this summer! Remember that poetry thrives on precise word choices that convey concrete images and emotion. Practice playing with specificity!
58. Write an acrostic poem capturing the essence of summer, one word or phrase per letter S-U-M-M-M-E-R.
59. Craft a poem that explores the energy of a beach on a hot summer day.
60. Write a poem inspired by the scent of freshly cut grass and the feeling of bare feet on the lawn.
61. Reflect on the beauty of a blooming flower in the summer heat.
62. Create a poem that embodies the freedom and exhilaration of riding a bicycle through winding country roads.
63. Write a poem that paints a vivid picture of a summer storm.
64. Craft a poem that explores the enchantment of a starlit sky on a clear summer night, evoking a sense of wonder and awe.
65. Reflect on the simple pleasure of enjoying a juicy slice of watermelon or peach on a hot summer day.
66. Write a poem inspired by the sound of children's laughter echoing through a park.
67. Capture the serenity and tranquility of a lazy afternoon spent swinging in a hammock, embracing the leisurely pace of summer.
68. Create a sonnet about your favorite flavor of ice pop.
69. Reflect on the feel of running through a sprinkler or a summer rain.
70. Write a poem inspired by the rhythm and energy of a summer music festival.
71. Craft a poem that explores the nostalgia of chasing fireflies in the twilight.
72. Reflect on the passage of time and the bittersweet feeling of summer's end.
73. Write a poem inspired by the sand on a beach towel.
74. Build a haiku about something that reminds you of summer in nature. (For haiku help, go here .)
75. Write a poem about missing out on a treasured summer tradition and what you had to do instead.
Summer adventure story ideas
76. Two best friends embark on a sailing adventure, exploring remote islands, encountering marine wildlife, and discovering the true meaning of friendship.
77. In a sleepy beach town, a young artist finds inspiration in the local community and stages an unforgettable summer art exhibition.
78. During a summer internship at a renowned museum, a curious teenager stumbles upon a secret society dedicated to preserving the city's forgotten history, and becomes entangled in a dangerous adventure to protect its secrets from falling into the wrong hands.
79. A group of adventurous kids forms a secret club and embarks on a mission to solve a series of mysterious events plaguing their neighborhood during summer break.
80. A teenager moves to a new town at the end of the school year, and gets a summer job, but they had no idea what they were in for.
81. A retired rock-climber and expedition leader ventures into the wilderness on a solo expedition, testing their survival skills, and hoping to prove their fitness.
82. A mischievous pair of siblings embark on a mission to solve a local legend, leading them to uncover a hidden treasure and restore the town's forgotten history.
83. Two best friends stumble upon a time-traveling device during a summer camping trip, taking them on an extraordinary journey through different historical eras.
84. A young street performer with extraordinary talents finds herself caught up in a whirlwind adventure when she catches the attention of a mysterious talent scout, leading her on a journey through the city's vibrant arts scene and unexpected encounters.
85. A group of neighbors form a detective club and set out to solve a series of mysterious disappearances in their city during the sweltering summer days, uncovering a hidden criminal network.
Fun summer lists
For this final set of summer writing prompts, I challenge you to make a quick list on each prompt and see what ideas emerge.
86. Make a list of the top ten best (or worst!) things about visiting a water park.
87. Outline the most essential qualities needed for a summer camp counselor. (Consider how this might be different if kids made the list? HA!)
88. List the ten most fun outdoor games to play during summer.
89. What are the best treats to have during hot summer months? Ice cream? Ice pops? Mojitos? (for those of age, of course!)
90. Essential wardrobe staples for summer. (Again, this would be interesting to compile for different types and ages of people!)
91. Make a list of the top ten best or worst places to visit in the summer.
92. Best movies to watch during the summer.
93. A deserted island packing list.
94. Best or worst things to ride/ eat/ play at an amusement park or state fair.
95. Favorite summer swimming holes.
96. List your top ten songs about summer. (Put on a few for inspiration!)
97. Favorite summer snack foods for road trips.
98. Summer holidays ranked. (Challenge level: look up the summer holidays in a different country!)
99. List the ten essential components of a dream summer break.
100. Ten must-see hikes or waterfalls or parks in your area—perfect for a summer outing!
Summer writing prompts: now you try!
Give these summer-themed writing prompts a try and see if you don't find yourself enjoying these warm summer days even more!
Which prompt above brings back summer memories for you? Share in the comments .
Choose one of the prompts above and set your timer for 15 minutes . Write as quickly as you can, playing with the ideas and language. Don't overthink it.
When finished, share your practice in the Pro Practice Workshop here . And take a look at few other writers' work too, leaving an encouraging word. Not a member? We'd love to have you along this summer! Check it out here .
Sue Weems is a writer, teacher, and traveler with an advanced degree in (mostly fictional) revenge. When she’s not rationalizing her love for parentheses (and dramatic asides), she follows a sailor around the globe with their four children, two dogs, and an impossibly tall stack of books to read. You can read more of her writing tips on her website .
Join over 450,000 readers who are saying YES to practice. You’ll also get a free copy of our eBook 14 Prompts :
Book Writing Tips & Guides Creativity & Inspiration Tips Writing Prompts Grammar & Vocab Resources Best Book Writing Software ProWritingAid Review Writing Teacher Resources Publisher Rocket Review Scrivener Review
You've got it! Just us where to send your guide.
Enter your email to get our free 10-step guide to becoming a writer.
You've got it! Just us where to send your book.
Enter your first name and email to get our free book, 14 Prompts.
Want to Get Published?
Enter your email to get our free interactive checklist to writing and publishing a book.
- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Education and Communications
- College University and Postgraduate
- Academic Writing
How to Write an Essay on How You Spent Your Summer Vacation
Last Updated: January 4, 2020
This article was co-authored by Alexander Peterman, MA . Alexander Peterman is a Private Tutor in Florida. He received his MA in Education from the University of Florida in 2017. This article has been viewed 48,092 times.
Writing an essay on how you spent your summer vacation is a classic way of starting a new school year. Think about this essay as an opportunity to tell a story about your summer while reflecting on the experiences you had. Choose a memorable moment you had this summer and start crafting your essay, giving as many details as possible.
Choosing a Topic
- These can also make nice visual aids if you are asked to present your essay.
- A list might be full of things like babysitting, attending a camp, working at a local store, taking a road trip, etc. This type of brainstorming can help you pick major events and other important moments from your summer.
- For example, maybe you spent your summer traveling around Japan. Think of a memorable moment you had while traveling — maybe you walked up a mountain in the pouring rain — and write about this moment, adding lots of details.
- For example, if you're writing about spending time at the beach, your outline could remind you to talk about the sandcastle building contest you entered, the dolphins you saw, and the ice cream you ate every day.
- Details might be what the other sandcastles looked like, how far away the dolphins were, and what kind of toppings were on your ice cream.
- Your outline is just to help you organize your thoughts — it can be written by hand or typed.
Crafting the Essay
- Instead of saying that you worked in a pet store, ate a PB&J sandwich, and walked home every day, talk about more than just your actions. You could talk about which pets are your favorites to work with, how it felt to eat the same sandwich every day, or what you thought about on your walk home.
- Using sensory details like these will help your readers visualize and engage with your writing. These help your audience make your experiences feel real to them, even though they weren't there.
- For example, instead of saying “I went to the beach this summer,” try saying “I spent my summer swimming in the frigid water at Virginia Beach.” The more details you can provide, the more engaged your reader will be.
- Instead of saying “the burger was really good,” you could say, “the burger was juicy and filling.”
- Don't just rely on spellcheck. It will help catch some errors, but it will miss some things, too.
- Ask a parent or other adult to read over your essay too, if you'd like.
- Setting your essay aside for a little while will give you a fresher perspective when you go back to revise it.
Structuring Your Essay
- Make sure your conclusion doesn’t just copy the introduction.
- Write your essay from the first person point of view, using "I." Thanks Helpful 1 Not Helpful 1
You Might Also Like
- ↑ http://www.citationmachine.net/resources/student-blog
- ↑ https://www.grammarly.com/blog/personal-essay/
- ↑ http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/grammar-rules-and-tips/tips-for-writing-a-personal-narrative-essay.html
- ↑ https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jessica-smock/8-tips-for-dazzling-an-ed_b_5498918.html
About This Article
If you need to write an essay on how you spent your summer vacation, there are simple ways to take your writing to the next level. Choose a moment that stands out to you, like playing at the park with your friends or watching a movie you enjoyed. Think about all the feelings and thoughts you had, and use them to write sensory descriptions that will take the reader on the journey with you. Use your introduction to set the scene and draw your reader in. Then, use each paragraph to explore different aspects of your favorite moment. For example, if you won a video game competition with your friends, you can talk about the rivalry between you, the rounds of the game, and how you celebrated. For more tips from our Education co-author, including how to edit your essay, read on! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve
Find and fix writing mistakes instantly
- Check for unintentional plagiarism
- Get instant grammar and style suggestions
How to Write a Summer Vacation Essay
Summer break is a great time to kick back, relax and enjoy yourself and, if you’re lucky, to go on an awesome trip! But how can you translate your amazing vacation into a narrative essay for English class or work it to fit a common application prompt? Here’s some tips to help you out:
Save Mementos From Your Summer
Even if you’re not the sentimental type, make sure to document your summer travels. Take pictures, write diary entries, save train stubs. This is the best way to ensure that you’ll remember your summer well enough to look back and write about it later.
Write an Outline Before Writing Your Essay
Regardless of whether you spent your summer break in Madison, Wisconsin or Madrid, Spain, you should plan out what you’re going to write before diving in. Make a list of what you’ve done over the summer so that you can later narrow down a focus for the essay itself. Keep in mind that the best essay topics aren’t always on the most exciting activities an essay about getting stuck in traffic on the way to the airport on the way to Denver could work better than an essay on hiking the Grand Canyon and looking out at the incredible view.
Since you’re going to keep a record of your trip and come up with an outline before writing your essay, you should be able to put some detail into your essay. Be as specific as possible when it comes to your word choice. If you’re talking about some gelato that you ate in Italy, don’t say that it was “delicious.” Instead, say that it was “creamy and chocolatey, with a note of vanilla.”
Focus on Feelings About Your Trip, Not What You Did
If you spent the summer on the beach in Cape Cod, you shouldn’t write about what you did. You should write instead about how you felt while there. An essay that reads “I went to beach, then had lobster for dinner” is not quite as exciting as one that goes, “As I went for a walk on the beach, I thought about how lucky I was to be able to enjoy nature.” Feelings translate better into text than events, and you should try to place those feelings into context.
Stick to Writing About a Small Moment
With any essay you write especially a short one it’s important to focus a narrow moment in time. Don’t write about your entire week in Paris. Instead, write about the moment you got lost in the city at midnight and fumbled your way home in the dark. You don’t have to pick a particularly glamorous moment from your trip, but you should pick one that meant something to you.
Edit Your Essay Carefully
The shorter the essay, the more important precision is. Regardless of length, make sure to carefully read over what you’ve written to make sure every sentence conveys the message you most want displayed. The editing process matters just as much as the writing process, even if it seems less so.
Writing a research or persuasive essay and need to track your sources? Create citations easily in MLA format , APA format , and more via our guides and citation tools. Click here to try it!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Friday, 14 April 2023 - Welcome to the World of Pediastic
My Memorable Summer Vacation Essay: Unforgettable Adventures
From sandy beaches to mountain peaks: a journey of fun, exploration, and relaxation.
Summer vacation is a special time of the year that brings joy, relaxation, and adventure. Whether you spend your summer break traveling, exploring new hobbies, or simply enjoying some downtime, also it’s a time to recharge and create memories that will last a lifetime. In this blog, we invite you to join us on a journey through the different experiences of summer vacation with our summer vacation essay. From the excitement of a road trip to the mountains to the tranquility of a beach getaway to the cultural immersion of city exploration, we’ll share inspiring and entertaining stories of how people spend their summer breaks. So, get ready to escape the routine and embrace the summer spirit with us.
Table of Contents
Summer Vacation Essay Mind Map
Here’s a mind map outlining the different aspects of the summer vacation essay:
- Reasons for going on a summer vacation
- Exploring the Island
- Local markets
- Local cuisine
- Island culture
- Vibrant colors and unique architecture
- Beaches and Water Sports
- Crystal clear waters
- Soft sandy beaches
- Scuba diving
- Warm sunshine and cool ocean breeze
- Mountain Hiking
- Scenic views of the island
- Lush greenery
- Chirping birds
- A refreshing change from city life
- Relaxation and Spa Treatments
- Calming ambiance
- Expert service
- Local Festivities
- Local festival
- Street parades
- Mingle with locals and make new friends
- Overall experience
- Refreshed and rejuvenated
- Look forward to future vacations
Summer Vacation Essay
Sun, Sand, and Adventure: My Summer Vacation Experience
Summer vacation essay introduction
Summer is always the perfect time of the year to take a break from routine life and explore new places. This year, I had the opportunity to go on a summer vacation to an exotic island with my family. The trip was full of fun, adventure, and relaxation.
Exploring the island
The first day of our vacation was spent exploring the island. We visited the local markets, tried the local cuisine, and also learned about the island’s culture. The vibrant colors and unique architecture of the local buildings left us mesmerized.
Beaches and water sports
The highlight of our trip was spending time at the beach. The crystal clear waters and soft sandy beaches were a sight to behold. We indulged in water sports such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and jet skiing. Moreover, the warm sunshine and cool ocean breeze rejuvenated our spirits.
One of the days, we decided to go on a mountain hike. The scenic views of the island from the top were breathtaking. We were surrounded by lush greenery and chirping birds. It was a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Relaxation and spa treatments
After days of exploring, we decided to unwind and relax. We indulged in spa treatments such as massages, facials, and reflexology. The calming ambiance and expert service left us feeling pampered and also rejuvenated.
The island was hosting a local festival during our stay. We were lucky to experience the festivities first-hand. Additionally, the street parades, music, and fireworks were a feast for the senses. It was an excellent opportunity to mingle with the locals and make new friends.
In conclusion, our summer vacation was a delightful experience filled with adventure, relaxation, and also exploration. It was a welcome break from our routine lives, and we returned home feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I look forward to more such vacations in the future.
How to Spend My Summer Vacation Essay
Summer vacation is the perfect time to relax, recharge, and have fun. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to decide how to spend the summer break. In this essay, I will share some ideas on how to spend my summer vacation.
One of the best ways to spend the summer is by traveling. Exploring new places and experiencing new cultures can be an enriching and also rewarding experience. Whether it’s a road trip or a flight to a new destination, traveling can create memories that last a lifetime.
Moreover, volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and make a positive impact. There are numerous organizations and causes that require volunteers, such as animal shelters, environmental groups, and soup kitchens. Spending the summer volunteering can be a fulfilling and also meaningful experience.
Learning a New Skill
In addition to this, summer vacation can be the perfect time to learn a new skill. Whether it’s learning a new language, taking a cooking class, or improving a musical instrument, the possibilities are endless. Developing a new skill can be a great way to boost confidence and also creativity.
Spending Time Outdoors
The summer season is also perfect for spending time outdoors. Activities such as hiking, camping, swimming, and playing sports can be a great way to stay active and enjoy the fresh air too. Spending time outdoors can also have mental health benefits such as reducing stress and anxiety.
Relaxing at Home
Sometimes, the best way to spend the summer vacation is by simply relaxing at home. Taking a break from the stress and responsibilities of daily life can be refreshing and rejuvenating. Spending time reading, watching movies, or pursuing a hobby can be a great way to unwind and recharge.
Summer vacation essay conclusion
In conclusion, summer vacation can be a great opportunity to have fun, learn new things, and recharge. Whether it’s traveling, volunteering, learning a new skill, spending time outdoors, or relaxing at home, there are countless ways to make the most of the summer break. The most important thing is to choose activities that bring joy and also fulfillment.
How I Spent My Summer Vacation Essay
Summer vacation is a time to relax, have fun, and create memories. This year, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel and explore new places. In this essay, I will share how I spent my summer vacation.
Road Trip to the Mountains
Firstly, my summer vacation began with a road trip to the mountains with my family. We spent several days hiking, exploring nature, and also enjoying the breathtaking views. We even had the opportunity to go whitewater rafting, which was an exhilarating experience.
Visiting National Parks
After our mountain adventure, we traveled to several national parks. We visited Yellowstone and Yosemite, and also the Grand Canyon, among others. Each park had its unique features, and we also enjoyed learning about the history and geology of each location.
After our national park adventure, we took a break from nature and spent a few days at the beach. We enjoyed swimming in the ocean, building sandcastles, and also relaxing in the sun. In short, it was a great opportunity to unwind and enjoy the beauty of the ocean.
Our final stop was in several cities along the East Coast. We visited New York City, Washington D.C., and Boston, among others. Then we enjoyed exploring the museums, historical sites, and cultural landmarks. We also had the opportunity to try local cuisine and immerse ourselves in the city’s atmosphere.
Spending Time with Family and Friends
Throughout my summer vacation, I was able to spend quality time with my family and friends. We created memories that will last a lifetime, from hiking in the mountains to exploring the city streets.
Conclusion of summer vacation essay
In conclusion, my summer vacation was an incredible experience that allowed me to explore new places, learn about different cultures, and create unforgettable memories. I was grateful for the opportunity to spend time with my loved ones and experience the beauty of nature and city life. I will cherish these memories for years to come.
Summer Vacation Essay 10 lines
Summer Vacation Essay 10-lines
Here’s a summer vacation essay in 10 lines/points:
- Summer vacation is a time of freedom, fun, and also relaxation.
- It’s the perfect opportunity to take a break from school or work and enjoy some downtime.
- Some people choose to travel and explore new places during their summer break.
- Others prefer to stay close to home and spend time with family and friends.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, and camping are popular choices during the summer months.
- Moreover, summer vacation is also a great time to learn new skills or pursue hobbies and interests.
- Many people use their summer break to volunteer and give back to their community.
- However, relaxation and self-care are important aspects of summer vacation, as it’s a time to recharge and rejuvenate.
- Summer vacation memories last a lifetime, and it’s important to cherish the experiences and connections made during this time.
- Whether you’re traveling the world or enjoying a staycation, summer vacation is a time to embrace the joy and freedom of the season.
How I Spend My Summer Vacation Essay in 100 Words
Summer vacation is the perfect time to relax, have fun, and make memories. Traveling, volunteering, learning a new skill, spending time outdoors, and relaxing at home are all great ways to spend the summer break . Whether it’s exploring new places, giving back to the community, developing new talent, enjoying the outdoors, or taking a break from daily life, the possibilities are endless. However, the most important thing is to choose activities that bring joy and also fulfillment. In short, summer vacation is a valuable opportunity to recharge, refresh, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
My Village Essay: Exploring Rural Charms
My mother essay in 10 lines: a tribute to unconditional love, you may also like, lesson plan: guide to a successful lesson plan, how to find scholarships for pakistani students, 40 lesson plans for b.ed. as samples to guide you, my favorite teacher: a moving descriptive essay, how to write an application for urgent piece of work, how to craft a winning application for fee concession, my aim in life: fulfilling my passion to make a..., how my best teacher helped me succeed, speech on social media – from connections to consequence, leave a comment cancel reply.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Solved Assignments
- Lesson Planning Samples
- Research Project (8613)
- Past Papers
Talk to our experts
Summer Vacation Essay for Students in English
Summer Vacation Essay on English
Summer vacation is a time when students can relax and enjoy their free time. It is a time to catch up on rest, spend time with family and friends, and explore new hobbies or interests. For many students, summer vacation is also a time to continue learning and improving their English skills. This article will provide information about Essay on Summer Vacation, ways to spend Summer Vacation. Parents should encourage their children to read, write and practise speaking English during the summer break or take them for an outing to have fun and enjoy the sun.
Essay on Summer Vacation
Summer holidays have an important place in every person's life. especially in children's lives.
Summer is the hottest season of the year, children enjoy it very much. It is a very interesting and entertaining season for them as they get a chance to eat their favorite fruits and ice cream. They also enjoy long school closures during the summer holidays.
Summer vacation is an important time for children. This is a very happy time for them. During these holidays, children can do all that they are interested in. They have fun living with their parents, brothers and sisters through the holidays. Summer holidays are the happiest of students' lives. Because they got some rest from going to school for some time.
There are many other important things in summer vacations along with getting relief from the heat. After the exams are over, the students feel exhausted and are not interested in studying, hence, they need rest to improve their health and viability after a long year of study.
Everyone gets to learn something in the summer holidays, whether they are grown-ups or children. Everyone has their own way of celebrating the summer vacation, some like to go on a picnic with their family, some go to foreign countries and some go home and enjoy it.
Most of the girls like to play badminton, football etc. during summer vacation while boys like to play cricket in the open field. During the season there are many fruits which can be enjoyed only in summer. These fruits help to make the summer holiday more interesting, drinking fresh fruit juice and drinking fresh fruit in the body produces freshness in the body.
Everyone already plans something for the summer holidays. Especially kids start making new plans a few months in advance to make their summer holidays exciting. The summer holidays are a great relief for everyone, that's why everyone tries to make it memorable.
Ways of Spending Vacation
Some children make good use of leave by applying tutoring in their weak subject and make it better. Summer holidays become a summer fun for children who are happy when the last bell rings at school. Summer holidays become the happiest moments for children as they get a long break from the daily busy lives of school and school work. Some people go to the countryside for vacations or to visit some historical and recreational places. The time has come to get away from homework and be entertained by a good trip from home to the city, hill stations, and other quiet places to happily defeat the heat.
Benefits of Summer Vacation
The purpose of summer vacations is to give the students a little rest from the summer season. Excessive heat can cause a lot of damage, so summer vacation is the best option to study and give them a break from the heat and assist the children to recover in weaker subjects See you. Everyone usually has their own way of spending the summer vacation, but most people prefer to go to cold places. Summer vacation gives the students an opportunity to visit new places, increase their general knowledge, and get time for school project work.
Children get an opportunity to spend time with their family members as well as to understand and have fun with them.
Overall we can say that the summer vacation is very important for the complete development of all.
A Place to Visit During Summer Vacations
There are a number of destination options to visit and spend quality time with family. You can book your vacation ticket online via the reputed portals make my trip, via.com, go ibibo etc. some good place falls in:
Above are a few options to choose your destination for summer vacation. It's good to spend special quality time with family and loved ones once a year apart from any workload.
Every child looks forward to the summer holidays as a time of rest and relaxation. Summer vacations provide an opportunity for children to catch up on schoolwork, visit new places and spend time with family members. Children can also improve their skills by taking tutoring classes during the summer break. There are many places to visit and enjoy during summer vacations. The most important thing is to enjoy and make the most of this time.
FAQs on Summer Vacation Essay for Students in English
1. How Can Parents Make Summer Vacation Enjoyable for Kids?
Parents should plan some fun activities and take their children to interesting places. They can also arrange for a tutor to help the child prepare for the next academic year. Parents should also ensure that the child gets plenty of rest. The summer vacation is usually quite long. Parents should plan activities that are suitable for all family members to ensure that they have a great time together. This will also help the parents to spend time with their children. Exploring new places and spending quality time with family is a good way of making the summer vacation memorable. This will make a positive impact on the child's academic performance when school resumes because the child will have had a good break with family and will, therefore, be ready to work harder and succeed academically.
2. Where Should One Go for Summer Vacations?
There are a number of places that one can visit for summer vacations. Some people prefer to go to the countryside, while others prefer to go to the city or visit hill stations. There are also a number of places in India that are worth visiting during the summer vacation. Some of these places include Kullu Manali, Shimla, Chandigarh, Darjeeling, Nainital, Munnar (Kerala), Ooty and Kodaikanal. These places offer a variety of activities that are perfect for summer vacations. They also offer a respite from the heat. People can enjoy sightseeing, trekking, boating, fishing and a lot more while enjoying their summer holidays. Doing physical activities in cooler climates is a good way to beat the heat and have some fun. Parents can also take their children to historical sites like museums, art galleries and zoos. All these places provide an interesting and educational experience for the whole family.
3. What Kind of Activities Can Children Do in Summer Vacation?
There are a number of fun activities that children can do during the summer vacation. These include going to the beach, swimming, playing games, visiting amusement parks, going for hikes and camping. Children can also read books, watch movies or play computer games. It is important for parents to ensure that their children get plenty of rest and exercise during the summer vacations in order to stay healthy. The activities will improve the child's physical and mental health. The child will also get to know his or her family members better and have some fun memories to cherish for a long time.
4. How Can We Make Summer Vacation Interesting for Kids?
There are a number of ways in which parents can make summer vacation interesting for their children. One way is to plan activities that are suitable for all family members. This will help the family to bond and have some fun together. Parents can also take their children to interesting places that offer a variety of activities. These places include theme parks, hill stations, beaches and historical sites. Children can also participate in summer camps that offer a variety of activities such as sports, arts and crafts, music and dance. These camps provide a lot of fun and learning opportunities for children. They also help the children to make new friends. These activities will help the children to stay active and have a great time during the summer vacation.
5. What Are the Advantages of Summer Camps?
Summer camps offer a variety of advantages for children. These include learning new things, making friends, developing skills and having fun. Children can learn new things such as how to swim, play a musical instrument or ride a bike at summer camps. They can also develop important skills such as teamwork, leadership and communication skills. Children can also have lots of fun playing a variety of games, doing arts and crafts or singing songs. In addition to learning new things and developing skills, children will also have the opportunity to meet other children from different backgrounds. This diversity will help them learn about different cultures and broaden their minds. Parents should encourage their children to participate in summer camps as it helps the child's physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
6. Why Summer Vacation is Good for Students?
Summer Vacation is quite recreational activity for children, it gives them a break from regular routine i.e. homework, school, classwork etc. a kind of quality time spent with family rejuvenates children mind and make them fresh for further studies post vacations. In that case, both parents and children get a break from their busy life. This is why summer vacation is important and its really meant to celebrate by any means.
7. Importance of Summer Camps for Children?
summer camps enhance children inner traits so they can come forward to as a volunteer to perform. There are the modes to make them extrovert and make them socialize with others, during camping they explore new things, find adventure, also experience some basic home activities.
8. What Makes Summer Vacation Apart From Winter Vacation?
In summer vacation children have ample time to indulge in various activities of their choices, whereas in winter vacation there is no such options left. During summer vacation you can plan for long holidays while in winter vacations because of the short span of time you can plan to move out of city as well.
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Special Education
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
summer vacation writing prompts
Resource types, all resource types, results for summer vacation writing prompts.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
Summer Vacation Digital Writing Prompts - Build a Picture Story Writing
FREE BACK TO SCHOOL "How I Spent My Summer Vacation " Writing or Drawing Prompt
My Dream Vacation Writing Activity, Writing Prompt, Summer writing
Spanish Summer Vacation Writing Prompt - Mis Vacaciones de Verano
My Summer Vacation Writing Prompt
Summer Vacation Writing Journal: Prompts , Puzzles, & Projects for the Summer !
Airplane Craft and Writing Prompts for Summer Vacation Center Activity
My Summer Vacation Writing Prompts
My Ultimate Summer Vacation Writing Prompt
Sensory Writing Prompt Spanish : Summer Beach Vacations - ESY (Escritura Verano)
Sensory Writing Prompt: Summer Beach Vacations - ESY
Summer Vacation Writing Prompt
- Word Document File
My Favorite Part of Summer Vacation Writing Prompt Paper
Summer Vacation Themed Writing Prompts with Sentence Starters
Summer Vacation Writing Prompts
Back to School Summer Vacation Writing Prompts in Spanish | Poster Activity
Spanish Back to School Summer Vacation Preterite Writing Prompts
Back to School Writing Prompts - Summer Vacation Prompts - NO PREP
Summer Vacation Reflection Writing Prompts | Printable Activity | Back to School
Summer Vacation Draw and Write Prompts
Summer Vacation - Writing Prompts
- Easel Activity
But First Let Me Take a Selfie! Summer Vacation Writing Prompt
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student Privacy
- Terms of Service
Summer Vacation Essay in English [150-250 Words]
Summer Vacation Essay: While writing the summer vacation essay, we first need to introduce the topic by explaining the importance of Summer vacation in life.
Table of Contents
Summer Vacation Essay
While writing the Summer Vacation essay, one should first introduce the topic of Summer Vacation essay first. To introduce the Summer Vacation Essay, we first need to explain why Summer vacations are important and then we need to give a brief overview of the Summer Vacation Essay in the introduction of the Summer Vacation Essay. After the introduction of the Summer Vacation essay, we can continue to write the detailed paragraphs to score good marks in the Summer Vacation Essay.
Summer Vacation Essay 500-700 Words
Summer Vacation Essay in English in 500-700 words is as follows:
Students can unwind and enjoy their free time throughout the summer vacation. It’s a chance to catch up on sleep, spend time with loved ones, and discover new interests or hobbies. Many students use their summer break to continue their English studies and skill development. During the summer break, parents should either take their kids on an outing to enjoy some fun in the sun or encourage them to read, write, and practice speaking English.
Each person’s life includes key summertime events. notably in the lives of children. hildren adore summer, which is the warmest season of the year. For children, this is a really intriguing and enjoyable time of year since they may enjoy their favourite fruits and ice cream. They also take pleasure in extended summer break from school. For kids, summer break is a crucial period. For them, this is a very joyful time. Children are free to engage in any activity they choose during these vacations. During the holidays, they like spending time with their parents, brothers, and sisters. The happiest time of the year for students is during the summer. due to the fact that they had some rest after attending school for a while.
Along with providing refuge from the heat, summer vacations also offer many other crucial benefits. Students need to take a break to enhance their health and viability after a demanding academic year since they feel weary and unmotivated to study after finals. Whether they are adults or children, everyone has the opportunity to learn something over the summer vacation. Everyone celebrates summer vacation in a different way; some like to go on a picnic with their family, while others travel abroad or stay at home and enjoy it.
While most boys prefer to play cricket in an open field during the summer, the majority of girls prefer to play badminton, football, etc. There are various fruits that are only available throughout the summer during the season. These fruits provide interest to the summer vacation, and eating fresh fruit and drinking fresh fruit juice make you feel more energized. Everyone has already made arrangements for the summer break. A few months in advance, new plans are especially made by children to make their summer vacations exciting. Everyone enjoys the summer break, so everyone makes an effort to make it special.
Some kids take advantage of their time off by getting tuition in their poor subject to improve it. When the last bell at school rings, children who are looking forward to the summer holidays turn them into summertime fun. Children look forward to summer vacation because it gives them a long respite from the hectic schedule of school and homework. Some individuals take vacations in the country or travel there to see certain historical and recreational sites. It’s time to put your studies aside and have a fun road trip away from home to a metropolis, a hill station, or any other peaceful location to escape the heat.
To provide the pupils a brief break from the summertime, schools offer summer breaks. Summer break is the perfect time to study, giving them a respite from the heat, and help the kids recuperate in their weaker subjects because too much heat may cause a lot of damage. Everyone often has their own way of spending the summer off, but the majority prefer to travel to regions that are cold. Students have time throughout the summer to work on academic projects, travel to new locations, and broaden their knowledge.
Children have the chance to interact with their family members, understand them, and have fun with them. Overall, we may conclude that summer vacation is crucial for everyone’s full growth.
This was Summer Vacation Essay in 500-700 words
Clean India Green India Essay in English for Class 5 to 10
Summer Vacation Essay 250 words in English
Summer Vacation Essay 250 words in English is as follows:
Throughout the summer break, students are free to relax and enjoy their leisure time. It’s an opportunity to catch up on sleep, spend time with loved ones, and learn about new hobbies or interests. Many students continue their English study and skill development over the summer holiday. Parents should either take their children on an excursion to enjoy some outdoor recreation or encourage them to read, write, and practise speaking English while school is out for the summer.
Some children use their free time to enhance their weak subject by enrolling in tutoring. Children that are eager for the summer break transform it into summertime fun when the school bell rings. Children often anticipate summer break because it provides them with a lengthy break from the demanding schedule of school and schoolwork. Some people visit the nation for vacations or to visit particular historical and recreational places. It’s time to put your studies on hold and take a relaxing road trip to a city, a hill station, or any other cool place to get away from the heat.
Although everyone frequently has a unique method of enjoying their summer vacation, the majority like to travel to colder climates. Throughout the summer, students have free time to concentrate on school assignments, explore new places, and increase their knowledge. Children get the chance to communicate with, comprehend, and enjoy themselves with their family members. Overall, we can draw the conclusion that everyone’s development somehow also depends on summer vacation.
This was Summer Vacation Essay 250 words in English.
Save Earth Essay In English for Class 3 to 8 Students
Essay on Summer Vacation 150 Words
essay on summer vacation 150 words is as follows:
Throughout the summer break, students are free to relax and enjoy their leisure time. It’s an opportunity to catch up on sleep, spend time with loved ones, and learn about new hobbies or interests. Many students continue their English study and skill development over the summer holiday.
Throughout the summer, students have free time to concentrate on school assignments, explore new places, and increase their knowledge. Children get the chance to communicate with, comprehend, and enjoy themselves with their family members.
Overall, we can draw the conclusion that everyone’s development somehow also depends on summer vacation.
This was essay on summer vacation 150 words.
My Favourite Teacher Essay in English
Summer Vacation Essay 10 lines
Summer vacation Essay 10 lines is as follows:
- Students can unwind and enjoy their free time throughout the summer vacation.
- It’s a chance to catch up on sleep, spend time with loved ones, and discover new interests or hobbies.
- Many students use their summer break to continue their English studies and skill development.
- During the summer break, parents should either take their kids on an outing to enjoy some fun in the sun and encourage them.
- Everyone often has their own way of spending the summer off, but the majority prefer to travel to regions that are cold.
- Students have time throughout the summer to work on academic projects, travel to new locations, and broaden their knowledge.
- Some children use their free time to enhance their weak subject by enrolling in tutoring.
- Children that are eager for the summer break transform it into summertime fun when the school bell rings.
- Children have the chance to interact with their family members, understand them, and have fun with them.
- Overall, summer vacation is crucial for everyone’s full growth.
This was Summer Vacation Essay in 10 lines.
Essay on Summer Vacation
Hello, my name is Narendra, and I am in class 3. I want to tell you all about my super fun summer vacation! Summer is a special time of the year when school is closed, and I get to take a break from my studies. I had a fantastic time during my summer break, filled with exciting adventures and lots of fun.
- Exploring Nature: During my summer vacation, I spent a lot of time outdoors, exploring the beauty of nature. I visited parks, gardens, and even went on a nature trail with my family. We saw colorful flowers, tall trees, and listened to the sweet songs of birds. I loved learning about different types of plants and insects. It was amazing to see butterflies fluttering around and squirrels playing in the trees.
- Beach Fun: One of the highlights of my summer vacation was going to the beach. The warm sand beneath my feet and the cool ocean waves made me feel so happy. I built sandcastles, played beach volleyball, and collected seashells. The best part was when I had a splash in the water and tried to catch the waves. I even went for a boat ride with my parents and saw dolphins jumping in the sea. It was truly an unforgettable experience.
- Family Time: Summer vacation also gave me the opportunity to spend quality time with my family. We went on picnics to beautiful spots, had barbecues in the backyard, and played board games together. We laughed a lot and created wonderful memories. We also visited our grandparents and had a great time listening to their stories and playing games with them. Family time is always special, and I cherish those moments.
- Learning Something New: I believe that vacations are not only about having fun but also about learning something new. During my summer break, I joined a swimming class and learned how to swim. It was a bit scary at first, but with the help of my instructor and the support of my parents, I overcame my fear and enjoyed every moment in the pool. Learning a new skill made me feel proud of myself.
My summer vacation was a fantastic adventure filled with joy, laughter, and new experiences. I had a great time exploring nature, playing at the beach, spending quality time with my family, and learning to swim. It was a break from school, but I also learned valuable life lessons and made wonderful memories that I will treasure forever. I cannot wait for the next summer vacation to have more exciting adventures!
Republic Day Essay in English
Summer Vacation Essay: QNAs
Ques. How do you write a summer vacation essay?
Ans. To write a Summer Vacation Essay we can write, Throughout the summer, students have free time to concentrate on school assignments, explore new places, and increase their knowledge. Children get the chance to communicate with, comprehend, and enjoy themselves with their family members. Overall, we can draw the conclusion that everyone’s development somehow also depends on summer vacation.
Ques. How do I spend my summer vacation Essay?
Ans. To write how did I spent summer vacation essay we can write, The best time to try new things and learn new abilities is right now. I enrolled in a summer camp during my break. It was the day camp that my school hosted.
Ques. How you spend your summer vacation essay 10 lines?
Ans. Summer Vacation Essay in 10 lines is as follows:
Ques. What is a summer vacation essay paragraph?
Ans. Summer Vacation essay paragraph can be written as, My favourite season of the year is during the summer because I can do all the things I like to do. These trips also give me the chance to broaden my knowledge and spend more time with my friends. During the summer, I go to see my grandparents, who reside in a remote village.
- My Dream Essay- My Start Up Dream Essay in 1500 Words
- My Village Essay in English for Class 7-10 in 1000 Words
- My Mother Essay for Class 9, 10 in English [150-200 Words]
- My Best Friend Essay In English 200 Words for Boys/Girls PDF
- Environmental Pollution Essay in English 1000 words
- My Aim in Life Essay in English for Class 8
- Online Education Essay in English (200-250) Words Paragraph & PDF
- Unemployment in India Essay in English for students
- Child Labour Essay in English for Students
Sharing is caring!
How do you write a summer vacation essay?
Throughout the summer, students have free time to concentrate on school assignments, explore new places, and increase their knowledge. Children get the chance to communicate with, comprehend, and enjoy themselves with their family members. Overall, we can draw the conclusion that everyone's development somehow also depends on summer vacation.
How do I spend my summer vacation?
The best time to try new things and learn new abilities is right now. I enrolled in a summer camp during my break. It was the day camp that my school hosted.
How you spend your summer vacation essay 10 lines?
Students can unwind and enjoy their free time throughout the summer vacation. It's a chance to catch up on sleep, spend time with loved ones, and discover new interests or hobbies. Many students use their summer break to continue their English studies and skill development. During the summer break, parents should either take their kids on an outing to enjoy some fun in the sun and encourage them. Everyone often has their own way of spending the summer off, but the majority prefer to travel to regions that are cold. Students have time throughout the summer to work on academic projects, travel to new locations, and broaden their knowledge. Some children use their free time to enhance their weak subject by enrolling in tutoring. Children that are eager for the summer break transform it into summertime fun when the school bell rings. Children have the chance to interact with their family members, understand them, and have fun with them. Overall, summer vacation is crucial for everyone's full growth.
What is a summer vacation paragraph?
My favourite season of the year is during the summer because I can do all the things I like to do. These trips also give me the chance to broaden my knowledge and spend more time with my friends. During the summer, I go to see my grandparents, who reside in a remote village.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- NEET Result 2023
- NCVT MIS ITI Result 2023 Link
- CUET Result 2023
- NEET Cut off 2023
- DU First Merit List 2023
- IBPS RRB PO Result 2023
- ICSI CS Executive Result 2023
CBSE Board Exam 2023
- CBSE Class 10 Answer Key All Subjects
- CBSE Class 12 Answer key All Subjects
- CBSE Result 2023
- CBSE 10th & 12th Datesheets
- CBSE Exam Guidelines
- CBSE 12th Exam Pattern
- CBSE 10th Exam Pattern
- CBSE Previous Year Papers
- CBSE Sample Papers
- CUET Syllabus 2023
- CUET Previous Year paper
- CUET Participating College & Universities
- RBSE 12th Class Result 2023
- GSEB HSC Result 2023
- ICSE 10th Result 2023
- JEE Main 2023
- JEE Main Syllabus 2023
- JEE Main Exam Analysis 2023
- JEE Main Admit card 2023
- NEET 2023
- NEET Result 2023
- NEET Syllabus 2024
- NEET State wise Cut off
- NEET Rank Predictor
- NEET OMR Sheet
- NEET College Predictor
Important exams, ncert solutions.
- NCERT Class 12
- NCERT Class 11
- NCERT Class 10
- NCERT Class 9
- CBSE Class 12
- CBSE Class 11
- CBSE Class 10
- CBSE Class 9
- CBSE Result
- CBSE Date Sheet 2023
Our Other Websites
- Teachers Adda
- Bankers Adda
- Adda Malayalam
- Adda Punjab
- Current Affairs
- Defence Adda
- Adda Bengali
- Engineers Adda
- Adda Marathi
- Adda School
Get all your queries solved in one single place. We at Adda247 school strive each day to provide you the best material across the online education industry. We consider your struggle as our motivation to work each day.
Download Adda247 App
Follow us on
- Responsible Disclosure Program
- Cancellation & Refunds
- Terms & Conditions
Touring the Top 10 Moscow Metro Stations
By Claudia Looi 2 Comments
Komsomolskaya metro station looks like a museum. It has vaulted ceilings and baroque decor.
Hidden underground, in the heart of Moscow, are historical and architectural treasures of Russia. These are Soviet-era creations – the metro stations of Moscow.
Our guide Maria introduced these elaborate metro stations as “the palaces for the people.” Built between 1937 and 1955, each station holds its own history and stories. Stalin had the idea of building beautiful underground spaces that the masses could enjoy. They would look like museums, art centers, concert halls, palaces and churches. Each would have a different theme. None would be alike.
The two-hour private tour was with a former Intourist tour guide named Maria. Maria lived in Moscow all her life and through the communist era of 60s to 90s. She has been a tour guide for more than 30 years. Being in her 60s, she moved rather quickly for her age. We traveled and crammed with Maria and other Muscovites on the metro to visit 10 different metro stations.
Arrow showing the direction of metro line 1 and 2
Moscow subways are very clean
To Maria, every street, metro and building told a story. I couldn’t keep up with her stories. I don’t remember most of what she said because I was just thrilled being in Moscow. Added to that, she spilled out so many Russian words and names, which to one who can’t read Cyrillic, sounded so foreign and could be easily forgotten.
The metro tour was the first part of our all day tour of Moscow with Maria. Here are the stations we visited:
1. Komsomolskaya Metro Station is the most beautiful of them all. Painted yellow and decorated with chandeliers, gold leaves and semi precious stones, the station looks like a stately museum. And possibly decorated like a palace. I saw Komsomolskaya first, before the rest of the stations upon arrival in Moscow by train from St. Petersburg.
2. Revolution Square Metro Station (Ploshchad Revolyutsii) has marble arches and 72 bronze sculptures designed by Alexey Dushkin. The marble arches are flanked by the bronze sculptures. If you look closely you will see passersby touching the bronze dog's nose. Legend has it that good luck comes to those who touch the dog's nose.
Touch the dog's nose for good luck. At the Revolution Square station
Revolution Square Metro Station
3. Arbatskaya Metro Station served as a shelter during the Soviet-era. It is one of the largest and the deepest metro stations in Moscow.
Arbatskaya Metro Station
4. Biblioteka Imeni Lenina Metro Station was built in 1935 and named after the Russian State Library. It is located near the library and has a big mosaic portrait of Lenin and yellow ceramic tiles on the track walls.
Lenin's portrait at the Biblioteka Imeni Lenina Metro Station
5. Kievskaya Metro Station was one of the first to be completed in Moscow. Named after the capital city of Ukraine by Kiev-born, Nikita Khruschev, Stalin's successor.
Kievskaya Metro Station
6. Novoslobodskaya Metro Station was built in 1952. It has 32 stained glass murals with brass borders.
Novoslobodskaya metro station
7. Kurskaya Metro Station was one of the first few to be built in Moscow in 1938. It has ceiling panels and artwork showing Soviet leadership, Soviet lifestyle and political power. It has a dome with patriotic slogans decorated with red stars representing the Soviet's World War II Hall of Fame. Kurskaya Metro Station is a must-visit station in Moscow.
Ceiling panel and artworks at Kurskaya Metro Station
8. Mayakovskaya Metro Station built in 1938. It was named after Russian poet Vladmir Mayakovsky. This is one of the most beautiful metro stations in the world with 34 mosaics painted by Alexander Deyneka.
One of the over 30 ceiling mosaics in Mayakovskaya metro station
9. Belorusskaya Metro Station is named after the people of Belarus. In the picture below, there are statues of 3 members of the Partisan Resistance in Belarus during World War II. The statues were sculpted by Sergei Orlov, S. Rabinovich and I. Slonim.
10. Teatralnaya Metro Station (Theatre Metro Station) is located near the Bolshoi Theatre.
Teatralnaya Metro Station decorated with porcelain figures .
Taking the metro's escalator at the end of the tour with Maria the tour guide.
Have you visited the Moscow Metro? Leave your comment below.
January 15, 2017 at 8:17 am
An excellent read! Thanks for much for sharing the Russian metro system with us. We're heading to Moscow in April and exploring the metro stations were on our list and after reading your post, I'm even more excited to go visit them. Thanks again 🙂
December 6, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Hi, do you remember which tour company you contacted for this tour?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Vacation Rentals
- Things to do
- Elektrostal Tourism
- Elektrostal Hotels
- Elektrostal Bed and Breakfast
- Elektrostal Vacation Rentals
- Flights to Elektrostal
- Elektrostal Restaurants
- Things to Do in Elektrostal
- Elektrostal Travel Forum
- Elektrostal Photos
- Elektrostal Map
- Elektrostal Travel Guide
- All Elektrostal Hotels
- Elektrostal Hotel Deals
- Elektrostal Hostels
- Elektrostal Business Hotels
- Elektrostal Family Hotels
- Elektrostal Spa Resorts
- 3-stars Hotels in Elektrostal
- Elektrostal Hotels with Game room
- Elektrostal Hotels with Banquet hall
- Hotels near Museum of Labor Glory
- Hotels near Viki Cinema
- Hotels near Galereya Kino
- Hotels near Statue of Lenin
- Hotels near Park of Culture and Leisure
- Hotels near Electrostal History and Art Museum
- Hotels near Banya
- Hotels near Museum and Exhibition Center
- Hotels near SmokyGrove
- Hotels near Papa Lounge Bar
- Hotels near Elektrostal Station
- Hotels near Fryazevo Station
- Hotels near Khrapunovo Station
- Hotels near Metallurg Station
- Hotels near Kovrigino Station
- Hotels near Pavlovskiy Posad Station
- Hotels near Elektrogorsk Station
- Hotels near Zakharovo Station
- Hotels near Noginsk Station
- Hotels near Ivanteevka Station
- Zhukovsky International Airport Hotels
- Vnukovo Airport Hotels
- Domodedovo Airport Hotels
- Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Secrets Moxche Playa del Carmen
- Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Lombok Senggigi Hotel
- Hotel Riu Palace Kukulkan
- Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort
- Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica
- Royalton Splash Riviera Cancun
- Horseshoe Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Melia Punta Cana Beach
- ARIA Resort & Casino
- ATELIER Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Oyster Bay
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Popular All-Inclusive Resorts
- Popular Beach Resorts
- Popular Family Resorts
- Popular All-Inclusive Hotels
- Popular Hotels With Waterparks
- Popular Honeymoon Resorts
- Popular Luxury Resorts
- Popular All-Inclusive Family Resorts
- Popular Golf Resorts
- Popular Spa Resorts
- Popular Cheap Resorts
- Travel Guides
- Things to Do
- Travel Stories
- Rental Cars
- Add a Place
- Travel Forum
- Travelers' Choice
- Help Center
- Central Russia
- Moscow Oblast
View prices for your travel dates
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.