450+ Awesome Topics and Ideas for Top-Notch Essay
The most crucial step in preparing an essay is selecting a topic, yet most students regretfully ignore this part. In many cases, the quality of the essay depends on the topic you select. Therefore, choosing the appropriate topic simplifies composing something you'll be satisfied with.
Here are some suggestions from our college paper writing service for selecting good essay topics to ease your task.
- Find something that piques your curiosity - Your writing will reflect your zeal. Choose a perspective that could make the subject intriguing to you if you have no other alternative.
- Reduce the scope of your subject to something manageable - Whatever you choose to write on, consider if you have enough room to adequately cover the subject and support your argument. Your initial concept will almost always be overly expansive. Continue to refine it until it is reasonable.
- Begin your research - If you have a general concept of things to write essays about but don't know how to start, look through some books for inspiration. Check up on the subject online or in the news. Browse online for photographs related to the subject to see what you can discover. You could come upon the viewpoint you're seeking.
- Revive an idea - Consider whether there is a subject you have already written about that you might utilize for this essay. You might even be able to reuse studies or portions of previous writing. You might be able to just focus on a related subject or a different angle on the same concept.
- Brainstorm essays topics list - Make a list of your ideas or the items you are interested in. If your subject constitutes a great president, write down some terms that come to mind when you think of a president or list the names of politicians you respect and your reasons for doing so. Go through a dictionary and note any fascinating terms or concepts that catch your attention.
Ideas for Essay by Category
Based on your study area, you may likely face various writings in school. However, the most typical essay topics are these four. You'll probably need to produce at least a few of these pieces, particularly if you finish your undergraduate coursework.
As the name suggests, a persuasive essay's main objective is to persuade the reader. Challenging, compelling, and rational writing should be used to convince readers. Contrary to expository essays, which may also advocate a viewpoint or particular cause, persuasive essay topics include opinion-based writing that focuses less on specific facts.
In expository essays, facts are presented. They mandate that students conduct research, look into a subject, and provide a position based only on factual data instead of an opinion. Expository essay topics are written with solid reasoning and employ factual, scientific articles.
The main goal of descriptive writing is to create a mental image of the subject. While writing descriptive essay topics, be prepared to discuss your primary subject and utilize several adjectives. You can describe an individual, a site, an event, or even a feeling. Here you won't be asked to write in the first person like you would in a narrative essay.
The purpose of narrative essay topics is often to convey a tale built on the author's personal experiences. Usually, a narrative essay uses a story to illustrate an idea. They adhere to a common essay structure (introduction, body, and conclusion) and have a motif. Characters and action are also present.
Next, we'll discuss comprehensive essay topic ideas that will serve as a source of inspiration for your upcoming assignment.
Topics for Technology Essay
In today's environment, technology is the driving force. Both cultural changes and technological improvements have significantly influenced the growth of human civilization. Thus, picking good essay topics about technology will provide you with plenty of material to draw on. Let's explore some effective essay topics recommended by our custom essay writing service.
- Exploring the Potential of Quantum Computing for Complex Problem-solving.
- The Effects of Automation and Artificial Intelligence on Employment and Reskilling.
- Biotechnology's Contribution to Personalized Medicine: Advantages and Challenges.
- Understanding the Pros and Cons of Manufacturing with 3D Printing.
- The Application of Drone Technology in Logistics and Delivery: Benefits and Risks.
- Smart Cities: Transforming Urban Life and Its Implications.
- The Ethical Implications of Facial Recognition Technology.
- The Future of Space Exploration and Colonization.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Renewable Energy Sources.
- The Significance of Brain-Computer Interfaces in Advancing Human-Computer Interaction.
- The Evolving Landscape of Cybersecurity Threats and Defense Strategies.
- The Applications of Nanotechnology in Industry and Medicine.
- The Ethical Implications of Autonomous Transportation and Vehicles.
- Gene Editing: Potential and Ethics.
- The Impact of Big Data on Society and Business.
- Augmented Reality: Educational and Entertainment Applications.
- Future of Sustainable Agriculture and Food Production: Challenges and Innovations.
- The Role of Technology in Mitigating Climate Change.
- Telemedicine and Its Growth: Transforming Healthcare Access and Delivery.
- Virtual Assistants: Potential to Boost Productivity in Different Sectors.
- Blockchain Technology in Finance: Advantages and Drawbacks.
- Understanding How Technology Shapes Human Behavior and Interaction.
- Disease Prediction and Prevention through Machine Learning: Opportunities and Challenges.
- The Ethical Implications of Deploying Robots in the Workplace.
- The Significance of Technology in Sharing and Preserving Cultural Heritage.
Cause and Effect Essay Ideas
To write on cause and effect essay topics, you should primarily identify a situation in which an action has effects or consequences. The next step is for you to describe what happened. If you're having trouble coming up with interesting essay topics, have a look through this list.
- The impact of climate change on global migration patterns.
- The relationship between social media use and mental health issues.
- The role of fast food consumption in contributing to obesity rates.
- The influence of technology on human communication and relationships.
- The public health effects of air pollution.
- The impact of social media on political polarization.
- The effects of sleep deprivation on cognitive function.
- The correlation between parental divorce and child development.
- The impact of the internet on the spread of false information.
- The relationship between stress and physical and mental health.
- The correlation between poverty and crime rates.
- The effect of violent video games on aggressive behavior.
- Social mobility as affected by income inequality.
- The connection between life expectancy and access to healthcare.
- Media representation's impact on body image.
- The effects of substance abuse on academic achievement.
- The correlation between unemployment and mental health issues.
- The influence of social media on body shaming and self-esteem.
- The impact of political polarization on public policy.
- The connection between childhood trauma and adult mental health.
- The impact of globalization on job availability and pay.
- The influence of music on emotions and mood.
- The role of parental involvement in academic success.
- The impact of advertising on consumer behavior.
- The mental health effects of social isolation.
- The connection between income and access to nutritious food.
- The impact of online shopping on traditional retail establishments.
- The physical and mental effects of alcohol consumption.
- The relationship between exercise and mental and physical health.
- How does birth order influence personality traits?
Problem Solution Essay Topics
One of their strongest features is that the problem-solution essay topic has a very obvious format. You must state the issue, discuss its significance, outline your proposed fix, and justify why it is the best option. Our essay writer will help you in your writing endeavors by compiling a list of things to write about.
- Finding a sustainable solution for single-use plastics.
- Reducing carbon footprint by transitioning to alternative energy sources.
- Ending urban homelessness through targeted policies and initiatives.
- Providing access to quality education for underprivileged children.
- Promoting fair labor policies to address income inequality.
- Eliminating workplace prejudice and segregation.
- Reforming law enforcement to address police brutality and systemic racism.
- Combating food insecurity in underdeveloped regions through targeted efforts.
- Raising awareness and promoting de-stigmatization of mental health issues.
- Encouraging workplace diversity and closing the gender pay gap.
- Ensuring affordable healthcare for all citizens.
- Addressing drug addiction and providing access to rehabilitation.
- Promoting environmentally friendly farming methods to combat climate change.
- Increasing the use of renewable energy sources to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
- Expanding access to affordable housing in urban areas.
- Promoting animal welfare and ending animal cruelty.
- Addressing the issue of gun violence and implementing effective measures for gun control.
- Combating cyberbullying and promoting online safety.
- Providing support for active-duty and veteran military personnel.
- Promoting healthy habits to fight obesity and prevent long-term illnesses.
- Reducing air pollution in metropolitan areas through sustainable transportation options.
- Promoting responsible waste management practices to protect the environment.
- Ensuring senior citizen rights and protecting against elder abuse.
- Providing affordable options for childcare to working parents.
- Preventing domestic violence and offering support to victims.
- Addressing corruption in the police force and promoting accountability.
- Increasing civic engagement and empowering voters.
- Supporting small businesses and promoting entrepreneurship.
- Addressing the issue of income insecurity for freelance and gig workers.
- Promoting media literacy and combating the spread of fake news.
Informative Essay Topics
You may demonstrate your knowledge by writing informative essays. They all focus on educating the reader without attempting to convince or express an opinion. Let's look at some good essay topics catering to all age groups and preferences.
- Studying the meaning of tattoos in various cultures and time periods.
- Examining how virtual entertainment affects social interaction and communication today.
- Comparing homeschooling and traditional education to identify pros and cons.
- Understanding the science of sleep and its importance for overall health.
- Analyzing how the Industrial Revolution impacted society and history.
- Weighing the pros and cons of remote work and telecommuting in today's job market.
- Investigating different forms of dance and their cultural significance.
- Exploring the research and potential uses of artificial intelligence.
- Analyzing the global impact and history of the feminist movement.
- Evaluating various forms of exercise to identify their advantages and disadvantages.
- Examining the effects of climate change on ecosystems and wildlife.
- Investigating the origins and cultural significance of various martial arts.
- Comprehending the science behind the immune system of the human body and its function in fighting infections.
- Examining the ancient Greek civilization's cultural and historical significance.
- Investigating how video games influence behavior and cognitive development.
- Evaluating different mindfulness and meditation practices and their benefits and drawbacks.
- Investigating the cultural origins and significance of different types of cuisine.
- Understanding how renewable energy works and its ability to fight climate change.
- Exploring the history and significance of ancient Roman civilization.
- Weighing the pros and cons of various forms of alternative medicine.
- Investigating the origins and cultural significance of different forms of theater.
- Understanding the science behind climate patterns and their global impact on weather.
- Analyzing the cultural and historical significance of the Renaissance.
- Examining the emotional and mental effects of music on individuals.
- Evaluating different diets and their potential impact on health.
- Following the history of the English language from the past to now.
- Grasping the scientific basics and potential uses of genetic engineering in farming and medicine.
- Studying the historical and social effects of the Civil Rights Movement in the US.
- Examining how technology has affected education and its role in contemporary learning.
- Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of various modes of transportation for individuals and society.
Wish You Could Write a Paper of Top Quality?
Give our skilled staff of writers access to your most challenging writing projects, and they will produce high-quality work in a flash.
Research Essay Topics
You may not be aware of the sheer volume of responsibilities you will likely have throughout college. When it comes to delivering research papers on time, it could leave you feeling overloaded and drained. Thankfully, our dissertation writing help provided you with excellent research essay topics.
- The impact of microplastics on marine ecosystems and their inhabitants.
- The correlation between mindfulness practices and increased job satisfaction and productivity in the workplace.
- Exploring the cultural significance and history of body modification practices across different regions of the world.
- The adverse effects of light pollution on both wildlife behavior and human health.
- The influence of gut microbiota on mental health and neurological disorders.
- Analyzing healthcare access and outcomes for immigrant populations due to language and cultural barriers.
- Examining the efficacy of art therapy as a treatment for mental health conditions.
- The effects of urbanization on environmental sustainability and civil liberties.
- Empathy's role in facilitating successful communication and conflict resolution.
- The use of mindfulness and meditation practices in managing chronic pain.
- The importance of diversity in various social orders and religions and its representation in imagery.
- Analyzing the impact of music therapy on the mental health and cognitive development of children with autism.
- The significance of Afrofuturism in literature, music, and art, and its historical and cultural roots.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of restorative justice practices in reducing recidivism rates in the criminal justice system.
- Investigating the cultural significance and historical context of mythology and folklore in various societies.
- The impact of animal-assisted therapy on psychological and spiritual well-being.
- The effects of climate change on global food security and agricultural practices.
- Exploring how mindfulness practices can alleviate anxiety and depression among college students.
- The history, relevance, and contemporary use of traditional indigenous healing methods in healthcare.
- Examining the correlation between parental involvement, academic achievement and K-12 student success.
Education Essay Topics
Certain themes always seem to come up while writing an essay on education. Some people find the constant discussion about education and schools to be a bit much, and when you're engaged in a topic, it may be challenging to come up with the ideal essay topic. Yet, to assist you in your quest for knowledge, we have compiled a list of ideas because of the importance of educational essay writing.
Good College Essay Topics
- How education has been affected by technology and how learning and teaching have changed.
- The role that the teacher plays in encouraging students' creativity and ability to think critically.
- The crucial role that inclusive education plays in creating a society that is just and fair.
- The advantages and disadvantages of online education, as well as its effect on academic achievement.
- The impact of standardized testing on student achievement and education quality.
- The significance of extracurricular activities in boosting academic participation and achievement among students.
- The significance of cultural diversity in education and the ways in which it enhances the educational experience for all students.
- How financial literacy instruction prepares students for personal and professional success.
- How parents and families can help students succeed academically and support them.
- The significance of early childhood education in determining academic and professional success in the future.
- Educational outcomes and opportunities are influenced by socioeconomic status.
- The significance of hands-on instruction in preparing students for employment.
- The significance of peer support and mentorship in promoting achievement and success among students.
- The advantages and disadvantages of education in a global society that is changing quickly.
- The significance of education in promoting equality and social justice in our societies and communities.
Essay On School
- Is it necessary to have physical education as a compulsory subject in high school?
- Every student should be mandated to receive the necessary vaccinations at school, except for rare cases.
- The comparison between public and private education.
- Which course should be a compulsory requirement for high school graduation?
- Narrate your experience of relocating to a new place and starting a new school.
Student Life Essay
- What is the reason for considering our college years as the most enjoyable period of our lives?
- The freedom to express oneself on college campuses.
- The repayment of loans taken out to finance higher education.
- The compensation of athletes who participate in college sports.
- What influenced your decision to choose this particular university?
- What career aspirations do you have upon completing your college education?
- Should high school graduates take a break before starting college?
- Tell us some funny stories from your college days.
- What's the most difficult part of college life for you?
- How is college different from high school in terms of academics and social life?
Personal Essay Topics
Personal essay topics explore your lifestyle, ideas, and encounters. Readers will gain insight into your most private life events and thoughts from this kind of paper. The secret to success is to try to merge viewpoints and storytelling. The ideas listed below might serve as inspiration for you.
Essay About Yourself
- How was the first time you met a significant other in your life?
- Which works of art do you find particularly inspiring or impressive?
- What was your biggest letdown so far?
- Are you reliant on technology?
- What is your most difficult experience?
- Have you witnessed an animal outside of its usual environment?
- Can you share your experience of being home alone for the first time?
- Have you encountered any unfavorable situations while traveling or on vacation?
- What does success mean to you personally?
- What are your preferred outdoor pursuits?
My Hobby Essay
- Can hobbies be a viable career option?
- In what ways can choosing the right hobby impact your life?
- Exploring the possibility of a career in photography.
- The benefits and enjoyment of art collecting as a hobby.
- Traveling as a popular leisure pursuit.
- The joys of stamp collecting as a hobby.
- The future of a lifelong hobby of video gaming.
- How to turn your passion into a profitable eBay business.
- Finding fulfillment in volunteer work.
- Crafting candles as a delightful hobby.
- What recollections do you have of your parents as children? Mention a few defining moments
- Consider a situation in which you acted improperly. Explain the occurrence and the emotions it brought about
- Consider a situation from your upbringing that caused you to feel terrified or nervous. Explain both the actual occurrence and the emotions it brought about
- Name a game or activity you once engaged in with your sister
- What happy childhood recollections do you have? Describe a specific incident and the emotions it brought about
- Recall winning a contest at school
- What was the most enjoyable school project?
- Describe a performance you participated in as a child
- How would you describe your kindergarten teacher?
- How did your childhood summer vacations make you feel?
My Best Friend Essay
- The concept of personal companionship.
- Positive qualities of my best friend.
- An example of how a best friend is defined as a bond of companionship.
- Comparing the qualifications between my closest friend and myself.
- The importance of communication in a close friendship.
- Lessons learned from the experience of losing a best friend.
- The impact of social networking sites on fake friendships.
- The relationship between gender stereotypes and female friendships.
- Exploring the challenges that foreign students face when making friends.
- Understanding the universal significance of friendship.
Ideas for an Opinion Essay
You may think of topics for an opinion essay as types of sentences that sum up the entire piece. The same holds for any piece of writing that expresses a viewpoint. Excellent discussion topics should relate to the core subjects and the student's strongest competencies. A good opinion essay poses an issue, formulates a question, and then makes a statement. Below are some inspirational opinion topic examples for essay writing.
- Why might it be ethically problematic to work for GreenPeace?
- How does video gaming affect violence on college campuses?
- Should educators provide training to their students?
- Effective strategies for reducing depression among young people.
- Should parents have access to online monitoring tools for their children's entertainment?
- Should colleges limit the study of English literature?
- What role does culture play in historical periods?
- What distinguishes obesity from being overweight?
- How has globalization affected traditional fashion trends?
- How does social media contribute to political polarization in the United States?
- Why is proper grammar important to maintain?
- Is the American family value system at risk?
- Should the US alter its military approach?
- Should medical schools incorporate cultural education into their curriculum?
- What are the signs of a generational divide?
- Why is mass-produced chicken often unhealthy?
- How much of the climate change is human-caused?
- Should secret clinical data be open to people in general?
- In the future, what personal characteristics will be most important?
- How does parental anger lead to dysfunctional parenting?
Ideas for Nature Essay
Nature essay topics may examine how human activity affects the environment or how nature affects people. There are several directions that nature essays might go in. Ones that describe how beautiful nature is might motivate readers. On the other hand, an essay on pollution can be thought-provoking and encourage one to act. You may also use an informative essay on environmental pollution to explain how people harm the environment. Let's explore the next areas of nature essay ideas for more details.
- Current global environmental challenges.
- How global warming is affecting the environment.
- The use of green taxes to manage the environment.
- The ecological consequences of releasing medical waste.
- The environmental footprint of bottled water.
- The natural benefits of green infrastructure.
- The influence of population growth on the environment.
- The safety of genetically modified foods for the ecosystem.
- The impact of technology on the natural environment.
- How green energy is affecting sustainability and the environment.
Essay on Deforestation
- A historical overview of deforestation and its impact on the environment.
- How ecosystems respond to logging and deforestation.
- The destruction of tropical rainforests and its consequences.
- Solutions to combat deforestation and its effects.
- The negative consequences of excessive harvesting and deforestation.
- Analyzing the patterns and underlying factors behind the deforestation of the Amazon.
- The relationship between biodiversity in the Brazilian Amazon and deforestation.
- What steps should the government of Brazil take to halt the deforestation of the Amazon?
- An overview of efforts to address the problem of deforestation.
- Assessing human responsibility for deforestation in rainforests.
- The impact of climate change on air pollution.
- The consequences of atmospheric pollution as a pressing issue.
- The negative effects of noise pollution.
- Examining historical concepts and traditions of cultural toxins.
- Strategies to mitigate the effects of toxins.
- Assessing the level of pollution in the Middle East.
- Available technologies to reduce vehicle emissions.
- Contamination caused by automobiles in the US.
- Chloramine in drinking water as a symptom of worsening pollution.
- The economic implications of commercial pollution in China.
Water Pollution Essay
- Causes, consequences, and potential solutions for water pollution
- Problems associated with water pollution
- Description of the ocean pollution issue
- The effects of human activity on marine pollution
- The UAE's approach to managing water pollution
- An economic perspective on water pollution
- Causes and solutions for water pollution in the US
- Plans for preventing water pollution caused by storm
- Health hazards related to water pollution
- Problems with Coca-Cola and water pollution
My Favorite Season
- What makes summer my favorite season?
- The sun during fall
- Winter as my favorite season: Christmas spirit
- Why I love Spring the most: revival of nature
- Summer as my favorite season: summer festivals
- Why I enjoy the Fall the most: Halloween and the Thanksgiving holidays
- Snow in Winter: my happy season
- Swimming in the ocean vs. skiing on the slopes: which one do I enjoy the most
- Positive and negative impacts of cold weather on mood: why do I still love it
- List your three favorite things about each season
A Raining Day Essay
- Why is it commonly believed that heavy rainfall at night aids in sleep? Have you personally experienced this before?
- Consider collecting and purifying rainwater if your home lacks a reliable water source.
- Recall a time when you felt secure, comfortable, and content while it rained outside. Provide as much detail as possible.
- Although rainy days are often disliked, they may be necessary for various reasons. In your opinion, when is rain most beneficial?
- Imagine getting lost in the woods during rainfall. How would you construct a shelter to protect yourself?
Psychology Topics for Essay
As psychology has several subfields, you must be aware of which ones to focus on while writing a strong essay. If you need ideas, have a look at the following psychological topics for essay:
- How to stop bullying using psychology.
- Why aging slows down: psychological explanations.
- The impact of parenting styles on child growth.
- Factors affecting language learning ability.
- Root causes of prejudice and bigotry.
- Benefits of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for delinquents.
- Medical consequences of sleep deprivation.
- Causes of multiple personality disorder.
- Current state of human selfishness.
- Reasons for the increase in childhood anorexia.
- Important aspects of family social cognition.
- How family group behavior shapes human nature.
- Role of media in promoting violence.
- Harmful effects of psychological debriefing for trauma survivors.
- Ethics and code of conduct in psychology.
- Types of mental disorders and their characteristics.
- Psychology of anxiety disorders.
- The future of psychology.
- Applying organizational psychology in practice.
- Tools and techniques in organizational psychology.
- Investigating the psychology of serial killers.
- Applying social psychology to the classroom.
- Putting psychology into practice.
- how social media affects mental health and well-being.
- the morality of incorporating AI into decision-making processes.
Gender Equality Essay
There are many different concerns in the field of gender studies. Nonetheless, you must select an original gender equality essay topic from among them, such as the salary gap, the bias against women in the classroom, women empowerment essay topics, etc. Here are a few pointers that may help you choose an excellent topic.
- Gender role changes in families
- Prejudice and patriarchal patterns in literature
- Gender norms in Middle Eastern cultures
- Evolution of gender roles over time
- Equality for all workers
- Combating toxic masculinity
- Women's rights and lack thereof
- Major movements for women's rights
- Addressing gender disparity in American culture
- Obstacles to achieving gender equality at work
- Importance of addressing gender inequality
- Gender-based salary gaps by age
- Challenges of male obedience to female authority
- Gender norms on television
- Equity in household labor division
- Effectiveness of state-enforced gender equality laws
- Progress and future of women's equality in western society
- Relationship between peace and gender equality
- Economic growth and gender equality
- The impact of gender on mental health and well-being.
Proposal Essay Topics
Proposals can be prepared for a scholarly audience like your teacher or students or a broader audience like a government entity or corporation. Everyone studying in high school or college will find our list of proposal essay topics helpful; if you find one you like, feel free to take it and begin researching.
- How can we get the next generation to quit smoking?
- Promoting academics' quest for a cancer cure
- Us government should implement a new policy
- It is important to be candid about politics' criminal history
- Fostering community cooperation to enhance the lives of war veterans
- The first issue the new president should prioritize in his policies
- Increasing technological development to improve work results
- Putting together teams to combat cyberbullying
- Keeping technological use and overuse in check
- Everyone should know the new internet safety regulations
- How to prevent players from feeling down after a match
- Changing cruel practices: hunting is not a sport
- Choosing the best pay for college and professional sportsmen
- Making speeches successful regardless of the audience
- How to reduce child entitlement problems
- Why a formal approach to negotiations is ineffective and better alternatives
- How to prevent a company from bankruptcy
- Why female attendance at business negotiations is always recommended
- Putting an end to the notion that fiction affects morals
- How can you convince your people that immigration is not that costly?
Process Analysis Essay Topics
Outstanding process analysis essay topics are necessary for crafting a decent paper. Process essay topics allow you to format your piece effectively and offer your ideas to the target audience in a way they can grasp. Let's go through the list for inspiration:
- Ways to encourage the younger generation to quit smoking
- Supporting research efforts to find a cure for cancer
- Proposed policy changes for the US government to implement
- Addressing the criminal history of politics with transparency
- Collaborating with communities to improve the lives of veterans
- Prioritizing important issues for the new president's policies
- Utilizing technology to enhance work productivity
- Forming teams to tackle cyberbullying
- Promoting responsible use of technology
- Education on new internet safety regulations for everyone
- Strategies to prevent athletes from experiencing post-match depression
- Ending inhumane practices: hunting is not a sport
- Determining fair compensation for college and professional athletes
- Effective techniques for delivering successful speeches to any audience
- Solutions to reduce entitlement issues in children
- Alternative approaches to formal negotiation methods
- Preventing a company from going bankrupt
- The benefits of having women participate in business negotiations
- Dispelling the myth that fiction negatively impacts morals
- How to communicate the positive impact of immigration to skeptics
Essay Ideas on Stereotypes
Because stereotypes are such a pervasive societal problem, educators often encourage students to reflect on them. The only way to create stereotype topics for essays is to identify the societal and daily thought patterns, trace their links, and record them in writing. After learning how to create a stereotype essay, you can look for the ideal topic examples for essay. So, let's explore them together:
- The impact of modern toys on reinforcing gender stereotypes in the US
- Using anthropology to analyze and challenge stereotypes
- Media's perpetuation of stereotypes
- Stereotyping of White Women in popular media
- Hollywood's use of Asian stereotypes in movies
- The role of behavior in perpetuating stereotypes
- Empowerment or victimization? Women in the trap music industry and gender stereotypes
- Understanding stereotypes: awareness and empathy
- Examining the typical stereotype of African women
- The evolution of the schemer stereotype
- The stereotype of women being bad drivers
- Stereotypical cues in assessing mathematical ability
- The influence of Americanization on the development of Indian stereotypes
- The impact of sweeping generalizations on age-related cognitive performance
- Pros and cons of fitting into stereotypical images
- Western detective novels and their use of stereotypes
- Women's societal roles and the stereotype of women
- Does the fear of stereotypes affect women's ability?
- The effects of rap music on the negative stereotype of black Americans
- Gender stereotypes promoted in advertisements
Ideas on Essay about COVID-19
The Coronavirus has overrun the planet, which has kept us indoors. Life, as we know it, has transformed. As a result, leaving us with far more questions than solutions. As the epidemic has affected practically every aspect of our lives, it is crucial to comprehend it by composing interesting essay topics on this matter:
- The effect of the pandemic on mental health: Is there a rise in mental health issues?
- Defining a pandemic: How has COVID-19 been classified compared to historical pandemics?
- The global economic impact of COVID-19: How has the pandemic affected the economy?
- Myths and facts about the Coronavirus: Examining misconceptions and hypotheses about the virus's origin.
- COVID-19 response across nations: How have different countries handled the pandemic?
- Europe's vulnerability to the Coronavirus: Why was the region severely affected?
- US-China relations during the pandemic: How has the Coronavirus affected the relationship between the two nations?
- The media's role in COVID-19 awareness: How has the media aided in spreading awareness about the virus?
- The spread of misinformation about the Coronavirus: How has false information created panic and worry globally?
- COVID-19's impact on sports: How has the virus affected athletics negatively?
- Postponed sporting events due to COVID-19: How many events have been affected?
- COVID-19 and religion: What impact has the virus had on religious practices and institutions?
- The Church's response to the pandemic: Why has it taken a hit?
- COVID-19's effect on human life: How has the virus changed the way we live?
- Nuclear families and remote work: How has working from home impacted families?
- Environmental impacts of the pandemic: Are the positive effects on the environment long-lasting?
- COVID-19 and air pollution: How has the virus contributed to a decline in pollution?
- The global impact of COVID-19 on education: What effect has the pandemic had on schooling worldwide?
- What effects has the pandemic had on the mental health of workers at the front lines?
- Examining the role that technology plays in dealing with the pandemic and responding to it.
Topics for Essay Based on Proverbs
Proverbs are a powerful tool for writing that may increase the impact of your points and assist your readers in believing you when you employ them. Let's examine some sayings that will make powerful topics for essays:
- 'Birds of a feather flock together.' - You might apply this as the topic of your essay to talk about how individuals prefer to hang out with those who are similar to them.
- 'You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs' - This essay topic might describe a moment when you attempted something new, and people frequently became furious. You should stop thinking about those folks and concentrate on the outcome.
- 'Actions speak louder than words’ - This might serve as the essay's title to suggest that action is required because simply saying something is insufficient.
- 'The early bird catches the worm' - You might utilize this as the subject of an essay to discuss how getting up early and starting your job can help you achieve in life.
- 'There's no such thing as a free lunch' - You might employ this as the subject of your essay to talk about how items that are given out for free usually come with a price tag.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Identifying and evaluating the distinctions and patterns between two subjects that fall under the same category is the focus of a compare and contrast essay. If you've been assigned to write such a paper, you should seek engaging comparative essay topics. So, take a look at some related essay questions examples created by our essay help platform:
- Is online learning better than traditional classroom education?
- Is buying a house preferable to investing in stocks?
- What distinguishes e-commerce from traditional physical retail?
- What differentiates a leader from a manager?
- How are mindfulness and meditation similar and different?
- What distinguishes impressionism and expressionism in art?
- What distinguishes Freudian psychology from Jungian psychology?
- What distinguishes a short story from a novel in literature?
- What distinguishes a vegetarian diet from a vegan one?
- How does psychology differ from psychiatry?
- What literary distinctions exist between science fiction and fantasy?
- What distinguishes indoor gardening from outdoor gardening?
- What sets a continental breakfast apart from a full breakfast in a hotel?
- What distinguishes justice from fairness in philosophy?
- In logic, what distinguishes deductive and inductive reasoning?
- What are the likenesses and contrasts among inexhaustible and non-sustainable wellsprings of energy?
- How does cognitive therapy differ from behavioral therapy in psychology?
- What distinguishes classical and modern ballet in dance?
- In job applications, what are the differences between a CV and a resume?
- What distinguishes cognitive linguistics from conventional linguistics?
- What distinguishes online learning from traditional instruction?
- What distinguishes a rural lifestyle from an urban one?
- Which is more successful for weight reduction, strength preparing or cardio?
- How is solo travel different from group travel?
Want to Excel in Your Academic Life?
We only collaborate with the best writers, who provide students with original, personalized writing
Essay Writing Guide
Last updated on: May 26, 2023
Essay Topics: 100+ Best Essay Topics for your Guidance
By: Nova A.
13 min read
Reviewed By: Rylee W.
Published on: Jan 29, 2019
Let’s face it, essay writing can be tedious and boring. Spending hours to write a good essay is difficult, and brainstorming essay topic ideas can be even more confusing.
This is what makes writing essays difficult and time-consuming. Luckily, you can learn essay writing with practice and by following some good examples. But before that, you should know how to choose a good and engaging topic for your essay.
To help you get started, we have categorized a list of a number of different types of essay topic lists.
On this Page
Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay investigates a topic in great detail, forms an argument over it, and defends it using supporting data.
Below are some good argumentative essay topic ideas to help you draft winning essays.
- School students should be allowed to curate their high school curriculum.
- The role of physical education in the school system.
- Should the death sentence be implemented globally?
- It should be illegal to use certain types of animals for experiments and other research purposes.
- Should the government do more to improve accessibility for people with physical disabilities?
- Do people learn the art of becoming a politician, or are they born with it?
- Social media platform owners should monitor and block comments containing hateful language.
- Does technology play a role in making people feel more isolated?
- Will there ever be a time when there will be no further technological advancements?
- It should be illegal to produce and sell tobacco.
- Girls should be motivated to take part in sports.
- Rape victims should abort their unborn children.
- Fathers should get equal paternity leave.
- Do teenagers get into trouble because they are bored?
- Individuals who have failed at parenting should be punished.
- Vaping is less harmful than smoking cigarettes.
- Covid-19 vaccination has more cons than pros.
- Social media is the real cause of teenage depression.
- Is the American education system perfect for society?
- Recycling should be made compulsory.
Choosing a strong topic is key to writing a great essay. Have a look at our blog to select good argumentative essay topics to impress the audience.
Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is similar to an argumentative paper. However, in it, the writer wants to convince the readers of their point of view. Simple essay topics would make better essays as they help the students stay focused.
Below is a list of some good persuasive essay topics for you:
- Energy drinks should be banned in schools and colleges.
- Gambling should be banned in the United States.
- Should abortions be banned worldwide?
- Hunting is an immoral act.
- Is it okay to use animals in a circus?
- Harmful dogs should be euthanized.
- Cell phones should not be allowed in schools.
- Teachers should pass a professional exam, just like students.
- Schools should reduce the workload on students.
- Sex education should be mandatory in high schools.
- Vlogging isn’t an actual profession.
- Is LinkedIn helpful for finding a job?
- Social media has played a big role in increasing business opportunities.
- Is Java becoming obsolete?
- Should employers go through the candidate’s social media profiles?
- Animal testing should be banned.
- Violent video games should be banned.
- Parents with mental disabilities should not be allowed to adopt children.
- Alcohol consumption should be legalized in Muslim countries.
- Every person should get Covid-19 vaccination.
For your help, we have gathered a wide range of persuasive essay topics . Give it a read.
Descriptive Essay Topics
A descriptive essay describes a specific thing by using sensory data. It is done to engage the reader’s five senses (taste, touch, smell, hearing, sight).
The following is a list of descriptive essay topic ideas for the students.
- The person who is responsible for making a difference in my life.
- Describe a smartphone and its benefits to someone from the ‘60s.
- The most interesting piece of art I have ever seen.
- Describe the experience of falling in love.
- What does a place that only exists in your imagination look like?
- Describe meeting a famous person.
- Describe yourself and your personality to a stranger.
- What will life be like in 2050?
- An experience that changed my life forever.
- Your idea of the perfect day.
- My first trip abroad.
- The most significant event in American History.
- A popular book series that disappointed you.
- A look into my daily life.
- A day in the life of an ER doctor.
- A trip to the museum.
- The most interesting movie I watched during my summer vacation.
- My favorite childhood memory.
- An incident that changed my life.
- An incident that restored my faith in humanity.
Here are some more descriptive essay topics to help you find a good idea for your essay.
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, your goal is to share a personal experience by telling a story. This creative form of writing depends on how strong and exciting the theme is. The article topics for students given here are carefully curated and would help the students do good in their essays.
Some examples and topics of narrative topic ideas are presented below.
- The experience that taught me how looks could be deceiving.
- A week without internet and technology.
- The impact your first love had on your life.
- How much did your teachers contribute to making you the person you are today?
- An experience that made you realize your parents were or weren’t always right.
- A moment when someone you didn’t like surprised you with kindness.
- The influence technology has had on your hobbies and life.
- An achievement outside of academic life?
- Which school lesson had the biggest influence on your life?
- A day when you fought procrastination.
- The time you faced rejection.
- The time when you stood against your parents.
- An experience that left you helpless.
- The time you prayed to be an only child.
- An act of kindness you can never forget.
- Death of a loved one.
- Your biggest pet peeve.
- Your definition of a perfect weekend.
- The things you regret most in life.
- Your first experience of an air trip.
Choosing interesting narrative essay topics is essential to make the content compelling for the readers.
Research Essay Topics
While writing a research essay, the most crucial step is choosing a topic for your essay. Select a topic that is broad enough to compose an entire research essay on it.
Below are some of the best topics for your research essay.
- Effects of violent cartoons on children.
- Should universities provide accommodations to disabled students?
- Events and experiences I agree are causing the increase in terrorism.
- How do technology and gadgets affect the studies of children?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school?
- Universities are becoming business-driven.
- Does college debt affect the future lives of students?
- Why has the divorce rate changed in the past decade?
- Schools should allow the use of smartphones in school.
- Effective ways to decrease depression among our youth.
- Analyze the relationship between the United States of America and North Korea.
- Why did the UK decide to leave the EU?
- Is it true that students learn better in a same-sex school?
- How does giving kids different gadgets affect their studies?
- Compare the immigration policies of two different countries.
- Events that lead to World War I.
- Pros and cons of studying abroad.
- How has Covid-19 influenced the education system of the world?
- Individual acts that lead to Global Warming.
- Effectiveness of the policies made to control Covid-19.
Looking for more? We have an extensive range of research essay topics to make the audience fall in love with your work.
Expository Essay Topics
While writing an expository essay, you have to explain and clarify your topic clearly to the readers.
Below is a list of expository essay topics:
- Why do teenagers commit suicide?
- What is the impact of music on our youth?
- What are the consequences of skipping school?
- Why do teenagers use drugs?
- How can pets make you happy and improve your life?
- Consequences of having alcoholic drinks within a school campus.
- How does drug use affect relationships?
- Is global warming a cause of skin cancer?
- Is sodium bad for your health?
- What is the line between being overweight and being obese?
- Why do you want to pursue your desired career?
- Explain how advancements in science improve the quality of life for humans.
- What are some unconventional ways of relieving stress?
- If you could swap your lives with someone, who would it be and why?
- What are some major stress factors in a teenager’s life?
- Why is getting a degree important for job life?
- Pros and cons of getting financial aid.
- How emotional support animals help in treating mental conditions.
- How does prostitution influence society?
- The environmental causes of smoking.
5StarEssays.com has gathered an additional and extensive list of expository essay topics .
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
In a compare and contrast essay, you evaluate and analyze the similarities and differences between the two subjects. Your reader must be able to form an opinion after weighing the pros and cons you have set forth.
Below are some topics for you to choose for your compare and contrast paper:
- Extroverts and introverts.
- Generation Y Vs. Generation Z.
- Traditional Helicopters Vs. Lifesize Drones.
- Unemployed students Vs. students with a part-time job.
- SAT and TOEFL.
- Persuasive and argumentative essays - How are they similar?
- How were the causes of World War I different from the causes of World War II?
- Education vs. professional career: what is more difficult?
- Real-life or spending your time daydreaming.
- Consequences of earthquake and tsunami: what’s worse?
- Being popular in high school or alone?
- Part-time work or studying for a higher degree?
- Getting married at an old age or a young age?
- Fashion today Vs. twenty years ago.
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton.
- Democracy Vs. Dictatorship
- Vietnam War Vs. War on Terror.
- Benefits of drinking tea Vs. coffee.
- Greek and Roman methodologies - Similarities and differences.
- Traditional Vs. distant learning.
Get more interesting compare and contrast essay topics at 5StarEssays.com to impress your instructors.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
The cause and effect essay explains why something happens and what happens as a result of those happenings. A cause and effect essay is a type of expository essay.
Here are a few topics for your cause and effect essay:
- What are the causes of eating disorders?
- Effects of climate change and global warming.
- The effects of the Feminism movement.
- What are the causes of increasing depression among teenagers?
- What are the causes of suicidal thoughts?
- Is keeping a pet effective in calming your mind?
- How does divorce affects children?
- Why are men afraid of commitment?
- Effects of social media on youth.
- Has social media affected relationships among families?
- Discuss the effects of homeschooling on children.
- Causes of heart diseases.
- Causes of sibling rivalry.
- Cramming doesn't help improve test scores.
- Cause and effect of depression in the workplace.
- How do abusive parents influence the mental stability of a child?
- Causes and effects of bullying.
- Causes of obesity in teenagers.
- Effects of taking a balanced diet on health?
- Causes and effects of insomnia.
To get more ideas, visit our cause and effect essay topics that are remarkable and well-suited for a great essay.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Argumentative essay topics are quite popular assignments in universities. If you are a student searching for a captivating argumentative essay topic, here is a list of ideas you can consider.
- Third world war should be prevented by the Russian and US governments.
- Political policies and practices affecting students.
- Is gun control effective in reducing crime?
- Same-sex marriage and constitutional law.
- Is society over-regulated?
- Are leaders born or made?
- No one should be above the law.
- Monarchy: pros and cons.
- Rules on Political Activities by Federal Employees.
- The most corrupt countries in the world.
- Mercy killing should be legalized in all countries of the world.
- Death penalties should be abolished.
- Third-world countries should be provided with education plans by the developed countries.
- Muslims should not be labeled as terrorists.
- Illegal immigrants should be given equal rights.
- Abortions should be legalized.
- Live-in relationships should be encouraged.
- Professional athletes should be allowed to consume steroids.
- Should physical punishments be given to children?
- Smoking in public should be an offensive crime.
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Are you looking for some funny argumentative essay topics for your essay? If so, choose a topic from the following list.
- Why do people like watching funny videos?
- What your cat is really thinking.
- Why spam emails should be your favorite type of email.
- Why wearing braces is fun.
- School dropouts are the best in our society.
- Why I don't like country music.
- Types of dates.
- A better way to get things done.
- What organic food really is.
- Things guys do that girls hate.
- How to annoy your friend.
- Why do women pretend that they enjoy sports?
- Things preventing you from completing your homework in time.
- Funny things we see in wedding ceremonies.
- Why are spam emails more interesting?
- Why does Starbucks coffee taste better?
- Why are backbenchers smarter than other students?
- Clowns are scarier than funny.
- Should we be maintaining social distancing even after Covid-19?
- Why is watching movies better than reading books?
Informative Essay Topics for Students
Essay writing requires depth. However, you don’t have to choose a complex topic in middle school, high school, or college.
Here is a list of interesting essay topics for middle school, high school, and college students.
Essay Topics for College Students
- Virtual classes cannot replace the traditional class system.
- Advantages and disadvantages of online classes.
- Is there a need to reform the college education system?
- Assault weapons should not be legal.
- People with a history of mental illness should not be allowed to purchase firearms.
- The taxation system needs to be changed around the globe.
- Kids should not be the target audience in advertising.
- The number of calories should be mentioned with every meal.
- Feminists have effectively improved the workforce for women.
- Is the death penalty effective?
- How to identify fake news?
- How to maintain a healthy life?
- How to treat PTSD naturally?
- Should people be judged on their appearance?
- How is technology influencing the work performance of people?
- Private Vs. public schools
- How to choose majors in high school?
- Impact of legalizing drugs on society.
- Significance of learning social values.
- How to prevent bullying on campus?
Essay Topics for High School
- The choice to join the armed forces should be an individual decision.
- Listening to music can increase work efficiency.
- Being honest has more cons than pros.
- People who have been in an accident value life more than others.
- Embarrassing moments help boost your confidence.
- Kindness is the most valuable personal trait.
- Spontaneity can improve your life.
- Can hobbies help improve the richness of one’s life?
- Dressing properly in the office improves work efficiency
- Being organized can help in school as well as the office.
- Impact of homosexuality on society.
- What is feminism?
- How to overcome fears and phobias?
- Significance of having leadership skills in job life?
- Causes and treatments for bipolar disorder.
- Side effects of consuming antidepressants.
- How important is mental health in succeeding professionally?
- How do teaching methods influence learning abilities?
- Should specially-abled people be allowed to work in offices?
- Discrimination and racism in the US.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Essay Topics for Middle School
- Every child should have chores at home.
- There should not be any summer classes.
- Should students continue studying during summer vacation?
- Parents should pay attention to the amount of time their children spend watching television.
- Favorite family summer vacation.
- Sports should be mandatory in every school.
- Processed foods should not be part of private and public school lunch.
- Do students still use newspapers for research?
- Every individual should spend a year doing community service.
- The weekend should be 3 days long.
Still need help choosing an essay topic? 5StarEssays is a professional essay writing service that helps you get a high quality essay. We have a team of essay writers who are professionals and can do your essay .
As a Digital Content Strategist, Nova Allison has eight years of experience in writing both technical and scientific content. With a focus on developing online content plans that engage audiences, Nova strives to write pieces that are not only informative but captivating as well.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write an Essay - A Complete Guide with Examples
- The Art of Effective Writing: Thesis Statements Examples and Tips
- Writing a 500 Word Essay - Easy Guide
- What is a Topic Sentence - An Easy Guide with Writing Steps & Examples
- A Complete Essay Outline - Guidelines and Format
- 220 Best Transition Words for Essays
- Essay Format: Detailed Writing Tips & Examples
- How to Write a Conclusion - Examples & Tips
- How to Title an Essay: A Step-by-Step Guide for Effective Titles
- How to Write a Perfect 1000 Word Essay
- How To Make An Essay Longer - Easy Guide For Beginners
- Learn How to Start an Essay Effectively with Easy Guidelines
- Types of Sentences With Examples
- Hook Examples: How to Start Your Essay Effectively
- Essay Writing Tips - Essential Do’s and Don’ts to Craft Better Essays
- How To Write A Thesis Statement - A Step by Step Guide
- Art Topics - 200+ Brilliant Ideas to Begin With
- Writing Conventions and Tips for College Students
People Also Read
- descriptive essay topics
- learn how to write descriptive essay
- book report outline
- how to write an abstract
- how to write a hypothesis
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2023 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SEND PASSWORD
Essay Topics – List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
List of Essay Topics
Essay topics on animals.
- Essay on Dog
- Essay on Elephant
- Essay on Tiger
- The Horse Essay
- Essay on Cow
- Essay on My Pet Dog
- Essay on Parrot
- Cruelty to Animals Essay
- Essay on My Pet Animal
- Essay on Peacock
- Camel Essay
- Essay on My Pet Cat
- Animal Farm Essay
- Essay on Save Tigers
- Animal Testing Essay
- The Crow Essay
- Essay on My Favourite Animal
- Animal Right Essa y
Essay Topics on Relationships
- My Best Friend Essay
- My Family Essay
- My Mother Essay
- My Father Essay
- Essay on My Favourite Teacher
- Essay on Friendship
- My Sister Essay
- Essay on Grandparents
- Essay on Love
- Fathers Day Essay
- Essay on the Importance of Family
- Essay on Grandmother
- Essay About Myself
- Essay on Relationship
- Mother Tongue Essay
- Romeo and Juliet Essay
- Essay on My Teacher
- Essay on the Importance of Friends in Our Life
- Essay on A Good Friend
- Death Penalty Essay
- Essay on Mother’s Love
- Essay about Death
- Essay on I Love My Family
Essay Topics on Technology in Daily Life
- Social Media Essay
- My Favourite Game Essay
- Mobile Phones Essay
- Technology Essay
- Essay on Science
- Uses Of Internet Essay
- Cyber Crime Essay
- Essay On Internet
- Essay on Computer
- Essay on Science and Technology
- The Wonder of Science Essay
- Essay on Wonders of Science
- Importance of Computer Essay
- Essay On Mobile Phone
- Social Networking Sites Essay
- Essay on Cyber Security
- Google Essay
- Pros and Cons of Social Media Essay
- Importance of Technology Essay
- Essay on ISRO
- Essay on Ransomware
- Essay on Telephone
- Role of Media Essay
- Plagiarism Essay
- Robotics Essay
- Science Is A Boon Or Curse Essay
- Essay on Social Media Addiction
- Cloud Computing Essay
- Internet Is Boon Or Bane Essay
- Indian Space Program Essay
- Life On Moon Essay
- Internet is a Boon Essay
- Essay on Disadvantages of Internet
- Essay on Technology Addiction
- Essay on Mobile Addiction
- Essay on Internet Addiction
- Advancements In Medical Technology Essay
- Cloning Essay
- Role of Computers and Internet in Our Lives Essay
- Essay on ComputerEssay On Computer
- Service And Technology Essay
- Mobiles and Ipods – Should Their Use Be Restricted? Essay
- Television in our Daily Life Essay
- Man vs. Machine Essay
- Essay on Computer Addiction
- Essay on TV Addiction
- Essay on PUBG Mobile Game Addiction
- Essay on Addictions and Future of Youth of India
- Essay on Video Games Addiction
- Essay on Addiction to Gadgets
- Essay on Disadvantage of Mobile Phones
- Supercomputer Essay
- Your Future Depends on Your Aspirations Essay
- Uses and Abuses of Science Essay
- Essay On UFO
- E-Waste Essay
Essay Topics on Miscellaneous
Essay topics on social issues.
- Women Empowerment Essay
- Essay On Saving Water
- Corruption Essay
- Corruption In India Essay
- Unemployment In India Essay
- Road Safety Essay
- Essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Essay on Population
- Essay on Child Labour
- Essay on Poverty
- Brain Drain Essay
- National Integration Essay
- Racism Essay
- Essay on Human Rights
- Generation Gap Essay
- Essay on Dowry System
- Unemployment Essay
- Status of Women in India Essay
- Essay on Terrorism
- Feminism Essay
- Rain Water Harvesting Essay
- Essay on Communal Harmony
- Essay on Cleanliness
- Role of Women in Society Essay
- Population Growth Essay
- Essay on Road Accidents
- Violence Against Women Essay
- Essay on Secularism
- Essay on Consumer Rights
- Causes of World War 1 Essay
- Causes of World War 2 Essay
- Essay on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- French Revolution Essay
- Uniform Civil Code Essay
- Save Girl Child Essay
- Essay on Beggars
- World War 2 Essay
- Essay on Drug Abuse
- Essay on Peace and Harmony
- Essay on Terrorism in India
- Regionalism In India Essay
- Consumerism Essay
- Cold War Essay
- World War 1 Essay
- Global Terrorism Essay
- Essay on Untouchability
- Essay on Brain Drain
- Capital Punishment Essay
- Naxalism In India Essay
- Essay on Corruption-Free India
- Essay on Overpopulation
- Causes of the Civil War Essay
- Social Evils Essay
- Joint Family System Essay
- Civil Rights Essay
- Social Justice Essay
- Essay on Intolerance
- Essay on Organ Donation
- Essay on Save Water and Electricity
- Child Exploitation Essay
- Sociology Essay
- How to Eradicate Corruption Essay
- Essay on Urbanization
- Essay on Road Rage
- Essay on Importance of National Integration
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Essay
- Essay on Global Terrorism
- Essay On Female Foeticide
- Essay on Safety of Women in India
- Essay on Child Trafficking
- Essay on Barriers to Empowerment of Women in India
- Essay on Sociology Topics
- Essay on Bal Swachhta Abhiyan
- Essay on Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- Women Empowerment Speech
- Issues and Problems faced by Women in India
- Essay Violence against Women in India Essay
- Essay on Caste System India
- Essay on Bribes
- Civil War Essay
- Essay on Farmer Suicides in India
- Essay on Organ Trafficking
- Essay on Family Planning in India
- Essay On The Menace Of Terrorism
- Essay On Caste Based Reservation In India
- Essay On Power Of Youth
Essay Topics on Global Warming
- Global Warming Essay
- Essay on Global Warming
- Causes of Global Warming Essay
- Effects of Global Warming Essay
- Global Warming Solutions Essay
- Prevention of Global Warming Essay
- Consequences of Global Warming Essay
- Causes and Effects of Global Warming Essay
- Global Warming Argumentative Essay
- Global Warming History Essay
- Green House Effect and Global Warming Essay
- Global Warming and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Essay
- Essay on History of Global Warming
- Essay on Role of Human activities in Global Warming
- Essay on Greenhouse Effect Essay on Impact of Global Warming on Oceans
- Essay on Effects of Global Warming on Coral Reefs
- Global Warming and Climate Change Essay
Essay Topics on Me and My Thoughts
- My Aim in Life Essay
- My Village Essay
- India of My Dreams Essay
- My Favourite Book Essay
- Essay on My Favourite Game
- My Ambition in Life Essay
- My Childhood Memories Essay
- Marriage Essay
- Self Confidence Essay
- Career Goals Essay
- Homelessness Essay
- The Person I Admire the Most Essay
- The Happiest Day of My Life Essay
- Self Concept Essay
- Essay on About Myself
- An Accident I Saw Essay
- Beauty Definition Essay
- Memories of Childhood Essay
- My Favourite Author, Chetan Bhagat’s Essay
- The Lottery Essay
- My Uncle Won a Lottery Essay
- Five Things I Love the Most Essay
- My Most Frightening Dream Essay
- If I were a Millionaire! Essay
- If I were the Defence Minister! Essay
- If I were the Prime Minister! Essay
- If I Win a Lottery! Essay
- The Funny Incident Essay
- The Day I Would Like to Forget Essay
- The Choice of a Profession Essay
- Home, Sweet Home Essay
- How I Spend My Sundays Essay
- How I Caught a Pickpocket Essay
- When I Missed the School Bus Essay
- When I was Caught in the Rain Without an Umbrella Essay
- When I was a Small Child Essay
- The Fruits I Enjoy Most Essay
- Essay on My Favourite Book Alchemist
- My Neighbours Essay
- How I Celebrate My Birthday Essay
- My Favorite Newspaper Essay
- The Person Who Influenced Me the Most Essay
Essay Topics on Monuments
General essay topics, essay topics on famous people and personalities.
- Essay on APJ Abdul Kalam
- Essay on Rabindranath Tagore
- Essay on Mother Teresa
- Essay on Bhagat Singh
- Essay on Freedom Fighters
- Essay on Swami Vivekananda
- Mahatma Gandhi Essay
- Subhash Chandra Bose Essay
- Kalpana Chawla Essay
- Essay on Narendra Modi
- Essay on Aryabhatta
- Rani Lakshmi Bai Essay
- Indira Gandhi Essay
- Essay on Sachin Tendulkar
- Essay On Nelson Mandela
- Essay on Albert Einstein
- Essay on William Shakespeare
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Essay
- Essay on Abraham Lincoln
- Essay on Mary Kom
- Essay on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
- Julius Caesar Essay
- Essay on Ashoka
- Essay on Lata Mangeshkar
- Essay on Helen Keller
- Essay on Milkha Singh
- Hamlet Essay
- Essay on Stephen Hawking
- Essay on MS Dhoni
- Martin Luther King Essay
- Bill Gates Essay
- Essay on Adolf Hitler
- Essay on Amitabh Bachchan
- Alexander the Great Essay
- Martin Luther King Jr Essay
- CV Raman Essay
- Macbeth Tragic Hero Essay
- Essay on Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Donald Trump Essay
- Bill Clinton Impeachment Essay
- Frederick Douglass Essay
- The Great Gatsby Essay
- Frankenstein Essay
- My Favourite Leader (Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri) Essay
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Essay
- Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Essay
- Ms. Swaminathan Essay
- Verghese Kurien Essay
- Essay on Sri Aurobindo
- Essay on Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Bachendri Pal Essay
- Satyendra Nath Bose Essay
- Essay on Artificial Intelligence
- Essay on Poverty in India
- Essay on Music
- Essay on Gardening
- Essay on Farmers
- My School Essay
- Child Labour Essay
- My Hobby Essay
- Cricket Match
- Doctor Essay
- Essay on Television
- Newspaper Essay
- Dowry System Essay
- Poverty In India Essay
- My Role Model Essay
- Farmer Essay
- My Dream Essay
- Population Explosion Essay
- Leadership Essay
- Essay on Fashion
- What is Essay
- Value of Games Essay
- English as a Global Language Essay
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Essay
- Facebook Essay
- Benefits of Exercise Essay
- Importance Of Reading Essay
- Essay on GST
- Essay on Demonetisation
- Humanity Essay
- Stress Management Essay
- Essay on Money
- My Dream House Essay
- Essay on Fair
- Essay on Lotus
- Essay on Zoo
- Solar Energy Essay
- Use of Mathematics in Daily Life Essay
- Globalisation Essay
- Action Speak Louder than Words Essay
- Essay on Children
- Confidence Essay
- College Days Essay
- Clean India Green India Essay
- Blood Donation Essay
- Honour Killing Essay
- Essay On Conservation Of Natural Resources
- Importance of Reading Newspaper Essay
- Essay on Teamwork
- Soldier Essay
- Ambition Essay
- Informative Essay
- Agriculture in India Essay
- Business Essay
- Procrastination Essay
- Essay on Discrimination
- Peer Pressure in Youngsters Essay
- Reading Habit Essay
- Essay on Man
- Motivation Essay
- Essay on Olympics
- Importance of Sleep Essay
- Language Essay
- Video Games Essay
- Essay on Public Distribution System in India
- Empathy Essay
- College Experience Essay
- Violence Essay
- Triple Talaq Essay
- Essay on Black Money
- Essay on Traffic Jam
- Pocket Money Essay
- Road Accidents Essay
- Career Aspirations Essay
- Romanticism Essay
- Crime and Punishment Essay
- Essay on Child Marriage
- Emotional Intelligence Essay
- Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body Essay
- Women Safety Essay
- Essay on Leadership Qualities
- Essay on Generation Gap
- Essay on Newspaper Reading
- Essay on Traffic Rules
- Right to Privacy Essay
- Juvenile Delinquency Essay
- Essay Writing for SBI PO
- Indian Cinema Essay
- Impact of Television on Youth Essay
- My First Flight Experience Essay
- Essay on Faith
- Essay on 7th Pay Commission
- Cultural Diversity Essay
- Essay on Who Am I
- Essay on Barack Obama
- Motherhood Essay
- Science and Religion Essay
- Slavery Essay
- Ujjwala Yojana Essay
- Gender Roles Essay
- Sex vs. Gender Essay
- Who Inspires You Essay
- Advertisements Essay
- Critical Analysis Essay
- Essay on Business World
- Are we too dependent on Computers Essay
- Essay on Patience
- Violence in Video Games Essay
- Superstitions Essay
- Bullying Essay
- Essay on Youth
- Essay on Bank
- Thanksgiving Essay
- Should Cellphones be Allowed in School Essay
- Adolescence Essay
- Cultural Differences Essay
- Inter-State Water Disputes Essay
- Death of a Salesman Essay
- Essay on Mango Fruit
- Teenage Pregnancy Essay
- Same-Sex Marriage Essay
- Evaluation Essay Example
- Profile Essay Example
- Impact of Globalisation Essay
- Utilitarianism Essay
- Christopher Columbus Essay
- Essay on Truth
- Freedom Definition Essay
- Schizophrenia Essay
- Macbeth Ambition Essay
- Imperialism Essay
- What is Art Essay
- Heart of Darkness Essay
- Ethical Dilemma Essay
- Scarlet Letter Essay
- A Morning Walk Essay
- Essay on A Journey by Train
- Essay on Traffic Problems
- Essay on Milk
- Essay on Newspaper Advantages and Disadvantages
- Future Essay
- Renaissance Essay
- Islamophobia Essay
- Pride and Prejudice Essay
- Essay on Financial Inclusion
- La Belle Dame Sans Merci Essay
- Juveniles should be tried as Adults Essay
- Saubhagya Scheme Essay
- Essay on Renewable Energy
- Cell Phone use while Driving Essay
- Essay on Leisure
- What Makes You You Essay
- Heroism Definition Essay
- Fiesta 1980 Summary Essay
- Classification Essay About Friends
- National Honor Society Essay
- Age Of Responsibility Essays
- Why Am I In College Essay
- Pet Peeve Essay
- Essays On Responsibility
- What Makes A Hero Essay
- Essay on Vasai-Virar
- Essay on Hubli–Dharwad
- Marijuana Argumentative Essay
- Semantic Barriers in Peoples Communication English Language Essay
- The Term Dalit Literature English Literature Essay
- Importance of Advertising Essay
- Global Warming and Greenhouse Gas emission Essay
- Cross-Cultural Management Essay
- Centralisation and Decentralisation Essay
- National Curriculum Framework Education Essay
- Poetry Analysis Essay
- Cyberbullying Essay
- Income Inequality Essay
- The Impact of Drug Legalization on the Economy Essay
- Essay Topics on Economy & Infrastructure
- Critical Reflection Essay
- How to Tame a Wild Tongue Essay
- Domestic Language Essay
- Huck Finn Essay
- Pearl Harbour Essay
- The Glass Castle Essay
- Texting While Driving Essay
- Fences Essay
- Autism Essay
- Essay on Stereotype
- Kite Runner Essay
- Essay on to Kill a Mocking Bird
- Edgar Allan Poe’s Essay
- The Tell-Tale Heart Essay
- Salem Witch Trials Essay
- Metamorphosis Essay
- of Mice and Men Loneliness Essay
- Pro-Choice Essay
- Breakfast Club Essay
- Everyday use Essay
- Free Will Essay
- Legalizing Weed Essay
- Beowulf Epic Hero Essay
- What does it mean to be a Human Essay
- The Cask of Amontillado Essay
- Night by Elie Wiesel Essay
- I Want a Wife Essay
- Legalizing Marijuana Essay
- 13th Documentary Summary Essay
- Compare and Contrast Hinduism and Buddhism Essay
- Letter from Birmingham Jail Essay
- Declaration of Independence Essay
- Death Penalty Persuasive Essay
- Essay on Slaves
- The House on Mango Street Essay
- Standardized Testing Essay
- Advantages of Make in India Essay
- A Goodman is Hard to Find Essay
- Fahrenheit 451 Essay
- Breaking Social Norms Essay
- Electoral College Essay
- The American Dream in the Great Gatsby Essay
- Why Southwest Essay
- Border Wall Essay
- Why I want to go to College Essay
- Essay on Vadodara
- Essay on Pimpri-Chinchwad
- The Story of an Hour Essay9
- Minimum Wage Essay
- Malcolm X Essay
- Testing and Driving Essay
- A Modest Proposal Essay
- Apoptosis Essay
- Gun Violence Essay
- Discourse Community Essay
- Catcher in The Rye Essay
- Slaves Essay
- The Crucible Essay
- Farewell Speech for Boss
- India’s Neighbours Essay
- India – A land of Diversity Essay
- The Role of a Soldier in defence of India Essay
- Compulsory Military Training Essay
- Domestic Pets Essay
- A Dust Storm Essay
- Is Moral Courage Stronger than Physical Courage? Essay
- The Modern Girl Essay
- The craze for Foreign Goods Essay
- Liberty is Not Anarchy Essay
- Women’s Rights Essay
- Music and its Importance Essay
- Advantages of Reading Newspapers Essay
- FakeNews Essay
- Essay on Agriculture and Rural Development
- Youth Violence Essay
- Role of Youth In Nation Building
- Cinema: Its Uses and Abuses Essay
- Essay on Impact of Privatization
- Pleasures of Gardening Essay
- Essay on Rising Prices/Price Hike
- Essay on Solar System and Planets
- Of Mice And Men Essay
- How to Take Care of Your Teeth Essay
- Essay on Disadvantages and Advantages of Mobile Phones
- Family History Essay
- Importance of Being Earnest Essay
- Personal Identity Essay
- Body Image Essay
- Free Will Vs. Determinism Essay
- Essay on Brexit
- Affirmative Action Essay
- American Exceptionalism Essay
- Federalism Essay
- Universal Basic Income Essay
- Beowulf Essay
- A Raisin in the Sun Essay
- The Yellow Wallpaper Essay
- Vietnam War Essay
- Respect for Elders Essay
- A Picnic Party Essay
- Essay on Pleasure of Cycling
- Autobiography of A Car Essay
- World of Advertisement Essay
- Indian Bazaar Essay
Essays Topics on Vacation
Essays topics on education.
- Essay on Education
- Ideal Student Essay
- Essay on Online Education
- Importance of English Language Essay
- Essay on My Favourite Subject
- Education Should be Free Essay
- Essay on Books
- Essay on Knowledge
- Essay on Communication
- Essay on A Picnic with Family
- Use Of Technology In Education Essay
- Essay on Career
- The Importance of Education Essay
- Essay on Girl Education
- Women Education in India Essay
- Essay on My Favourite Author
- Essay On Right To Education
- Essay on Books And Reading
- Importance of Communication Essay
- Essay on Adult Education
- Essay on My School Library
- Autobiography of A Book Essay
- Engineering Essay
- Study Abroad Essay
- Essay On Women’s Education
- Essay on My School Life
- Importance of College Education Essay
- Essay on Vocational Education
- Essay on Health Education
- An Educational Tour Essay
- Essay on My School Picnic
- Essay on Library and Its Uses
- Essay on Importance of Adult Education
- Why do you want to go to College Essay
- Schools Essay
- Education System in India
- Best Education System in the World
- Speech on Education
- Contribution of Technology to Education
- Essay on Reading is a Good Habit
- Essay on Mahatma Gandhi’s Educational Philosophy
- Essay on My School Fest/School Carnival
- Sex Education In School Essay
- Bullying in School Essay
- Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Hostel Life
- Essay on Life after School
Essay Topics on Health and Fitness
- Essay on Health
- Essay on Yoga
- Health And Hygiene Essay
- Junk Food Essay
- Essay on Happiness
- Healthy Lifestyle Essay
- Essay on Importance of Yoga
- Nutrition Essay
- Fast Food Essay
- Health and Fitness Essay
- Essay on Good Health
- Physical Education Essay
- Obesity Essay
- Euthanasia Essay
- Balanced Diet Essay
- Balance is Beneficial Essay
- Psychology Essay
- Essay on Drug Addiction
- Mental Health Essay
- Essay on Addiction
- Essay on AIDS
- Essay on Environment and Human Health
- Abortion Essay
- Childhood Obesity Essay
- Mudra Yojana Essay
- Diabetes Essay
- Essay on Cancer
- Essay on Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Essay on Organic Food
- Food Security in India Essay
- Strengths and Weaknesses Essay
- Diet Analysis Project Essay
- War on Drugs Essay
- Satirical Essay on Drugs
- Medicinal Marijuana Essay
- Alzheimer’s Disease Essay
- Define Argumentative Essay
- Obesity in America Essay
- Abortion Argumentative Essay
- Essay on Fit India Abhiyan
- Essay on Addiction to Junk Food
- Human Body Essay
- Adolescent Depression Research Essay
- Nipah Virus Essay
- Causes of the great depression Essay
Essay Topics on Nature
- Essay on Rainy Season
- Winter Season Essay
- Summer Season Essay
- Essay on Water
- Essay on Saving Water
- Essay on Rainy Day
- Essay on Nature
- My Garden Essay
- Earthquake Essay
- Essay on Spring Season
- Essay on Natural Resources
- Essay on Save Water Save Life
- Essay on Conservation of Natural Resources
- Essay on Save Water Save Earth
- Afforestation Essay
- Essay on Forest
- Seasons In India Essay
- Essay on Effects of Deforestation
- Water is Precious Essay
- Marijuana Essay
- Essay on Natural Resources Depletion
- Essay on Value of Oxygen and Water in Life/Earth
Essay Topics on India
- Essay on Taj Mahal
- Essay on India
- Digital India Essay
- Patriotism Essay
- Essay on Constitution of India
- Essay on Indian Army
- Essay on Unity in Diversity
- Essay on My Country India
- Make In India Essay
- Essay on Patriotism
- Indian Culture And Tradition Essay
- National Emblem Essay
- Essay on Nationalism
- Essay on Democracy in India
- Essay on My City
- Demonetisation Essay
- Essay on Fundamental Rights
- India China Relations Essay
- Essay on Digital Marketing
- Essay on Indian Politics
- Essay on Indian Economy
- Election Essay
- Essay on Freedom of Speech
- Essay on Importance of Patriotism
- Essay on Unity
- Euthanasia In India Essay
- Importance of Voting Essay
- Essay on Christianity
- Essay on Cashless India
- Essay on Indian Heritage
- Essay on National Festivals of India
- Essay on Casteism in India
- Wildlife in India Essay
- Essay on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Essay on Freedom of Press in India
- Essay on Role of Judiciary in the Country Today
- Essay on Election Commission of India
- Religions Essay
- Essay on Indian Flag/National Flag
- Essay on Start-up India Stand-up India
- Essay on Role of Science in Making India
- Essay on Democracy vs. Dictatorship
- Essay on Road Trip
- Essay on Article 370 of the Indian Constitution
- Essay on Article 35A of the Indian Constitution
- Essay on Article 15 of the Indian Constitution
- Essay on Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code
- Essay on Forests of India
- Essay on Democracy has Failed in India
- Army Values Essay
- Essay on Life of Soldiers
- Essay on Election and Democracy
Essay Topics on Festivals and Important Events
- Raksha Bandhan Essay
- Christmas Essay
- Durga Purja
- Janmashtami Essay
- Important Events
- Independence Day Essay
- World Environment Day Essay
- Gandhi Jayanti Essay
- Teachers Day Essay
- Ambedkar Jayanti Essay
- Essay on International Yoga Day
- Essay on World Health Day
- Essay on World Population Day
- Essay on Labour Day
- Hindi Diwas Essay
- Mother’s Day Essay
- Mathematics Day Essay
- Essay on Teachers’ Day Celebration
- Republic Day Celebrations Essay
- Importance of Independence Day in India Essay
- Essay on Independence Day Function Celebration in my town
- Children’s Day Essay
- Essay on Gandhi Jayanti Celebration
- Essay on National Constitution Day
- Brave New World Essay
Essay Topics on Cities and Towns
- Essay on Delhi
- Essay on Goa
- Hyderabad Essay
- Essay on Bangalore
- Essay on Jaipur
- Essay on Smart City
- Essay on Varanasi
- Essay on Lucknow
- Essay on Kolkata
- Essay on Mumbai
- Essay on Agra
- Essay on Mysore
- Essay on Chennai
- Essay on Ahmedabad
- The City I Live in Essay
- Essay on Amritsar
- Essay on Ranchi
- Essay on Bhopal
- Essay on Chandigarh
- Essay on Patna
- Essay on Solapur
- Essay on Raipur
- Essay on Jodhpur
- Essay on Jabalpur
- Essay on Howrah
- Essay on Dhanbad
- Essay on Kalyan Dombivli
- Essay on Rajkot
- Essay on Meerut
- Essay on Nashik
- Essay on Ludhiana
- Essay on Ghaziabad
- Essay on Thane
- Essay on Indore
- Essay on Nagpur
- Essay on Surat
- A Historical City (Delhi) Essay
- Essay on Vishakapatnam
- Does Your City Need Beautification? Essay
- Essay on Guwahati
- Essay on Madurai
- Essay on Vijayawada
- Essay on Coimbatore
- Essay on Gwalior
- Essay on Allahabad
- Essay on Navi Mumbai
- Essay on Aurangabad
- Essay on Srinagar
- Essay on Faridabad
- Essay on Kanpur
- Essay on Pune
- Should fracking be legal?
- Should parents be able to modify their unborn children?
- Do GMOs help or harm people?
- Should vaccinations be required for students to attend public school?
- Should world governments get involved in addressing climate change?
- Should Facebook be allowed to collect data from its users?
- Should self-driving cars be legal?
- Is it ethical to replace human workers with automation?
- Should there be laws against using cell phones while driving?
- Has the internet positively or negatively impacted human society?
- Should coaches and players make the same amount of money?
- Should gender segregate sports?
- Essay Topics on Sports
- Should India take sports more seriously?
- Should graffiti be considered art or vandalism?
- Should books with objectionable words be banned?
- Should content on YouTube be better regulated?
- Is art education important?
- Should art and music sharing online be allowed?
- Are school uniforms a good idea?
- Should PE affect a student’s grades?
- Should college be free?
- Should students be taught comprehensive sex ed?
- Should unpaid internships be legal?
- Should the minimum wage be increased?
- Should monopolies be allowed?
- Is universal basic income a good idea?
- Should corporations have a higher or lower tax rate?
- Should the death penalty be legal?
- Should animal testing be allowed?
- Should drug possession be decriminalized?
- Do humans cause global climate change?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- Is our election process fair?
- Is torture ever acceptable?
- Should men get paternity leave from work?
- Are school uniforms beneficial?
- Do we have a fair tax system?
- Do curfews keep teens out of trouble?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Should animals be used for research?
- Are cell phones dangerous?
- Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy?
- Should companies market to children?
- Do violent video games cause behavior problems?
- Should the racing industry be forced to use biofuels?
- Is it okay for prisoners to vote (as they are in some states)?
- Are there benefits to attending a single-sex school?
- Should schools be in session year-round?
- Does religion cause war?
- Should abortion be illegal?
- Is homework harmful or helpful?
- Is college admission too competitive?
- Should rich people be required to pay more taxes?
- Should schools require foreign language or physical education?
- Is public prayer okay in schools?
- Are schools and teachers responsible for low test scores?
Essays are short pieces of writing that often encourage students to develop various skills, including careful reading, analysis, comparison and contrast, persuasion, conciseness, comprehension, and exposition. As this list of characteristics demonstrates, a student who strives to succeed at essay writing has much to gain.
Fill Out the Form for Expert Academic Guidance!
Grade --- Class 6 Class 7 Class 8 Class 9 Class 10 Class 11 Class 12
Target Exam JEE NEET CBSE
Preferred time slot for the call --- 9 am 10 am 11 am 12 pm 1 pm 2 pm 3 pm 4 pm 5 pm 6 pm 7 pm 8 pm 9 pm 10pm
Please indicate your interest Live Classes Books Test Series Self Learning
Language --- English Hindi Marathi Tamil Telugu Malayalam
Are you a Sri Chaitanya student? No Yes
Verify OTP Code (required)
Fill complete details
Target Exam ---
The goal of an essay is to empower learners to build ideas and concepts in their writing with little more than their thoughts as a guide (it may be helpful to view the Essay as the converse of a research paper). As a result, essays are, by definition, brief and necessitate clarity of purpose.
An Academic essay is generally divided into three sections:
The introductory paragraph informs the reader about what they are about to learn and presents an argument in the form of a statement. An essay should effectively begin with a “hook” that captures the reader’s interest and entices them to continue reading.
Relevant quotations (“Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble.”) or surprising statistics (“According to recent studies, 82% of people…”) are examples of effective hooks. The introduction should be short, preferably one or two paragraphs, and to the point.
- Body or Middle Sections
The Body contains evidence to prove and persuade the reader to accept the writer’s specific point of view. The Body is where the development of the issues takes place. The main purpose of a body paragraph is to elaborate in detail on the examples that support your thesis. You also need to explain exactly why this example proves your thesis. Make the connection clear by directly stating why this example is relevant.
However, quotations and examples cannot be utilized in place of your own words. An explanation should always accompany a quote in your own words to demonstrate its relevance to your point. The Body can be of 1-3 paragraphs, depending on the Essay’s desired length and word limit.
The conclusion summarises the Essay’s content and findings. Even though the conclusion comes at the end, it must not be considered aforethought. Since the closing paragraph is your last chance to convey your point, it should adhere to a very strict format.
The conclusion can be thought of as a second introduction because it shares many characteristics. It doesn’t have to belong – four well-crafted sentences will suffice, but it can potentially affect an essay significantly.
In another way, state what has been learned or accomplished. The conclusion is also a wonderful place to address any unanswered problems or topics you are aware of but outside your Essay’s scope.
And finally, the last sentence of your Essay should be a universal statement or “call to action” that conveys to the reader that the discourse is over.
Types of Essays
An expository essay delves deeply into a topic to broaden the reader’s understanding. The framework is similar to an argumentative or persuasive essay, with one major difference: expository essays do not have a bias. This can be accomplished through comparison and contrast, definition, example, the analysis of cause and effect, etc.
A Descriptive essay is a type of essay in which the student is asked to describe anything, such as an object, a person, a place, an experience, an emotion, or a circumstance. This genre promotes the ability to write a written report of a specific situation for students.
It is a type of essay in which the writer tells a story from their point of view or personal experience. It provides details to grab readers’ attention and make them understand the story. A narrative essay gives writers a chance to write about their personal experiences. It is just like a short story, except it follows a proper structure.
Argumentative essays are written to support or refute a point of view. They strongly favor a specific point of view. To write an argumentative essay, the writer has to research a topic, gather, develop, and evaluate evidence, and formulate a clear position on the topic.
Talk to our academic expert!
Preferred time slot for the call --- 9 am 10 am 11 am 12 pm 1 pm 2 pm 3 pm 4 pm 5 pm 6 pm 7 pm 8pm 9 pm 10pm
- Essay Topic Generator
- Summary Generator
- Thesis Maker Academic
- Sentence Rephraser
- Read My Paper
- Cover Page Generator
- Overnight Essay Writing
- Topic Ideas
- Writing Tips
- Essay Writing (by Genre)
- Essay Writing (by Topic)
146 Interesting Essay Topics: Unique Ideas for a Good & Fun Paper [UPD 2023]
Looking for unique essay topics to spark your interest and impress your tutors? Who said that academic writing could not be fun? Choose an interesting essay topic, and you will start enjoying it. You will surely find some topics matching your interests among these top 146 best essay topics.
In this article, you’ll find out:
- What is an interesting essay topic?
- How to choose good topics to write about for an essay?
- 146 captivating essay topics that will inspire you!
- 📋 What Is an Interesting Topic?
- 💡 Interesting Things for an Essay
- 🖊️ Good Topics
- 👻 Fun Topics
- 💭 Thought-provoking Topics
- ➕ Other Interesting Topics
- ✍️ Proposal Topics
- ✔️ Possible Mistakes
📋 what is an interesting essay topic.
You might be wondering how to define what topic can be called ‘interesting.’ When choosing a topic for your essay, use these tips to understand whether you should pick a particular topic.
- Choose a topic that interests you. It is essential, as you might spend quite some time researching, thinking, and writing about it. When you’re truly passionate about your essay topic, you’re more likely to succeed. Also, keep in mind that readers will definitely feel if you enjoyed the writing process.
- Pay attention to the formulation of your topic. It might be challenging to formulate a good topic. It shouldn’t be too broad and, at the same time, too narrow.
Let’s have a look at one example:
- If you’re still unsure what topic you should pick, get inspired with our list!
💡 Interesting Topics to Write an Essay About
Here is a list of interesting essay topics for students who like to write about debatable issues and are always taking sides in disputes.
Each of these topics provokes everyone to join the discussion—and may start debates that last for an hour or more! With such exciting topics, people are captivated to read your essays, whether the essay topic is persuasive or not, and offer their ideas to support or contradict your point of view.
- Extreme sports . Is adrenaline worth the risk?
- Sciences . Is genetic engineering the answer to ending global hunger?
- Justice . If athletes cannot use steroids, is it fair for models to use Photoshop?
- Philosophy . Philosophical issue: Should abortion be legal?
- Social standards . Do all people need to be of the same size, and does beauty need any standards?
- Family, life, & experiences. How to put a baby to bed?
- Gaming . If there are video game competitions, can gaming be regarded as a sport?
- History . Was Korean War a Civil War or an International War?
- Social networks. Do they improve communication skills or reduce social activity in the real world?
- Psychology. Should children be punished ?
- Schools . Should phones and social media be banned in classrooms?
- Family psychology . Are women better parents than men?
- Education . Nature versus nurture – what wins?
- Entertainment & Media . Social media marketing for generation Y.
- Genetics and crime . Can “bad” genes be an excuse for divorce and crime?
- Behavior studies . Do violent video games cause behavior problems?
- Social studies. Does money determine success?
- Politics & Government. Marijuana legalization: It’s time to make it.
- Sociology. Should marijuana be legalized?
- Culture. What is cultural pluralism?
🖊️ Good Essay Topics to Boost Your Creativity
Here are another ten essay topics to practice in university – working with such texts is a pleasure. They are perfect for sharpening your imaginative thinking and persuasive skills, and they are captivating enough to discuss with friends or relatives. Let’s go!
- The games people play and the masks they wear: Sincerity versus politeness.
- Is it ethical to advertise products to children?
- Is it acceptable to use white lies in advertisements?
- Environmental pollution is a global problem. Should everyone make a small contribution to the struggle against it?
- Is one volunteer really worth ten pressed men? How can motivation improve outcomes?
- What do you think of “Calvin Klein”? Is fashion more important than individuality?
- Is there a problem of a generation gap in modern families?
- Should children follow in their parent’s footsteps?
- Zoos claim to contribute to the conservation of species. Can a zoo be a better habitat for a giraffe than a savanna?
- Should people keep pets? Do companion animals feel comfortable in homes?
👻 Fun Essay Topics
Sometimes you might like to write just for your own pleasure or to share some fun facts with your classmates. We’re here to help with ideas! Have a look at these fun essay topics.
- Why do the worst students often become famous and successful?
- The perfect plan to lose all friends.
- What would happen if animals ruled the world?
- What are animals thinking about?
- How to ask people for money?
- Why do all elderly people need to attend computer courses?
- Why should parents sign contracts with their children?
- Why is it a good idea to refuse to count the time?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- How to win the lottery?
💭 Thought-provoking Essay Topics
If you still don’t know what essay topics to write about, check out this thought-provoking list – there are many ideas to consider and choose from. Plus, this set of questions is not only perfect for essays; they also make interesting speech topics to discuss with your audience.
- Errors in any sphere are unavoidable. Do doctors, judges, and teachers have the right to make mistakes ?
- Leaders are born, and managers are made?
- How can capital punishment be acceptable if judges’ errors are inevitable?
- What is effective risk management in an organization?
- Emotional Intelligence role in successful leadership.
- Why use stick and carrot motivation? Wouldn’t sticking to policies be enough?
- What team efficiency depends on?
- Digital marketing challenges in organizations.
- It is said that women are from Venus, and men are from Mars. Are men and women really that different?
- How can the Federal Reserve affect prices?
- Social media influences on marketing: Current trends.
- Can women be regarded as the weaker sex today?
- How can Emotional Intelligence be used in leadership?
- What is consumer behavior’s role in global business?
- Modern theater and remakes of classic plays – new interpretation or outrage?
- International business: Do cultural differences matter?
- Is Graffiti Art or Vandalism?
- Can the way to success be laziness?
- Human resource management: How does it look in the modern world?
- Does an artist need the talent to create abstract pictures?
- Team building: Does it make sense?
- What does a human resource manager do?
- Live to eat or eat to live? Healthy diets versus favorite dishes.
- How leadership’s role has evolved in the 21st century?
- What is bad customer service?
- Apple’s management and leadership development.
➕ Other Interesting Essay Topics
Interesting essay topics for an argumentative paper.
Argumentative essays require a decent number of arguments. Choosing the right topic is essential. Even though any paper is purely individual, there are still specific rules to follow. Otherwise, an article may not have any scientific power.
More than that, the author will have to prove their arguments constantly. Also, there will be discussions of specific facts with other people who might disagree with what’s written.
Thus, any simple argumentative essay should have the specific features of this type of work to achieve as much effectiveness as possible. Here is a list of topics you can choose for your argumentative paper:
- Patients in the hospital need better care. This essay will describe the problems of modern nursing care.
- The search for oil is one of the priorities today. This persuasive research paper is associated with the problem of oil search and striving for leadership.
- The credibility of data in the media is questionable. The theme is connected with the problem of understatement or lies in the media.
- Nobody wants to deal with obsessive sellers. An argumentative and persuasive essay on this topic should describe the best methods to sell goods and not to annoy potential buyers.
- Deviant behavior is a consequence but not a cause. An argumentative essay format of this topic implies revealing the problems that can lead to the occurrence of deviant behavior in adolescents and adults.
- The more you take sports, the better it is. Argumentative essay subjects, in this case, should relate to sport and reveal the advantages of a healthy lifestyle and regular sports activities.
- Consultations with colleagues at work can increase the level of trust in the team. When writing a good argumentative essay on this topic, you can try to reveal the connection between interaction and good relations.
- People who cannot communicate with others feel depressed. The problem of the lack of communication and the consequences that can arise are described in such an article.
- Excessive passion for video games affects mental health. You can write an argumentative essay or persuasive essay; the topic will reveal the danger that great affection for video games brings.
- Personal experience is useful in the process of getting an education. When it is an argumentative research essay on such a theme, the benefits of personal experience and knowledge should be discussed to persuade your readers of the necessity of self-study.
- Other authors’ works can be helpful when writing scientific papers. The advantages of citing respected authors’ thoughts will be described in such persuasive essay papers.
- Industrial spheres prevail over others. In this paper, you will present your opinion concerning the distribution of industrial enterprises on the planet.
- Territories of wildlife are increasing. To write an excellent argumentative essay on this topic, you should give specific statistical data to demonstrate your knowledge of environmental pollution and information concerning human activity.
- Swimming is one of the healthiest hobbies. Try to reveal the benefits of swimming for human health.
- Teaching is the profession of patient people. The paper aims to disclose teachers’ features of character and their positive traits.
Random essay Topics
An argumentative research paper is not the only format for university work. Authors write articles on different themes, using a variety of techniques and methods to achieve specific goals.
In the process of disclosing a particular topic, it is not always possible to use the same methods. For example, sometimes, you need to compare two or more phenomena or concepts. And sometimes, you have to consider specific points critically.
If you want to learn more about different types of essays in college, we recommend you consider the following tips . They will help you learn creative writing and make your texts unique and exciting for readers. We recommend the following topics:
- Compare and contrast the issues of successful and unhappy marriages. A comparative essay is often used when considering specific issues related to sociology, and this topic is one of them. This type of work is sometimes called a discursive essay.
- The consequences of the Chernobyl disaster. Just as in a compare-contrast essay, several research objects can be used here. A cause-effect piece on this theme is a comprehensive study of factors that arise for reason of a famous disaster that happened in 1986.
- All the world’s religions are similar. The topic should present the similarity of various religious concepts. Here, argumentative issues are used, and excellent argumentative essays imply adequate author’s criticism based on verified confirmations.
- Animal species in Australia: A great variety of the local fauna. A descriptive essay on this topic gives a detailed description of the reasons why there are so many unique animal species on this continent and includes listing some of them. Such essay subjects must be relevant only to the nature of Australia.
- Possible factors that influence the effectiveness of employees’ work. It can be an exploratory essay that is different from many other types of articles. Its essence is a continuous study of all the possible phenomena that influence people’s results rather than an assessment or criticism of particular nuances. This type of work is not similar to a persuasive research paper where a specific point of view is proved. On the contrary, the author seeks to find the most accurate results on a given topic.
- The evaluation of the effectiveness of electronic control systems at industrial enterprises. This topic implies another approach in comparison with an argumentative essay paper; there is no need to give clear arguments, just a personal opinion.
- The great Shakespeare’s masterpiece. This literature essay aims at studying a particular text and the author’s assessment of the events described in his famous plays.
- The leadership of the enterprise should be involved in working on increasing productivity. A perfect argumentative essay will contain arguments in favor of the leadership that is actively involved in the affairs of a specific company and is bothered by its successes.
- The implementation of electronic resources for the preparation of students. This topic implies an admission essay that, as a rule, is used as an official document in universities and colleges. The essence of such a paper is to assess an applicant’s abilities.
- Financial indicators of the success of specific business strategies. This theme is associated with a persuasive paper that is also called argumentative. This type of writing has much in common with an expository essay, where you also need to provide statistics or accurate data to confirm a particular point of view.
Critical Essay Topics
Here is another list for you. 10 best critical essay topics! Get inspired!
- Crimes and governmental influence.
- Corporate social responsibility: Business benefits.
- The growth of the tech industry and environmental issues associated with it.
- What is the right balance between open and closed innovation?
- Homelessness in the UK: Is it a big issue?
- Innovation influences the business environment.
- Is it possible to influence climate change?
- Canadian small businesses in public perception.
- Reasons for food allergy development.
- Consumer behavior and international marketing.
Animal Persuasive Essay Topics
To write an excellent argumentative essay and fully reveal the stated issue, it is worthwhile to guide specific rules for writing this type of work.
However, it is significant to use credible sources and reliable arguments and choose a theme that will be interesting to readers. You can use one of the following topics about animals:
- Governments should protect animal rights .
- Animal testing should be banned.
- Zoos can be good for animals.
- It should not be allowed to use animals for entertainment.
- It should be forbidden to have exotic pets.
- Using animals for fashion purposes is inhumane.
- Hunting for entertainment should not be allowed.
- Governments should strictly control factory farm conditions.
- Cruelty towards animals should be legally punished.
- Endangered species should be better protected.
Cool Essay Topics: Nursing
Another excellent list for you! If you want to focus on nursing, go through these cool essay topics!
- Ethical questions in healthcare management.
- Should euthanasia be allowed?
- What is assisted suicide ?
- Medical ethics in the workplace.
- Medication error disclosure in South Carolina.
- What are nursing leaders for?
- The issue of racism in healthcare leadership.
- Moral dilemmas in nursing.
- The importance of pain management in nursing.
- Healthcare collaboration for patient quality care.
- Medication errors in nursing practice.
- Electronic clinical decision support tools for nurses.
- Importance of theory in nursing.
- The problem of obesity in childhood.
- Racial and cultural inequalities in health.
✍️ Interesting Proposal Essay Topics
In case you have a task to write a proposal essay, get inspired by this list! We’ve picked the most interesting proposal essay topics for you!
- Why are foreign languages important in school education?
- Should the sale of drugs be strictly controlled?
- How should children be taught manners?
- What is the best way to tell children about the dangers of our world?
- What can be done to protect animals from human cruelty?
- How to solve the water pollution problem?
- How can cyberbullying be reduced?
- What is the best way to reduce smoking among teenagers?
- What can be done to lower corruption in sports?
- What can be done against fake news?
✔️ Interesting Topics for Essays: Possible Mistakes
You can write a creative essay without using a large number of sources. Nevertheless, when writing an English argumentative essay or an article in any other language, it is essential to avoid typical mistakes that inexperienced authors often make.
Moreover, to write compelling essays, some people choose somewhat tricky topics that can become the cause of problems:
- The evaluation of the development of an accounting department next year. Such an analytical essay can be full of unnecessary information, which hardly conveys the general essence of the article and can be easily excluded from the text without the loss of sense.
- The comparison of the country’s total gross product over the past decade. It is quite a problematic theme that requires specific knowledge in the sphere of economics. Persuasive essay writers sometimes choose too complex topics. It is essential to know how to reveal this or that issue and to find reliable sources of information.
- The events of the American Civil War in chronological order. Great persuasive essays like this one can be appreciated only if the data used in them is accurate; in such a paper, you should give correct information and not miss any significant point to give your readers the most useful data.
- The development of baseball and the formation of the game rules. This topic aims at describing the history of baseball development, but it is likely to have a limited number of readers. Argumentative subjects should be close to the target audience; otherwise, the theme will be uninteresting.
- The development of printing in pictures and tables. Such a topic means that you will have to use many graphic elements. The format for an argumentative essay should not differ from generally accepted standards.
- The opinions of famous philosophers about the upbringing of children. If it is an excellent discursive essay, it should have an appropriate number of quotes cited appropriately. Without them, the argumentative paper will look too weak, and you will be blamed for the lack of identical pieces of evidence.
- The peculiarities of English literature in the 17-19th centuries. This theme is directly connected with literature, and any English persuasive essay should be relevant and competently written. Any grammatical, punctuation, or other errors are inadmissible; otherwise, the argumentative article will be considered unsuccessful and will not be able to comply with the rules of writing.
- Five great thoughts regarding the unacceptability of racism. An excellent persuasive essay on this topic will discuss outstanding people’s opinions about a stated problem and, at the same time, will be completely free from plagiarism. In no case can you use other people’s thoughts and texts without first quoting them in the text.
- Difficulties of various professions: the experience of different people. This topic means that you will have to use some opinions of different respondents to convey the general idea of such a paper fully. In the process of writing an argumentative essay, help can be provided by colleagues or other authors. Remember: great argumentative essays contain your arguments supported by evidence; otherwise, your work will be considered to be false.
- A comparative study of the sources confirming the need to introduce electronic knowledge assessment systems. This theme will be connected with the review of various articles and online resources to compare authors’ results and give a specific conclusion. It will be useful to pay attention to electronic libraries and other services where various scientific articles and other works of respected scientists are collected. If you do not do it, your paper can have insufficiently relevant arguments.
We hope that our article helps you to start your own paper! Now you have more than 100 interesting essay topic ideas. So, it’s time to choose one and write a brilliant paper. Good luck!
- The Basics of Essay Writing – UNSW
- Write Your Essay – UNSW
- Writing an Essay – Monash University
- Expository Essays – Purdue University
- Essay Writing – Deakin University
- Components of a Good Essay – Evansville.edu
- Essay Introductions – University of Maryland
- What is an Essay? – Curtin University
i need topics of long essay in English
All these topics can be used for long essays as well 🙂
Before reading this my problem was searching an interesting idea for my assignment but now I’m confused about which one to write about since they are very interesting.I probably will choose -is it better to follow your dream or to investigate the job market when choosing a profession? Since I’m a senior highschool student this topic will be catching and helpful for my classmates.tnx a lot.
That is indeed an interesting topic, Luna! Glad to help.
Or he almost accidentally wins a Darwin award, can’t tell.
255 Unique Essay Topics for College Students [2023 Update]
The success of any college essay depends on the topic choice. If you want to impress your instructors, your essay needs to be interesting and unique. Don’t know what to write about? We are here to help you!
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for 13.00 10.40/page
In this article by our Custom-Writing.org team, you will find 255 interesting essay topics for college students. We’ve also included some helpful tips on choosing a topic that will make your essay stand out.
- 🔝 Top 10 College Essay Topics
- 📋 How to Choose a Topic
- 🧑 Personal Essay Topics
- 🖌️ Descriptive Topics
- 🏺 Narrative Topics: History
- 🔮 Creative Writing Topics
- 🎓 Topics for Various Fields
- ✍️ Topics for Different Essay Types
- 🚫 Topics to Avoid
🔝 top 10 essay topics for college students, 📋 how to pick a college essay topic.
There is no universal advice on picking a great essay topic. However, the tips below will surely help you avoid choosing a mediocre one. Just follow these steps:
STEP #1: Start with brainstorming.
Relax and write down everything that comes to mind. It can be related to your personal life or areas of interest.
STEP#2: Use outside sources.
If you need additional inspiration, find a list of essay topic suggestions. Pick several options that appeal to you.
STEP#3: Select a topic.
Once you have your list of possible topics, do the following:
- Review the essay instructions or prompt, if you have one.
- Exclude ideas that are not suitable or compelling enough.
- Decide which of the remaining topics you want to write about. It might be the one you are interested in or understand best.
College Essay Topics: Fields & Disciplines
Now that you know how to choose a theme for your assignment, let’s examine this list of college essay ideas. These exceptional topics are arranged by subject, so you can go right to the section that interests you the most.
🧑 Personal Essay Topics for College
- Your perfect date.
- Settling an argument.
- What’s usually in your bag.
- Your most memorable purchase.
- What your upbringing was like.
- One quote that inspired you the most.
- What you do to make the world better.
- Where you want to spend your life.
- When the effort was worth the result.
- An unusual feeling you’ve experienced.
- A life-changing adventure. There are many ways to write about adventure in an essay . You can describe an interesting situation from your own life or one experienced by another individual, perhaps a famous figure.
- Positive and negative leadership examples. Typically, essays on leadership describe a specific person or a situation. A more interesting perspective on this subject is highlighting episodes of disastrous leadership. Some examples include the expansion of fascism after World War I or exploitation under European colonialism .
- Decision making. Both mundane and monumental, earth-shattering decisions make great essay topics. You can choose a situation and describe what the decision-maker did correctly or incorrectly.
- Deciding what to wear today. This might be the most mundane decision that everyone makes daily. However, just because it’s so ordinary, it might yield a fascinating college essay if explored thoughtfully.
- President Truman’s decision to drop atomic bombs on Japan. This decision may have been the most significant of human history. It marked the introduction of a technology that could annihilate the human race. This decision may have been the most significant of human history. It marked the introduction of a technology that could annihilate the human race.
- Purchasing decisions in the supermarket. Similarly, everyone decides what to eat several times every day. In an essay on this subject, focus on the most interesting factors influencing grocery shopping decisions.
- Picking a book to read. According to The Atlantic, an average modern American reads fewer books than at any earlier time in history. With this in mind, consider writing an essay on selecting a book to read. This is particularly interesting when you recognize that more books are being published nowadays than ever before.
- Childhood experiences as behavioral drives. An analysis of childhood experiences can help interpret individual character traits. Any challenge and achievement play a part in the formation of behavioral drives. You can discuss them in the context of one’s mental development .
- Parenting styles and motives. Everyone knows that the role of parents in children’s lives is crucial. For your essay, you can choose to evaluate specific approaches to interacting with a child. Obtain reliable data about a child’s habits and find correlations with social adaptation principles.
- Problem-solving skills in everyday life. Problem-solving skills allow a person to overcome challenges. You may assess these skills from your perspective. This essay can also highlight the traits that enable you to cope with difficulties.
- Negotiation skills and conflict resolution attainments. The ability to compromise is a valuable personal quality. It can be helpful in different areas of interpersonal communication. In your paper, analyze ways to enhance this skill for successful conflict resolution.
- Bill Gates’ initiative to create Microsoft and change the world. Thanks to Bill Gates , computer technologies became available to everyone. Assessing his career path can help identify specific components of success. What valuable lessons can we learn from him?
🖌️ Descriptive Essay Topics for College Students
- What your hometown is like.
- What you dislike about the Internet.
- If emotions were personified.
- How you experience art.
- Holiday season and nostalgia.
- Your personal teaching experience.
- How regular workout makes you feel.
- The impact of music on your body.
- National holidays in different countries.
- Traditions you observed around the world.
- Marriage: then and now. In bygone eras, most children were born within wedlock. In the contemporary world, fewer marriages take place than before. What are the reasons behind it?
- Pressure on women to marry. In the past, women were coerced into marriage more forcefully than men. Unfortunately, this tendency remains in many societies even today. You can choose this topic to investigate sexism in everyday life.
- Sports in your life. Everywhere in the world, fans fervently adore sports . It’s a spectacular subject for an essay, no matter if your tone is serious or lighthearted.
- Football : pros and cons. An essay about this popular American sport will surely spark your readers’ interest. For instance, you may explore the long-term health risks associated with concussions.
- Basketball as a global sport. After soccer, basketball is the most rapidly growing sport globally. Your basketball essay could delve into the geopolitical implications of this newly globalized sport.
- What is love ? It is the quintessential human emotion , and that’s why it’s a timeless topic for any writing assignment.
- Happiness and how to achieve it. Love and happiness go together, so it is no surprise that happiness is a fruitful writing topic . You can choose to concentrate on pursuing happiness, simply being happy, or anything else.
- The 19 th century origins of Christmas carols . You could write about the origins of Christmas carols, most of which date back to the 19 th century. Before that, Christmas songs were restricted to church hymns .
- Christmas carols around the world. Every country with a significant population of Christians celebrates Christmas uniquely, making the global diversity of Christmas carols one of the more interesting essay topics.
- Personal feelings evoked by Christmas carols. Once again, you can focus on your personal experience. Simply describe how Christmas carols make you feel. feel.
🏺 Narrative Essay Topics for College Students: History
- The life of Socrates.
- Nero and the Roman Empire.
- Everyday life of Puritans.
- Events of Mexican-American War.
- Life during the Great Depression.
- Women in Trojan War.
- The start of the Nuclear Age.
- Heroes of the Space Race.
- Pearl Harbor through the eyes of a witness.
- The fall of the Sumer civilization.
- Local heroes. You can write a fantastic college essay on a historical personality who is highly appraised in your state. What is this person’s contribution, and what makes them outstanding?
- Real-life villains. The Ivy League essays often include an analysis of notorious people’s deeds or personalities. You can write about Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin , Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, Josef Mengele, H. H. Holmes, Caligula, and many others.
- Influential people in any area. Your college essay can focus on some notable figures in politics, finance, science, literature, architecture, visual arts, music, sports, or pop culture.
- The most influential women. You can write about women who achieved a lot in the “men’s world.” Choose between Elizabeth I , Margaret Thatcher , Indira Gandhi, and many other renowned figures.
- Scientists who changed the world. You may write a great college essay about the contributions of Nikola Tesla, Charles Darwin , Thomas Edison , and other scientists. What areas of our lives have changed thanks to these people?
- Great conquerors and their power. Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan , Attila, and other commanders were outstanding people of their time. They expanded their territories thanks to successful military campaigns. Your essay may focus on one of these great conquerors.
- Hitler’s decision to unleash World War II . Adolph Hitler’s personality is often explored in academic works. Your paper can explore what prompted the German leader to popularize Nazism in Europe . Understanding it may help prevent the repetition of such events.
- Religious figures. Explore individuals who developed essential doctrines and spiritual teachings. Your essay may include the key ideas of people such as Thomas Aquinas and Joseph Smith Jr.
- Fighters for justice and equality. Democratic societies were significantly influenced by those who struggled for human rights. Freedom of people around the world was their primary goal. Your essay can assess the roles of Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, or Martin Luther King Jr .
- Voyagers and discoverers. Thanks to the great explorers of the past, the world as we know it today was shaped. You can write about Christopher Columbus , Ferdinand Magellan, and others in your paper.
- Roman emperors . Ancient Rome was the greatest civilization of its time. Throughout its history, individual emperors have contributed to its prosperity. Julius Caesar , Nero, and other rulers can be the focus of your essay.
🔮 Creative Writing Topics for College Students
- A conversation with yourself from the past.
- What would life be like on a rogue planet?
- If you were an ancient conqueror.
- A children’s fairy tale.
- What if there is no money in the world?
- A new perspective on a famous story.
- If you lived in another era.
- What are animals thinking?
- A perfect world as you see it.
- A horror story in the style of Kafka.
- Detective stories . Suspense is often the key to interesting essays. You can write a unique story about a murder in a castle, a theft in your college dorm, or fraud in a famous (or fictional) company.
- The world of your fantasy. Write an outstanding college essay that describes a brave new (or beautiful) world. Your dreams, books, films, or even news you’ve heard can be the source of your inspiration.
- Stream of consciousness . It can be the most straightforward task you have ever completed. Just write about your thought, dreams, and ideas. Whatever comes to your mind! Make sure to edit it afterward.
- Description of a dystopian world. Come up with a dystopian scenario to assess contemporary vices and problems. Use descriptive words to make your essay stand out.
- A new look at traditional values. For a creative essay, try rethinking traditional values. For instance, you may provide new perspectives on compassion, charity, respect, and other essential components of a civilized society.
- A short movie script. One of the ideas is to write a short film script on any topic. This task will allow you to showcase your storytelling skills .
- The future as you imagine it. You can pay particular attention to social issues and their development. Will the situation improve in the future?
- Reporter experience. Conduct an investigation and report your findings in a creative essay. This work may include interviews, illustrations, and the analysis of issues. This approach allows moving away from traditional forms of essay writing .
- On behalf of another person. Take an opportunity to explore an issue from someone else’s perspective. For instance, you can assess the difficulties faced by people of the opposite sex. It can help analyze the problems of interpersonal communication .
🎓 College Essay Topics for Various Fields
College life essay topics.
- Making a choice. You can write your college essay about making a decision. For example, how did you choose your college? Are you happy with your choice?
- Good and bad habits . Write about the patterns that affect your academic life. How can you get rid of the unproductive ones?
- Major challenges . In your college experience essay, you can describe the major issues you have faced during your school years. How did you handle them?
- Time-management practices. College studies are often stressful. That’s why multitasking is an important skill. In your essay, explore the topic of time management. Analyze the algorithms for competent task distribution.
- Memorable events. Did you ever have a life-changing experience? You can write a perfect college essay about it.
- University life: expectations vs. reality. You can also try to imagine your future and write an essay on your expectations related to university life .
- Interaction with classmates. An interesting topic for a college life essay is building relationships with classmates. It can be helpful to study the basics of teamwork. Conflict resolution practices are also important factors of interpersonal peer communication.
- Freshman experience. You can describe it in anecdotes or conduct some research. For instance, assess the challenges and barriers that first-year students face. Then, determine optimal mechanisms to overcome them.
- Teamwork and group activities. Describe appropriate ways to communicate with people in groups. Or, you can focus on the crucial features of effective teamwork .
- Research work experience. College education involves conducting many kinds of research. They refer to theoretical training and the practical study of subjects. In this regard, you can describe your personal research experience.
- The importance of self-education. Students often face the need to study some subjects on their own. Self-education and its aspects can be an exciting topic to explore. Focus on honing individual skills and overcoming academic challenges.
- A comparison of high school and college. For many high school students, the idea of college study is different from reality. You can describe the distinctions between the two levels of education. Give personal views on the learning process and common pitfalls.
Health Topics for College Students
- Healthy eating . In the wealthiest and poorest countries on Earth, healthy eating has very different meanings. Focusing on cultural variations of healthy eating has plenty of potential.
- Fast food and its popularity. People have never eaten so much fast food as they do now. Consider writing about this interesting trend and its health implications.
- Childhood obesity as a global health issue . Because of all the high-calorie foods available today, many children in industrialized countries have weight problems. This issue has some extraordinary potential for persuasive writing.
- The problem of alcoholism . Substance abuse problems such as alcoholism have been an exemplary subject of writing for a long time. You can contemplate the implications of this problem in your college essay.
- Teen pregnancy: risk factors . In many regions of the world, teen pregnancy rates are higher than ever . The phenomenon is often associated with poverty and lower levels of education.
- Smoking in public . Should it be outlawed? Is it a public health hazard or just fundamental liberty that the government is unjustified to control or even regulate?
- Why do people smoke ? All smokers have their initial justifications for starting to smoke, so perhaps use your essay to explore one or several reasons.
- Quitting smoking . Some people use tobacco substitutes like candies or even nicotine gum. Whatever the methods are, everyone struggles when trying to overcome an addiction.
- Smoking should be banned . This is an extremely strong stance, but these are often the most entertaining essays to write.
- Smoking and mood. Studying the linkage between smoking and mood is undeniably intriguing, especially if you smoke or know a smoker.
- Dangers of secondhand smoke . When a person smokes, nearby people also breathe in many of the toxins. You could write about the moral implications or the societal and health impacts of this phenomenon.
- Smoking and cancer. Everyone understands that tobacco use is linked to cancer, so attempt to take a novel perspective if you choose this topic.
- Smoking and cardiovascular disease. Long-term smoking has been linked to heart disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD.) Try to convince your reader of these very clear dangers in your essay.
- Peer pressure and tobacco use. The vast majority of smokers develop this habit at a young age because their friends or acquaintances are already smoking.
- Smoking in pop culture. In the past, movies and TV shows often depicted smoking. Your essay could explore how this pattern has evolved.
- Acquiring bad habits from family members. As pointed out by a famous public service announcement from the 1980s, addictions such as smoking can run in families. You could explain the implications of it.
Ideas for College Essay on Ethics and Society
- Abortion as a controversy . You could use this topic for an abortion debate essay. Rather than taking one position, try to do your best to present different perspectives.
- The case against abortion . In writing a pro-life essay , you need to offer various reasons to oppose abortion.
- The case for access to abortion. You may also consider a pro-choice essay . In this type of abortion persuasive essay, you need to emphasize the costs to individuals and society when women are denied access to abortions.
- Shoplifting and its consequences. Your essay could explore the motivation for this practice, methods of discouraging it, or even its implications to retail businesses. Maybe you can even detail a personal story about a friend who has shoplifted .
- Domestic violence in developed countries. Violence against women and children is frequent in all societies, so you can use your essay as an opportunity to explore domestic violence .
- Types of animal cruelty . Another woefully widespread form of abuse is animal cruelty. It can range from dog fights to factory farming and everything in-between.
- Capital punishment: pros and cons. The vast majority of governments have banned this barbaric practice. When judicial systems have the authority to take lives as punishment for crimes , there are profound social implications.
- Current events analysis. If you have difficulty picking a topic, open up a newspaper or go to your favorite news website . Your next essay can be on the first article you read that captures your attention.
- History of child labor . Under this subject, you could survey the decline of child labor over time. You might also want to consider atypical counterexamples of this trend.
- Child labor laws . Child labor doesn’t occur on a larger scale because it is banned by law. Take some time to research the effectiveness of these laws.
- Child labor across the world. In this essay, try to evaluate how child labor practices vary from one geographic region to another.
- Unemployment and child labor. Sometimes, there aren’t enough jobs even for the adults in a nation, not to mention children. Consider exploring why this happens.
Environmental Issues Essay Topics for College
- Local environmental issues . Success in college essay writing largely depends on one factor: you should pick a problem you are interested in or know a lot about. For example, describe what environmental issues you and your community face.
- The most urgent ecological problems. Burning issues such as pollution, deforestation , biodiversity loss , and scarcity of natural resources can jeopardize the existence of the human race if solutions are not found. You can come up with a perfect essay on any of these challenges.
- Solutions to environmental problems. Winning college essays often include describing and analyzing efficient or inefficient solutions. You can write about emissions restrictions , the use of renewable energy sources, and so on. Why are some solutions ineffective?
- Renewable energy. Solar energy, windmills, electric vehicles, and many other solutions are implemented every year, but environmental issues persist. Your essay can answer the following questions: Why is renewable energy underused? Why is the production of electric vehicles in its infancy, although it started at the beginning of the 20th century?
- Global and political perspectives on sustainability. Some countries, especially in Western Europe, are making significant progress in developing sustainable practices. However, some states focus on gaining economic well-being or supremacy, especially in the developing world. Will the US be one of the global polluters in the future?
- Global warming and how to stop it. This is an urgent contemporary issue that deserves particular attention. An essay on a climate catastrophe may prompt readers to discuss the problem. Describe the ways to avoid adverse consequences for nature and humanity.
- Water and air pollution. Write about the impact of pollution on individual spheres of life. For example, focus on the correlation between contamination and economy.
- The depletion of natural resources. Ecological issues are often connected with natural resources. They’re essential in industrialized societies. You can discuss the depletion of these resources in your college essay.
- The issues of waste disposal. Environmental activists are concerned about severe soil pollution . They also address the negative impact of landfills on ecology. All of this shows that waste disposal is an urgent issue. Study how much of a threat it poses for humanity.
- The dangers of animal extinction. Over the past few decades, many species have become endangered . You can review this problem as a consequence of industrial development.
- Deforestation’s consequences. This topic is closely related to the issue of mass extinction. Forests are a habitat for countless species of animals and plants. What adverse effects does deforestation entail?
- The economic impact of environmental problems. Focus on financial aspects and budget spending on pollution control . You can also highlight the importance of addressing challenges associated with climate change.
Topics for Funny College Essays
- Humorous stories and personal experiences. University essay writing can be enjoyable and even entertaining. Describe some of your adventures or make up a funny story for your assignment. Be creative !
- Interesting historical facts. You can find tons of funny stories if you dig deeper into history. Many entertaining events are well-documented. Choose one and write an essay about it.
- Funny and awkward situations. All students know what it’s like to be in an uncomfortable situation. Try to describe such an event in a comical way. It will allow you to look at it from a different perspective.
- Dealing with unexpected tests. Sometimes professors don’t warn their students about upcoming tests . Did it ever happen to you? You probably didn’t enjoy these experiences. Still, why not describe them in a humorous essay?
- Your personal teaching experience . This topic is suitable for student teachers. Have you tried teaching a whole classroom of noisy children? Successful or not, these experiences make great anecdotes.
- Excessive efforts. Some students put too much effort into education. Sometimes it pays off, and other times it’s all in vain. Does it sound familiar to you? Write an essay about it!
- Poor time management. Delays, late deadlines, and other time management catastrophes can form the basis of this essay.
- Jokes on classmates. Innocent pranks help maintain a friendly environment and even serve as team building . Describe the memories of such humorous situations in your essay.
- Your professors’ jokes. Not only students but also teachers are often inclined towards humor. Occasional jokes on their part can be a good essay topic for college. Such gags can contribute to maintaining interest in a learning environment .
- Least favorite lessons. Describe the most boring or unpleasant class you can remember in a humorous manner.
- Making friends with other students. Awkward and funny situations often accompany these experiences. They can serve as a topic for a great essay.
- Unexpected praise. It’s always a pleasure to receive unexpected recognition from teachers. It’s especially gratifying when you do something well by accident or without even trying. Did anything like that ever happen to you? Then write a short story about it!
Best College Essay Topics on Gender Issues
- Machismo: what is it? How was the term coined? What are areas of life negatively affected by this phenomenon? Think about sports, politics, or popular culture.
- Gender roles in modern societies. Many Harvard essays provide answers to the following questions. How are gender roles distributed in your country, community, family? What factors led to this distribution?
- Famous feminists. Explore the contributions of Lucrezia Marinella, Anne Bradstreet, Emmeline Pankhurst, Eleanor Roosevelt , Marlene Dietrich, Alice Walker, Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, and many other renowned women.
- Men’s views on gender. Writing a good college essay involves an analysis of different perspectives. It can be fascinating to examine men’s attitudes towards gender issues .
- Matriarchy as a social system. You can write about modern societies such as Bribri or Garo. Or, you can find examples of matriarchy in the past. What about Neolithic Ages or Bronze Age ?
- Biological differences between sexes. It can be an eye-opening experience to explore physical differences between men and women. Are they that different?
- Patriarchal society in today’s world. Assessing patriarchy as a trend can help identify key stereotypes and stigmas. How can we facilitate women empowerment ?
- Workplace gender discrimination . Even today, many women struggle to get promoted due to gender stereotypes. Biased attitudes are unacceptable in modern organizations. Where do they originate from, and what should be done about it?
- Conflicts between boys and girls at school. The foundations of interpersonal interaction are laid in a collective environment. Analyze students’ behavior patterns related to interactions between boys and girls. What are the most common causes of conflicts?
- Family violence from a gender perspective. Family violence is a grave social problem. In your paper, identify the underlying determinants of domestic abuse .
- The role of women in science . Assess the contribution of women scientists from different eras. You can focus on their specific achievements and auxiliary work. Both the humanities and the sciences are suitable for analysis.
- Individual duties in parenting. The roles of fathers and mothers in families are often separated. In your essay, analyze stereotypes and behavioral patterns related to parenthood. You can use specific variables such as the time spent with children.
- Women in male-dominated occupations. Assess the performance of women in positions usually occupied by men. You can study female CEOs, firefighters, or filmmakers. What are the career prospects for women in these fields?
Titles for College Essays on Diversity
- Cultural diversity’s importance . Many Stanford essays explore issues associated with cultural diversity and how it can affect individuals, workplaces, and societies.Many Stanford essays explore issues associated with cultural diversity and how it can affect individuals, workplaces, and societies.
- Ethnic diversity in different countries. The US is one of the most conventional examples of a melting pot. How do people of different cultural backgrounds co-exist there? What challenges do they face? How do they solve conflicts?
- Variety of religious beliefs. Religion is one of the most interesting subjects to write an essay on. You can concentrate on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, and dozens of other religions. Scientology or Happy Science can also be excellent essay subjects.
- Diversity related to sexual identity . You can write an outstanding argumentative essay on same-sex marriages or the inclusion of issues such as transgender identity in the K-12 curriculum.
- Personal contribution to diversity development. Address the promotion of diversity as an important social phenomenon. Your essay will raise awareness of this practice.
- Children’s and adults’ views on diversity and ethnicity. This essay can highlight crucial aspects of interpersonal communication. You can pose questions from a child’s perspective. Do other people’s ethnic backgrounds play an essential role for children compared to adults?
- Cross-cultural management in modern organizations. Leaders of various companies promote this valuable practice. It’s highly relevant in today’s business environment. The trend of globalization is one of its crucial factors.
- Gender diversity in the management field. Issues related to the distribution of leadership roles are often discussed in the context of gender. In your paper, evaluate the perception of male and female managers. This analysis may reveal the existing trends and views on the issue of diversity .
- Gender diversity from a criminological perspective . You can evaluate the current situation in the legal field. Assess offenses committed by people of different genders. The proportion of female prisoners, the severity of crimes, and other essential aspects can be used as criteria for comparison. This work may help assess potential bias.
- Gender diversity in the army. Attitudes towards women in military service are interesting to discuss. In an essay, you can present distinctive opinions. Mention the importance of involving people of all genders.
Short Essay Topics for College
- Teenagers’ concerns . You can write a simple essay on the appropriate age to vote or the proper age to buy alcohol. You may also want to examine major reasons for misunderstanding between teenage children and their parents.
- Best something ever. An excellent way to start a college essay is to write about something you admire, such as your favorite movie. What can you learn from it?
- Someone inspirational. For example, why not write an essay about your favorite teacher? How did this person change your life?
- Political issues in the US. Many short college essays are concerned with political life. You can write a winning essay about Electoral College or the flaws in the US voting system.
- An abstract concept. You can define an idea in your short essay. For instance, write about consumerism and the existing definitions of this term. Which one is the most appropriate? Why?
- Modern social values . The topic refers to the shift in moral values. For example, you can discuss the roles of wealth and personal beliefs. Compare them with the values of past eras to highlight the changes.
- Contemporary addictions and methods to deal with them. Explore excessive smartphone use, gaming , and other new addictions. Include the ways of dealing with these problems.
- A management theory overview. This paper can summarize individual findings related to management. Alternatively, you can present one of the theories of business development.
- Proposal of a legal act. This topic is perfect for a law essay. For example, discuss the document’s purpose, stakeholders , and industry-specific implications. The intersection with other regulations is optional.
- A geographic location. A short essay format is convenient for a description of a specific place. You can start by providing the basic facts about it. Include its population, area, resources, and several other parameters.
- Definition of an economic term. In this short essay, analyze a term of your choice. For instance, discuss inflation , capital, clearing, or any other definition. Explain the term you’ve chosen in simple words.
- A science to study. Choosing a science to learn is a potentially daunting task. In your essay, assess any field of study you like. Describe their benefits and pitfalls. You can also mention career prospects.
Great College Essay Ideas in Visual Arts
- Historical periods in art. Your paper can dwell upon a specific era. Why did the Renaissance occur? What are the central peculiarities of Postmodernism ?
- Artists and their personalities. Countless Cornell essays on art provide insight into artists’ legacy. Your essay writing can become a fascinating process if you focus on Leonardo, Paul Gauguin, Claude Monet, Andy Warhol , Artemisia Gentileschi , or Barbara Kruger.
- Prospects of artistic forms. You can use your imagination and think of the world in the 2100s. Try to predict the movements that will become popular in 100 years.
- Masterpieces. Essay writing practice is associated with the ability to narrow topics down. You can choose a specific work for your analysis from the following list: The Birth of Venice , The Scream , Starry Night , and Girl with a Pearl Earring .
- Different genres and styles in visual art . Many distinctive genres characterize visual arts. They differ in style, period, and other aspects. In your essay, you can describe impressionism, surrealism , cubism, abstract art, and other genres.
- Mediums in visual arts. Every art form is distinguished by the use of materials. Explore the peculiarities of oil paintings, prints, or watercolors.
- Art galleries to visit around the world. You may want to choose one art gallery and describe its history. Your essay will be even more interesting if you add the descriptions of the most famous artworks found in the museum.
- How auction houses work. Numerous art pieces and collectibles are sold at auctions. One of the world’s most famous auction houses is Sotheby’s. In your paper, present the workings of an auction of your choice. Add individual examples of profitable deals from its history.
- The most expensive art objects . The cost of many classical paintings is enormous. The prices are usually estimated by qualified experts. Explore this topic in your essay and include information on the most expensive art objects.
- The comparison of classical and contemporary art forms. Art is a dynamic environment that is constantly evolving. New genres and forms of expression appear regularly. In your paper, compare classical canvases with modern means of creative expression such as graffiti . What influences the emergence of new art forms?
- Rescued artworks and their history. History knows examples of great artworks that were found centuries after their disappearance. Your essay can study several art objects saved during wars.
Conspiracy-Related College Essay Topics That Stand Out
- Space exploration . If your essay requirements concerning the topic are not too strict, you can try to answer some of the following questions. Did “a giant leap for mankind” really occur? Why was the Moon project shut down? Is there life on Mars ?
- Wealth distribution. An excellent essay for college students can focus on the allocation of resources. Is there a league of people who own or control all the resources ? How did the world’s wealthiest people earn their money?
- Secret societies of the past and present. Does the Illuminati exist? Can such a secret society persist in the modern world?
- Catastrophes and reasons behind them. Why did Titanic drown? Was the curse of the Pharaoh real? Was the Chernobyl nuclear disaster an accident , or was it an unsuccessful experiment of KGB?
- JFK’s assassination . Who killed the most loved president? Why was the investigation so inadequate? Were any other countries’ agents involved?
- Aliens among us. Does Area 51 exist? What do governments hide? With questions like these, essay writing for college students can be exciting!
- Did Adolf Hitler escape after World War II? One of the most mysterious conspiracy theories is the possible escape of Adolf Hitler. Some people believe that the Nazi leader moved to Argentina after World War II . Your essay may discuss whether his suicide was staged.
- Is HIV an experimental biological weapon against humanity? The end of the 20th century was a difficult time. During this period, a suspicion arose that HIV was a biological weapon. Pharmaceutical companies and governments were blamed for this. What caused this conspiracy?
- Did Elvis Presley fake his death? Elvis Presley , the idol of millions, passed away long ago. However, many fans don’t believe in this outcome. A conspiracy theory was born that the musician faked his death. You can explore its implications and determine what it says about American pop culture.
- 5G cell towers exposure and accusations against Bill Gates . Explore the public fears related to the potential exposure to 5G cell towers. Include the experts’ opinions and assess the role of Bill Gates as one of the promoters of fast Internet.
- Flat Earth theory and its followers. In recent years, many flat Earth proponents have emerged worldwide. In your essay, compare their arguments with officially existing data. Why is this conspiracy so widespread?
- COVID-19 conspiracy theory. Certain groups of people doubt the threat of the pandemic. They believe that the coronavirus is a fictional problem. Your essay might focus on the evidence for the virus’s existence.
✍️ Topics for Different College Essay Types
Below you’ll find writing prompts for problem solution, cause and effect, and definition essays. There’s also a section with personal statement essay topics. Check them out!
- In a problem-solution essay , you need to introduce an issue and suggest several ways to fight it. Usually, each body paragraph describes a different solution. This essay aims to convince the audience that these scenarios are the best ways to eliminate the problem.
- In a cause and effect essay , you need to discuss a problem, its reasons, and possible consequences. It’s better to pay attention to topics that involve multiple studies of the issue (you can read our cause and effect essay guide to learn more.)
- In a definition essay , you need to explain a term, concept, or idea. Sometimes a definition is only a part of a more extensive research paper. It’s crucial to study the topic from different perspectives to provide an extended definition. Before you start working on your essay, make sure that the meaning of the word you’ve chosen is not too simple.
- In a personal statement , you write about yourself. Writing a personal statement or a transfer essay is crucial when applying to college. How do you make it a winning paper? Read our personal statement guide .
Problem Solution Essay Topics for College Students
- How can students contribute to educational system changes in the United States? Discuss student communities and their impact on college life. Do students need to have more power and control over changes in the educational system?
- Ensuring access to clean water in developing African countries. Describe the achievements of charities that aim to help countries such as Ethiopia . You may also write about the costs of technologies that filter water. What are the possible solutions with a limited budget?
- How can you help make energy cleaner? Try to think about what you can do on campus that will enable clean energy access. Decide whether it should be a part of your curriculum.
- Ways of reducing plastic waste in oceans. Research the current efforts of environmental organizations and big businesses. Then, evaluate them and find the best solution.
- Healthy eating habits among children. Think about the right age to start educating children on healthy eating . Find several possible ways to develop the proper habits without forcing children.
- How can students address sustainability and climate change? Describe your participation in ecological projects, communities, etc. You can also discuss the possible things you and other students can do without spending too much time and money.
- Ways of stopping healthcare rising costs in the United States. Highlight the current problems of the healthcare model . What measures does the government take to solve them? Try to find the best way to optimize the resources.
- Psychological support for children who suffered from violence. Research the techniques specialists use when working with children. What do you find more preferable: therapy or medication ? Suggest how we can protect children from further offenses.
- How can we provide equal chances to children who want to receive an education? For this essay, find as much information as possible about financial aid , including grants, loans, and other projects. What’s the best way to make education accessible to everyone?
- Reducing homelessness in the United States. Study the factors that make people homeless and what the government does to fight it. Then try to come up with an action plan.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for College Students
- The effects of regular alcohol consumption on women’s health. Everyone knows that excessive alcohol consumption has highly adverse effects. In your essay, you can discuss the causes of alcoholism in women. Try to find specific information about diseases, psychological problems, and lifestyle changes related to them.
- What causes bullying among preschool children? Children might get violent due to many factors. Describe what beliefs and behavioral patterns influence their actions at preschool age.
- What are the economic effects of the 2020 lockdown ? Write about the changes in the labor market, remote jobs, and new opportunities. How did small businesses manage to survive in extreme circumstances?
- Lack of education in African countries: causes and effects. Discuss why children in some African countries don’t have access to education. Then, explain how it affects labor markets and economies. Make sure to choose only one country as a research subject.
- What will be the effects of implementing higher taxes on tobacco ? Will it inspire people to quit smoking or buy fewer tobacco products? Study the previous cases of such measures and predict the outcomes.
- How does social media affect communication in families? For this essay, research the impact of social media on family relationships. Do social media users communicate more or less with their closest relatives? on family relationships. Do social media users communicate more or less with their closest relatives?
- The causes and effects of glacier melting . Global warming, ozone depletion, and many other factors contribute to this process. Discuss how this issue influences people and animals.
- What would happen if everyone started using electric cars? Study the benefits and drawbacks of electric vehicles . You might discuss the CO2 emissions and safety.
- What are the effects of animal hunting in the United States. We can call hunting a hobby, a sport, and even an illegal activity. In your essay, describe the current laws and why people want to hunt. How do these activities influence animals’ populations?
- The causes and effects of chemical pollution in China. China is the biggest manufacturer of goods in the world. However, the waste that the factories produce becomes dangerous for its ecology. In your essay, research how chemical pollution affects the everyday life and health of the Chinese people.
Definition Essay Topics for College
- Behaviorism in psychology and philosophy. Consider writing your essay on behaviorism as a psychological movement at the beginning of the 20 th century. Additionally, you can provide a broader definition by researching behaviorism in philosophy. century. Additionally, you can provide a broader definition by researching behaviorism in philosophy.
- How can we define egoism ? People interpret human behavior and character traits in different ways. Someone who seems to be an egoist to you can seem like someone with a sense of self-worth to another person. You can provide your own viewpoint on this issue.
- What is the definition of evil ? Some people believe in eternal evil , while others see evil even in the littlest bad things that happen to them. In your opinion, what makes someone or something evil?
- Does the term “commodification” only apply to goods? In the modern world, everything has value. Discuss the moral aspects of commodification and the limits of its application.
- What is your definition of the word “endurance” ? You can compare the physical abilities of athletes and non-athletes. Don’t forget to mention mental stamina that involves dealing with psychological pressure and overcoming difficulties.
- Does the word “ambition” have a positive or negative meaning? Naturally, you can’t give a single answer to this question. Instead, you can discuss both sides of this concept in your paper.
- How can you define the word “dualism”? Describe all the meanings of the word “ dualism ” in philosophy and daily life. Don’t forget to provide your understanding of the concept. You may also explain why this term is controversial.
- What does the word “identity” make you think of? Cover all the meanings of this word. Begin with a set of qualities that defines a person. Also, you may include a psychological interpretation of the term.
- What is your interpretation of the word “justice”? Discuss the legal definition of this concept. Also, you can write about the moral aspects and the subjective meaning of the term. Describe how justice is related to rewards and punishments and its place in the modern world.
- What are your thoughts about realism ? This term is used in many disciplines. For example, it’s prominent in literature and art. In your essay, you may describe realism as a philosophical concept and its different forms and perceptions.
Themes for Your Personal Statement Essay
- Your academic credentials. When writing about your academic achievements , it is appropriate to mention the major things like your degree or courses you’ve had. It’s better to focus on the moral lessons you’ve learned rather than your grades and certificates.
- Your personality traits. A successful acceptance essay will reveal your character. Admission officers want to know who the applicants are. Every university has its specific culture, so they should make sure you can fit in.
- An event that changed your life. Of course, your college entry essay can’t be just an enumeration of character traits. Describe some circumstances where your personal qualities manifested themselves. Again, it’s best to focus on the lessons you’ve learned!
- Commitment as your character trait. Your college admittance essay should also show your dedication. Why do you want to study there? Why do you want to take the course you’ve chosen? What are you ready to do for your alma mater?
- Humor in your life. Even Harvard personal statement essays are often characterized by humor. Write about your failures in a funny way, and admission officers will see your ability to stand up and fight.
- Academic goals and ways to achieve them. Choosing a field to study is a responsible step. You can describe this process in a personal statement . Justify your choice and mention the academic skills necessary for this particular field.
- Creative writing . When applying to a course in English, it can be effective to write a poem rather than a typical description of your educational background.
- Views on society and contemporary values. You can impress the committee by discussing your opinions. One convenient approach is to focus on modern society and its values. Analyze the foundations of a particular cultural environment and assess interaction gaps.
- Professional objectives you want to achieve. Without mentioning professional goals, a personal statement will be incomplete. One effective strategy is to evaluate the desired prospects you want to achieve. They can be related to education as well as work. Pay attention to relevant resources needed to acquire optimal skills.
- Cultural background from an ethnic perspective. A personal statement can be focused not only on your academic experience but also on your cultural background . Include the basic facts about your ethnicity, parents, beliefs, family values, and other information. This way, you’ll present yourself comprehensively and impartially.
- Self-evaluation over time: personal strengths and skills. Both short- and long-term perspectives are worth mentioning. Assessing individual development and career growth can provide you with a helpful timeline.
🚫 College Essay Topics to Avoid
When it comes to college essays, some topics might produce a wrong impression or offend your audience. That is why you need to know what kind of content is not suitable for your academic writing.
Here are the most common examples of the topics that you should avoid:
- Your personal life. Better leave the stories about your breakups aside. For a successful application essay, you can focus on the other areas of your life. Try to choose a topic that will show how well you are suited for the college.
- Inappropriate humor. Provocative, mean, or cruel jokes are not suitable for college essays. Your audience probably won’t consider such humor clever or funny. If you are unsure if a joke fits your task, don’t hesitate to ask your professor.
- Tragic stories. This trope is critical to avoid when writing essays about yourself. It’s okay to mention tragic events, but it’s best to avoid making a pessimistic narrative out of your paper. Instead, you can describe such occurrences as challenges to overcome and focus on the positives.
- Sensitive or controversial topics. Avoid them if you know that they may offend your readers. Politics, religion, abortions, and cruelty are not the best topics for college essays. If your assignment requires writing an essay on one of those topics, make sure you don’t make bold statements or provoke your audience.
- Cliché topics. It’s better to avoid writing about your academic achievements, volunteering, or winning a sports competition. Admissions officers and professors have read similar essays thousands of times.
- Overly narrow topics . It’s good to choose a topic that stands out because it’s not cliché. However, it becomes harder to find enough relevant information if it’s too obscure or limited. Choose a topic like this only if you are sure you will have enough data to research.
- Insulting someone. Offensiveness is a wrong approach to your assignment that creates a negative impression. It’s crucial to stay objective and professional when it comes to academic writing.
- Fancy words. Avoid overcomplicating your essay’s title and its contents. It’s also not a great idea to begin your essay with a trite quote. Instead, it’s best to prioritize logic and clear structure during writing.
- Vague topics . It will likely make your essay lack a focus, which will come off as unprofessional. Make sure to always narrow your topic down to a particular issue.
- Untrue and unrealistic topics. It might be interesting to fantasize about impossible scenarios and get creative. Still, remember that you need to support your statements with solid evidence. It’s much harder to do when you deal with unrealistic topics.
We hope these college essay topics helped you make a great choice. If you need more proposal argument essay topics, feel free to use our topic generator . Let us know in the comments what topic you’ve chosen!
This might be interesting for you:
- College Essay Writing 101—the Comprehensive Guide
- How to Write a Creative Essay: Tips, Topics and Techniques
- Descriptive Writing Exercises to Boost Your Imagination
- Terrific Essay Tools for Fast and Simple Writing
- How to Use the Right Gender-Neutral Pronouns
- How to Write an Outline That Will Earn an A+ Grade
✏️ College Essay Topic FAQ
Think about something that makes you genuinely interested. You will need to research the subject. So if you are bored from the outset, you won’t be able to do a good job and impress your readers.
A good topic doesn’t have to be very serious. It means that the subject under study should fascinate you. Then you would be able to make it enjoyable for others, too. Study something connected with your hobby, favorite author, or even a country.
To choose a good topic, you need to think about your assignment. Different issues are appropriate for argumentative, persuasive, and other types of essays. The main thing is that the subject should interest you. Your essay would be more exciting for the readers if you have fun writing it.
If you are lucky enough to choose a topic for yourself, you can have fun writing the essay. Don’t waste this opportunity! To figure out the best subject, think about your favorite things. If you want to share something with others, write an essay about it.
- Writing Tips: Thesis Statements: Writers Workshop, The Center for Writing Studies, Illinois
- Essay Introductions: UMGC, the University System of Maryland
- How to Read an Assignment: William C. Rice, for the Writing Center at Harvard University
- Thesis Statements: The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Essay Writing: University of Wollongong
- How to Write High-Quality Papers and Essays More Quickly: Ransom Patterson, College Info Geek
- Essay Tips from Andrew K. Strickler, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid: Connecticut College
- Essays that Worked: Hamilton College
- Popular Application Essay Topics: The Princeton Review
- Women’s Health Topics: US Food & Drug Administration
- Essay Topics: Yale College Undergraduate Admissions
- Essay Topics and Tips: College of Arts and Sciences, Lewis & Clark
- Essay Prompts: Seattle Pacific University
- Essay Questions, Undergraduate Admissions: University of Michigan
- Writing the College Essay: Babson College
- The Essay: NYS Higher Education Services Corporation
- Over 1,000 Writing Prompts for Students: The New York Times
- How to Write a College Essay: Sofia Tokar, Southern New Hampshire University
- Personal Essay Topics and Prompts: ThoughtCo
- Who’s the Most Significant Historical Figure?: The Guardian
- The Dos and Don’ts of Campus Life: CollegeXpress
- Climate Change: National Geographic
- 4 Types of Parenting Styles and Their Effect on Kids: Very Well Family
- Campus Life: What to Expect: My Future
- Gender Equality and Women Empowerment: United Nations
- 100 Creative Writing Prompts for Writers: Writer’s Digest
- 13 Benefits and Challenges of Cultural Diversity at Workplace: Hult International Business School
- 7 Benefits of Gender Diversity at Workplace: Workplace.com
- Artists: The Art History
- Art Movements: Artyfactory
- 36 of the Most Popular Conspiracy Theories in the US: Insider
- Personal Statements: University of Connecticut
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Well, I really liked studying it. This post offered by you is very effective for proper planning.
Glad you found this post useful. Thanks for your feedback and be back for more helpful tips!
I do accept as true with all of the ideas you have offered in your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very brief for starters. Could you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.
Firstly, thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it. I’ll definitely take into consideration your request.
All people like adventures and traveling. Adventure essay writing is a nice opportunity to tell about the most amazing events of this kind you had in your life.
You’re absolutely right, Jacob! Thanks for taking a moment and writing the feedback. Hope you’ll be back 🙂
Thanks Thanks Thanks! This totally helped me write my adventure essay! I love your blog, so helpful with writing various types of academic papers.
Such a pleasure to read your warm feedback, Julia! Thanks!
Recommended for You
192 Free Ideas for Argumentative or Persuasive Essay Topics
Looking for a good argumentative essay topic? In need of a persuasive idea for a research paper? You’ve found the right page! Academic writing is never easy, whether it is for middle school or college. That’s why there are numerous educational materials on composing an argumentative and persuasive essay, for...
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics: 285 Simple Ideas for 2023
A persuasive speech on any topic is a performance designed to convince people about something and prove your point. Choosing a suitable topic is crucial for your speech’s success. Do you need some help with finding easy topics for a persuasive speech? Then check these fantastic and easy ideas from...
Good Informative Speech Topics: How to Get Thunders of Applause
Do you know the secret place where people go to get their good informative speech topics? Looking for an interesting topic for speech? Congratulations, because you’ve just found it! So, if you’re ready to get some really good topics for an informative speech, all you need to do is to...
348 Interesting Proposal Essay Topics and Ideas for 2023
A proposal argument is an essay in which you describe a specific issue that needs fixing. It focuses on problem solutions. Are you interested in writing high-quality proposal essays? Or maybe you’re wondering what can make your writing truly outstanding? Here you will find answers to these questions as well...
217 Motivational & Inspirational Essay Topics
Sometimes you just wish there was a marketplace with vendors shouting, “Topics for argument essays! Who wants inspirational topics to write about?” Well, you are lucky enough: you’ll find plenty of inspiring things here! Coming up with some argument essay topics is quite easy! In this article, you’ll find some...
260 Controversial Debate Topics and Questions for Discussion
Are you searching for original, thought-provoking, and really controversial debate topics? Here they are! Selecting any of these 25 controversial topics for debate from Custom-writing.org, you can guarantee a heated dispute in class or exciting polemics with your friends. But first, let’s figure it out, what is debate and how you should pick up great...
46 Great Essay Writing Topics for Students
Before you sit down to write, you need a topic, and these essay writing topics can help you get started.
Writing an essay is an important skill for high school and college students. Essays show a writer’s ability to think through a topic, explore their point of view and persuade or inform others of that. Yet finding essay writing topics can feel vague.
This list will help students find the right topic for a descriptive essay or argumentative essay. It outlines a number of hot topics that students can delve into in order to express their opinions and showcase their writing skills. You can use these to practice your essay writing skills or as prompts for you or students.
Best Essay Writing Topics for Middle School Students
Controversial essay writing topics for older students, persuasive essay topics for older students, compare and contrast essays for older students, narrative essay topics for older students, informative essay topics for older students, a final word on the best essay writing topics, faqs about the best essay writing topics, essay writing resources.
If you are picking an essay for a 7th or 8th-grade student, the topic needs to be something that students in that age range are interested in. This will help them want to do the research and explore their ideas. This age range will often write expository essays or narrative essays, rather than persuasive ones.
Here are some essay topics to consider:
1. Is Climate Change Real?
Climate change is a hot topic with middle schoolers, and this essay topic idea lets them explore it. This essay topic can work well for a persuasive, informative, or cause-and-effect essay.
2. The Benefits (Or Drawbacks) of Homework
Few middle school students enjoy homework, but this can be a great way to get them to dig into why the education system relies on homework. Students can give their opinion about the need for homework or why homework should be eliminated.
3. A Funny Childhood Memory
Middle school students who are not ready to write on argumentative essay topics can practice their English essay writing skills by writing about a funny thing that happened as a child. This topic should focus on entertaining, engaging storytelling.
4. Video Game Addiction
Many young students spend a lot of time playing video games, and this can translate into an essay topic. Exploring the mental health effects of too much video gameplay is a good option. Ask them to write about games they live or spend too much time playing.
5. A Dog, Cat Or The Family Pet
Sometimes younger students find it difficult to write an entire essay about a challenging topic. If that’s the case it’s much easier to write an essay about something they’re familiar with or spend time with every day. Often that’s the family dog cat or pet. They can write about what this animal means to them.
6. My Summer Vacation
This is a staple choice of teachers everywhere, particularly after the summer break. All younger students can write essays easily enough about how they spent a few weeks of school what it is and where they went. Perhaps it was time with a family member or a best friend? There is a good reason that many elementary and middle school teachers assign this as a writing assignment at the start of school.
7. A Personal Victory or Success
A student could start writing this essay by writing about when they felt like all was lost. Then, they could describe how picked themselves up off the dirt and achieved a victory.
8. What Will Life Be Like In 2050?
Will we find solutions to the problems we face today, like poverty and homelessness? Will technology enrich our lives further or be the cause of new issues?
Many young students often think about the future, and this topic allows them to let their imagination run loose.
This way they can express their ideas on how the world will look like in a few decades. It also gives you insight into the child’s personality. Do they see the positives in everything, or are they a bit more realistic?
9. A Trip To The Museum
As children, we loved going to the museum. Even today, it’s interesting to look at historical art, sculptures, and old vehicles.
This essay topic works exceptionally well right after a school holiday. Maybe the young student just witnessed some of the best historical pieces. Writing about this topic allows them to reconnect with the emotion they felt.
In this essay, ask students what they liked most about visiting the museum, important lessons they learned, and how they felt in the moment.
10. Describe Meeting A Famous Person
We all have favorite celebrities that we’d love to meet. This could be an actor, musician, or athlete.
In this essay topic, ask students to describe what it’s like to meet a famous person. How would they feel, what questions would the student ask them, and what activities would they do together.
By asking your student to write the essay as descriptively as possible, they’ll experience the positive emotions associated with meeting their idol.
As they enter high school and college, students should start transitioning from informative essays to persuasive ones. Controversial essay topics are a good way to do this. They help students develop their critical thinking skills and learn how to reason an argument. The below topics the bill well:
10. Why the Sale and Production of Tobacco Should Get Banned
Few people would argue about the health benefits of tobacco, yet it remains a top-selling product. This essay would explore the benefits of banning the sale of the product altogether.
11. Should Every Country Have the Death Sentence?
The death sentence is definitely a controversial ethical and social issue. This essay topic would explore whether or not it is a good way to punish for serious crimes and the benefit or drawback of adding it to every country across the globe.
12. Is Homeschooling Better or Worse than Public School?
Homeschooling is growing in popularity, and this school essay topic would explore the benefits or drawbacks of this particular school choice. It may pull from personal experience if the student homeschooled.
13. Is The US Election Process Fair?
Elections are an essential part of our lives. It gives us the power to determine who’ll govern our country. However, is the election process fair?
In the essay, your student will get an opportunity to voice their ideas, describe what changes they’d like to see, and how those changes will positively impact the nation.
This essay topic requires more research, and students walk away with knowledge that can help them in the long term.
14. How Can We Reduce Climate Change?
Climate change is a serious topic that impacts everyone’s life. Sea levels are rising, which makes it difficult for animals like polar bears to survive.
When writing about this essay topic, students will have to research the effect of climate change, what causes it, and how to reduce its impact.
This requires logical thinking and creativity. It’ll encourage students to come up with a plan of action. Maybe they’ll limit the number of carbon emissions released by companies, promote solar power, or decrease the price of energy-efficient appliances.
Persuasive essays work to convince a reader of the writer’s point of view. These topics lend themselves well to a great essay that focuses on persuasion.
15. Why Soda Should Not Be on Fast Food Kids Meals
Fast food kids meals target young consumers, and soda is often included. Making junk food a way of life contributes to childhood obesity, and this topic could explore alternatives to soda for these kid-centered meals.
16. Illegal Immigrants Should Not Be Jailed
When people enter a country illegally, putting them in jail does not solve the problem. Instead, alternative punishments or even help with attaining legal immigrant status can reduce the strain on an overloaded system while also helping these individuals become part of society.
17. Breastfeeding in Public Should Be Considered Normal
Babies need breast milk to survive, yet many places in society frown on women feeding their babies in public. This essay topic would explore why this is an outdated and unhealthy idea.
18. Why Gun Control Is Needed
The best topics for persuasive essays are ones that are a little controversial. Gun control fits the bill well, and it can be a good topic for an essay. Other topics include alcohol, drugs and, in some cases, religion. That said, it depends on the nature of your students and school.
19. A Turning Point In Your Life
All the students can typically point to an occasion or life event when their worldview or concept that themselves changed ask them to write about a defining life experience.
20. Should Religion Be Taught In Schools?
This essay topic is for older students and adults learners who can take a thoughtful but critical stance on the role of religion in school’s today. Should it be taught or removed from schools and why?
21. Recycling Should Be Compulsory
The average American produces 1,704 pounds of garbage per year. Most of this is thrown in landfills, which can be equally as damaging to the environment as littering. Oceans are also filled with plastic that negatively affects the lives of marine life.
However, if we can recycle all that waste, we won’t damage the environment. This essay topic encourages older students to research recycling and the pros and cons of making it mandatory.
22. Colleges Are Becoming Business Driven
Getting a tertiary education is essential. It allows you to learn a marketable skill that other people pay you for.
However, private colleges are becoming more common, leading people to think that these institutions are more focused on making money.
When writing about this topic, students need to research the cost of college tuition, how this high price negatively impacts your adult lives, and how the government can fix it.
This type of essay compares two like or unlike things, drawing ways they are the same or different. It’s useful as it provides structure for aspiring essayists that they can use to outline a longer work. Some ideas include:
23. Homework vs. Class Assignments
Which has more value, homework or assignments completed in class? This essay topic would explore the contrast between these two types of school assignments. For fun, give it to students to complete in class… and then ask them to revise it at home.
24. Social Media Vs. In-Person Interaction
Social media can keep people connected, but the increased push for social media connection can detract from in-person communication. This essay would explore the contrast between the two types of communication.
25. Physical Education Vs. Nutritional Education
Both exercise and diet play a role in health. This essay topic would explore the impact of both through the education system.
26. Life Before And After The Internet
Older students and adult learners can remember a time before we spend so much time. Is life any better now that we spend so much time connected to the Internet? This essay explores what it means to be always connected.
27. Right Side Vs Left Side of the Brian Thinkers
The right side of the brain thinkers are typically more creative and artistic. The left side of the brain thinkers are analytical and mathematical. What’s more useful in today’s society? What can each type learn from their counterpart?
28. Tea Vs Coffee
Caffeine is a staple for many students and workers. It gives you a boost of energy in the morning, which allows you to get more done. It also helps if you have a test coming up and need to study hard.
However, larger amounts of caffeine are known to cause heart palpitations, anxiety, and increased stress.
In this essay, students look at the benefits and drawbacks of tea and coffee. It empowers them with knowledge on when to limit their consumption.
29. Fashion Today Vs 20 Years Ago
Fashion is constantly changing. What looked cool 20 years ago might look weird today. Older students will also notice how their fashion choices changed from middle school to high school and from high school to college.
In this essay, students talk about what causes this change and how long it takes for the public to accept a specific style.
Sometimes an everyday life experience can make great essay material, and writing about your own life means less risk of plagiarism. Here are some ideas:
30. First Day of School Memories
The first day of school in a new school can be the fodder for a number of personal stories about school life and the social aspects of it. Writers can capture those emotions in this type of essay. It’s also a good type of essay to write as it can serve as a gateway into other types of writing like a memoir.
31. A Memorable Act of Kindness
If someone did something for you once that really stood out, transform that into an essay topic. You will enjoy remembering the action while creating your essay.
32. Your Best or Worst Holiday
What you did or didn’t do on your summer vacation as a child can be a great starting point for a narrative essay. Older students can use this essay prompt to write about past experiences and reflect on them beyond simply reportage.
33. An Experience with Peer Pressure
Peer pressure can be positive or negative, but everyone has experienced it. This essay would explore a time when peer pressure made you do something, or not do something, and what the effect of that decision was.
34. A surprising Event or Change of Fortune.
Was this change in your life for the best or the worst, and how did you respond? Describe in detail.
35. Your First Teacher
When you first met your mentor, teacher or guide. How did you respond to them, and what did they have to show you? Similarly, a student could also write an essay about a teacher they shunned or turned away from.
36. Your Idea Of The Perfect Day
When waking up in the morning, we all strive to have the perfect day. Ask students how their perfect day will look like, what activities they’d do, and with who.
By being as descriptive as possible, students picture the perfect day in their minds. This improves students’ storytelling skills and helps them structure events in chronological order.
37. Imagine A Week Without The Internet Or Technology
This fun experiment gives students insight into how reliant they are on technology and how their life will look without it.
By imagining this week in their heads, it’ll give them an idea of what other activities they’ll engage in. This could be working out, socializing, or learning a new skill.
38. A Day You Overcame Rejection
Rejection is something everyone must face at some point. Few things are scarier than rejection. But when you overcome it, you get a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.
For example, this could be asking that cute guy or girl out on a date or applying for a job at your dream company.
Sometimes the goal of an essay is not to persuade but to inform. Informative or expository essay topics need to have a lot of information behind them, so students have something to write about.. These topics lend themselves well to that:
39. How is Global Warming Changing the Environment
Global warming has many effects, and this essay topic would explore those thoroughly. The goal is simply to inform, not persuade or create change.
40. The Causes of World War II
Exploring the causes behind a global war, like World War II, can create a long essay. You can spin this essay topic easily enough by picking other historical events.
41. What Is Racism, and How Are People Sometimes Unaware of It?
Racism is a hot topic today, and this essay would explore how it can often hide in someone’s way of thinking.
42. Does Free Will Exist?
A popular essay topic in many philosophy and art classes, this is an open-ended subject. A student can use it to explore their personal philosophy and develop their critical thinking skills.
Check out this list for other philosophy questions .
43. What Reading Means to Me
Becoming a better writer means spending a lot of time reading great books. One of the best ways to encourage reading is asking readers and students to reflect on why they love reading what they learned from previous books. It’s good subject matter for an essay too.
44. The Role Of Journalists and the Media
Many people are skeptical and or don’t trust news produced by journalists. But are they right? Surely there is a bar between trustworthy and untrustworthy sources? In this essay, explore how to tell good journalism apart from bad journalism.
45. Animal Testing Should Be Banned
When testing products to see if it’s safe for humans, scientists will run tests on animals. However, this testing isn’t only cruel but ineffective. Animals don’t get certain diseases that humans do. This includes HIV, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia, and certain types of cancers.
In this essay, students must conduct research and present a case for why animal testing is unethical.
46. Why Do Teenagers Commit Suicide?
Suicide is the second leading cause of death for those between the ages of 10 to 24. This is a complex topic since there could be several different factors at play. Some of these include bullying, abuse, and traumatic stress.
When writing this essay, students will be encouraged to dig deeper into the main reasons why teenagers commit suicide and how we can help them as a community. This spreads awareness and gets people to take positive action.
Whether you are a high school student writing an essay for homework or you are sitting down to write a college essay as you apply for school, procrastination often occurs because you do not know what to write about. Having a list of topics handy will help.
To choose a topic, first, decide what type of essay you need to write. Then, browse this list of writing topics to find one that is interesting to you, or use the list to think of a different, similar topic. Soon you will have an essay that is engaging and informative that can showcase your writing abilities well.
If you need more inspiration, check out our guide to the 101+ best writing prompts .
What are some topics for a persuasive essay?
Persuasive essays require a controversial topic in order to give the writer the freedom to write in a persuasive manner. Some good topics for these essays include: Soda in fast food meals Breastfeeding in public Using jail to deter illegal immigrants Banning cell phones for young children
What are some good topics for an essay?
Some good topics for an essay include: Gun control Social media Personal experiences Health Social issues A life event
What is a Personal Essay?
Best Essay Checkers
PaperRater Vs Grammarly
Transition Words For Essays
Essay Writing Tips
Join over 15,000 writers today
Get a FREE book of writing prompts and learn how to make more money from your writing.
Success! Now check your email to claim your prompts.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
Nicole Harms has been writing professionally since 2006. She specializes in education content and real estate writing but enjoys a wide gamut of topics. Her goal is to connect with the reader in an engaging, but informative way. Her work has been featured on USA Today, and she ghostwrites for many high-profile companies. As a former teacher, she is passionate about both research and grammar, giving her clients the quality they demand in today's online marketing world.
View all posts
Essay Writing Guide
Interesting Essay Topics to Ensure A Better Grade
25 min read
Published on: Sep 16, 2017
Last updated on: May 26, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Essays are hard to start.
It's especially challenging when you have to keep track of all the things your professor wants in your paper
Essay assignments can be confusing and overwhelming. There are so many different types of essays, and each professor seems to have a different set of requirements. You might feel like you have too many options or are unsure of what the professor is looking for.
With over 380+ topics to choose from, you're sure to find one that fits your assignment perfectly. Our extensive list of essay topics has everything you need to get started on your next writing project. From fresh, innovative ideas to classic prompts, we have it all covered. Whatever type of essay you're looking to write, we have a topic for you.
Let's dive right in!
Tips for Choosing the Best Topics
The topic of your essay is the most important part. If your topic is not good, it will be hard to write a good paper.
The best topics are the ones you can easily write about. When choosing your essay topic, think about your audience.
If your audience doesn't know a lot about the topic, don't choose a topic that is too technical or specialized. Also, think about what would be interesting for your readers. What would they like to learn about?
The following essay topic ideas will help you impress your teacher and get a better score.
- The current COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on families
- Coronavirus and its medication
- How does coronavirus damage a person's health?
- How did the world change after the coronavirus?
- Negative side effects of Covid-19
- Everything you need to know about the coronavirus
- How did Covid-19 impact businesses?
- What medicines are good for coronavirus?
- How does covid-19 lead to cabin fever and anxiety symptoms?
Essay Topics for Different Types of Essays
For writing an essay , the first step is to decide on the topic.
You might think that it is better when teachers assign you a topic. But having the right to come up with your own ideas is always better.
Here you can find interesting topics and ideas for different types of essays to help you get started.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
- Education should be made free for everyone.
- Junk food is the primary culprit behind obesity in US
- Internet access to students should be limited.
- Does asking someone to reduce weight equate to body shaming?".
- Should physical education be mandatory for college students?
- Does the keto diet leads to weight loss in a healthy manner
- Is golf still a popular sport?
- Should death penalties be implemented in every country?
- Sports players on steroids should be banned.
- Should kids be allowed to adopt e-gaming as a progressive career?
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
- Do you hate your favorite childhood superhero now?
- What’s better: a hot dog, a delicious sandwich, or a burger?
- Is the body or the mind primary?
- Do you think that drug use should be legalized?
- It is a crime to eat french fries without ketchup
- Is Nutella the best sandwich spread ever made?
- Fast food is making America fat.
- Taking candy from a baby.
- Are the gender equality rules at the school fair?
- Is the common core good for students?
Looking for more argument essay topics? We have a detailed list of more good argumentative essay topics for your help.
Persuasive Essay Topics
- Contemporary exams do not match the student’s ability.
- Soda should not be given to children in restaurants.
- Women should be allowed to breastfeed in public.
- The internet was created to perform social engineering in societies
- Parents should be responsible when it comes to providing their children with a healthy diet.
- Churches should pay taxes too.
- The drinking age should be raised.
- Gender identity is determined when a child is young.
- Same-sex marriages should be made legal all around the world.
- Illegal immigrants should not be sent to jail.
Explore our detailed guide on persuasive essay topics and find a hot topic or a good idea for your paper.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Advertising influences brand image.
- Insomnia influences a person’s cognitive ability.
- How exercising regularly helps reduce stress.
- Cause and effect of poverty.
- Effect of school bullying on children.
- Uber’s influence on taxi drivers.
- Cause and effect of the internet on the promotion of social programs.
- Optimal Omega-3 intake leads to better heart health
- What are the causes of terrorism?
- Effects of professional sports on children.
Related: Cause and Effect Essay Topics - 100+ Ideas for Your Essay
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- College versus junior high.
- Unemployed students versus students who work.
- Washington versus Lincoln.
- Burger versus pizza.
- English versus Maths.
- Movies versus Television shows.
- Comparison between an apple and an orange.
- Coke or Pepsi.
- The sun or the moon.
- Popcorn or Nachos.
If you need more ideas, here are some interesting compare contrast essay topics for your help.
Narrative Essay Topics
- Memories from your first day of school.
- The day when you got your dog.
- Your favorite movie and why?
- Memories from the day the power was out.
- A day at the amusement park.
- A sad experience with someone you care about.
- The day you experienced a historic event.
- An act of kindness.
- A time when you got lost in a mall.
- Your most disappointing birthday.
Related: Interesting Narrative Essay Topics For Your Essay
Expository Essay Topics
- A social issue that has impacted our society drastically.
- Why do women choose to continue an abusive relationship?
- The instances where people face gender discrimination in the workplace.
- How do people become racist without being unaware?
- Which religion will you introduce to your children?
- What materials can be used in building a sustainable structure?
- If you could create a cure for one disease, what would it be?
- Which country will you repeatedly visit and the reason behind it?
- How does pop music impact our way of our life?
- The sales and production of tobacco should be made illegal.
Here are some more interesting expository essay topics for your help.
Rhetorical Analysis Essay Topics
- "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls.
- "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson.
- "The Revenant" By Michael Punke.
- "Witches Loaves" By O'Henry.
- Tintern Abbey in Pride and Prejudice.
- "Yes, Please" By Amy Poehler.
- Analyse Edgar Allen Poe’s poem ‘Raven.’
- "Success Strategies” by David Oedepo
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
The best way to write an interesting essay is by choosing one of our many rhetorical analysis essay topics .
Analytical Essay Topics
- The impact of Martin Luther King's speech “I have a dream” on modern American politics
- The significance of Pablo Picasso's artwork “The Old Guitarist”
- Important characteristics of Denzel Washington Speech at the University Of Pennsylvania
- Impact of the psychoanalytic theory on modern psychology
- The impact of Romeo and Juliet on the modern concept of love
- The significance of national security strategy 2018 on great power politics
- How does the author's treatment of the subject matter in “The Catcher in the Rye” differ from that in “The Great Gatsby”?
- How are the characters in “To Kill a Mockingbird” used to illustrate different aspects of racial prejudice in America during the 1930s?
- How is the treatment of love different in Shakespeare's “Romeo and Juliet” and “Othello”?
- How does the author use symbolism to develop the theme of good vs. evil in “The Scarlet Letter”?
Follow the link to get some more ideas and interesting analytical essay topics to begin writing.
Descriptive Essay Topics
- A painting.
- A best friend.
- A dream apartment.
- The beautiful moment of your life.
- A day at work.
- A life-changing experience.
- Last day at school.
- Your lucky charm.
- A class reunion.
- My favorite singer.
Our essay writers have gathered a huge list of descriptive essay topics ideas for your help. Give it a thorough read.
Informative Essay Topics
- The education system is changing.
- Why we should be worried about global warming.
- How many planets are in space?
- Effects of global warming.
- Can wild animals become pets?
- The cost of college textbooks.
- How to reduce stress.
- The influence of modern art.
- Alcohol and the nervous system.
- Famous Fast food chains and their business model
You can choose from a wide variety of interesting informative essay topics to meet your needs.
Definition Essay Topics
- What is dreaming?
- What is climate change?
- Define true happiness.
- What does love mean?
- What is global warming? And how can it be stopped?
- What is pro-choice and pro-life?
- What are communism and capitalism?
- What are the characteristics of good mental health?
- What is e-learning and what are its pros and cons?
- Define sportsmanship.
Problem Solution Essay Topics
- How to prevent social media bullying?
- How to help a depressed person?
- How texting affects face-to-face relationships?
- How to prevent injuries in sports?
- How can parents teach their children about time management?
- How to deal with manipulative and dominating people?
- How can schools and colleges be made safer?
- How to prevent deaths due to drunk driving?
- How to help families with a child with mental illness?
- How to stop violence in schools?
Personal Essay Topics
- A person you admire the most.
- Are you addicted to games?
- How did you learn to draw?
- What is your life’s goal?
- Things you hate the most?
- Why do I prefer online shopping?
- Your biggest achievement.
- What does success mean to you?
- What annoys you the most?
- Why is volunteering important?
Proposal Essay Topics
- In what ways can we reduce obesity?
- How to encourage children to be more active in extracurricular activities?
- How should students be graded?
- How to manage food resources correctly.
- How can we stop desertification?
- How to reduce underemployment?
- How can technology be used to save the environment?
- What measures should be taken to avoid the next economic crisis?
- What is the best way to discipline kids?
- Effects of unemployment.
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Evaluation Essay Topics
- The dip in Manchester United's performance after the exit of Sir Alex Ferguson
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of American secondary education.
- Evaluate the early and later music career of Micheal Jackson
- Modern and ancient arts: differences and similarities.
- Analyse the consequences of cultural shock.
- What is the difference between European and American curricula?
- Impact of social media on social relationships.
- Traditional relationships vs. online relationships.
- The impact of socioeconomic inequalities on modern American political fault lines
- Impact of Pearl harbor incidence on World War II
Process Analysis Essay Topics
- How to start a blog?
- How to set up your own website?
- How to plan the perfect birthday party?
- How to use social sites sensibly?
- How to end a bad relationship?
- How to write a book?
- How to make money online?
- How to start losing weight in 30 days?
- How to apply for an internship?
- How to find a perfect job?
The best way to write an essay is by coming up with a topic that you're passionate about. If your interests are narrow, then be sure to check out some other process analysis essay topics for inspiration!
Illustration Essay Topics
- Describe how you would make a decision about what career to choose.
- Illustrate the importance of learning different languages.
- Is it possible that there is life on other planets? Explain.
- What is the best way to revitalize your hometown?
- Can women do everything that men can do? What’s your point of view?
- Describe the benefits of playing video games?
- Describe the elements of a sincere apology.
- Describe why people get married?
- Describe how movies influence your look at life.
- Write about your best friend.
If you're stuck on what topic to write about, check out these creative and engaging illustration essay topics .
Exploratory Essay Topics
- What are the benefits of online dating?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- How safe is nuclear energy?
- What should be the role of a woman in society?
- What are the challenges of raising a kid as a single parent?
- What are the effects of early marriages?
- The effect of reality tv shows on society
- Is a long-distance relationship effective?
- Advantages and disadvantages of globalization.
- The aftermath of the Tsunami.
Classification Essay Topics
- Types of eating disorders.
- Types of Facebook users.
- Different types of video games.
- Different types of students in college.
- Types of self-help strategies for stress and depression.
- Different types of political systems.
- Teaching strategies in high school.
- Types of exercises to lose weight easily.
- Home remedies for acne.
- Types of phobias.
We hope that by now you have a good topic for your essay. If not, check out these other classification essay topics .
Synthesis Essay Topics
- The Electoral College as a tool to determine the outcome of Presidential elections.
- Predicting animal adaptation by examining various evolutionary theories.
- A side-by-side analysis of the theories behind JFK's shooting
- Economic and social impacts of proposed legislation by Donald Trump
- Comparing plans to attract more visitors and create business opportunities.
- Examining crime rates in urban locations and the countryside
- Analysis of different theories on the causes of the Great Depression
- An account of the American Civil War from historical texts
- A synthesis of different theories of motivation to create behavioral change
- A unified approach to managing diabetes by examining global research from around the world
- The scientific method as a means of acquiring knowledge
We hope that you will find the perfect topic for your essay. If there's a specific kind of subject matter which interests you, be sure to check out more synthesis essay topics .
Good Essay Topics for Students
The following are lists of ideas for essays on various topics for students.
Essay Topics for Kids
- Environmental pollution
- Internet and its usage
- Importance of friends
- My favorite book
- Global warming
- Your favorite fruit
- Life without a mobile phone
- What is the use of a computer?
- Computer and science
Essay Topics for Grade 3
- Sports and games.
- Time management.
- Women empowerment.
- My last summer vacation.
- Is it good to be bilingual?
- Eating healthy.
- PE in the curriculum.
Essay Topics for Grade 4
- Importance of discipline.
- Natural resources.
- Importance of family.
- Peer pressure.
- Capital punishment.
- Importance of recycling.
- Child memories.
Essay Topics for Grade 5
- A memorable trip with the family.
- Greenhouse effect.
- The conversation of nature.
- Communication skills.
- Secular state.
- Fundamental rights.
- Health and fitness.
- Benefits of morning walk.
- A city that you like to visit.
Essay Topics for Middle School Students
What are some good essay topics for middle school?
Remember, middle schoolers, your final grade also depends on the topic you choose for your essay. Many middle school students find it difficult to come up with an interesting topic for their essays. For your help, we have provided you with interesting essay topic ideas that you can choose from.
- Different methods to mow the lawn.
- Ways to deal with insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
- Ways to help you get rid of bad habits.
- Things that you need to throw an excellent party.
- Tricks that can help you find a nice roommate in college.
- Do schools do enough to prevent bullying?
- Is climate change real, and is it happening?
- Write about the funniest experience you have ever had.
- Should we fear failure?
- Is fast food to blame for the obesity problem?
Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Freedom of the press.
- Vehicle pollution.
- Does art pay?
- Domestic violence.
- Impact of stress on health.
- Causes of racism.
- Importance of tree plantation.
- Life on Mars.
- Reading books.
Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Financial literacy.
- Morning walk.
- Child labor.
- Life of soldiers.
- A funny incident.
- Why learning history is important.
- Benefits of ebooks.
- How to prevent global warming.
- Effects of erosion.
- Environment and human health.
Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Population growth.
- Social networking sites.
- Culture and tradition.
- Pollution due to firecrackers.
- How to help animals.
- Why homework is important.
- The best reality tv show.
- Video game addiction.
- Problems faced by working women.
- Consequences of global warming.
Essay Topics for Grade 9
- Horror films.
- Bad language.
- Is tattoo art?
- Healthy food.
- Career and goals
- Train journey
- How can one prevent stress due to COVID-19?
Essay Topics for Grade 10
- Should you pay attention to what other people say about you?
- Regulation of alcohol usage.
- What causes addiction to junk food, and how to combat it?
- Obesity: main causes and remedial steps.
- Teenage versus adulthood.
- Comparison between cats and dogs.
- Difference between homework and class assignments.
- Pros and cons of traveling alone.
- Are public schools better than private schools?
- Homeschooling versus attending an actual school.
Essay Topics for Grade 11
- Difference between exams in colleges and schools.
- Difference between driving a bike and a car.
- Essay writing versus blog writing.
- The best childhood memory.
- My family treasures.
- What is the importance of a kid's participation in sports?
- Do fad diets actually work?
- What will life be like in 2050?
- Your most memorable trip
- A visit to a hill station
Essay Topics for Grade 12
- The most striking news of the past year
- The era of digitalization
- Highly graded subjects
- What is an allergy?
- Why are movies better than books?
- A successful marriage
- Recycling should be compulsory
- Life before and after the internet
- Career tips for students
- What is your role model?
Essay Topics for High School Students
Finding an interesting essay topic for a high school essay is not an easy task. That's why our experts have curated a list of interesting topics for your help.
Have a look at the following topics for high school essays to come up with your own ideas.
- Does the fashion industry need to change the way they advertise?
- Do beauty pageants carry any benefits for women?
- Should women get plastic surgery?
- What instigated World War 2?
- What do people mean when they say “Fake news?”
- Can constant use of drugs cause brain damage?
- Can gun control help in regulating crime?
- Is summer school designed to help children?
- Methods that are used by professionals to get their dream job.
- The ways to deal with on-campus violence.
Essay Topics for College Students
Teachers expect more from college students. Therefore coming up with ideas that can grab the teacher’s attention is an important yet difficult task to accomplish. To help college students, here are some interesting topic ideas to make the start of your essay writing much easier.
- Role of Modern Media in contributing to eating disorders.
- Is technology turning people into zombies?
- Is censorship on the internet necessary?
- Will there be a 3rd World War?
- Every student should have the right to choose the discipline they are interested in. Discuss.
- What does it take to become a politician?
- The reasons behind high unemployment rates.
- The aftermath of earthquakes.
- Which countries have the most corruption?
- Should there be a restriction on the sales and production of tobacco?
Essay Topics by Subjects
During the course of any subject, teachers ask students to write essays related to one general topic. The variety of subtopics can easily confuse students to make up a good essay topic. To help such students, here is a list of essay topics by subjects to choose from.
Essay Topics on Languages
- The change of language over time.
- The use of text messages has ruined the modern language: is it true?
- How to explore new languages.
- Neuro-linguistic programming and how it works.
- Physical communication or verbal communication: which is effective?
- Explore the ways in which people can communicate.
- Benefits of learning a second language.
- Explain how learning languages work.
- Is learning a new language in high school important?
- Why is English important?
Essay Topics on Social Media
- Influence of social media on youth.
- What are the cons of social media?
- Should texting and driving be illegal?
- The impact of social media on the life of teenagers.
- How does social media affect the relationship between parents and children?
- Does social media like Pinterest should be used in the classrooms?
- How to handle the problem of being bullied through social media?
- What rules should students follow when posting to social media?
Essay Topics on Technology
- Technology and the global economy.
- The positives and effects of technology.
- The role of 3-D printing in Medicine.
- What science has to offer to disabled people?
- Face detection software and the problem of identity theft.
- Adding connectivity to our home devices: is it helpful or not?
- Cloud computing and artificial intelligence
- How has technology changed our life?
- Life without technology
- Technology has its own rules
Essay Topics on Current Affairs
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Economy
- The Impact of Brexit on the European Union
- The Refugee Crisis in Europe
- Climate Change and its Impacts
- Terrorism and its Impact on International Relations
- The Challenge of Global Terrorism
- The Crisis in Ukraine
- The Conflict in Syria
- The Rise of Populism
Essay Topics on Corruption
- The Impact of Corruption on Economic Development
- The Relationship Between Corruption and Inequality
- The Role of the Media in Combating Corruption
- The Impact of Corruption on Political Stability
- The Relationship Between Corruption and Crime
- The Use of Technology in Combating Corruption
- International Cooperation in Combating Corruption
- The Private Sector and Combating Corruption
- Civil Society and Combating Corruption
- The Causes of Corruption
Essay Topics on Climate Change
- The effects of climate change on human health
- The impact of climate change on global food security
- The economic impacts of climate change
- The role of the media in communicating the risks of climate change
- The ethical implications of climate change
- The Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture
- The Impacts of Climate Change on Wildlife
- The Potential Solutions to Climate Change
- The Challenges in Implementing Solutions to Climate Change
- The Role of the Individual in Solving Climate Change
- Social media and its impact on society
- The role of social media in promoting democracy
- The use of social media in marketing and advertising
- Social media and its impact on relationships
- The role of social media in education
- The use of social media by law enforcement and other government agencies.
- The role of social media in the spread of misinformation and fake news.
- The impact of social media on the way we consume news and information.
- The role of social media in the rise of “echo chambers” and filter bubbles.
- The potential for social media to be used as a tool for surveillance and control
Essay Topics on Democracy
- The origins of democracy
- The evolution of democracy
- The benefits of democracy
- The drawbacks of democracy
- The future of democracy
- The different forms of democracy
- The relationship between democracy and development
- The impact of globalization on democracy
- Democratic theory and practice
Essay Topics on Social Issues
- The Impact of Social Media on Society
- The Relationship between Education and Social Class
- The Role of the Family in Child Development
- The Effects of Poverty on Health
- The Impact of Technology on Human Interaction
- The impact of technology on social interactions
- The effects of social media on body image
- How to deal with cyberbullying
- Raising children in a digital age
Essay Topics on Current Issues
- The rise of the gig economy and its impact on workers
- The role of technology in increasing inequality
- The challenges of climate change adaptation
- The implications of Brexit for the European Union
- The rise of populism and its impact on democracy
- The increasing inequality of wealth and income
- The spread of infectious diseases
- The threat of nuclear proliferation
- The decline of democracy in developed countries
- The rise of China as a global power
- The spread of religious extremism
Essay Topics About Mental Health
- The prevalence of mental health disorders in the United States.
- The impact of mental health disorders on individuals and society.
- The causes of mental health disorders.
- The treatments available for mental health disorders.
- The challenges faced by individuals with mental health disorders.
- CBT for obsessive compulsive disorders
- Role of Antidepressants in treating Depression
- Impact of noise pollution on mental health
- Social media use leads to negative self-esteem
- Attachment issues in adults is related to childhood parenting issues
Essay Topics about Music
- Music as a form of expression
- The role of music in society
- Music and emotion
- Music and the brain
- The history of music
- The positive role of music in improving mental health
- Music and the college life
- Pop music has reduced the importance of classical music
- Good lyrics are important for the success of a classical song
- Good music leads to successful blockbuster movies
Essay Topics About Love
- Love as a universal emotion
- The different stages of love
- The concept of love in different cultures
- The role of love in our lives
- The impact of love on our mental and physical health
- The evolution of love over time
- The different types of love
- Love and sex
Essay Topics About Yourself
- Introduce yourself in a unique way that captures your reader's attention.
- Discuss an accomplishment that you are proud of, and how it has shaped who you are today.
- Describe a time when you faced a challenge, and how you overcame it.
- Share an experience that has helped to shape your values and beliefs.
- Discuss what you hope to achieve in the future, and how your experiences to date have prepared you for this.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how you coped with it.
- Tell us about a time when you were proud of yourself and why.
- What are your plans for the future?
Essay Topics About the Environment
- The impact of human activity on the environment
- The role of the government in protecting the environment
- The importance of the greenhouse effect
- The challenges of climate change
- The future of the environment
- The threat of climate change
- The impact of deforestation
- The loss of biodiversity
- Water pollution
- Air pollution and impact on human health
Feel free to choose from the above topics and start writing your essay confidently.
Get Essay Help On Any Topic From Expert Writers
Keep in mind that your essay topic accounts for 50% of its success. It plays an important role to get the attention of readers and invoke their interest.
If you decide on a good argumentative topic and support it with relevant discussion, you will definitely get a good grade. Otherwise, you can also hire a professional essay writer online.
Hopefully, our essay help online succeeded in giving you several interesting ideas in regard to different topic choices.
We have suggested topics for different levels of education, types of essays, and subjects. We have provided you with the best and latest English essay topics for your help.
Therefore, refer to the above essay topics list to drive ideas and then create an interesting paper.
Contact our best essay writing service if you need your essay written by experts!
Nova A. (Literature, Marketing)
Nova Allison is a Digital Content Strategist with over eight years of experience. Nova has also worked as a technical and scientific writer. She is majorly involved in developing and reviewing online content plans that engage and resonate with audiences. Nova has a passion for writing that engages and informs her readers.
People also read
An Ultimate Essay Writing Guide for Students
Learn How to Write An Essay in Simple Steps
A Complete 500 Word Essay Writing Guide With Examples
Different Types of Essays In Academic Writing
Essay Format: A Basic Guide With Examples
Learn How to Create a Perfect Essay Outline
Learn How to Start an Essay In Simple Steps
A Complete Essay Introduction Writing Guide With Examples
What is a Hook Example For an Essay? Know Now
Learn How to Write a Thesis Statement With Examples
Good Thesis Statement Examples For Your Help
What is a Topic Sentence? - Definition & Examples
Learn How to Write a Conclusion in Simple Steps
Transition Words For Essays - The Ultimate List 2023
What are the 4 Types of Sentences - Definition & Examples
Rules and Writing Conventions For College Student
Essay Writing Problems - 5 Most Paralyzing Problems
Useful Tips for Students on How to Make an Essay Longer
How to Title an Essay - A Short Guide & Examples
Learn How to Write a 1000 Word Essay Like a Pro
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
- Clerc Center | PK-12 & Outreach
- KDES | PK-8th Grade School (D.C. Metro Area)
- MSSD | 9th-12th Grade School (Nationwide)
- Gallaudet University Regional Centers
- Parent Advocacy App
- K-12 ASL Content Standards
- National Resources
- Youth Programs
- Academic Bowl
- Battle Of The Books
- National Literary Competition
- Discover College and Careers (DC²)
- Youth Debate Bowl
- Immerse Into ASL
- Got Skills?
- Deaf Youth Pride
- Alumni Relations
- Alumni Association
- Homecoming Weekend
- Class Giving
- Get Tickets / BisonPass
- Sport Calendars
- Cross Country
- Swimming & Diving
- Track & Field
- Indoor Track & Field
- Winter Cheerleading
- Human Resources
- Plan a Visit
- Request Info
- Areas of Study
- American Sign Language
- Art and Media Design
- Communication Studies
- Data Science
- Deaf Studies
- Educational Neuroscience
- Hearing, Speech, and Language Sciences
- Infants, Toddlers and Families Graduate Programs
- Information Technology
- International Development
- Interpretation and Translation
- M.S. in Accessible Human-Centered Computing
- Philosophy and Religion
- Physical Education & Recreation
- Public Affairs
- Public Health
- Sexuality and Gender Studies
- Social Work
- Theatre and Dance
- World Languages and Cultures
- B.A. in American Sign Language
- B.A. in Art and Media Design
- B.A. in Biology
- B.A. in Chemistry
- B.A. in Communication Studies
- B.A. in Communication Studies for Online Degree Completion Program
- B.A. in Deaf Studies
- B.A. in Deaf Studies for Online Degree Completion Program
- B.A. in Education with a Specialization in Early Childhood Education
- B.A. in Education with a Specialization in Elementary Education
- B.A. in English
- B.A. in Government
- B.A. in Government with a Specialization in Law
- B.A. in History
- B.A. in Interdisciplinary Spanish
- B.A. in International Studies
- B.A. in Interpretation
- B.A. in Mathematics
- B.A. in Philosophy
- B.A. in Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology for Online Degree Completion Program
- B.A. in Social Work (BSW)
- B.A. in Sociology
- B.A. in Sociology with a concentration in Criminology
- B.A. in Spanish
- B.A. in Theatre Arts: Production/Performance
- B.A. or B.S. in Education with a Specialization in Secondary Education: Science, English, Mathematics or Social Studies
- B.S in Risk Management and Insurance
- B.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Biology
- B.S. in Business Administration
- B.S. in Chemistry
- B.S. in Information Technology
- B.S. in Mathematics
- B.S. in Physical Education and Recreation
- B.S. In Public Health
- Honors Program
- Interdisciplinary Studies: Infants, Toddlers and their Families Masters of Arts Program
- M.A. in Counseling: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Counseling: School Counseling
- M.A. in Deaf Education
- M.A. in Deaf Education Studies
- M.A. in Deaf Studies: Cultural Studies
- M.A. in Deaf Studies: Language and Human Rights
- M.A. in Early Childhood Education and Deaf Education
- M.A. in Elementary Education and Deaf Education
- M.A. in International Development
- M.A. in Interpretation: Combined Interpreting Practice and Research
- M.A. in Interpretation: Interpreting Research
- M.A. in Linguistics
- M.A. in Secondary Education and Deaf Education
- M.A. in Sign Language Education
- M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Au.D. in Audiology
- Education Doctorate (EdD) in Transformational Leadership and Administration in Deaf Education
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D. in Critical Studies in the Education of Deaf Learners
- Ph.D. in Hearing, Speech, and Language Sciences
- Ph.D. in Linguistics
- Ph.D. in Translation and Interpreting Studies
- Ph.D. Program in Educational Neuroscience (PEN)
- Individual Courses and Training
- Certificate in Sexuality and Gender Studies
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Infants, Toddlers and their Families: Collaboration and Leadership Interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate
- Educating Deaf Students with Disabilities (online, post-bachelor’s)
- American Sign Language and English Bilingual Early Childhood Deaf Education: Birth to 5 (online, post-bachelor’s)
- Peer Mentor Training (low-residency/hybrid, post-bachelor’s)
- Online Degree Programs
- Deaf Studies Minor for ODCP Psychology Majors
- ODCP Minor in Communication Studies
- ODCP Minor in Deaf Studies
- ODCP Minor in Psychology
- ODCP Minor in Writing
- Psychology Minor for ODCP Deaf Studies Majors
- Writing Minor for Online Degree Completion Program
- PK-12 & Outreach
- NSO Schedule
Essay Topic Suggestions to Help You Get Started
10 Topic Suggestions for Descriptive Essays
10 Topic Suggestions for Narrative Essays
Return to Top
10 Topic Suggestions for Process Analysis Essays
10 Topic Suggestions for Exemplification Essays
10 Topic Suggestions for Comparison and Contrast Essays
Return to Top
10 Topic Suggestions for Analogy Essays
10 Topic Suggestions for Classification Essays
10 Topic Suggestions for Cause and Effect Essays
Return to Top ]
10 Topic Suggestions for Definition Essays
10 Topic Suggestions for Argument and Persuasion Essays
- About (2012). Retrieved April 27, 2012, from http://grammar.about.com/od/tz/g/topicterm.htm
- Free Writing (2012). Retrieved April 27, 2012, from http://www.writingvalley.com/category/essay-topics/
At a Glance
- Quick Facts
- University Leadership
- History & Traditions
- Consumer Information
- Our 10-Year Vision: The Gallaudet Promise
- Annual Report of Achievements (ARA)
- The Signing Ecosystem
- Not Your Average University
- Library & Archives
- Technology Support
- Interpreting Requests
- Ombuds Support
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Profile & Web Edits
- Explore Our Campus
- Virtual Tour
- Maps & Directions
- Shuttle Bus Schedule
- Kellogg Conference Hotel
- Welcome Center
- National Deaf Life Museum
- Apple Guide Maps
- Work at Gallaudet / Clerc Center
- Social Media Channels
- University Wide Events
- Sponsorship Requests
- Data Requests
- Media Inquiries
- Gallaudet Today Magazine
- Giving at Gallaudet
- Financial Aid
- Registrar’s Office
- Residence Life & Housing
- Safety & Security
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- University Communications
- Clerc Center
Gallaudet University, chartered in 1864, is a private university for deaf and hard of hearing students.
Copyright © 2023 Gallaudet University. All rights reserved.
- Cookie Consent Notice
- File a Report
800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, D.C. 20002