55 Loyalty Quotes About Staying True to Loved Ones
As a fomer educator and mom blogger who's a mother of four, Kristin shares helpful tips and advice on a variety of topics.
Learn about our Editorial Policy .
Of all the worthy traits and qualities to possess, loyalty has to be one of the most coveted. Be loyal in love, loyal in friendship, and loyal to yourself and your beliefs, and you will certainly be viewed and valued as a good person, one worth sticking by. These loyalty quotes are all about support, allegiances, and devotion.
Love and Loyalty Quotes
Being in a respectful, loyal relationship is something many people strive for. These quotes are all about honoring your partner with an unbreakable bond of loyalty. Nothing can turn you against the person you would ride or die for.
- Stay loyal to one another, and you shall stay together forever.
- You know I have given you my everything if you have my loyalty.
- A loyal partner is worth more than all the diamonds in the world.
- Together, we shall stand forever because the foundation is built with trust, devotion, and loyalty.
- I'll be loyal to you for all the days of my life because I know no other way.
- Love grows as a garden if you choose to water it with devotion, honor, and loyalty.
- True loyalty is the rarest of traits. Should you be fortunate enough to experience it, cherish it, nurture it and return it.
- Two imperfect people who remain loyal to each other are perfect in the eyes of the heart.
- Respect and loyalty are not bonus qualities in a partner. They are prerequisites.
- If you desire loyalty from your partner, choose to display that characteristic yourself.
- 55 Funny Valentine's Day Quotes for Singles You'll Want to Share
- Scorpio Personality Traits & Characteristics
- What Kind of Women Do Aries Men Like?
Famous Quotes on Staying Loyal to Those You Love
These well-known quotes on loyalty help illustrate why being loyal and seeking loyalty is so beneficial to the human experience.
- "If put to the pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness." - Elbert Hubbard
- "Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I've ever thought I'd have." - Ernie Banks
- "The whole point of loyalty was not to change: stick with those who stuck with you." - Larry McMurtry
- "Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard. " - Confucius
- "Where there is loyalty, weapons have no use." - Paulo Coelho
- "You cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things." - Clarence Francis
- "Loyalty is a characteristic trait. Those who have it, give it free of charge." - Ellen J. Barrier
- "Loyalty is a decision, a resolution of the soul." - Pascal Mercier
- "Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness." - Edwin Louis Cole
- "You can't be loyal to others if you're not loyal to your own nature first." - Tor Seidler
Quotes About Loyalty for Kids Learning About the Trait
Teach children about loyalty and why it is a critical character trait with a few relatable quotes on the subject.
- In life, you get what you give. Be loyal to those you love, and they will show you loyalty in return.
- Loyalty is earned over time, and the payout is worth it in the end.
- Be loyal to others, but first, be loyal to yourself. Honor your values, beliefs, and dreams.
- Be loyal to your goals and dreams. They can't be achieved without you backing them up.
- Loyalty is one of those hard life lessons that you will be so grateful you picked up along the path of life.
- Be a loyal friend to others, because you never know when your support means everything to someone else.
- Being loyal to a person's back is more important than showing loyalty to their face.
- A life lived among the loyal is a blessed life indeed.
- If you have people you trust in your life, you are a lucky person indeed.
- Be a kind and loyal friend, and expect the same from others.
Quotes Proving Loyal Friends Make the Best Friends
Loyal friends are often hard to come by, and when one lands in your lap, you better honor their friendship and devotion to you. These quotes are evidence that when you have a loyal pal in your corner, anything in life seems possible.
- In a friend, look for loyalty, and you'll never regret letting that person into your heart.
- If you are going to ask anything of a friend, ask for loyalty.
- Look at the people who supported you when the chips were down. Those are the true and loyal friends you should pour your energy into.
- Surround yourself with friends who have your back in good times and in bad.
- There is nothing more precious than a loyal friend.
- If you find yourself questioning a person's loyalty, then they are not your true friend.
- Give me one loyal friend over 1,000 fairweather friends.
- You can give a friend no greater gift than your loyalty.
- If you have a true and loyal friend, then you have all you really need.
- Family is bonded by blood. Real friends are bonded by loyalty.
Short and Powerful Loyalty Quotes
Be loyal, be true, and stand by the right people. The message of loyalty is as short and simple as these quotes.
- Loyalty: One thing a person can't compromise on.
- Loyal people are rare; hold them close.
- You can stay loyal, or you can stay away. There is no gray area for loyalty.
- Staying loyal means going all in, all of the time.
- You can give up on plenty, but never give up on loyal people.
- Be loyal, build trust, welcome in love, live happily.
- Loyalty is always proven, not just stated.
- Be loyal to the person in the mirror and to everyone who loves that person.
- In life, loyalty is everything.
- Loyalty lights the path of friendship.
Cute and Funny Loyalty Quotes
Even subjects as serious as honor and loyalty can take on a humorous twist. These cute quotes on loyalty will remind you why it is such an important virtue, while bringing a smile to your face.
- True loyalty is never watching the new episode of your favorite show without your best friend.
- Live your life trying to be as loyal to loved ones as your dog is to you.
- Loyalty never goes out of style, so wear it always.
- If you find yourself asking the question: "What can I do to be a good partner?" The answer is: Give endless amounts of loyalty and tacos.
- I pride myself on my loyalty. I'll never leave a friend in need, nor will I leave the couch until I've completed a Netflix series I have started. See, I am loyal through and through.
Live Your Life With Loyalty
How you choose to live your life is entirely up to you. Aim for displaying qualities and traits like integrity, honesty , kindness , and loyalty. Be loyal in your words and actions, and remember that while being loyal to the wrong people can affect you negatively, choosing to remain loyal to the right people will bring so much peace, comfort, and joy to your world.
Life is short. Make fun of it.
31 Best Loyalty Quotes for Whatsapp Facebook
Best loyalty status quotes.
I really don't ask or expect much from people, just loyalty and honesty.
Blood is thicker than water, but loyalty is thicker than blood..
A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.
Be very selective when it comes to choosing friends. People now a days don't know the true meaning of friendship & loyalty.
Life is not about people who act true to your face, it's about people who remain true behind your back.
Even if you push them away, people who truly love you will always choose to stay.
Staying with someone that doesn't appreciate you isn't loyalty it's stupidity.
Its not about who left. Its about who stayed and made you smile.
The only people I owe my loyalty are those who never made me question theirs.
A real woman knows that a man's respect and loyalty are not an upgrade in a relationship but a requirement.
Distance does not matter if two hearts are loyal to one another.
There's something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty.
One loyal girlfriend is worth more than one hundred hoes.
I don't need any part time people in my life. You're either with me or you're not..
You don't earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day by day.
Men: If you have a girl that loves you and who will always be there for you, please dont lose her cause girls like her are the hardest things to find on this earth.
Stuck in a generation where loyalty is just a tattoo, love is just a quote and lying is the new truth.
In family relationships the most important things are trust and loyalty.
Without honesty, loyalty and commitment, saying you love someone, simply means nothing.
A single loyal friend is worth more than a house full of pesky relatives.
Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life.
Loyalty quotes for relationships
A good relationship doesn't need promises, terms and conditions. Just needs a she who can trust and he who can be loyal.
Being loyal T o your partner doesn't require anything but trust.
Don't Cheat if you can't stay faithful stay Single.
Anyone can give you attention and compliments, but someone who loves you will give you that plus respect, honesty, trust, and loyalty.
If you cheat on a girl that's willing to do anything for you, you actually cheated yourself out of true loyalty.
If you're mine, you're only mine. I don't share.
Getting a lot of girls isn't something to be proud of, keeping one is.
Dont make me your number one, make me your only one.
Trust, respect, loyalty, and communication.. 4 essential parts of a successful relationship.
When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option, but a priority. loyalty is everything.
Deserve better quotes & status messages.
102 Quotes About Loyalty in Relationships (LOVE)
Top 15 most famous quotes about loyalty (best).
“ Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence , sharing and forgiving . It is loyalty through good and bad times . It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” Ann Landers
4 Motivational Quotes About Loyalty in Family
“My mom and I have always been really close. She’s always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” Taylor Swift
12 Inspirational Quotes About Loyalty in Love and a Relationship
“If we commit ourselves to one person for life, this is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom ; rather, it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession but participation.” Madeleine L’Engle
“To have a caring and committed heart toward someone — a heart so firm in its devotion as to sooner stop beating than neglect the object of its desire despite the person’s state of health, appearance, reputation , finances, troubles, or challenges — that, dear world, is love. It is a rare find.” Richelle E. Goodrich
“ Marriage is those two thousand indistinguishable conversations, chatted over two thousand indistinguishable breakfasts , where intimacy turns like a slow wheel. How do you measure the worth of becoming that familiar to somebody — so utterly well known and so thoroughly ever-present that you become an almost invisible necessity, like air?” Elizabeth Gilbert
20 Quotes About Loyalty in Friendship
“When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.” John Cena
“Your truest friends are the ones who will stand by you in your darkest moments – because they’re willing to brave the shadows with you–and in your greatest moments–because they’re not afraid to let you shine.” Nicole Yatsonsky
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them.” Jim Morrison
17 Quotes About Loyalty that will Make You Think
“A person is born with feelings of envy and hate. If he gives way to them, they will lead him to violence and crime, and any sense of loyalty and good faith will be abandoned.” Xun Zi
“My dear boy, the people who only love once in their lives are really the shallow people. What they call their loyalty, and their fidelity, I call either the lethargy of custom or their lack of imagination. Faithfulness is to the emotional life what consistency is to the life of the intellect — simply a confession of failures .” Oscar Wilde
“Loyalty. Is it something only dogs know? When I think of it, I wonder if I would rather have it than love . Whereas love is often an over-used word and an unpredictable feeling, the other is nothing but dependability.” Donna Lynn Hope
“Very often the test of one’s allegiance to a cause or to a people is precisely the willingness to stay the course when things are boring, to run the risk of repeating an old argument just one more time, or of going one more round with a hostile or (much worse) indifferent audience.” Christopher Hitchens
12 Quotes that will Inspire Loyalty in Your Life
“I have a loyalty that runs in my bloodstream, when I lock into someone or something, you can’t get me away from it because I commit that thoroughly. That’s in friendship , that’s a deal, that’s a commitment. Don’t give me paper – I can get the same lawyer who drew it up to break it. But if you shake my hand, that’s for life .” Jerry Lewis
“ Reliability is a most wonderful virtue. We should cultivate it. We should be consistent about the things we do, so that others will know they can count on us. But more important, we want to be able to count on ourselves. The greatest pain is to have to disappoint one’s self.” Sterling W. Sill
11 Wise Quotes About Loyalty (WISDOM)
“As you read my stories of long ago I hope you will remember that the things that are truly worthwhile and that will give you happiness are the same now as they were then. Courage and kindness , loyalty, truth , and helpfulness are always the same and always needed.” Laura Ingalls Wilder
“Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart — the center of self-respect and human dignity . It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it — and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal .” Maurice Franks
6 Quotes About Loyalty in Politics
5 Quotes About Loyalty in Business and Success
“Loyalty is dead, the experts proclaim, and the statistics seem to bear them out. On average, U.S. corporations now lose half their customers in five years, half their employees in four, and half their investors in less than one. We seem to face a future in which the only business relationships will be opportunistic transactions between virtual strangers.” Frederick R. Reichheld
“Employee loyalty begins with employer loyalty. Your employees should know that if they do the job they were hired to do with a reasonable amount of competence and efficiency, you will support them.” Harvey Mackay
(MUST READ) A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
- 77 Inspirational Quotes on Opportunity (SEIZE IT)
- 100 Inspiring Quotes By Top 10 Richest Men (2021)
- Top 60 DMX Quotes About Life and Love (TRUST)
- 77 Inspirational Chance the Rapper Quotes (MUSIC)
- 77 Marilyn Manson Quotes About Life (LOVE)
- Top 56 Lil Uzi Vert Quotes About Music (LOVE)
- 79 Inspiring J. Cole Quotes About Love (RAPPER)
- 53 Jimi Hendrix Quotes About Life (MUSICIAN)
Overcoming depression and suicidal thoughts, Jeremiah Say found solace in quotes. After filling countless pages with resonating words, he moved his collection online to save trees and inspire others. Thus, GraciousQuotes.com was born. Jeremiah firmly believes in the power of quotes to swiftly spark inspiration during hard times. His blog is dedicated to uplifting others through these shared wisdoms. Discover more about Gracious Quotes or get in touch with Jeremiah .
Top 26 Eskimo Proverbs About Life (WISDOM)
Top 10 Most Famous Eskimo Proverbs (BEST) 1 Motivational Eskimo Prover that will Inspire You Top…
64 Inspirational Quotes About Gifts (GIVING)
Top 14 Most Famous Quotes About Gifts (BEST) “Bad things do happen; how I respond to…
50 Inspirational Polish Proverbs About Life (WISDOM)
Top 10 Most Famous Polish Proverbs 3 Polish Proverbs About Love 13 Polish Proverbs That Will…
83 Quotes to Inspire You to Take a Vacation (TRAVEL)
Top 10 Inspirational Vacation Quotes “Every person needs to take one day away. A day in…
Top 53 Quotes About Recession (CRISIS)
Top 10 Most Popular Quotes on Recession and Crisis 6 Inspirational Quotes About Recession and Crisis…
53 Most Inspiring Racing Quotes (MOTOR)
Top 11 Most Famous Racing Quotes (BEST) “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination…
- How To Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy Week by Week
- Second Pregnancy
- Giving Birth
- Post Pregnancy
- Browse Names
- Play & Activities
- Coloring Pages
- Food & Nutrition
- Health & Fitness
- Style & Beauty Care
- New Parents
- Single Parenting
- Baby Eye Color Calculator
- Online Pregnancy Test
- Chinese Gender Predictor
- Implantation Calculator
- hCG Calculator
- Period Calculator
- ovulation calculator
- pregnancy due date calculator
- Child Height Predictor
- Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator
- Breast Milk Calculator
- Child Growth Percentile Calculator
- Baby Cost Calculator
- BMI Calculator For Kids & Teens
- Contraction Calculator
- Immunization Scheduler and Chart
- C-Section Checklist
- Online Twin Pregnancy Quiz
- Numerology calculator
- Child Blood Type Calculator
- Nakshatra Calculator
- Diaper Bag Checklist
- Baby Name Combiner
Home • Life and Relationship • Relationships
150+ Best Sayings And Quotes About Loyalty In Relationship
Loyalty is one of the most important pillars a relationship is built upon.
Vinita Agrawal Poet
Specialty: Poetry, Prose
Experience: 25 years
Vinita Agrawal is an accomplished poet hailing from Indore, India. She has garnered significant recognition for her poetic endeavors, including winning the prestigious Proverse prize in Hong Kong in 2021 for her collection of poems titled "... more
shivank joshi BA (Mass Communication)
Shivank is an experienced professional with a passion for writing, editing, and research. With a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication from IEL, Dehradun, he previously worked as a production editor... more
siddharth kesiraju MA, Certification in Relationship Coaching
Specialty: Love, Marriage and Relationships
Experience: 7 years
Siddharth holds a certification in Relationship Coaching and a masters degree in communication and journalism from the University of Hyderabad. He has around seven years of experience in various field... more
Reading relationship loyalty quotes could forge you and your partner’s life with trust and mutual understanding. Nothing could break you apart if you’re loyal since it is the foundation of any healthy relationship. But sometimes, the conundrum brought by a busy life could make you forget those little things that nourish love . During such times, send these quotes to your loved ones to reaffirm their trust in the bond because sometimes even a simple message can go a long way in conveying your love and attachment for them.
150+ Loyal Relationship Quotes
Renew your vow for the love of your life and show them your admiration once again by sending these loyal relationship quotes.
- “Loyalty isn’t grey. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” — Sharnay
- “Loyalty is the strongest glue which makes a relationship last for a lifetime.” — Mario Puzo
- “Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” — Taylor Lautner
- “Loyalty is a 24-hour proposition, 24/7. It’s not a part-time job.” — Jonathan Moyo
- “You cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” — Clarence Francis
- “Loyalty is a continuous phenomenon, you don’t score points for past action.” — Natasha Pulley
- “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” — Robert Benchley
- “We have no money. We have no possessions. Maybe that is why we value the things we do have… loyalty and friendship.” — Anthony Horowiz
- “Loyalty is something you give regardless of what you get back, and in giving loyalty, you’re getting more loyalty; and out of loyalty flow other great qualities.” — Charles Jones
- “Anyone can give you attention and compliments… but someone who loves you will give you that plus respect, honesty, trust, and loyalty.” — Charles Orlando
- “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “Loyalty means sticking with people you love through hard times. It doesn’t mean giving someone a license to treat you like nothing and you’ll stick around no matter what. Big difference.” — Doe Zantamata
- “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love, and loyalty.” — Zig Ziglar
- “Women’s loyalty has to be earned with trust and affection, rather than barbaric rituals. The time has come to leave the old ways of suffering behind.” — Waris Dirie
- “ Trust is earned , respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “When I meet a new person, I am on the lookout for signs of what he or she is loyal to. It is a preliminary clue to the sense of belonging, and hence of his or her humanity.” — Haniel Long
- “Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty, No matter how good you are to them doesn’t mean that they will treat you the same, No matter how much they mean to you, doesn’t mean that they will value you the same. Sometimes the people you love the most, turn out to be the people you can trust the least” — Trent Shelton
- “A person who deserves my loyalty receives it.” — Joyce Maynard
- “Loyalty is what we seek in friendship.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Look out for those who look out for you. Loyalty is everything.” — Conor McGregor
- “Love and loyalty runs deeper than blood.” — Richelle Mead
- “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” — Jeffrey Gitomer
- “Accept loyalty gratefully, and accept betrayal with a smile.” — Innocent Mwatsikesimbe
- “Never be a slave of loyalty to unloyal people.” — Shannon Alder
- “Never expect loyalty from a person that can’t give you honesty.” — Surgeo Bell
- “Their loyalty end’s where the benefits stop.” — Surgeo Bell
- “Loyalty is everything, but everything isn’t loyal.” — Terrance McAllister
- “Loyalty is not won by being first. It is won by being best.” — Stefan Persson
- “Love grows from stable relationships, shared experience, loyalty, devotion, trust.” — Richard Wright
- “Love often wears a mask in order to test loyalty.” — Minna Antrim
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing, and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” — Ann Landers
- “You don’t love someone put of loyalty… nor out of sympathy, either.” — Jae Hee
- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “The beauty of friendship is loyalty.” — Debasish Mrdiha
- “Loyalty and Friendship, which is to be the same created all the wealth that i’ve ever thought I’d have.” — Ernie Banks
- “A friend is someone who walks into a room when everyone else is walking out.” — Gary Moore
- “The whole point of loyalty was not to change: Stick with those who stuck with you.” — Larry Mcmurtry
- “Unlike the puerile loyalty to a conviction, loyalty to a friend is a virtue, perhaps the only virtue, the last remaining one.” — Milan Kundera
- “The strength of a family is in its loyalty to each other.” — Mario Puza
- “When you get married, your loyalty, first and foremost, is to your spouse, and to the family that you create together.” — Phil Mcgr
- “Loyalty to the family must be merged into loyalty to the community, loyalty to the community into loyalty to the nation, and loyalty to the nation into loyalty to mankind. The citizen of the future must be a citizen of the world.” — Thomas Cochrane
- “If you want loyalty, get a dog. If you want loyalty and attention, get a smart dog.” — Grant Fairley
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” — Josh Billi
- “Try to be as loyal as a dog. In humans, you will never find such loyalty.” — Pratyush Athghara
- “One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart.” — Simone Elkeles
- “Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others.” — Ada Boardley
- “Loyalty will always be found in the things you regret because it mattered.” — Shannon Alder
- “If people ever question your loyalty, you never had theirs.” — Justin McFarlane
- “I’ll take fifty percent efficiency to get one hundred percent loyalty.” — Samuel Goldwyn
- “Wherever is love and loyalty, great purposes and lofty souls, even though in a hovel or a mine, there is fairyland.” — Carles Kingsley
- “The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values.” — Norman Thomas
- “Without trust, there can be no loyalty – and without loyalty, there can be no true growth.” — Fred Reichheld
- “Exceeding expectations is where satisfaction ends and loyalty begins.” — Ron Kaufman
- “Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life.” — Napoleon Hill
- “Courage and kindness, loyalty, truth, and helpfulness are always the same and always needed.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “You stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they’d do the same for you.” — Yogi Berra
- “You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The best gifts to give: To your friend, loyalty; To your enemy, forgiveness; To your boss, service; To a child, a good example; To your parents, gratitude and devotion; To your mate, love and faithfulness; To all men and women, charity.” — Oren Arnold
- “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.” — Confucius
- “Be loyal to what you love, be true to the earth, fight your enemies with passion and laughter.” — Edward Abbey
- “Faith is being loyal to you unseen reality within.” — Neville Goddard
- “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment , unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” — Cornel West
- “Too much liberty kills the loyalty.” — Ameya Agrawal
- “It takes three to make love, not two: you, your spouse, and God. Without God people only succeed in bringing out the worst in one another. Lovers who have nothing else to do but love each other soon find there is nothing else. Without a central loyalty life is unfinished.” — Fulton J. Sheen
- “I convinced her that her first loyalty isn’t to other people, but to her own feelings.” — Mario Vargas-Llosa
- “You will know it is love when the need can’t be met by yourself or God.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “Love can give you the most exhilarating wonderful highs at times. Then there will be dives that will take all you have just to hold on.” — Elizabeth Funderbirk
- “Some people will only love you as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits stop.” — Honeya
- “I don’t feel the need to explain my actions to her. I don’t clarify, I don’t doubt, I don’t worry. I don’t tell her everything, not anymore, but I tell her more than anyone else, by far. I tell her as much as I can.” — Gillian Flynns
- “ Loyalty is not just about being there for someone, it’s about being there for them even when they are not there for you.” – Jeremiah Say
- “ I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me – they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” – Veronica Roth
- “I learned the real meaning of love. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades.” – Sylvester Stallone
- “It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.” – Emilie Autumn
- “ Better to have one woman on your side than ten men.” – Robert Jordan
- “ Without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it’s a relationship, a business or a hobby.” — Neil Strauss
- “If we commit ourselves to one person for life, this is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom; rather, it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession but participation.” – Madeleine L’Engle
- “As I’m getting older, I’m really learning unconditional love and loyalty are extremely important.” – Bindi Irwin
- “Love is not maximum emotion. Love is maximum commitment.” — Sinclair B. Ferguson
- “To have a caring and committed heart toward someone — a heart so firm in its devotion as to sooner stop beating than neglect the object of its desire despite the person’s state of health, appearance, reputation, finances, troubles, or challenges — that, dear world, is love. It is a rare find.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” — Socrates
- “ Love is a decision, not just an emotion. It is selfless, and a commitment.” — Lydia McLaughlin
- “[ My mom told me] to always be loyal and treat someone how you want to be treated. Find someone that you can love and that’s going to be your best friend. ” — Paris Hilton
- “The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them.” — Steve Hall
- “There is one element that is worth its weight in gold and that is loyalty. It will cover a multitude of weaknesses.” – Philip Armour
- “Loyal companions are an unequaled grace, stanching fear before it bleeds you numb, a reliable antidote for creeping despair.” – Dean Koontz
- “ Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable, than loyalty.” – Cicero
- “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Don’t count your friends — count on them.” – Frank K. Sonnenberg
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” – Proverbs 27:9
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed” – English Proverb
- “Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.” – Summer Altice
- “I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.” – Lauren Conrad
- “ What makes a woman beautiful is her loyalty to and her friendships with other women, and her honesty with men.” – Vanessa Marcil
- “Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.” – Thomas Hudson Jones
- “ The only way one can guarantee one’s loyalty is love. Loyalty is beyond logic, really.” – Paul Bettany
- “Our earliest ancestors probably learned that loyalty was a valuable survival tool. In the jungle, the desert, or the open plains, loyalty to your tribe increased your chances of surviving harsh weather and an unreliable supply of food and water.” – Dianne M. Durkin
- “Loyalty is the first law of God.” – Paramhansa Yogananda
- “Loyalty publicly results in leverage privately.” – Andy Stanley
- “Base yourself on loyalty and trust.” – Confucius
- “Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness.” – Cheryl Cole
- “ An intelligent and conscientious opposition is a part of loyalty to country.” – Edwin Louis Cole
- “ Loyalty is what makes us trust, Trust is what makes us stay, Staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope.” – Glenn van Dekken
- “ Loyalty is good for the loyal man but it may be mischievous for those whom his cause assails.” – Josiah Royce
- “ Loyalty is the highest virtue taught by abusers, and used as a control tool.” – Dr. Bill Tollefson
- “ There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” — Jane Austen
- “ We are sure to get opportunities as we show ourselves capable of being trusted.” — Roy L. Smith
- “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” — Jennifer Aniston
- “ Reliability is a most wonderful virtue. We should cultivate it. We should be consistent about the things we do, so that others will know they can count on us. But more important, we want to be able to count on ourselves. The greatest pain is to have to disappoint one’s self.” — Sterling W. Sill
- “I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.” — Carrol Bryant
- “Commitment is what transforms a promise into a reality.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “Your truest friends are the ones who will stand by you in your darkest moments–because they’re willing to brave the shadows with you–and in your greatest moments–because they’re not afraid to let you shine.” — Nicole Yatsonsky
- “Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down.” — Grace Murray Hopper
- “When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape.” — Andy Andrews
- “Don’t make any promises that you can’t keep.” — Ann Marie Aguilar
- “If you assume that the new – and simply because it’s new – is always to be better than the old, chances are you’ve never known anything valuable.” — Criss Jami
- “ If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world.” — Selena Gomez
- “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” — Vince Lombardi
- “Loyalty is still the same, whether it win or lose the game; true as a dial to the sun, although it be not shined upon.” — Samuel Butler
- “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” — Anthony Robbins
- “Loyalty is my motto. When I give my word, you can trust me.” — Philippa Gregory
- “ A healthy loyalty is not passive and complacent, but active and critical .” — Harold Laski
- “True friendship never questions what it costs you .” — Stephen Richards
- “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” —Tony Robbins
- “True loyalty is proven not proclaimed.” — Craig Groeschel
- “ My whole thing is loyalty. Loyalty over royalty; word is bond.” — Fetty Wap
- “ So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” — Haniel Long
- “Sometimes we’re loyal to more than one thing. When there’s a conflict, we have to choose which loyalty to honor.” — Claudia Gray
- “The only people that can ruin a relationship or make that relationship work are the two people in it.” ― Rob Liano
- “A solid commitment splices two lives together and holds through the storms.” ― Margot Datz
- “There are only two options regarding commitment. You’re either in or out. There’s no such thing as a life in between.” ― Pat Riley
- “ Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” ― Peter F. Drucker
- “Love is a vessel that contains both security and adventure, and commitment offers one of the great luxuries of life: time. Marriage is not the end of romance, it is the beginning.” — Esther Perel
- “To fall in love and to commit yourself to love means you should make your loved one the one thing you cherish the most.” ― Kou Yoneda
- “Love is not really a mystery. It is a process like anything else. A process that requires trust, effort, focus and commitment by two willing partners” ― Elizabeth Bourgeret
- “ Every one of us, as human beings, even in a committed relationship, has moments and thoughts and actions that, whether or not they share them with their loved one, tell you, as much as anything, about them as people and their relationship.” — Jeff Pinkner
- “There’s always a way — if you’re committed.” — Tony Robbins
- “You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear.” — Sammy Davis
- “It takes a deep commitment to change and an even deeper commitment to grow.” — Ralph Ellison
- “ Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.” ― William Hutchison Murray
- “To increase your effectiveness, make your emotions subordinate to your commitments.” ― Brian Koslow
- “ Honor your commitments with integrity. ” ― Les Brown
- “There’s a higher form of happiness in commitment. I’m counting on it.” — Claire Forlani
- “I think when men hear that women want a commitment, they think it means commitment to a romantic relationship, but that’s not it. It’s a commitment to not floating around anywhere. I want a guy who is entrenched in his own life.” ― Mindy Kaling
- “When women hold off from marrying men, we call it independence. When men hold off from marrying women, we call it fear of commitment.” ― Warren Farrell
- “A successful lie cannot be brought into this world and capriciously abandoned; like any committed relationship, it must be maintained, and with far more devotion than the truth, which carries on being carelessly true without any help.” — Lionel Shriver
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can relationship loyalty quotes help deepen understanding between two people?
Loyalty quotes can sometimes express clearly what you feel inside. They can accurately convey complex emotions and help you better understand someone and their values.
2. What are the consequences of being disloyal in a relationship?
Loyalty is a crucial aspect of a successful relationship, and a lack of it can be detrimental. It is important to uphold fidelity and reliability, even in the face challenges. Infidelity can cause immense pain and trauma, and it can shatter one’s faith in love and relationships.
3. How can I rebuild trust and loyalty after a betrayal in a relationship?
Rebuilding trust and loyalty after a betrayal in a relationship involves maintaining open and honest communication and taking responsibility for the betrayal. It requires demonstrating genuine remorse, empathy, and transparency and being open to addressing and resolving the underlying issues.
4. What are some ways to strengthen loyalty in a long-distance relationship?
In a long-distance relationship, you can strengthen loyalty by engaging in effective and regular communication, being open and sharing your daily routines, organizing virtual dates, surprising your partner with thoughtful gestures, and verbally expressing your love and appreciation.
5. What are some common challenges to loyalty in a relationship?
Loyalty in a relationship may be challenged by various factors, such as trust issues, ineffective communication, acts of infidelity, emotional disconnection, conflicting priorities, and unresolved conflicts.
Loyalty, trust, reverence, and transparency are the cornerstones of any relationship. It takes decades to build a good relationship, and don’t let a single act of disloyalty or infidelity break it into pieces. The above-mentioned relationship loyalty quotes can help you put things in perspective, broaden your understanding, and calibrate your approach to your relationship. Read and share them with your partner, try to iron out your misgivings or differences, if any, and let your romantic flame burn till eternity.
Infographic: More Quotes About Loyalty In A Relationship
Illustration: Momjunction Design Team
Get high-quality PDF version by clicking below.
Explore a collection of inspiring loyalty quotes that can strengthen your relationships and deepen the bond with your loved ones.
Shivank Joshi BA (Mass Communication)
Siddharth Kesiraju MA, Certification in Relationship Coaching
Latest articles, 10 negative effects of divorce on children and ways to mitigate them.
Divorce can be hard on couples, harder on kids.
Aries and Aquarius Compatibility In Love And Friendship
The relationship between these two signs depends on how well they manage their differences.
Aries And Capricorn Love And Friendship Compatibility
They can be the power couple if they work on their differences promptly.
300+ Deep Conversation Starters For Couples
Be it a new relationship or an old one, there is always something to know about each other.
Why Do Men Cheat: Signs And Ways To Deal With It
It takes years to build the trust someone just broke.
100+ Cute Captions For Newborn Baby Boy And Girl Pictures
Frame sweet captions about your newborn for your social media posts.
125 Cute And Winning Responses To "I Love You"
Here’s how to get your partner to swoon over you the next time they express their love.
38 Legal, Financial And Social Benefits Of Marriage
It's good for the couple, the family and society.
25+ Best Games To Remote Play With Friends On Steam
Remote games to have a fun time with your friends.
12 Common Couple Sleeping Positions And What They Mean
Tangles, pillow talk, or shingles; interesting insights about your sleep positions.
12 Reasons Why She Doesn’t Like You And What To do About It
Rejection may not be easy to handle, but it may teach you valuable lessons.
110+ Questions To Ask Your Ex-Boyfriend/Girlfriend
These questions may help you reach closure and provide a clear view of the path ahead.
130 Loyalty Quotes On A Virtue Worth More Than Gold
By Author Scarlett Miles
Categories Life Quotes
Since you’re reading my article, I guess we both value loyalty in the same way.
It is one of the most crucial aspects of every relationship, may it be a friendship, family or love interest. Being loyal to a person will always remain a choice!
In fact, I decided to write a post about it, so here it is – a collection of no less than 130 loyalty quotes I collected from various online sources!
As you shall see, it brings you plenty of unique perspectives on loyalty. Read on to discover the most inspirational and thought-provoking quotes!
10 Most Inspirational Loyalty Quotes
1. “If a man asks me for my loyalty…I will give him my honesty. If a man asks me for my honesty…I will give him my loyalty!” ― John Boyd
2. “I may be stupid, as you say, to believe in honour and friendship and loyalty without price. But these are virtues to be cherished, for without them we are no more than beasts roaming the land.” ― David Gemmell
3. “The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith.” ― Confucius
4. “Manifest your loyalty in word and deed.” ― Howard W. Hunter
5. “Loyalty isn’t gray. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” — Sharnay
6. “Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable, than loyalty.” — Cicero
7. “Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.” ― Martin Luther
8. “A man is not an orange. You can’t eat the fruit and throw the peel away.” ― Arthur Miller
9. “We men and women are all in the same boat, upon a stormy sea. We owe to each other a terrible and tragic loyalty.” ― G.K. Chesterton
10. “And loyalty is a valued commodity. It can be sold . . . not bought, but sold.” ― Frank Herbert
Brilliant Quotes About Loyalty And Trust
1. “I take things like honor and loyalty seriously. It’s more important to me than any materialistic thing or any fame I could have.” ― Lloyd Banks
2. “Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart — the center of self-respect and human dignity. It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it — and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal.” ― Maurice Franks
3. “Loyalty is a continuous phenomenon; you don’t score points for past action.” — Natasha Pulley
4. “Where there is loyalty, weapons are of no use.” ― Paulo Coelho
5. “Betrayal and loyalty are two sides of the same coin—one leads to the other. Without trust or loyalty, there is no betrayal. Without betrayal, there is no value for loyalty.”
― Roopesh Tiwari
See also: 150 Betrayal Quotes To Help You Cope And Grow Stronger
6. “It’s better to be hanged for loyalty than be rewarded for betrayal.” ― Vladimir V. Putin
7. “Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other.” ― William T. Sherman
8. “But it does not seem that I can trust anyone,’ said Frodo. Sam looked at him unhappily. ‘It all depends on what you want,’ put in Merry. ‘You can trust us to stick with you through thick and thin –to the bitter end. And you can trust us to keep any secret of yours–closer than you keep it yourself. But you cannot trust us to let you face trouble alone, and go off without a word. We are your friends, Frodo.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
9. “I have seen what power does to people. And I have seen how those who pledge loyalty come to resent their oaths and wish for the destruction of the one who holds them. I was never less free than when I ruled.” ― Holly Black
10. “Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness.” ― Edwin Louis Cole
11. “Loyalty can only give.” ― Domenic Brammer
12. “Loyalty has manifested itself as violence throughout history.” ― Marlowe Granados
13. “If by my life or death I can protect you, I will.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
14. “Soldiers, when committed to a task, can’t compromise. It’s unrelenting devotion to the standards of duty and courage, absolute loyalty to others, not letting the task go until it’s been done.” ―- John Keegan
15. “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” ― Robert Benchley
16. “Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.” ― Morihei Ueshiba
17. “I have a loyalty that runs in my bloodstream, when I lock into someone or something, you can’t get me away from it because I commit that thoroughly. That’s in friendship, that’s a deal, that’s a commitment. Don’t give me paper – I can get the same lawyer who drew it up to break it. But if you shake my hand, that’s for life.” ― Jerry Lewis
18. “Trust is a big word for me. Loyalty and trust, for me, are everything. It’s the core of what I’m about and what the people around me hopefully are about. It’s a certain thing that gives you a sense of security. It’s the biggest factor in everything I do.” ― Tommy Mottola
19. “Loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I’ll like it or not.” — General Colin Powell
20. “Without loyalty, you won’t accomplish anything.” ― YoungBoy Never Broke Again
21. “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” ― Woodrow T. Wilson
22. “If you are still hiding phones in your relationship and claiming privacy, I tell you today you are not serious.” ― Gugu Mofokeng
23. “Loyalty is a decision, a resolution of the soul.” ― Pascal Mercier
24. “It takes a loyal gardener to tend roses.” ― Sondra Fayr
25. “My honor is my loyalty.” — Heinrich Himmler
26. “The only honest reaction and true loyalty we get is from our animals. Once they’re your friends, you can do no wrong.” — Dick Van Patten
27. “The first step towards loyalty is trust.” ― Priyanshu Singh
28. “Loyalty is a characteristic trait. Those who have it, give it free of charge.” ― Ellen J. Barrier
Friendship Loyalty Quotes
1. “Unlike the puerile loyalty to a conviction, loyalty to a friend is a virtue – perhaps the only virtue, the last remaining one.” ― Milan Kundera
2. “You cannot get me to be disloyal to a friend. You just can’t do it. Loyalty is a part of what I live by. I didn’t say I was going to be loyal to my friend because he was right. I’m going to be loyal to my friend because he’s my friend.” ― Jim Brown
3. “A friend is someone who walks into a room when everyone else is walking out.” ― Gary Moore
4. “Only on your darkest days you’ll find out who are your true friends.” ― Emihle Nginza
See also: Hard Times Reveal True Friends: 80 True Friendship Quotes
5. “What I value most in my friends is loyalty.” — David Mamet
6. “Why does this mean so much to you, Jon?” The Prince turned. “Because he’s my friend. Because I always know where he stands, and where I stand with him. Because I think he’d die for me and–and I think I’d die for him. Is that enough?” ― Tamora Pierce
7. “Because there is no power on earth that could make me abandon our friendship. There is no deed you could confess so dark that it would make me forsake you. You said of us once that we were quicksilver and the rest of the world mud. We are alike, shaped by Nature in the same mold, and whatever that signifies, it means that to spurn each other would be to spit in the face of whatever deity has seen fit to bring us together. We are the same, and to leave you would be to leave myself.” ― Deanna Raybourn
8. “When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.” ― John Cena
9. “True friends don’t come with conditions.” ― Aaron Lauritsen
10. “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” — Jennifer Aniston
11. “Your truest friends are the ones who will stand by you in your darkest moments–because they’re willing to brave the shadows with you–and in your greatest moments–because they’re not afraid to let you shine.” ― Nicole Yatsonsky
12. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” — Ernie Banks
13. “The expression that friends are the family you choose, is so powerful, because most people are close with their families, and when you add people into that level of trust, love, and loyalty, it’s a really meaningful thing. The fact you’re actively choosing each other is so beautiful at its core.” — Beanie Feldstein
14. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
15. “I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.” — Lauren Conrad
16. “You should never undermine friendship and loyalty.” — Toyah Willcox
17. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
18. “I look for these qualities and characteristics in people. Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.” — Summer Altice
19. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” — Jane Austen
20. “The best things in life are free. It is important never to lose sight of that. So look around you. Wherever you see friendship, loyalty, laughter, and love… there is your treasure.” ― Neale Donald Walsch
21. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” — Socrates
Loyalty In Relationships Quotes
1. “I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me–they, and the love and loyaty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” ― Veronica Roth
2. “But what are loyalty and caring really worth?” “To me? Everything.” ― Richelle Mead
3. “Loyalty. Is it something only dogs know? When I think of it, I wonder if I would rather have it than love. Whereas love is often an over-used word and an unpredictable feeling, the other is nothing but dependability.” ― Donna Lynn Hope
4. “One never knows how loyalty is born.” ― Robert Morse
5. “Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others.” ― Ada Velez-Boardley
6. “We have to recognise that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” ― Cornel West
7. “We may like to know the relevance of loyalty in an ever-shifting world and comprehend the essence of “commitment” in a rapidly altering relationship. In a frame of the “easy come easy go syndrome” many interpretations are brought to mind like “It was all a misunderstanding” or “I liked what the other did, but at this moment I must recognize he didn’t do what I really do like”. (“Was it all worthwhile?”)” ― Erik Pevernagie
8. “Sometimes we’re loyal to more than one thing. When there’s a conflict, we have to choose which loyalty to honor.” ― Claudia Gray
9. “I am not blind. I can sense things much better than people with eyesight. I believe in morals and I value my dignity. I’m the truth and I firmly believe in the aspects of honesty and loyalty.” ― Meghna Sodha
10. “A person who deserves my loyalty receives it.” ― Joyce Maynard
11. “You cannot buy loyalty. You cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” — Clarence Francis
12. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” ― Haniel Long
13. “One owes loyalty, only, to those who demonstrate in kind.” ― T.F. Hodge
14. “Your honesty, love & loyalty can be fooled & used but your silence never.” ― Sonal Takalkar
15. “For me, honesty is a huge thing, and loyalty, when it comes to relationships.” ― Lauren Jauregui
16. “The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.” ― Rensis Likert
17. “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” ― Jeffrey Gitomer
18. “Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” ― Taylor Lautner
19. “Loyalty is what makes us trust, Trust is what makes us stay, Staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope.” — Glenn van Dekken
20. “Nothing is more attractive than loyalty.” — Unknown
Quotes On Loyalty And Love
1. “Love and loyalty run deeper than blood.” — Richelle Mead
2. “A perfect love is not all about devotion and loyalty, it is understanding little tiny things.” ― M.F. Moonzajer
3. “Together we shared a bond not even death would violate.” ― Dee Remy
4. “His loyalty, so fierce and unwavering, makes my eyes water and heart ache.” ― Emily Giffin
5. “There is no love like loyalty.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
6. “My dear boy, the people who only love once in their lives are really the shallow people. What they call their loyalty, and their fidelity, I call either the lethargy of custom or their lack of imagination. Faithfulness is to the emotional life what consistency is to the life of the intellect—simply a confession of failures.” ― Oscar Wilde
7. “There was something about total loyalty, uncritical devotion, endless patience, perpetual forgiveness and the general inability to believe that a loved one could ever do anything wrong that, frankly, just gave him the creeps.” ― Joanne Harris, Runelight
8. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” — Ann Landers
9. “I have my own high standards for what I want in a partner and how I want to be treated. I bring a lot to the table. I’m not talking about material things but what I have to offer as a person – love and loyalty and all the things that make a good relationship.” — Jennifer Lopez
10. “I love you in the future tense: I will love you, tomorrow and the day after and the day after that until there are no more days left for us.” ― Chuck Wendig
11. “For above all things Love means sweetness, and truth, and measure; yea, loyalty to the loved one and to your word. And because of this I dare not meddle with so high a matter.” — Marie de France
12. “When you see couples in long-term relationships and you see them go through good times and bad times, you realize it’s about being committed enough and loving your partner enough to hang in there regardless.” — Candace Cameron Bure
13. “Talk through difficult issues with your partner. Don’t let your partner become a stranger. Don’t use other people to make yourself feel good. Value friendship. Be open-hearted in all the relationships that you choose to have in your life but draw a line and don’t cross it.” ― Donna Goddard
14. “As I’m getting older, I’m really learning unconditional love and loyalty are extremely important.” ― Bindi Irwin
15. “Finding loyalty in love has become difficult, Love itself has lost its true essence.” ― Janid Kashmiri
16. “We all live inside bodies that will deteriorate. But when you look at human beings, they’re capable of very decent things: love, loyalty. When time is running out, they don’t care about possessions or status. They want to put things right if they’ve done wrong.” — Kazuo Ishiguro
17. “Real love has little to do with falling. It’s a climb up the rocky face of a mountain, hard work, and most people are too selfish or too scared to bother. Very few reach the critical point in their relationship that summons the attention of the light and the dark, that place where they will make a commitment to love no matter what obstacles-or temptations- appear in their path.” — Stacey Jay
18. “Now everyone dreams of a love faithful and true, but you and I know what this world can do. So let’s make our steps clear so the other may see. And I’ll wait for you…should I fall behind wait for me.” ― Bruce Springsteen
19. “ Falling in love was simple; one had only to yield. Digesting another person, however, and sustaining love, was bloody work, and not a soft job.” — Hanif Kureishi
20. “Love often wears a mask in order to test loyalty.” — Minna Antrim
Quotes About Family Loyalty
1. “Your loyalty to friends and family should have no limit, although it may be expressed in ways that others cannot understand.” ― Bohdi Sanders
2. “My mom and I have always been really close. She’s always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” — Taylor Swift
3. “When you get married, your loyalty, first and foremost, is to your spouse, and to the family that you create together.” — Phil McGraw
4. “I do find the sibling connection endlessly fascinating, as I do all family dynamics. I like how siblings seem to create their own parentless mini-civilization within a family, one that has its own laws, myths, language, humor, its own loyalties and treacheries.” ― Jandy Nelson
5. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” — Mario Puzo
6. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. All other pacts of love or fear derive from it and are modeled upon it.” ― Haniel Long
7. “Her hands flew to her mouth. ‘Are we even twins?’ Josh rested his hand on her shoulder and brought his forehead to rest against hers, strands of their blond hair mingling. ‘I will always be your brother, Sophie. I will always look after you.” ― Michael Scott
8. “Can I tell you what I think?” She nods. “You have a strong sense of loyalty to your friends and family and that’s why you’re very hurt when you’re let down. You give out love and rightfully expect back the same love in return. But that’s not because you are sensitive, it’s because you have a big heart so when you love someone, you give them all of you and it hurts if they don’t do the same.” ― Elicia Roper
9. “Loyalty to the family must be merged into loyalty to the community, loyalty to the community into loyalty to the nation, and loyalty to the nation into loyalty to mankind. The citizen of the future must be a citizen of the world.” — Thomas Cochrane
Eye-opening Fake Loyalty Quotes
1. “It was a lesson most people learned much earlier; that even friendship could have an undisclosed shelf life. That loyalty and affection, so consuming and powerful, could dissipate like fog.” ― Jennifer Haigh
2. “Not all your family or friends will be happy when you succeed, nor will everyone be saddened when you lose; so, be careful with whom you’re sharing your personal business.” ― Kianu Starr
3. “Avoid those who seek friends in order to maintain a certain social status or to open doors they would not otherwise be able to approach.” ― Paulo Coelho
4. “Fidelity purchased with money, money can destroy.” ― Seneca
5. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” — Martin Luther King
6. “My father wrote: “Always question where your loyalties lie. The people you trust will expect it, your greatest enemies will desire it, and those you treasure the most, will, without fail, abuse it.” ― Emily Thorne
7. “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.” ― J.E.B. Spredemann
8. “I used to advertise my loyalty and I don’t believe there is a single person I loved that I didn’t eventually betray.” ― Albert Camus
9. “If you will not die for us, you cannot ask us to die for you.” ― Jacqueline Carey
10. “I place an enormous premium on loyalty. If someone betrays me, I can forgive them rationally, but emotionally I have found it impossible to do so.” ― Richard E. Grant
11. “Just because a person is young doesn’t mean that being loyal to someone isn’t important. And it still hurts if someone isn’t loyal to you.” ― C.C. Hunter
12. “My first language, the true language of the soul spoken only on our planet of origin, had no word for betrayal or traitor. Or even loyalty- because without the opposite, the concept had no meaning.” ― Stephenie Meyer
13. “Sometimes, no matter how hard we try for someone and hope that they will get better in time – they never do. Abusive relationships shouldn’t have a key to your chambers of heart. Hold your key and keep it close. Don’t end up getting addicted to such pain or human beings – for that matter. You might not be Thor but they can surely be Loki & hold you prisoner to their trickster nature.” ― Sijdah Hussain
14. “Our modern, rootless times do seem to be a particularly inhospitable environment for loyalty. We come and go so relentlessly that our friendships can’t but come and go too. What sort of loyalty is there in the age of Facebook, when friendship is a costless transaction, a business of flip reciprocity…. Friendship held together by nothing more permanent than hyperlinks is hardly the stuff of selfless fidelity.” — Eric Felten
15. “A person is disloyal if he treats you as a stranger when, in fact, he belongs to you as a friend or partner. Each of us is bound to some special others by the invisible fibers of loyalty.” ― Lewis B. Smedes
16. “It seems we are capable of immense love and loyalty, and as capable of deceit and atrocity. It’s probably this shocking ambivalence that makes us unique.” – John Scott
17. “When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape.” — Andy Andrews
18. “Better an honest enemy than a false friend.” — German proverb
19. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.” — Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
20. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” — Scarlet Koop
21. “Some people aren’t loyal to you… They are loyal to their need of you… Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.” — Unknown
22. “Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty. No matter how good you are to them, doesn’t mean that they will treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, doesn’t mean that they will value you the same. Sometimes the people you love the most, turn out to be the people you can trust the least.” — Trent Shelton
I hope you enjoyed reading my extensive list of 130 loyalty quotes!
If you liked this post, be sure to check out my page for more inspirational content like this!
P.S. What’s your favorite loyalty quote? I’m excited to hear from you in the comments section below! Read next: 150 Best Trust Quotes To Help You Cope With Trust Issues
- Browse Quotes By Subject
- Browse Quotes By Author
Loyalty Quotes, Sayings about being loyal
Real family does not come from your blood. It is the people standing beside you when no one else is.
Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family.
If you cheat on a girl that’s willing to do anything for you, you actually cheated yourself out of true loyalty.
Loyalty is Royalty. The people who want to stay in your life will always find a way. Real friends stay faithful. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot in someones life. Never force someone to make a space in their life for you, because if they truly care about you, they will create one for you.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.
The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.
Loyalty is the strongest glue which makes a relationship last for a life time.
A woman’s loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man’s loyalty is tested when he has everything!
A successful life is not an easy life. It is built on strong qualities, sacrifice, endeavor, loyalty and integrity. – Grant D. Searchfield
Don’t let your loyalty become slavery. If they don’t appreciate what you bring to the table, let them eat alone.
Loyalty means I am down with you whether you are wrong or right, but I will tell you when you are wrong and help you get it right.
In family relationships the most important things are trust and loyalty.
Pride attracts the girl. Courage approaches the girl. Wisdom gets the girl. Strength puts up with the girl. Loyalty keeps the girl.
Stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong. – Abraham Lincoln
There’s loyalty that protects secrets and loyalty that protects truth. You cannot serve them both.
It’s better to be hanged for loyalty than be rewarded for betrayal. – Vladimir Putin
Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life.
Every man for themselves! Family, Loyalty And Respect.
There is no love without loyalty and loyalty without love is meaningless so love deeply and devote your all.
Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self- sacrifice. – Woodrow Wilson
What’s most important in a friendship? Tolerance and loyalty. – J.K. Rowling
There’s no substitute for loyalty. – James Lee Burke
My loyalty and friendship has no bounds, no matter where life takes us you’ll always have my hand. – Ellie Williams
The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other. – Mario Puzo
You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day- by- day. – Jeffrey Gitomer
In thy face I see the map of honour, truth and loyalty. – William Shakespeare
If you aren’t loyal to the few you won’t be blessed with the many. – Orrin Woodward
The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith. – Confucius
I’m only loyal to people who are loyal to me and if you ain’t loyal to me well you ain’t getting no loyalty from me. That’s a fact.
Loyalty does not demand proof of loyalty. – Valkyrie
SOME PEOPLE AREN’T LOYAL TO YOU, THEY ARE LOYAL TO THE NEED OF YOU. ONCE THEIR NEED CHANGES, SO DOES THEIR LOYALTY. – Leonardo DiCaprio
Loyalty is not the kind of exclusive deal, it’s just a sincere communication and the same values. – Romain Gary
A person who deserves my loyalty receives it. – Joyce Maynard’
You’ve got to give loyalty down, if you want loyalty up. – Donald T Regan
One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart. – Simone Elkeles
Loyalty is a two-way street. If I’m asking it from you, then you’re getting it from me.
Never let your loyalty make a fool of you.
Loyalty was a funny thing. So was love. They both bit you when you least expected it. – Jodi Lynn Anderson
I’ll take fifty percent efficiency to get one hundred percent loyalty. – Samuel Goldwyn
Patriotism is just loyalty to friends, people, families. – Robert Santos
Loyalty is rare, if you find one never ever think of losing that person.
My honor is my loyalty. – Heinrich Himmler
Love and loyalty runs deeper than blood. – Richelle Mead
The ability to inspire rather than enforce loyalty is a critical quality of leadership. – Geoffrey Hindley
Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others. – Ada Velez- Boardley
Loyalty is the foundation of a good relationship.
Sometimes, loyalty gets in the way of what you want to do. Sometimes, it’s not your secret to tell. – Stephenie Meyer
Unless you can find some sort of loyalty, you cannot find unity and peace in your active living. – Josiah Royce
Loyalty is a feature in a boy’s character that inspires boundless hope. – Sir Robert Baden- Powell
Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved. – Martin Luther King
More Quote Topics
- Best Friend
- Being Unappreciated
- Editorial Guidelines
- Our Ethics Policy
- Conversation Starters
Famous Loyalty Quotes – About Relationships, Friends & Family
Loyalty is like a light switch; it's either on or off, there's no in between - You’re either completely loyal, or not loyal at all. Here are some of best quotes about Loyalty. They can completely change how you think and perceive Loyalty.
Loyalty is a complex yet basic and profound element of our relationships. Calling upon our loyalty and dedication, life allows us to experience fully our ability to love others.
In our relationships, we trust each other, we share our experiences, and we occasionally fight or argue but we always forgive eventually. And that's how loyalty plays its role, ensuring our relationships last for a lifetime.
Loyalty makes us put our needs on the back burner and places loved ones’ needs first; we know that we can count on them to return such kindness, but that is not why we do it.
We do it because that is the way of love, and loyalty is requisite for love, a force that sustains, nurtures, helps us grow, and lets us be ourselves.
Best Loyalty Quotes
The following quotes can teach us many valuable lessons, such as the importance of loyalty in relationships , the power of trust, and the value of keeping our word.
“Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family.” – Anonymous
“You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
“Love and loyalty runs deeper than blood.” – Richelle Mead
“Loyalty is the strongest glue which makes a relationship last for a life time.” – Mario Puzo
“Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others.” – Ada Velez-Boardley
“We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
“There was something about totally loyalty, uncritical devotion, endless patience, perpetual forgiveness and the general inability to believe that a loved one could ever do anything wrong that, frankly, just gave him the creeps.” – Joanne Harris
“What is loyalty? which starts from selfless efforts and ends with self-respect, which starts from love and ends with non-ending commitments, which absorbs all insult and still ready to give a hand, which forget all negative tags and still hoping to get a positive word, which is looking for the path where true efforts are seen in unbiased way….” – Sonal Takalkar
Quotes To Express the Importance of Being Loyal in a Relationship
Loyalty is an important part of a relationship and can be the difference between a healthy, thriving relationship and one that is doomed to fail.
Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
- A woman’s loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man’s loyalty is tested when he has everything.” – Anonymous
- “We men and women are all in the same boat, upon a stormy sea. We owe to each other a terrible and tragic loyalty.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.” – Confucius
- “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined… to strengthen each other… to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot
- “One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart.” – Simone Elkeles
- “Two people holding each other up like flying buttresses. Two people depending on each other and babying each other and defending each other against the world outside.” – Erica Jong
- “They were governed by private loyalties which they did not question. What mattered were individual relationships, and a completely helpless gesture, an embrace, a tear, a word spoken to a dying man, could have value in itself.” –George Orwell
- “Loyalty is beyond what anyone can explain, someone may claim to love you but still betray you, only a loyal person can stay with you even if it’s going to cost them their peace and joy.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
Quotes About Being Loyal To Friends
Loyalty is an important factor in friendship. It serves as a foundation for trust, respect, and connection. Loyalty allows friends to depend on each other and to be there for each other in their time of need.
This common proverb perfectly illustrates the concept " a friend in need is a friend indeed ".
- “Even though I can’t solve your problems, I will be there as your sounding board whenever you need me” – Sandra K. Lamberson
- “Your truest friends are the ones who will stand by you in your darkest moments – because they’re willing to brave the shadows with you – and in your greatest moments – because they’re not afraid to let you shine.” – Nicole Yatsonsky
- “Are we not like two volumes of one book?” – Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
- “There isn’t much that I can do, But I can sit an hour with you, And I can share a joke with you, And sometimes share reverses, too…. As on our way we go.” – Maude V. Preston
- “If by my life or death I can protect you, I will.” J.R.R. Tolkien
- “We are each other’s reference point at your turning points” –Elizabeth Fishel
- “To have one loyal friend is far better than many fake friends.” –Lailah Gifty Atika
- “What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?” – George Eliot
- “Thought fitted thought; opinion met opinion: we coincided, in short, perfectly” – Charlotte Bronte
- “If, after I go out, a friend of mine gave a feast, and did not invite me to it, I shouldn’t mind a bit. I can be perfectly happy by myself … but if, after I go out, a friend of mine had a sorrow, and refused to allow me to share it, I should feel it most bitterly. If he shut the doors of the house of mourning against me I would come back again and again and beg to be admitted, so that I might share in what I was entitled to share in. If he thought me unworthy, unfit to weep with him I should feel it as the most poignant humiliation, as the most terrible mode in which disgrace could be inflicted on me” – Oscar Wilde
- “I may be stupid, as you say, to believe in honour and friendship and loyalty without price. But these are virtues to be cherished, for without them we are no more than beasts roaming the land.” – David Gemmell
- “A friend is someone who walks into a room when everyone else is walking out.” –Gay Moore
- “True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Unlike the puerile loyalty to a conviction, loyalty to a friend is a virtue – perhaps the only virtue, the last remaining one.” –Milan Kundera
- “You can’t train people loyalty. A person with loyalty is a great asset than a smart but disloyal one…” –Assegid Habtewold
- “I don’t run when my friends need me.” – Rick Riordan
- “Trust is the reciprocal experience, knowledge and understanding of another that enables them to feel safe whether they are present or absent, each person knowing that neither will betray mutual faith, friendship and loyalty, which endures through the most challenging of circumstances” – Suzy Davies
Quotes About Loyalty With Family
Family is a very important institution of society and a significant pillar in every person's life. One might be unfortunate with other relationships or friendships but nothing matches the loyalty entrenched in family bonds.
- “Together we shared a bond not even death would violate.” –Dee Remy
- “But what are loyalty and caring really worth? To me? Everything.” – Richelle Mead
- “My father wrote: always question where your loyalties lie. The people you trust will expect it, your greatest enemies will desire it, and those you treasure the most, will, without fail, abuse it.” – Emily Thorne
- “Just because a person is young doesn’t mean that being loyal to someone isn’t important. And it still hurts if someone isn’t loyal to you.” – C. C. Hunter
- “If a man asks me for my loyalty… I will give him my honesty. If a man asks me for my honesty… I will give him my loyalty!” – John Boyd
- “People feel more loyalty to how they think things should be than to other people, including their family.” – Megan Giddings
To Live by Loyalty as a Principle
You have read how loyal relationships, friends, and family come along. However, what's most important to understand is that it's only possible when we live by such principles in our daily life.
- “The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith.” – Confucius
- “Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart – the center of self-respect and human dignity. It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it – and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal.” –Maurice Franks
- “Loyalty is a continuous phenomenon, you don’t score points for past action,” –Natasha Pulley
- “Sometimes we are loyal to more than one thing. When there’s a conflict, we have to choose which loyalty to honor.” – Claudia Gray
- “Where there is loyalty, weapons are of no use.” –Paulo Coelho
- “Loyalty is still the same, whether it win or lose the game; true as a dial to the sun, although it be not shined upon.” – Samuel Butler
- “Loyalty is not defined when you choose each other when it suits you. Loyalty is defined when you are super mad at them and still you don’t seek someone else’s shoulder.” –Sarvesh Jain
- “And loyalty is a valued commodity. It can be sold… not bought, but sold” –Frank Herbert
- “Repeat business or behavior can be bribed. Loyalty has to be earned.” – Janet Robinson
- “The greater the loyalty of a group towards the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.” – Rennis Likert
- “Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down.” – Grace Murray Hopper
- “…loyalty is complicated. From the outside, it’s duty; from the inside, it’s love.” –Nicola Upson
- “Loyalty. Is it something only dogs know? When I think of it, I wonder if I would rather have it than love. Whereas love is often an over-used word and an unpredictable feeling, the other is nothing but dependability.” –Donna Lynn Hope
- “Loyalty publicly results in leverage privately.” – Andy Stanley
- “One owes loyalty, only, to those who demonstrate in kind.” – T.F. Hodge
- “Part of patience is knowing your truth and staying loyal to it; you just can’t allow your face to betray what an attack on it actually makes you feel.” A.D. Aliwat
- “Not all bees are loyal to the same hive.” –Marty Rubin
- “People defending you in your absence speak a lot more about them than about you. Loyalty is still loyalty even when no one is looking.” – Sarvesh Jain
- “Loyalty, which asserts the continuity of past and future, binding time into a whole, is the root of human strength; there is no good to be done without it.” –Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Loyalty has nothing to do with having billions in your accounts, giving food to the poor, having rich as friends or allies, it’s about having people in your life who are ready to die for you to live.” –Bamigboye Olurotimi
- “Love and loyalty work hand-in-hand” –Jeremey Gove
Are You Loyal to Yourself?
It's highly important for you to figure out how loyal you are to yourself. Do you know what you desire in life? If yes, do you know what your direction is? Do you know whatever steps you are taking in life is for your happiness?
- “You understand more about yourself when you realize you’re not as loyal as you like to think you’re” – Sarvesh Jain
- “Once you pick a side, you can’t straddle the fence.” – Carlos Wallace
- “Simply be honest. In all things, be loyal to your truth.” Kris Franken
- “There’s such a thing as loyalty, said Jane…. As you get older you will learn that it is a virtue too important to be lavished on individual personalities.” C.S. Lewis
Why Loyalty Matters?
Loyalty plays a critical role in our relations. No one will be able to connect with you on a deeper level until they can completely trust you.
Here are a few ways loyalty impacts our personal relations.
- Helps you build trust: When you demonstrate loyalty to someone, it builds a level of trust between the two of you. This trust can help to strengthen relationships, leading to a more harmonious bond.
- Encourages commitment behavior: It shows that you are willing to make the effort to stay true to your word and to the relationship. This can help to build a strong foundation of trust that can lead to a long and successful relationship.
- Reinforces our relationships: It lets the other person know that you are invested in them and in the relationship. It shows that you are a reliable and dependable person who can be trusted.
- It promotes real respect: Being loyal shows that you respect the other person and the relationship. It shows that you are willing to put in the effort to make it work.
- It creates stability in our lives: It helps to ensure that the relationship is strong and secure. This can make it easier to weather the storms that life throws your way .
Most of us go through life with many acquaintances but only a few loyal ones, may it be your siblings, friends, soulmate, or even a work colleague.
With these few loyal ones, we can relax and let down our guard, revealing our dreams and plans for the future and our deepest hopes and aspirations , always knowing that our secrets are safe and that we won’t be ridiculed for our thoughts.
The loyal ones are in whom we confide our most burdensome worries and insecurities. They accept us for who and what we are, and we grant the same acceptance in return because loyal bonds never die.
Everyone wants loyal and loving relations and we really hate when someone acts fake or tries to manipulate us, but still, that's part of life. Here are some quotes to help you express feeling about Fake people .
Finally, I would like to say, " Be loyal to yourself, cherish, and appreciate the loyal ones in your life as they are not easy to find. "